Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,494 members, 7,968,355 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 05:04 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (792577 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:03am On Apr 15, 2013
ojandis: Thanks so much Mr Wip7. I'm travelling to Turkey. The initial e-mail i sent to the embassy had just "APPOINTMENT" as the subject matter while the second e-mail i sent had "APPOINMENT INTERVIEW" as the subject matter.

Okay thats cool. When you do not hear from them kindly go and apply at the post. May i know if is the club manager that is inviting you or middlemen? i do hope you have done a great search and ensured you are on the right lane? wish you luck!!!
Re: North Cyprus by ojandis: 7:39am On Apr 15, 2013
Yea its a middleman,someone i know so well. How long does it take the embassy to reply an applicant's e-mail? Will the embassy request for an invitation letter since am dealing with a middleman? Tnx
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:05am On Apr 15, 2013
ojandis: Yea its a middleman,someone i know so well. How long does it take the embassy to reply an applicant's e-mail? Will the embassy request for an invitation letter since am dealing with a middleman? Tnx

The time for reply varies depending on so many factors at the embassy. Yes the embassy will need official invitation letter and from the experience i have they always required official IV from the club or on the club letter head paper and such applications are sent back to Turkey for verification for genuiness. Just ensure you have submitted geniune and original documents and the club is verifiable. Good luck!!
Re: North Cyprus by ojandis: 3:08pm On Apr 15, 2013
Thanks so much Wip7. I just got a reply from the turkish embassy inviting mε̲̣̣̣̥ for an interview. They sent mε̲̣̣̣̥ a reply based on the 1st e-mail i sent to them. Now,my question is this; what will the embassy do if they find out that i sent a second e-mail to them? Remember,i told you that i had to send a second e-mail to them when i felt i didn't fill the first appropriately. And pls what are the necessary documents to present to the embassy.Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:55pm On Apr 15, 2013
ojandis: Thanks so much Wip7. I just got a reply from the turkish embassy inviting mε̲̣̣̣̥ for an interview. They sent mε̲̣̣̣̥ a reply based on the 1st e-mail i sent to them. Now,my question is this; what will the embassy do if they find out that i sent a second e-mail to them? Remember,i told you that i had to send a second e-mail to them when i felt i didn't fill the first appropriately. And pls what are the necessary documents to present to the embassy.Thanks

I told you that the embassy will ignore the incorrect email and then reply based on the correct one. You have received the reply from them so kindly go and apply at the embassy at the given date and time. I will advise you read the embassy website for the required documents, all you need is written on the site. Good luck!
Re: North Cyprus by seyi852002: 8:36am On Apr 16, 2013
Hi mr wip7, I expected ur mail yestaday concerning meeting the IGRS director on my rejected Msc application.
Kindly feed me back pls.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:18pm On Apr 16, 2013
seyi852002: Hi mr wip7, I expected ur mail yestaday concerning meeting the IGRS director on my rejected Msc application.Kindly feed me back pls.

Hello, just left the IGRS director unfortunately, she said you have weak grades on major courses and you wont be admitted after careful examination of your transcript. Also METU criteria is stricter! good luck!!
Re: North Cyprus by trustee20: 2:17pm On Apr 16, 2013
Hi wip7, I just checked my admission status, and this is what I saw...

Evaluation of the Department Conditionally Accepted 15.04.2013

The student must attend a deficiency program including the following deficiency course(s)

Course Code Ref Code Course Name
PSIR220 135D4 Research Design
PSIR203 135D2 Politics and Society
PSIR201 135D1 Theory and Practice of International Relations
PSIR210 135D3 International Organizations

Approval of the IGSR Awaiting for Approval

what is this deficiency thing all about, I don't understand.
Re: North Cyprus by seyi852002: 3:35pm On Apr 16, 2013
Tank u for ur efforts, cheers
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:12pm On Apr 16, 2013
trustee20: Hi wip7, I just checked my admission status, and this is what I saw...

