Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,993 members, 7,949,356 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 07:39 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (789732 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by tunexniko: 6:07pm On Aug 27, 2013
I jst want to be assure of goin to the turkey embassy witout appointment,hope z nt a waste of time pls I need answer?
Re: North Cyprus by emerjenstar: 8:09pm On Aug 27, 2013
wip7:

I think you cant meet up...you may risk it but Turkish embassy will stop receiving names from us so soon. We have sent 3 batches of name to Turkish embassy Abuja now and we have about 630 Africans paid and sent their names to embassy this semester..i think we are cool now till next semester!!Our dorms are filled up, we are still negotiating for the female dorm with discount!!

Pls all students arriving should fill the pick up form....
wip7:

I think you cant meet up...you may risk it but Turkish embassy will stop receiving names from us so soon. We have sent 3 batches of name to Turkish embassy Abuja now and we have about 630 Africans paid and sent their names to embassy this semester..i think we are cool now till next semester!!Our dorms are filled up, we are still negotiating for the female dorm with discount!!

wip7:

⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊ŦЂⱭ̤̥̈̊П̥̥̲̣̣̣KƧ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌!.... 4 D̶̲̥̅̊ info. I guess I'll AV 2 hurry my sponsor cos I MUST b a student of EMU ds session by God's grace. cheesy ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊ŦЂⱭ̤̥̈̊П̥̥̲̣̣̣KƧ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌!.... @wip7
Re: North Cyprus by jolugo: 9:14pm On Aug 27, 2013
@wip thank you so much. I got my visa today and am very grateful for ur help. Pls in which section of the school website do I fill the pick up form, have been searching for it. Thanks once again
Re: North Cyprus by jolugo: 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2013
@wip thank you so much. I got my visa today and
am very grateful for ur help. Pls in which section of
the school website do I fill the pick up form, have
been searching for it. Thanks once again and I think u deserve a bottle of beer
Re: North Cyprus by tunexniko: 9:56pm On Aug 27, 2013
@Jolugo pls did you booke for appointment before goin to d embassy
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 27, 2013
tunexniko: @Jolugo pls did you booke for appointment before goin to d embassy
Re: North Cyprus by jolugo: 10:12pm On Aug 27, 2013
@aliesto, yeah I booked for an appointment.
Re: North Cyprus by princetoochi: 6:17am On Aug 28, 2013
jolugo: @aliesto, yeah I booked for an appointment.
@everybody in the house,pls do not mind my curiosity but see it as an avenue to assist ur brother ,incase ur sponsor is a civil servant but couldn't find his appointment letter,is it going to be an obstacle in the embassy,
secondly,must the sponsor use his salary account or can he just use any account like savings account.
Thirdly,where ur sponsor is a business man,must he provide tax certificate.pls assistooooooooooo,tanx
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 6:31am On Aug 28, 2013
princetoochi:
@everybody in the house,pls do not mind my curiosity but see it as an avenue to assist ur brother ,incase ur sponsor is a civil servant but couldn't find his appointment letter,is it going to be an obstacle in the embassy,
secondly,must the sponsor use his salary account or can he just use any account like savings account.
Thirdly,where ur sponsor is a business man,must he provide tax certificate.pls assistooooooooooo,tanx
AS to your questions.
1. Did they mention in the visa requirements for you sponsor to provide his appointment letter...please u all should ask reasonable questions not just anything u think or feel like....soon such questions will be ignored.
2.your sponsor can use any account as long as it belongs to him and there is good amount of cash in there or the cash flow is okay
3.If he is the owner of the business and if a registered business,he must provide that.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 6:42am On Aug 28, 2013
In other not to ask irrelevant questions outside the visa requirements pls here is the list again

STUDENT VISA APPLICATIONS

(including students traveling to Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, students traveling for language training purposes, students wishing to study in Turkey and other countries)

1. At least 6 months valid passport, with enough blank pages for visa sticker (to be seen and returned to the applicant until the approval of application),

2. Copies of the relevant pages of the passport (data and extension pages),

3. Duly filled visa application form,

4. One (1) passport-size photograph,

5. Admission and Acceptance Letter by the University,

6. Payment receipt of school fees,

7. Confirmation letter from the school acknowledging receipt of payment,

8. If the travel purpose is language training, the certification of language course issued by the Turkish Ministry of Education,

9. Proof of basic education, copies of graduation diploma and certificates (W.A.S.C., S.S.C.E., Statement of Result, etc.) duly signed and approved by the Federal Ministry of Education and the Ministy of Foreign Affairs thereafter,

10. Proof of BA education, copy of university graduation diploma duly signed and approved by the Federal Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs thereafter.(For master students),

11. Guarantee letter signed by the sponsor and the student, stating that the sponsor will cover all the expenses of the student, and that the student will never apply to any person or institution (including university) for financial support or scholarship, certified by a notary public,

12. A copy of “Certificate of Company Incorporation” of the sponsor,

13. A copy of certificate of income tax clearance of the sponsor,

14. Original “personal” bank statement for the last three months of the sponsor together with original approval/reference letter from the bank branch manager

NOTE: Students who will study in countries other than Turkey are granted with one-month valid transit visas.

