Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,356 members, 7,920,340 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 02:50 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (785429 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Newnikolas(m): 4:08pm On Oct 31, 2010
@Sithanda
Your posts are meaningful. But could u throw light on the likely monthly cost of living in Cyprus off campus?
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 31, 2010
The best package guys are running regards accommodation is you getting a 3bedroom flat for like 400euros per month whereby 3 of u pick d rooms each or 6 as the case may be n u pay ur bills collectively, transportation round the town is free everyday 4 CIU students, feeding is a function of your consumption but the best is for you to stock your house with about 50euros per month I guess then all you have left is your water bills n electricity bills.
Re: North Cyprus by Chinois: 11:22pm On Oct 31, 2010
@ Sithanda,

How are you finding CIU; in terms of infrastructure and environment? is it compulsory for freshmen to stay in the dorms?

Why are you thinking of leaving?
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 01, 2010
@Chinois as per infrastructure am not the happening type so I haven't gone out of Lefkosa eversince, but some guys I met on the Island argued that Abuja is more beautiful than the whole of Cyprus
I haven't actually decided that I was gonna leave my man, I have a family man in France and he's throwing me an invitation and you know I've gat free accommodation, meals n other freebies and you know what that means but maybe I'll just go for summers n come back cox Lefkosa is damn boring u keep ur self busy with ur laptop
Re: North Cyprus by abduladi(m): 6:39am On Nov 02, 2010
Pls do u hv any idea on the population of students in ciu. And from ur experience, Hw will u rate d standard of their teaching
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 02, 2010
General population; I gat no idea but as 4 naija community u will surely av naija guys. Regards the standard of teaching is okay n student friendly but they aint good in teaching English from my own experience so I'd never advise anyone to come for anything related to language studies
Re: North Cyprus by tEsLim(m): 9:47am On Nov 02, 2010
@Sithanda it could be boring maybe because as you rightly said you are not the happening type. Have you visisted clubs/pubs. You have any new friends yet? Atleast a girlfriend? Go to gym? Use the basketball court or stuffs that are easy to access in the Uni? Go to the beach?
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 02, 2010
we dont have clubs in Lefkosa but my friend do go clubbing at Girne Saturday evenings n u gat a free bus to Girne by 7pm and back home by 1am n u can stay all nite there if u wish cox its a nice place but if you're schooling in Magusa there are clubs n beaches around there. Turkish/Cypriot gals are naive u hardly find a gal amongst them from my own experience though I know of 2guys who have them as galfriends, but you can have a gal from other countries like I do
Re: North Cyprus by tEsLim(m): 2:04pm On Nov 02, 2010
Oh! Cool where is your gf from? I'll be in Famagusta what have you heard about the place? So its easier to hangout with foreigners than Cypriots & Turks? OR you think its language barer because I'm actually interested in learning Turk 200miillion people speak it. Though my number one is Espanol with 500m people.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 02, 2010
any question regards F.Magusta should be directed to oga wip4 or if u find Yemming cox am not used to the place. My gal is from Abkazia close to Russia.
Re: North Cyprus by Chinois: 4:27pm On Nov 02, 2010
@ Sithanda,

Could you please explain the process of authenticating the documents at the Ministry of Education in Abuja? What do I need to take with me for certifying both my O level and Bachelors degree certificates?

Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 02, 2010
For O levels u need a scratch card be it neco waec, n d original result then when u get there, they'll check it then u pay to the bank maybe 600naira per cert but as per d Bsc I have no info
Re: North Cyprus by iz2much: 8:31am On Nov 03, 2010
lipsrsealed just passing bye
Re: North Cyprus by temmym3(m): 9:51pm On Nov 03, 2010
@SITHANDA, Thanks for the C.A.Letter stuff brov. I appreciate. Concernin the legalisation of result, my Waec certificate is not yet out, i confirmed dat from my old school and went personally to the waec office. I have the statement of result plus my waec printout with me. Can this be legalised or what other thing can i do, WIP4, SITHANDA and all the island gurus or pals that fell a victim of this once, Please, advice me on what to do. Tnx.
Re: North Cyprus by abduladi(m): 11:25am On Nov 04, 2010
Hw far temym, hv u gotten ur acceptance letter Already? Hw many days did it tk for u to get it?
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 2:39pm On Nov 04, 2010
EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP AND EXCHANGE PROGRAM ABROAD

Eastern Mediterranean University, the only leading UNIVERSITY and international collaborations center in North Cyprus, offers quality Student Exchange opportunities and wide range of scholarships to NIGERIANS, the exchange program that include a choice of various countries in United States, Canada, Austria, Germany, Poland and ASIA as well as 112 Collaborations which offer valuable academic time period to suit individual purposes.

Scholarships:
International Student Scholarship System: From the Spring Semester of the 2009-2010 academic year, international undergraduate and postgraduate students registering to the Eastern Mediterranean University will be able to apply for merit-based scholarships worth 25%, 50% and 100% to assist our incoming students to offset their bills.
In order to assist female applicants from Nigeria, EMU offers 50% accommodation waivers for female applicants.

At EMU 25%, 50% and 100% scholarships are offer to all our applicants based on the applicant result,

ADMISSION IS FREE, NO APPLICATION FEE.
Studentship: Studentship positions exist in various faculties and administrative departments in the university. It is open to all students. A student must have a GPA above 2.0. Vacancies for these positions are usually announced at the beginning of each semester by various departments. Monthly stipend is based on hourly rates.