Evaluation of the Department Conditionally Accepted 15.04.2013

The student must attend a deficiency program including the following deficiency course(s)

Course Code Ref Code Course Name
PSIR220 135D4 Research Design
PSIR203 135D2 Politics and Society
PSIR201 135D1 Theory and Practice of International Relations
PSIR210 135D3 International Organizations

Approval of the IGSR Awaiting for Approval what is this deficiency thing all about, I don't understand.

Means you have to take those courses and passed them before you can proceed to your main program, you will also pay separately for the deficiency courses, read more on EMU grad website. The deficiency courses are given to you either you studied a major different from what you are applying for or you have low marks in the courses in same major.
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 8:09pm On Apr 16, 2013
Goodday mr wip7,,plsss i will like to clarify something,,,(1)when i get to northcyprus,after my first yr will i come back to nigeria to renew my visa or can i do it over there or i won,t be needing d visa again? (2)will 200dollars last me a month or will i need more?(3)how is the transport service like,is it expensive,,,thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:32pm On Apr 17, 2013
udehraphael: Goodday mr wip7,,plsss i will like to clarify something,,,(1)when i get to northcyprus,after my first yr will i come back to nigeria to renew my visa or can i do it over there or i won,t be needing d visa again? (2)will 200dollars last me a month or will i need more?(3)how is the transport service like,is it expensive,,,thanks

You do not need the visa anymore, you can travel in and out of cyprus with your valid residence permit. So you will be required to apply for residence permit after your registration at METU.

Averagely you will be quite fine with 200USD but i dont know about your lifestyle. If you dont smoke, if you dont womanise, if you dont rent cars, nor drink alcohol, nor order food frequently at the eatries....You will be good with 200USD.

Transport is expensive compared to Nigeria but cheaper compared to other EU countries. But your dorm and school are close, so you may not need transport and you can get a bicycle within the skool if you so wish but dont rent cars cos your money will finish. There are school buses also.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 17, 2013
Mr Wip7? It is about to happen. During my registration with CIU, they collected all my original certificate and now, I have applied to a German school and I went to the registration office to collect my certificate. They said the only way they can issue my certificate to me is either I wait till graduation or I terminate my program with CIU and the funny thing is that my tuition fees won't be refunded.
How do you see it sir?
Secondly, will you advise me to process the German visa in Cyprus here or I should go back to 9ja and process it? Your humble opinion sir
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:01pm On Apr 17, 2013
fados4sure: Mr Wip7? It is about to happen. During my registration with CIU, they collected all my original certificate and now, I have applied to a German school and I went to the registration office to collect my certificate. They said the only way they can issue my certificate to me is either I wait till graduation or I terminate my program with CIU and the funny thing is that my tuition fees won't be refunded.
How do you see it sir?
Secondly, will you advise me to process the German visa in Cyprus here or I should go back to 9ja and process it? Your humble opinion sir

Yes, you can only take your documents when you graduate or when you wish to terminate your studies and fees wont be refunded. Its the university policy not only in CIU but all universities in TRNC.

You can get true copies of your documents from them if you wish to use that to secure admission in any German universities. Also you can apply for the German student visa ONLY from Turkey as the German embassy at TRNC can only process short stay not long or student permit. The process is easier from Turkey compared to Nigeria as far as I know provided you have the required amount for the block account.
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 5:29pm On Apr 17, 2013
Thanks alot mr wip7,,that means even if i come back to nigeria for holiday i won, be needing visa ,,my resident permit can take me back?
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 6:25pm On Apr 17, 2013
Can someone get a job around metu?
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 17, 2013
udehraphael: Can someone get a job around metu?
People are living those two country you are going...
You will get bank work and they will pay you $1000 per hour
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 7:39pm On Apr 17, 2013
Is there anything wrong with the country?
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 8:29pm On Apr 17, 2013
@fados4sure can u explain better,i don,t get u
Re: North Cyprus by owilondon: 8:45pm On Apr 17, 2013
@wip,please that tuition fee for medicine,is it for a whole section or semester? but then plus the 50% scholarship is about 3oo plus so is it for semester or section? and please can one apply for medicine now because on agent gave us info that there will be a section by june july.please reply,tnx!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:25am On Apr 18, 2013
owilondon: @wip,please that tuition fee for medicine,is it for a whole section or semester? but then plus the 50% scholarship is about 3oo plus so is it for semester or section? and please can one apply for medicine now because on agent gave us info that there will be a section by june july.please reply,tnx!

