Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,990 members, 7,973,414 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 04:14 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (793211 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:31pm On Mar 14, 2013
udehraphael: Thanks alot,mr wip 7,,,,what kind of proof do i need to present?ileft school 2009 but i lost my mum so i had to bakup my dad in his business cuz i was d only son around,my oter brother is a midical doctor so he can,t come in,i had to run it for long,though i did partime in uniben for sometime but i pulled out cuz i never want social science but physical science,,,though my dad business was shaking,,but thank God it,s balance than ever,,so my dad has decided to take me abroad to fulfill my dream,,so m wip7,,how can i get a proof ? Or should i get a cv from my dad company,,please advice me,,thanks for ur assistance and God bless

Sorry for what has happened to you and your family. I spoke with the University and the registrar want your father to write a letter on his company letter head and signed and stamped. Stating you were working for him during the 2yrs and state why you left school working for him and state your position in the company and he should state his relationship to you. Get this letter and scan it clearly to me. Then scan a short CV to back it up. The letter should be address to the Registrar of METU, Kalkanli-Guzelyurt, North Cyprus via Mersin 10, Turkey
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 5:26pm On Mar 14, 2013
Thanks alot mr wip7,,but my dad said i should confirm from you,,how should the cv be like..is it also going to written on d com pany headline note too
Re: North Cyprus by abbakacici: 8:47pm On Mar 14, 2013
Pls wip7 I have three questions First I have admission letter for last semester january but I could make due to some reasons so my question is that do I need to apply again so just used the old admission letter and paid the tuition fees second question is that can some one transfer from emu program to warwick emu program and the third question not related is about accomodation from the pictures I saw is like alfam dorm look better but marmara dorm is more expensive and student like it more, alfam cost like USD 3700 while marmara cost usd 5000 so the question what marmara has that alfam does have
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:22am On Mar 15, 2013
udehraphael: Thanks alot mr wip7,,but my dad said i should confirm from you,,how should the cv be like..is it also going to written on d com pany headline note too

Just normal A4 paper is sufficient for the CV sir.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:30am On Mar 15, 2013
abbakacici: Pls wip7 I have three questions First I have admission letter for last semester january but I could make due to some reasons so my question is that do I need to apply again so just used the old admission letter and paid the tuition fees second question is that can some one transfer from emu program to warwick emu program and the third question not related is about accomodation from the pictures I saw is like alfam dorm look better but marmara dorm is more expensive and student like it more, alfam cost like USD 3700 while marmara cost usd 5000 so the question what marmara has that alfam does have

Hey,

1. If you want to come now for the upcoming semester, you have to renew your admission letter. Kindly email your letter back to the registrar and inform them you want to renew.

2. Its better to start with WARWICK PROGRAM at the beginning than transferring at the middle.You may transfer but what happend to the money you paid to EMU? totally gone. But When you start WARWICK at EMU, you can have opportunity to do second master at a shorter period and earn two Master almost at same time. One from EMU and one from WARWICK.

3. Mamara is old student hostel and is private. neat and quite, has kitchen within each room but Alfam is newly modernized hostel and maybe slightly noisy, also private without Kitchen within the room but at coridor. If you want to live in private dorm in EMU, I will strongly advise AKDENIZ dorm for you, is private and the most sane. You can visit each before you register and decide though but Akdeniz still boil out as great!
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 9:27am On Mar 15, 2013
Thamks alot mr wip7,,i will make it available immediately
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 12:57pm On Mar 15, 2013
please mr wip7,,i have sent it but the one from my dad is not signed,,so i will sign and send again,,plese sorry for the error
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 7:32pm On Mar 15, 2013
Plis mr wip7,,i sent the letter to u earlier today but d letter from my dad was not signed before i sent it,,pls check it out and see if it,s ok,,if there is need to still sign it ,,pls tell me
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:49pm On Mar 15, 2013
udehraphael: Plis mr wip7,,i sent the letter to u earlier today but d letter from my dad was not signed before i sent it,,pls check it out and see if it,s ok,,if there is need to still sign it ,,pls tell me
wip7:

Sorry for what has happened to you and your family. I spoke with the University and the registrar want your father to write a letter on his company letter head and signed and stamped. Stating you were working for him during the 2yrs and state why you left school working for him and state your position in the company and he should state his relationship to you. Get this letter and scan it clearly to me. Then scan a short CV to back it up. The letter should be address to the Registrar of METU, Kalkanli-Guzelyurt, North Cyprus via Mersin 10, Turkey

check that bold part....
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 8:56pm On Mar 15, 2013
Thanks mr wip7,,pls check ur box for the stamped and signed letter
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 8:57pm On Mar 15, 2013
Pls sir check tomorrow,,,i will send the letter with the stamp on it
Re: North Cyprus by rateforex: 10:16pm On Mar 16, 2013
wip7:

There is no time frame you have to wait to invite, after you have studied your environment and know the cost of managing yourself and your family you can talk to your university.

You will invite them on official documents (basically from your employer or school) and they will apply for either short stay visa or long stay visa and the purpose must be PRIVATE VISIT. After arrival you may speak with the police department on TRP. Mostly they may ask you to show proof of income for the total period of stay ranging 300-500USD monthly for one person, so multiply that by number of your family members.

