Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,605 members, 7,944,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 03:33 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (789135 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:30pm On Mar 09, 2013
Fernandez88:
Pls SIR!!! i want you to clarify the below fees with 50% Scholarship, coz it seems im not getting the rough calculation. I know that a minimum of 7 Courses has to be registered for Masters program, and Students pay per course during registration. What i would like to know is that, whats the minimum course he could take in one semester? does the scholarship applies to all the below fees? how many semester will it take a student to complete the M.A program in Communication and media studies? and i don't know if he is going to take these courses ENG511 (20 hour/week) ENGL513, ENGL515, ENGL521, ENGL523, ENGL525, coz the courses are not listed under his program; M.A. in Communications and media studies?

2012 - 2013 ACADEMIC YEAR MASTER´S AND DOCTORAL PROGRAMS TUITION FEES

Thesis Programs

International Students
Registration Fee per Course 1,023 USD
Thesis Registration 1,023 USD
Seminar (First Registration) 0 USD
Seminar (Second Registration) 205 USD
ENG511 (20 hour/week) 2,046 USD
ENGL513, ENGL515, ENGL521, ENGL523, ENGL525 512 USD
Deficiency Program Courses 716 USD
Funds per Semester 110 USD

SIR I WILL BE HIGHLY GRATEFUL IF ALL MY QUESTIONS ARE BEEN ADDRESSED.

THANKS.

Master student in EMU (excluding MBA) with 50% pays total 4700USD to finish the program, the program can last btwn 1.5-2yrs. Minimum course per semester is 1 but minimum amount to pay is 1100USD. Those English courses are optional, basically designed for non-speaker and for students intending to learn Business English and legal English etc.
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 6:36pm On Mar 09, 2013
Thank u SIR! But would he be issued the confirmation of payment with the $1,100? And would his name be sent to the embassy? quote author=wip7]

Master student in EMU (excluding MBA) with 50% pays total 4700USD to finish the program, the program can last btwn 1.5-2yrs. Minimum course per semester is 1 but minimum amount to pay is 1100USD. Those English courses are optional, basically designed for non-speaker and for students intending to learn Business English and legal English etc.[/quote]
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 6:59pm On Mar 09, 2013
Goodday mr wip7,pls as a nigerian will be allowed to study turkish language along with my petroleum engineering @ metu?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:42am On Mar 10, 2013
Fernandez88: Thank u SIR! But would he be issued the confirmation of payment with the $1,100? And would his name be sent to the embassy? quote author=wip7]

Master student in EMU (excluding MBA) with 50% pays total 4700USD to finish the program, the program can last btwn 1.5-2yrs. Minimum course per semester is 1 but minimum amount to pay is 1100USD. Those English courses are optional, basically designed for non-speaker and for students intending to learn Business English and legal English etc.

When he gets admission, minimum he can pay is 2200USD to get confirmation letter and for us to send his name to embassy. After he paid 2,200usd the balance can be paid in the following semester and minimum he can pay in each semester is 1100usd.

udehraphael: Goodday mr wip7,pls as a nigerian will be allowed to study turkish language along with my petroleum engineering @ metu?

Yeah all foreign student will take Turkish language course so as to lean basic conversation.
Re: North Cyprus by Mrjam3zBond007: 9:10am On Mar 10, 2013
Pls i just want clearification on this issue ....(1) pls after paying the complete school fees of 4200USD for a masters programm in EMU, do u still pay for course registration ? (2) if so, do u mean to tell me that after paying school fees of 4200USD you wud still pay 1100USD per course registration.
Thanks
wip7:

Re: North Cyprus by donkos: 6:56pm On Mar 10, 2013
@Wip7: Please what is the total costing for Masters degree in Electrical Engineering in METU. Also any other relevant info will be welcomed.smiley Thank you sir.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:10am On Mar 11, 2013
Mrjam3zBond007: Pls i just want clearification on this issue ....(1) pls after paying the complete school fees of 4200USD for a masters programm in EMU, do u still pay for course registration ? (2) if so, do u mean to tell me that after paying school fees of 4200USD you wud still pay 1100USD per course registration.
Thanks