Hi,

Which university were you referring to? if is EMU, the fees for medicine is 7800usd per semester and we do not offer scholarship for medicine at EMU. Per year fees will be 15600USD. We do not have June-July section for international students for now.
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 6:43am On Apr 18, 2013
Goodday mrwip7,plz answer my questions,plzzzz
Re: North Cyprus by owilondon: 7:51am On Apr 18, 2013
[quote author=wip7]

tnks alot @wip.please what do u no about georgia europe?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:04am On Apr 18, 2013
[quote author=owilondon][/quote]

I only know that Georgia (country) is located btwn Eastern Europe and Asia and they spend Lari as currency. They have a lot of black bread cos i ate black bread alot their the first time i visited the country. Also i happened to visit during winter, it was so crazily cold at Tbilisi and i could see alot f russian related pple living there. Thats all i know about Georgia.!!!!
Re: North Cyprus by owilondon: 8:33am On Apr 18, 2013
@wip,wao! just want to no the education aspect.all thesame,tnks alot.
Re: North Cyprus by slow360: 12:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
Plz pals, I just want to know how sure is admission for someone of 26 years old...
Re: North Cyprus by trustee20: 9:07pm On Apr 18, 2013
Well, I have been granted admission and 50% scholarship, am now making arrangement to pay the stipulated sum. Please what is the cost for the deficiency course, as i have to take four of them.
wip7:

Means you have to take those courses and passed them before you can proceed to your main program, you will also pay separately for the deficiency courses, read more on EMU grad website. The deficiency courses are given to you either you studied a major different from what you are applying for or you have low marks in the courses in same major.
Re: North Cyprus by tdade(m): 9:44pm On Apr 18, 2013
G'day mr wip! Sir, I'm thinking about working towards gaining admission into METU to study petroleum and natural gas engineering this summer. I'd like to know the details involved. I'd also like to know the amount the processing will cost. I have 3Bs and 4c(all Bs in science related subject), what do you think my tuition waiver would be? Would appreciate your reply sir, thank you.
Re: North Cyprus by emmausa: 5:28am On Apr 19, 2013
Pls help out! Is it too late to apply for admission in south cyprus? I really wanna apply. Secondly which do u think is better, north cyprus or south cyprus
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:33am On Apr 19, 2013
tdade: G'day mr wip! Sir, I'm thinking about working towards gaining admission into METU to study petroleum and natural gas engineering this summer. I'd like to know the details involved. I'd also like to know the amount the processing will cost. I have 3Bs and 4c(all Bs in science related subject), what do you think my tuition waiver would be? Would appreciate your reply sir, thank you.

When were you born? state the results of 6 courses you had in your olevel here and tell me if is B2 or B3 and if is C5 or C6 you got in these subjects, then i will be able to know the waivers you can get. Kindly read more on METU website to learn about the admission processing and what other information you may need.

trustee20: Well, I have been granted admission and 50% scholarship, am now making arrangement to pay the stipulated sum. Please what is the cost for the deficiency course, as i have to take four of them.

Each deficiency course is 716usd excluding scholarship, kindly read on our website to learn more.
Re: North Cyprus by tdade(m): 7:26am On Apr 19, 2013
wip7:

When were you born? state the results of 6 courses you had in your olevel here and tell me if is B2 or B3 and if is C5 or C6 you got in these subjects, then i will be able to know the waivers you can get. Kindly read more on METU website to learn about the admission processing and what other information you may need.
1995. B3 in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. C5 in Maths and further Maths. C6 in English. Thank you.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:58am On Apr 19, 2013
tdade: 1995. B3 in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. C5 in Maths and further Maths. C6 in English. Thank you.

Your total point from the related subjects is 20 from the results you posted, therefore you will be admitted with 25% waiver, which means you will be required to pay 4133usd each semester(inclusive of accomodation, health insurance and tuition).

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (356)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.