Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,990 members, 7,973,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 04:15 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (793213 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 11:57am On Feb 19, 2013
Tanx alot wip7,,,i will stick to ur advice
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 7:09pm On Feb 19, 2013
Hi WIP! I wanna know if a current can stay in the school dormitory for his/her summer school, and can that student stay for more than one semester in a school dormitory?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:57pm On Feb 19, 2013
Fernandez88: Hi WIP! I wanna know if a current can stay in the school dormitory for his/her summer school, and can that student stay for more than one semester in a school dormitory?

YES, it depends on availability....
Re: North Cyprus by abbakacici: 9:07am On Feb 20, 2013
My cousin is traveling today for his mba but he received an email from EMU that he has to do additional 3 course which cost like 3000 plus will the 50 percent scholarship apply or not
Re: North Cyprus by Nuzo1(m): 12:29pm On Feb 20, 2013
jt2010:

Huhhh.. So to cut the long story short, who is the anticipated fraudster now tonguelipsrsealed"EMU or your Cousin" tonguelipsrsealed

Why are you misquoting me?

I never at any point in time said EMU or my cousin defrauded me. My cousin in question can easily pay for that. What I said was I'm sensing fraud or misinformation.

However, the case is still pending as I was forced by you guys to seek polite response from the school directly.

Until the school revolves the issue of which they have politely promised to do, I still have my opinion.

So, please...I do not wish to discuss this issue further until the school resolves it. And whichever way the resolution goes....I shall not apologize to anybody as the terms for doing so has been abused by certain individuals.

This dude below seem to be having the same problem.

abbakacici: My cousin is traveling today for his mba but he received an email from EMU that he has to do additional 3 course which cost like 3000 plus will the 50 percent scholarship apply or not

Apologies to Justwise for replying people who has multiple ids.
Re: North Cyprus by jt2010: 12:47pm On Feb 20, 2013
Nuzo':

Why are you misquoting me?

I never at any point in time said EMU or my cousin defrauded me. My cousin in question can easily pay for that. What I said was I'm sensing fraud or misinformation.

However, the case is still pending as I was forced by you guys to seek polite response from the school directly.

Until the school revolves the issue of which they have politely promised to do, I still have my opinion.

So, please...I do not wish to discuss this issue further until the school resolves it. And whichever way the resolution goes....I shall not apologize to anybody as the terms for doing so has been abused by certain individuals.

Read between the line, you said

This dude below seem to be having the same problem.

Apologies to Justwise for replying people who has multiple ids.

We are both saying the same thing dude, you said you are sensing fraud or misinformation and i asked who is the "anticipated fraudster" between EMU and your cousin". grin angry
Re: North Cyprus by Nuzo1(m): 1:05pm On Feb 20, 2013
jt2010:

We are both saying the same thing dude, you said you are sensing fraud or misinformation and i asked who is the "anticipated fraudster" between EMU and your cousin". grin angry

Seems you are bent on misquoting or quoting a word out of my full comment. And its very clear you are having fun doing that.

For the last time, Please refer back to my previous comment where I stated that the school is politely and professionally handling the issue. And I shall not conclude until they are done with it.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:07pm On Feb 20, 2013
abbakacici: My cousin is traveling today for his mba but he received an email from EMU that he has to do additional 3 course which cost like 3000 plus will the 50 percent scholarship apply or not

All admission letters from EMU comes with complete information. Kindly ask your cousin to check his admission letter, it will be stated if he will need to take foundation courses or not right there in in his admission letter, maybe he can scan it to me. Foundation courses are always given to individuals with different background to their chosen master or PhD programs. Incase is not written on his admission letter and he paid and just receive email asking him to do the foundation, kindly send to my email your cousin full name. i will check the system and speak with the rector/registrar on this and that will be taken off. BUT if is written on his admission letter much earlier then his scholarship counts as well. If your cousin has travelled, just send me his name i will check his status on the registration portal.
Re: North Cyprus by pop101: 6:38pm On Feb 20, 2013
@justwise
South Cyprus isn't here. Intercollege, american college...... North Cyprus; CIU isn't here. Just EMU things am seeing so far.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:07pm On Feb 20, 2013
pop101: @justwise
South Cyprus isn't here. Intercollege, american college...... North Cyprus; CIU isn't here. Just EMU things am seeing so far.