Living expenses has to do with the city your university is located, Turkey is big country with many states and cities. So where is your university and which city is located? this should give you idea of the living expenses. From personal experience and the friends living in Turkey 300-500USD should do you some good excluding accommodation and bills.

thanks a lot
I have offers from marmara university,haceppete university and yildiz teknik university
please offer more advice and explanations
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:30am On Mar 17, 2013
rateforex:

thanks a lot
I have offers from marmara university,haceppete university and yildiz teknik university
please offer more advice and explanations

The three universities are great universities, only haceppete uni is located in Ankara (capital of Turkey), while the other two in Istanbul, Marmara Uni is not far from the major city center in Istanbul and all the major shopping stores are find around there especially sultanahmet region. it has many campuses though, so it depends on which campus you fall to. If you want quite and not so large population you may choose Hace Uni since is located in Ankara but if you want so much crowd and too much shopping then consider those in Istanbul. Since all the tree universities are public then the fees will be low so you can enjoy yourself. Wish you luck!
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 11:19am On Mar 17, 2013
Please mr wip7,,i just the letter stamped,,i will send it very early in d morning,,but please hope u have gone through it,,hope d letter is ok and good enough
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:34pm On Mar 17, 2013
udehraphael: Please mr wip7,,i just the letter stamped,,i will send it very early in d morning,,but please hope u have gone through it,,hope d letter is ok and good enough

yeah the letter is okay just get it signed and stamped.
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 9:48pm On Mar 18, 2013
Pls wip7,i have sent d stamped letter, check ur box,,thanks alot
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:14pm On Mar 19, 2013
udehraphael: Pls wip7,i have sent d stamped letter, check ur box,,thanks alot

I did not receive it from you. When i receive i will reply ur email. Kindly resend.
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 7:20pm On Mar 19, 2013
@mr wip7,,pls i will send itagain in d morning,,,thank u very much
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 10:29am On Mar 20, 2013
good day mr wip7,,,i have sent the stamped letter,,it is longer than a4 paper,,so the other stamp was cutt half..thank u
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:08am On Mar 20, 2013
udehraphael: good day mr wip7,,,i have sent the stamped letter,,it is longer than a4 paper,,so the other stamp was cutt half..thank u

received and i replied your mail. Allow the University to examine it and make decision. I will update you...
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 11:52am On Mar 20, 2013
Tanks alot mr wip7,,waiting patiently
Re: North Cyprus by rateforex: 11:55am On Mar 20, 2013
wip7:

The three universities are great universities, only haceppete uni is located in Ankara (capital of Turkey), while the other two in Istanbul, Marmara Uni is not far from the major city center in Istanbul and all the major shopping stores are find around there especially sultanahmet region. it has many campuses though, so it depends on which campus you fall to. If you want quite and not so large population you may choose Hace Uni since is located in Ankara but if you want so much crowd and too much shopping then consider those in Istanbul. Since all the tree universities are public then the fees will be low so you can enjoy yourself. Wish you luck!

Thanks. I will be going for economics. finding it difficult to make a choice smiley
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:19am On Mar 21, 2013
Dear Summer School Participant,

As Eastern Mediterranean University 2013 International Summer School, we are delighted to inform you that Turkish Airlines (THY) is our official transporter and offers our summer school students a special discounted rate on its flights. The discounts are as follows:

Up to 20% on Business Class

Up to 15% on Economy Class

In order to claim this discount, you will need to show your official acceptance letter from Eastern Mediterranean University to a Sales Office of Turkish Airlines in your country.

Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 6:20pm On Mar 21, 2013
@ mr wip7,,goodday sir,,the message u sent to my box,,i was unable to open it,,hope it,s not that important,,,,i tried alot of times but it won,t open,,,thank u
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 7:00pm On Mar 25, 2013
Pls can someone give me an idea,,,can a student schoolingin northcyprus travel to norway for visit during holidays,pls i need urgent answers plzzzz
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 7:03pm On Mar 25, 2013
Plzzz is it very costly to travell as a student from turkey to norway?
Re: North Cyprus by laboldkid(m): 1:34am On Mar 26, 2013
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:48pm On Mar 26, 2013
udehraphael: Pls can someone give me an idea,,,can a student schoolingin northcyprus travel to norway for visit during holidays,pls i need urgent answers plzzzz

Yes you can travel to any where provided you are resident in NC.

la_bold_kid: Greetings mr wip7 nd everybody in d house.pls sir i want to process my admission to EMU or any other uni for an undergradute progrm,...pls sir HOPE am not too late?!,if not i need your help!on hw to start
,coz i want d admission dis yr.thank u sir.

send me your credentials.
Re: North Cyprus by menaveroh(m): 4:58pm On Mar 26, 2013
please i need to know how will it cost me to travel to Cyprus to live and work,or school
i work in a hospitality industry here in Nigeria as a waiter and presently working now as a bartender,we it be easy get a job in any hotel or club or restaurant if i travel there ,how much do you think i need to travel there if am going for schooling we it be up to 800k or more ,or we i be able to school and work as a bartender when i get there are there any uni that we we allow me school and work while schooling with them .what if am going to live and seek for job if i get there will i spend up to the 800k,because i understand that one spend much if you are traveling with a schooling visa.please i need to travel to Cyprus i love that country
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 8:13pm On Mar 26, 2013
Thanks alot mr wip7,,,that means it won,t be expensive travelling there or like how much will it cost
Re: North Cyprus by trustee20: 8:19pm On Mar 26, 2013
Atleast 3-4 lecturers will also evaluate your application at your chosen department and if you have good grades and studied related course in your bachelor then you will be admitted. In short time your application status will be updated to know if you are admitted or not or if you have to take some foundation courses.

Please Sir, I am still waiting, my admission status still remains the same- waiting approval at the department. It is taking quite some time. Hope nothing has gone wrong. Is there any way you can help. Please sir!
Re: North Cyprus by laboldkid(m): 9:52pm On Mar 26, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (356)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.