PLEASE ASK IN LINE TO THIS NOT WHAT IS NOT LISTED HERE
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:03am On Aug 28, 2013
jolugo: @wip thank you so much. I got my visa today and am very grateful for ur help. Pls in which section of the school website do I fill the pick up form, have been searching for it. Thanks once again

EMU official orientation starts 16th Sept, all students must fill the arrival pick up form so as to enable them be transported freely to the campus. Kindly visit EMU website, click on 16th student welcoming you will find the forms. Fill and send back to EMU intl center and activity centers. Follow instruction written in the form.
Re: North Cyprus by faithyxman: 7:39am On Aug 28, 2013
wip7:

EMU official orientation starts 16th Sept, all students must fill the arrival pick up form so as to enable them be transported freely to the campus. Kindly visit EMU website, click on 16th student welcoming you will find the forms. Fill and send back to EMU intl center and activity centers. Follow instruction written in the form.

@Mr Wip, My oga we are twin brothers that applied to EMU and we have made our payments since August 16th. we want to ask you if our payments has been processed and our names should be at the embassy by now?

Our References are : 400-503.2.1-4305 and 400-503.2.1-4036. we have sent the copy of the offer letter and the payment slip to registrar@emu.edu.tr as directed on the admission letter. We await your response soon.

Thank you my oga
Re: North Cyprus by princetoochi: 7:45am On Aug 28, 2013
penroll55: In other not to ask irrelevant questions outside the visa requirements pls here is the list again

STUDENT VISA APPLICATIONS

(including students traveling to Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, students traveling for language training purposes, students wishing to study in Turkey and other countries)

1. At least 6 months valid passport, with enough blank pages for visa sticker (to be seen and returned to the applicant until the approval of application),

2. Copies of the relevant pages of the passport (data and extension pages),

3. Duly filled visa application form,

4. One (1) passport-size photograph,

5. Admission and Acceptance Letter by the University,

6. Payment receipt of school fees,

7. Confirmation letter from the school acknowledging receipt of payment,

8. If the travel purpose is language training, the certification of language course issued by the Turkish Ministry of Education,

9. Proof of basic education, copies of graduation diploma and certificates (W.A.S.C., S.S.C.E., Statement of Result, etc.) duly signed and approved by the Federal Ministry of Education and the Ministy of Foreign Affairs thereafter,

10. Proof of BA education, copy of university graduation diploma duly signed and approved by the Federal Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs thereafter.(For master students),

11. Guarantee letter signed by the sponsor and the student, stating that the sponsor will cover all the expenses of the student, and that the student will never apply to any person or institution (including university) for financial support or scholarship, certified by a notary public,

12. A copy of “Certificate of Company Incorporation” of the sponsor,

13. A copy of certificate of income tax clearance of the sponsor,

14. Original “personal” bank statement for the last three months of the sponsor together with original approval/reference letter from the bank branch manager

NOTE: Students who will study in countries other than Turkey are granted with one-month valid transit visas.

PLEASE ASK IN LINE TO THIS NOT WHAT IS NOT LISTED HERE
Hey penroll,I appreciate ur quick response to my question and must confess u really throw some lights on this issue,but still wonna let u know that the way u present things to pple matters,there are ways u help pple with sugar they won't appreciate it and there are ways u help ppl with acid they will gladly take it and appreciate it,com- on guy,control ur temperament and potray urself as a matured man,no amount of question here is irrelevant,it bothers the person asking it thatz y he feel protected and luved by asking it in this forum.
by the way thanks bruv......u'r a brother!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:21am On Aug 28, 2013
faithyxman:

@Mr Wip, My oga we are twin brothers that applied to EMU and we have made our payments since August 16th. we want to ask you if our payments has been processed and our names should be at the embassy by now?

Our References are : 400-503.2.1-4305 and 400-503.2.1-4036. we have sent the copy of the offer letter and the payment slip to registrar@emu.edu.tr as directed on the admission letter. We await your response soon.