We may change the title to South and North Cyprus and you can contribute also positively to help Africans free of charge. But, it will be good if we contribute basically on good schools not schools that only want the money of the students without facilities nor standard enough to compete with even LASU. Also, it will be nice for us to contribute on schools we have been ourselves, seen and the quality is known. Example: American college and intercollege are not schools (because i have gone to these two colleges personally and i will not advise even you to go there). You can talk about other notable Universities in South Cyprus and any interested fellow can also join...its a forum! Thanks and let contribute well together
Re: North Cyprus by pop101: 7:17pm On Feb 20, 2013
@Wip
Great.
(DIY)
Do you know any good school in south Cyprus?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:56pm On Feb 20, 2013
pop101: @Wip
Great.
(DIY)
Do you know any good school in south Cyprus?

I have been to the following universities and i can say much about them as well: University of Cyprus(956, world ranking), European university of cyprus (ranked 6004 world ranking), Fredrick university, Nicosia University and i have heard and known student at Cyprus university of technology (2198). In south Cyprus most of the universities are private while only few are state sponsored Universities. The above mentioned universities to large extent have facilities and ranked a far better compared to AMERICAN COLLEGE OR INTERCOLLEGE.
Re: North Cyprus by INTERALIA(m): 8:30pm On Feb 20, 2013
@wip. Why do you always emphasize on Ranking all the time. Especially Webometrics' ranking?. I agree those 2-storey schools in South Cyprus aren't the best of schools at all and also EMU is one of the best schools in the world. But the emphasis you lay on ranking needs some correction. The last time i searched Webometrics' ranking criteria on Wikipedia, it explained the criteria to be the volume of the Web contents (number of web pages and files) and the visibility and impact of these web publications according to the number of external inlinks (site citations) they received. I assure you even all these Webometrics guys have not been to all these schools they rank high to have on-sight information about the schools. They only base their ranking on web-search. They even always tell people NOT to use their ranking when choosing schools to study. There are many very good schools even in Finland,Sweden and Germany that are ranked between 4000-5000th in Webometrics ranking. EMU is one of the best in the world with very conducive environment. No doubt about that.But my point is would-be students shouldn't rely on Webometrics' ranking PLS.Rather they should rely on people who have been to these schools and have on-sight info.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:55pm On Feb 20, 2013
INTERALIA: @wip. Why do you always emphasize on Ranking all the time. Especially Webometrics' ranking?. I agree those 2-storey schools in South Cyprus aren't the best of schools at all and also EMU is one of the best schools in the world. But the emphasis you lay on ranking needs some correction. The last time i searched Webometrics' ranking criteria on Wikipedia, it explained the criteria to be the volume of the Web contents (number of web pages and files) and the visibility and impact of these web publications according to the number of external inlinks (site citations) they received. I assure you even all these Webometrics guys have not been to all these schools they rank high to have on-sight information about the schools. They only base their ranking on web-search. They even always tell people NOT to use their ranking when choosing schools to study. There are many very good schools even in Finland,Sweden and Germany that are ranked between 4000-5000th in Webometrics ranking. EMU is one of the best in the world with very conducive environment. No doubt about that.But my point is would-be students shouldn't rely on Webometrics' ranking PLS.Rather they should rely on people who have been to these schools and have on-sight info.

Thanks alot for the contribution. I am more concerned about the following: University ranking and rating, facilities, scholars in each university, output of publications yearly from each university, Teaching quality, tangible assets, campus environment and value for the money paid yearly or semester wise! There are huge ranking sites for the universities and colleges world wide (I mostly use WEBO but it does not mean we dont have others and am not saying WEBO is FIRST CLASS RATING - Just my own way and we can have others also!!). Also, i will only comment or talk about universities i have been to and i have seen the facilities they have gotten and structures on ground. I try my best to give incoming students the raw news and facts so they can be well informed and choose what ever they want to go for. The universities i have mentioned above, I have been there and i know them very very well.

i happened to have seen huge number of students lied to by agents just to send these students abroad and when they get there, they become frustrated. we have similar cases at EMU, agents will tell students that they will get job on arrival to EMU and some of the agents claimed that EMU even secure work permit for the students on arrival, some sold all their properties and borrowed money to come and discover the reality. So i have taken the task to educate people and give useful information here and is free of charge and am not paid to do this just my own contribution to the society.

I am in charge African scholarship at EMU, just imagine, some new students will arrive and inform us they paid 1000-2000USD for scholarship, i feel bad about this and i always blame the students for these, why will you pay for what is written boldly that is free of charge!!
Re: North Cyprus by Akogunbee: 11:23pm On Feb 20, 2013
Gud evening. Pls am a new nairalander nd I was reading ur posts on cyprus, emu nd tuition fees.