The total tuition fees for master program at EMU excluding MBA is 9200USD. A student maybe awarded 25% or 50% scholarship. If you are awarded 50% (if you graduate with good CGPA from 2.8 upward) then the student pays 4700USD this is inclusive of registration fees and no any additional fees to be paid. If you pay the FULL 4700USD at once then you wont pay anything till you graduate. If you pay less than 4700USD initially, then the minimum you can pay in each semester to balance up is 1100USD.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:13am On Mar 11, 2013
donkos: @Wip7: Please what is the total costing for Masters degree in Electrical Engineering in METU. Also any other relevant info will be welcomed.smiley Thank you sir.

METU do not offer Master degree in Electrical Engr in North Cyprus campus. They offer related program as master in Sustainable and Energy system, Master program at METU is 1800USD/per semester and program can last 1-5 semesters, means you may finish in 2 or 3 or 5 semesters depending on you.

EMU offers master in Electrical Engr the fees has been explained above.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 11, 2013
Pls I want to know if they offer top up programmes in north Cyprus (HND-DEGREE) or if my ND would be of any use in securing the admission, and do they offer mechanical engr in any of the reputable schools', thanks
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 10:28am On Mar 11, 2013
Goodday,mr wip7,any news yet on metu?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:28am On Mar 11, 2013
udehraphael: Goodday,mr wip7,any news yet on metu?

I told you METU has not started admission for FALL but you said they asked you to apply. I sent your application already, when the admission processing is started, you will be informed. Just keep calm SEpt is so far

Slonge2: Pls I want to know if they offer top up programmes in north Cyprus (HND-DEGREE) or if my ND would be of any use in securing the admission, and do they offer mechanical engr in any of the reputable schools', thanks

No top up program in NCyprus and ND can be used to transfer to year 1 or 2 depending on grades and quality of those courses you have done.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 11, 2013
So with my nd I can get admission into year2, meanwhile it's mechanical engineering I'm doing, does EMU offer the course
Re: North Cyprus by jay3012: 2:42pm On Mar 11, 2013
Mr wip pls is it late to apply to EMU? I am a graduate of biochemistry and I scanned my docs to ur email september last year and u told me I wld get 50 percent scholarship cos I graduated wit a 2.1....pls how do I go about applying to EMU...wat documents do I need to send and how do I send them?
Re: North Cyprus by jay3012: 3:07pm On Mar 11, 2013
And also I would love to knw if METU is in north cyprus or turkey?...wat are the requirements for doing a masters programme in METU....do they offer scholarship? And wat is the cost like? Wip pls reply..tnxx
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:26pm On Mar 11, 2013
Slonge2: So with my nd I can get admission into year2, meanwhile it's mechanical engineering I'm doing, does EMU offer the course

I did not say you will get into year 2, i only said you maybe admitted into year 1-2 depending on your grades, quality and how relevant your courses to courses offer here.

jay3012: Mr wip pls is it late to apply to EMU? I am a graduate of biochemistry and I scanned my docs to ur email september last year and u told me I wld get 50 percent scholarship cos I graduated wit a 2.1....pls how do I go about applying to EMU...wat documents do I need to send and how do I send them?

Next admission in EMU is FALL (Sept 2013) and admission process will open in weeks time.

jay3012: And also I would love to knw if METU is in north cyprus or turkey?...wat are the requirements for doing a masters programme in METU....do they offer scholarship? And wat is the cost like? Wip pls reply..tnxx

Kindly study METU website for the requirements and scholarship info. METU is located in Turkey and have campus in North Cyprus.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 11, 2013
Må grade is 3.14 out of 4 (upper credit) federal. Poly nekede so what're må chances of getting admission into yr2
Re: North Cyprus by rateforex: 7:05am On Mar 12, 2013
please i just got an offer for phd study in turkey.since i would be staying there for about 4yrs,can i go with my family?does the embassy offer visa for student dependants and what type?i have searched the turkish embassy website and nothing of such.i will appreciate adequate information
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:08pm On Mar 12, 2013
rateforex: please i just got an offer for phd study in turkey.since i would be staying there for about 4yrs,can i go with my family?does the embassy offer visa for student dependants and what type?i have searched the turkish embassy website and nothing of such.i will appreciate adequate information