Thank you my oga

Do you guys apply for admission directly to EMU or via agent? if agent ask your agent for your confirmation letter. Next list goes next week to embassy!
Re: North Cyprus by benson3788(m): 2:54pm On Aug 28, 2013
Re: North Cyprus by optimusprime2(m): 3:05pm On Aug 28, 2013
benson3788: I learnt we need medical tests too before proceeding to the embassy. How true is this?
If yes; Is there a specified hospital for this or one may do it anywhere?
For what??
Where do you guys get info from, seriously?
Re: North Cyprus by benson3788(m): 3:55pm On Aug 28, 2013
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 4:01pm On Aug 28, 2013
princetoochi:
Hey penroll,I appreciate ur quick response to my question and must confess u really throw some lights on this issue,but still wonna let u know that the way u present things to pple matters,there are ways u help pple with sugar they won't appreciate it and there are ways u help ppl with acid they will gladly take it and appreciate it,com- on guy,control ur temperament and potray urself as a matured man,no amount of question here is irrelevant,it bothers the person asking it thatz y he feel protected and luved by asking it in this forum.
by the way thanks bruv......u'r a brother!

No p but ask relevant ones sha
Re: North Cyprus by togsonkak: 10:30pm On Aug 28, 2013
Im happy to tel u guys that im in the Island nw Emu, it was a great jorney. Fortunately for me, i went through one way flight, and i wasnt even asked for my bta. Im having a nice time here with 'good' people
Re: North Cyprus by smutlinz: 10:40pm On Aug 28, 2013
togsonkak: Im happy to tel u guys that im in the Island nw Emu, it was a great jorney. Fortunately for me, i went through one way flight, and i wasnt even asked for my bta. Im having a nice time here with 'good' people

guy. i've heard 'orisirisi' about this one-way or round trip issue.
do you mean its inconsequential either way?
Re: North Cyprus by togsonkak: 10:50pm On Aug 28, 2013
smutlinz:

guy. i've heard 'orisirisi' about this one-way or round trip issue.
do you mean its inconsequential either way?
. I went through an immigration officer. Then i gave him a very little change when the job was done. I didnt even have to stay on queue like other people. Preferential treatmnt. I gues
Re: North Cyprus by smutlinz: 10:53pm On Aug 28, 2013
togsonkak: . I went through an immigration officer. Then i gave him a very little change when the job was done. I didnt even have to stay on queue like other people. Preferential treatmnt. I gues

which airline please?....im about to make a booking also.

ta
Re: North Cyprus by togsonkak: 11:28pm On Aug 28, 2013
smutlinz:

one last question please.

did you make the booking by yourself or via an agent?

i hope to mail you.

thanks again.
. I booked with an agent, and i had to pay agent fee like 12k. That was the only mistake i made. Why not go to their ofice in lagos. Victoria Island and pay directly? U dnt need an agent when u go directly. Saves u much money
Re: North Cyprus by jolugo: 11:35pm On Aug 28, 2013
@togsonkak, like u have rightly said, u can pay directly when u visit their office, but how do you book the airline that will take u from turkey to NC, remember emirate will stop at turkey only.
Re: North Cyprus by togsonkak: 12:39am On Aug 29, 2013
u Can pay online. And u can also pay through a trust worthy frnd in north cyprus
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 5:20am On Aug 29, 2013
@wip7 am still waiting for information on a cheaper school to do medicine in north Cyprus or other opportunities in Turkey or south cyprus
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 6:27am On Aug 29, 2013
brownbest: @wip7 am still waiting for information on a cheaper school to do medicine in north Cyprus or other opportunities in Turkey or south cyprus
No where in the world you will find a cheap school to do medicine only if you consider going to free tuition countries of which you must learn their language.
Wip is not replying your message cus he believe you should know better.....you can shift to related medical courses if you wish cus its cheaper there.
Re: North Cyprus by bellong: 12:08pm On Aug 29, 2013
brownbest: @wip7 am still waiting for information on a cheaper school to do medicine in north Cyprus or other opportunities in Turkey or south cyprus

Cheap cost is a relative term. Like how much are you looking at paying for the program per session?
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 29, 2013
bellong:

Cheap cost is a relative term. Like how much are you looking at paying for the program per session?
less than 6000USD
Re: North Cyprus by bellong: 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2013
brownbest:
less than 6000USD

If you want to get that in Turkey, you will have to study in government schools that teach only in Turkish. If you are admitted, you will be made to learn Turkish for a year before you start your studies.

Use google to search for universities in Turkey, wikipedia will return result for all schools in Turkey. Though there are few government owned institutions you can study medicine in English for about $6000, the schools are very competitive.

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (356)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.