Research Assistant: Every semester each faculty allocates a number of research assistant positions. A full- time research assistant gets exemption from tuition fee as long as his/her assistantship continues and has a salary. Part-time research assistant has exemption only from one module’s tuition fee and has a salary. For more information please contact http://grad.emu.edu.tr or the related faculty/ department.

To apply, you can scan your documents to us.

scholarship@emu.edu.tr, skull4una@gmail.com

International Office
Eastern Mediterranean University
Northern Cyprus
http://ic.emu.edu.tr , www.emu.edu.tr, http://emuintcenter..com/
+90 392 630 3201
+90 392 630 2444
+90 392 630 2690
Fax +90 392 630 4033
Re: North Cyprus by abduladi(m): 6:28pm On Nov 04, 2010
Wip4, pls correct me if am wrong. Its like u work at there international students admission office right? Also, if i apply with an email transcript, will i still need to provide hardcopy of the transcript on resumption?also is there transfer program for masters students?
And Hw do i need a cover letter and reference letter for admission,ie masters admission.
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 7:59pm On Nov 04, 2010
abduladi,

You can apply to EMU for your master programs and take advantage of EMU scholarship and world renown recognized certificate. you will need to submit your official transcript during registration.
At EMU , you cant apply as transfer for master programs only transfer as undergraduate. i dont know what you mean by cover letter.
read emu websites and blogs to know more.

International Office
Northern Cyprus
+90 392 630 3201
+90 392 630 2444
+90 392 630 2690
Fax +90 392 630 4033
Re: North Cyprus by temmym3(m): 10:30pm On Nov 04, 2010
abduladi:

Hw far temym, hv u gotten your acceptance letter Already? Hw many days did it tk for u to get it?
@Abdulai, Yeah bro, i got it under one week, thanks to SITHANDA.
Re: North Cyprus by abduladi(m): 11:21pm On Nov 04, 2010
Congrats temym. Imagine, that skl is tellin me they can't find my transcript that was received by them 2 months ago. Am just pissed right nw. Am thinkin of emu nw sef. Wip4 Abeg, i will process for an email transcript but my skl won't send it to an individuals address. Just d skl applied for. But i will be interested in that scholarship u mentioned. I hope u still hv my other necessary docs with u. Wat i meant by cover letter is the statement of purpose required in no 25 of the form. Also wat doc will be provided for 22, the alternate source of fundin part?
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 7:50am On Nov 05, 2010
@abduladi,

Kindly send your complete docs and fill the application form with your attached transcript to me within few days your acceptance letter will be out. fill what you know on the application form and leave others to me. Also your university can send official transcript to EMU address below but for admission you can get your acceptance letter with the email transcript as you described.

INFORMATION FOR APTECH STUDENTS:

Eastern Mediterranean University is an international English medium university located in Northern Cyprus, just forty miles south of Turkey in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea.

The extensive campus is just outside the extraordinary medieval city of Famagusta and hosts some fourteen thousand students from over sixty different countries.

Northern Cyprus enjoys all the advantages of a Mediterranean climate and is blessed with some of the most beautiful beaches in the region. With a population of just over 250,000 people, it is one of the safest parts of the world to enjoy an international education.

With a new memorandum of understanding now signed, APTECH students can benefit from a full range of opportunities at EMU. Not only can they complete their BA degree in EMU’s dynamic School of Computing and Technology within three semesters, there are excellent opportunities to proceed into the school’s postgraduate programme.

EMU’s international merit-based scholarship system is also available to APTECH students, offering 25% and 50% tuition scholarships, with a special new system now offering equivalent reductions on dormitory accommodation to female applicants.

International Office
Northern Cyprus
+90 392 630 3201
+90 392 630 2444
+90 392 630 2690
Fax +90 392 630 4033
Re: North Cyprus by Yemming(m): 8:04am On Nov 05, 2010
i have really missed alot,

@sithanda, how far na and how ciu, u no even look our side, will come over to your end after mid term,
@wip4, more grease to your elbow
@charleskay, how far na, hope u are enjoying life in magusa,
Re: North Cyprus by temmym3(m): 8:10pm On Nov 06, 2010
@ABDULAHI,
Sorry about your transcript brov. Maybe God wants you to go for EMU instead. Its a good choice with alot of opportunities. I would have applied to EMU myself assuming i could afford d tuition. 4100euros tuition per semester (apart 4rm livin expenses) no easy especially for us dat our parents aint so rich.
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 8:53pm On Nov 06, 2010
@ temmym3,

Please may i ask you which university is 4100euros? if you are talking about EMU please EMU fees is 1650USd pa semester for 50% scholarship recipient, kindly Check our university and read well. www.emu.edu.tr

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 07, 2010
@Yemming, why I no go look ur side, u be my man nah the main things is that am very busy for now. I have a lot of tests and exams this month
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 07, 2010
@Abdul, if you dont mind sending me a mail with the details of the transcript, we will surely sort it out cox of recent there was a change of official at the International office maybe that could have accounted for the 'missing transcript'
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 07, 2010
@Temmym3, all you need is the school statement of result and a result checking scratch card
Re: North Cyprus by abduladi(m): 11:58am On Nov 07, 2010
Ok sithanda, wats ur email. I will send the details to u asap
Re: North Cyprus by abduladi(m): 1:25pm On Nov 07, 2010
Sithanda, i hv mailed u

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Yemming(m): 2:29pm On Nov 07, 2010
@temy,

where did u see 4200 euros, if u know what is best for u better choose emu, ciu and emu no dey same level, just an advice, it is not too late if you've not paid for school fees,
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 07, 2010
@Yemming, if you're not in a place, you never can tell what's going on in there.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 07, 2010
@Abdul u gat a mail

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.