Hey,

I will advise you go first and experience the cost of living and the lifestyle of people living currently in Turkey before you move your family.The embassy will not issued visa for you and your family at first time but you may invite your family after you are settled and have Temporary residence permit(TRP). You may inform you university that your family will be visiting and the university will send IV to the embassy on your behalf after you fulfilled some requirements such as marriage certificate, proof that you can sponsor them when they arrive and accommodation they will stay etc. After Arrival, you may apply at the tax office for them the MUCARARAT (TRP)and you will have to meet some requirements which borders on sponsorship ability etc. You may not secure 4yrs for them at once but you can renew each time it expires.

Also you have to plan financially before you embark on this, cos cost of living in Turkey maybe higher than your home country and the city your university located matters most. If you are in Mamara, Adana, Izmir you may not have much probs eventhough may still be higher compared to your home country. Istanbul and Ankara might be on the high side but there are still far cheaper region in Ist also.
Re: North Cyprus by rateforex: 12:22pm On Mar 12, 2013
wip7:

Hey,

I will advise you go first and experience the cost of living and the lifestyle of people living currently in Turkey before you move your family.The embassy will not issued visa for you and your family at first time but you may invite your family after you are settled and have Temporary residence permit(TRP). You may inform you university that your family will be visiting and the university will send IV to the embassy on your behalf after you fulfilled some requirements such as marriage certificate, proof that you can sponsor them when they arrive and accommodation they will stay etc. After Arrival, you may apply at the tax office for them the MUCARARAT (TRP)and you will have to meet some requirements which borders on sponsorship ability etc. You may not secure 4yrs for them at once but you can renew each time it expires.

Also you have to plan financially before you embark on this, cos cost of living in Turkey maybe higher than your home country and the city your university located matters most. If you are in Mamara, Adana, Izmir you may not have much probs eventhough may still be higher compared to your home country. Istanbul and Ankara might be on the high side but there are still far cheaper region in Ist also.

thanks a lot
for how long do I have to wait to be able to invite them-1month,6months?

if I now invite them, is it on visiting or to stay with me fully?

when you say sponsorship, please can you elaborate a little in financials and numbers?

from your experience, what can be considered n average expense

I really don't know much about turkey, the cities, regions etc, maybe you can enlighten me better

thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
rateforex:

thanks a lot
for how long do I have to wait to be able to invite them-1month,6months?

if I now invite them, is it on visiting or to stay with me fully?

when you say sponsorship, please can you elaborate a little in financials and numbers?

from your experience, what can be considered n average expense

I really don't know much about turkey, the cities, regions etc, maybe you can enlighten me better

thanks

There is no time frame you have to wait to invite, after you have studied your environment and know the cost of managing yourself and your family you can talk to your university.

You will invite them on official documents (basically from your employer or school) and they will apply for either short stay visa or long stay visa and the purpose must be PRIVATE VISIT. After arrival you may speak with the police department on TRP. Mostly they may ask you to show proof of income for the total period of stay ranging 300-500USD monthly for one person, so multiply that by number of your family members.

Living expenses has to do with the city your university is located, Turkey is big country with many states and cities. So where is your university and which city is located? this should give you idea of the living expenses. From personal experience and the friends living in Turkey 300-500USD should do you some good excluding accommodation and bills.
Re: North Cyprus by trustee20: 10:13pm On Mar 12, 2013
Hi WIP7,
I submitted application to EMU on 6th march, when i check my admission status this is what I saw---------

Evaluation of the Registrar's Office Approved 11.03.2013

Evaluation of the IGSR Approved 11.03.2013.