Am a corper serving in oyo state, I want to goo 4 my masters immediately afta nysc. Pls kindly assist cos I dnt knw anythn abt student visa.

I nid a tution free education or probably 75percent waivers on skl fees.

Lastly, can I study in cyprus nd work at d same time? Ur urgent response wil be highly appreciated. I rili nid to leave dis country afta nysc

I await ur response. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by tdade(m): 11:33pm On Feb 20, 2013
Wip7 can you tell me about METU-NCC?
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 1:16am On Feb 21, 2013
Akogunbee: Gud evening. Pls am a new nairalander nd I was reading ur posts on cyprus, emu nd tuition fees.

Am a corper serving in oyo state, I want to goo 4 my masters immediately afta nysc. Pls kindly assist cos I dnt knw anythn abt student visa.

Lastly, can I study in cyprus nd work at d same time? Ur urgent response wil be highly appreciated. I rili nid to leave dis country afta nysc

You cannot work and study because there is no job here. All international students are frustrated here just go to Germany or Netherland.
Re: North Cyprus by Akogunbee: 1:21am On Feb 21, 2013
fados4sure:
You cannot work and study because there is no job here. All international students are frustrated here just go to Germany or Netherland.

Guess u r in cyprus alredi nd u r talking out f experience. I was also told dt der is no jobb in germany/uk esp 4 int students. Wats d next step. I rili nid to get a life outside dis bleeping country
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 1:28am On Feb 21, 2013
Akogunbee:

Guess u r in cyprus alredi nd u r talking out f experience. I was also told dt der is no jobb in germany/uk esp 4 int students. Wats d next step. I rili nid to get a life outside dis bleeping country
It is true there is no job in UK but, in Germany.There are diverse opportumity and secondly, public school in Germany pay as low as 250 euro for tuition fees comapre to CIU that is paying 2228euro for Master degree and close to 4000euro for undergraduate with no job to fall back on. As i speak to you, i will be coming back to 9ja during july so as to be able to apply for Germany visa because i have already apply for German school. Good-luck
Re: North Cyprus by Akogunbee: 1:47am On Feb 21, 2013
fados4sure:
It is true there is no job in UK but, in Germany.There are diverse opportumity and secondly, public school in Germany pay as low as 250 euro for tuition fees comapre to CIU that is paying 2228euro for Master degree and close to 4000euro for undergraduate with no job to fall back on. As i speak to you, i will be coming back to 9ja during july so as to be able to apply for Germany visa because i have already apply for German school. Good-luck

Thanks bro
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:41am On Feb 21, 2013
Akogunbee: Gud evening. Pls am a new nairalander nd I was reading ur posts on cyprus, emu nd tuition fees.

You cant find free university in Cyprus and highest scholarship you can have is 50% unless you graduate with first class. Jobs are scarce in abroad including Cyprus, Finland, Germany and Netherlands etc. The abroad is not as greener or rosy as painted these days cos the abroad people also need jobs as much as you need it. Most people are going for quality education and tends to explore the opportunities that will make them competitive even if they return back to their original country. My advise, is you should have a sponsor or adequate finance to support you till the end of your education anywhere you finally choose and if you are luck and find jobs then is a PLUS to you but never depends on jobs to support your education cos it may not come or may come is risky business!!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:46am On Feb 21, 2013
tdade: Wip7 can you tell me about METU-NCC?

I
wip7:

What do you mean by oil companies in Naija? do you mean those companies involve in marketing of oil and gas or those involve in distribution of oil products in naija? Cos as far as i read on news there are no refineries in Naija, so those ones recognised QUALITY if they see one. Anyway let me brief you about METU. YOU have the opportunity to make your choice

METU is ranked number one (1) university in Turkey and is ranked 396 best university in the world(webometrics), They also have ABET status which makes engineering programs equivalent to Engineering schools in US: Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) which no Nigerian University has.

METU has the largest volume in contract research sponsored by public and private organizations on a nationwide scale. Equipped with a successful small-industry incubator (TekMer) and one of world's fastest growing science parks (METU-Technopolis), METU has been at the forefront of university-industry collaboration. Today METU hosts around 140 high-tech companies which carry a portfolio of over 350 national and international R&grin projects.

If you notice, i dont talk about some Universities in cyprus or Turkey cos i only talk about quality based universities that can proffer you with needed research opportunity and tech to work with and i will only talk about where i have been and see myself. choose whatever you want oooooo!!! but be rest assured METU is a university you wont wanna miss out if you love research cos of their continual governmental supports and industrial finance!

I talked about METU in page 77 of this thread and i quoted here for you again and you can read more on METU website (www.metu.edu.tr) and you can ask other questions on METU also here and i will be glad to reply you!
Re: North Cyprus by Akogunbee: 7:36am On Feb 21, 2013
wip7:

You cant find free university in Cyprus and highest scholarship you can have is 50% unless you graduate with first class. Jobs are scarce in abroad including Cyprus, Finland, Germany and Netherlands etc. The abroad is not as greener or rosy as painted these days cos the abroad people also need jobs as much as you need it. Most people are going for quality education and tends to explore the opportunities that will make them competitive even if they return back to their original country. My advise, is you should have a sponsor or adequate finance to support you till the end of your education anywhere you finally choose and if you are luck and find jobs then is a PLUS to you but never depends on jobs to support your education cos it may not come or may come is risky business!!

Thanks for ur reply. Pls am interested. Aw will I start d processing. Does EMU av registered agents in nigeria? Or is it somethn I can do by mysef.

Pls can 500thousand naira finish all d expenses f skl fees nd ticket? When is der next masters program starting and wen can I start processing it?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:43am On Feb 21, 2013
Akogunbee:

Thanks for ur reply. Pls am interested. Aw will I start d processing. Does EMU av registered agents in nigeria? Or is it somethn I can do by mysef.

Pls can 500thousand naira finish all d expenses f skl fees nd ticket? When is der next masters program starting and wen can I start processing it?

You can do it yourself and i can help you as well..its free of charge. the agents will charge and milk you dry.

Fees for master is 9200usd whole program and you can have 50% tuition discount, which means 4600USD for whole program.

Accomodation per year cheapest is 2000USD but master program last 1.5years so to finish you will spend roughly 3000usd on accommdation.

Feeding is 150-300usd monthly. Totalling 3000usd for whole program

Flight ticket can range 1200-1500usd

In summary: 4600+3000+3000+1500= 12100

12,100.00 USD
=
1,903,329.73 NGN
US Dollar

Nigerian Naira
1 USD = 157.300 NGN
1 NGN = 0.00635728 USD

If you dont have the above ready by yourself or sponsor, pls rethink.
Re: North Cyprus by hycode: 11:13am On Feb 21, 2013
fados4sure:

Hahaha,which day you come wey you wan run lol. Who told you all international students are frustrated?(even the yahoo boys dey hear am hot for Lefkosia now),lol. I advised someone one time don't know if it is you not to come to CIU,but the person said he can go to Wolverhampton and Sunderland from here because they wrote it in their website(scam).

Well before you leave the Island I would advise you to apply for your permit if you dont have it yet,it might be the only benefit you get for paying CIU money.

For future CIU student,learn from this guy,and if you must come to North Cyprus try EMU,I am a CIU student and I know what I am talking about.
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 11:45am On Feb 21, 2013
Please mr wip7 have metu started giving admission and also i need to know how the maths and english exam am going to write is like,,pls reply,,i need to know ,,in order to know how to prepare,,if u can get a past question on it, pls forward to me,,,linus4real20@yahoo.com,,thanks
Re: North Cyprus by eedriyz(m): 1:14pm On Feb 21, 2013
hycode:

Hahaha,which day you come wey you wan run lol. Who told you all international students are frustrated?(even the yahoo boys dey hear am hot for Lefkosia now),lol. I advised someone one time don't know if it is you not to come to CIU,but the person said he can go to Wolverhampton and Sunderland from here because they wrote it in their website(scam).

Well before you leave the Island I would advise you to apply for your permit if you dont have it yet,it might be the only benefit you get for paying CIU money.

For future CIU student,learn from this guy,and if you must come to North Cyprus try EMU,I am a CIU student and I know what I am talking about.

How's EMU different? How much do you think a normal guy would need to sustain annually, minus tuition.

Thanks

@fados. Don't u have a PC? Learn to do something to make you money, forget about finding job. I've never believe in finding job anyway
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 21, 2013
eedriyz:

How's EMU different? How much do you think a normal guy would need to sustain annually, minus tuition.

Thanks

@fados. Don't u have a PC? Learn to do something to make you money, forget about finding job. I've never believe in finding job anyway
Like which business my bro? The only thing am enjoying here is the internet everyother thing is zero

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (356)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.