My application is now waiting approval at the department. Please is there any hope for me. This is my application no A130965. Thanks for your usual co operations.
Re: North Cyprus by akonucheinfo(m): 1:16am On Mar 13, 2013
wip2: @iz2much,
yeah i have lived in north and south cyprus before and currently in turkey now. north cyprus is very close to istanbul, turkey and you dont need to have another visa to enter turkey. south cyprus is a bit far.

living expenses is low in north compare to the south cos the south spend euros and cyprus pounds while the north spend turkish lira and dollars.

in the north if your broda is staying off campus he can get apartment of 80-100dols close to CIU per month. you know apartments are bit expensive in lefkosa cos its close to the school but there are some area in nicosia that are more cheaper than that. but i would not advise him to saty in school cos the accomodation is high but with standard facilities but if he has the money he can stay.

so living expenses is around 100-150dols /month for gentle man but for person like me i do spend around 1000dols /month cos i am ajala the traveller.

Aspa jobs, there are jobs in the north but jobs they plenty in the south more than the north and you know wages are paid in euros at south which is like 225naira presently in nigeria while dolars in the north which is like 155naira now.

you know everything is like luck and GOD. some enter Cyprus without anything on them and after few months or weeks God butter their bread. while others enter and nothing good come their way.

has you broda submitted the application for admission?

please how much person need to hold for hand, to apply for school in cyprus? i mean tuition fees, accomodation, visa, travel tickets etc?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:18am On Mar 13, 2013
trustee20: Hi WIP7,
I submitted application to EMU on 6th march, when i check my admission status this is what I saw---------

Evaluation of the Registrar's Office Approved 11.03.2013

Evaluation of the IGSR Approved 11.03.2013.

My application is now waiting approval at the department. Please is there any hope for me. This is my application no A130965. Thanks for your usual co operations.

Atleast 3-4 lecturers will also evaluate your application at your chosen department and if you have good grades and studied related course in your bachelor then you will be admitted. In short time your application status will be updated to know if you are admitted or not or if you have to take some foundation courses.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:42pm On Mar 13, 2013
EMU FUTSAL CUP OF NATION IV

Another thrills!!!!!!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:11am On Mar 14, 2013
EMU FUTSAL CUP OF NATION
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 8:51am On Mar 14, 2013
@mr wip7,,is that a tournament in emu?
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 8:55am On Mar 14, 2013
Pls can someone find all those naija diet like rice,beans,tomatoes,onions,supagg,indomie,palm oil,groundnut oil,yam,plantain in metu area,,,,and what is d weight of luggage one can come with?
Re: North Cyprus by pop101: 11:39am On Mar 14, 2013
@wip
What opportunties/program do you have for 3rd class degree holders to study in EMU?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:07pm On Mar 14, 2013
udehraphael: @mr wip7,,is that a tournament in emu?

YES,am trying to post the video and pics but seems NL does not accept it.

udehraphael: Pls can someone find all those naija diet like rice,beans,tomatoes,onions,supagg,indomie,palm oil,groundnut oil,yam,plantain in metu area,,,,and what is d weight of luggage one can come with?

Get your admission first and you will know all the information as i will guide you tru out FREELY, Also METU was asking me yesterday, that why do you stay back at home since you graduate 2009? pls email me the reason with proof so your application can be evaluated

pop101: @wip
What opportunties/program do you have for 3rd class degree holders to study in EMU?

EMU offer American based education so, the least they can admit is 2.2 from Nigeria. But we have a collaboration with one of the reputable Universities from the UK (Warwick University), can admit 3rd class and give like foundation course. The programs run on EMU campus and students can take some courses at the UK, we just graduate the first set of Warwick students and the degree comes from WARWICK entirely. Its one year and cost 9800pounds ONLY.
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 1:30pm On Mar 14, 2013
Thanks alot,mr wip 7,,,,what kind of proof do i need to present?ileft school 2009 but i lost my mum so i had to bakup my dad in his business cuz i was d only son around,my oter brother is a midical doctor so he can,t come in,i had to run it for long,though i did partime in uniben for sometime but i pulled out cuz i never want social science but physical science,,,though my dad business was shaking,,but thank God it,s balance than ever,,so my dad has decided to take me abroad to fulfill my dream,,so m wip7,,how can i get a proof ? Or should i get a cv from my dad company,,please advice me,,thanks for ur assistance and God bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (356)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.