Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,530 members, 7,937,529 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 07:19 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (788204 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:37am On Jun 14, 2013
coolchris: Dear wip7,Thank you for your Guide so Far, I just have two question to ask you.

1: How long does it take EMU to send Payment Confirmation to students?

2: I heard that there might be a war outbreak in Turkey.

Thank you.

Hi,

Answers to your que:

1. Confirmation are sent to the student/agent from EMU after the Account office of EMU receives the payment (payment may take 2-10days to arrive at EMU depends on the bank). The account office inform the registrar office on the amount receive and date and sender. The registrar office check the details and prepare the confirmation letter. After preparation, it goes to the Head of registration to sign and it will be scan to the student/agent. In short the duration depends on volume of money that comes during that period, volume of work at hand but approximately if money received within few days (2-3).

2. I left for Turkey last night and currently eating elimorsa, fresh snake egg and dubuntu drink in Istanbul Aydin resturant near Galata bridge now...have not heard gunshot or bomb may be i will watch it on CNN or BBC or Aljezeera since they know how to report something like this. what did you hear want to cause the war or what caused the war ooooo
Re: North Cyprus by pwettyolly(f): 1:14pm On Jun 14, 2013
mr wip well done u av been doin a gud job so far pls i will b goin 2 emu dis fall bai God grace so i wanna ask am i payin mai hostel fees 2geda wif mai tuition fee nd is dere any female dat will b goin arund dat period also can i pay a year fee @once
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 1:34pm On Jun 14, 2013
pwettyolly: mr wip well done u av been doin a gud job so far pls i will b goin 2 emu dis fall bai God grace so i wanna ask am i payin mai hostel fees 2geda wif mai tuition fee nd is dere any female dat will b goin arund dat period also can i pay a year fee @once
Around which period?....book your flight first and start looking based on that but for sure you will see lot of people going same day with you so that shouldn't be your worry for now...wish you safe flight
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:50pm On Jun 14, 2013
pwettyolly: mr wip well done u av been doin a gud job so far pls i will b goin 2 emu dis fall bai God grace so i wanna ask am i payin mai hostel fees 2geda wif mai tuition fee nd is dere any female dat will b goin arund dat period also can i pay a year fee @once

Yes you can pay your tuition and Hostel fees together and when you arrive you will inform account office your hostel and the money will be transferred into hostel account. You can pay a year fees even 2years or more is permitted.
Re: North Cyprus by pwettyolly(f): 3:36pm On Jun 14, 2013
tnk u so much 4 dat info pls can u recommend ny hostel 4 me dat is vry gud nd affordable arund 120000 maximum 2 pple in a rum tnk u
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:44pm On Jun 14, 2013
pwettyolly: tnk u so much 4 dat info pls can u recommend ny hostel 4 me dat is vry gud nd affordable arund 120000 maximum 2 pple in a rum tnk u

If you are a female, the economy hostel for females is Sabanci (you have 50% discount on that) and you pay about 800USD per year. If you are a guy DAU4 will be good. You can check about our dorms on EMU website under dormitory for specs and prices.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:05pm On Jun 15, 2013
bidemi2014: @Wip. Hello sir, thanks for the good work u doing. Pls I just paid my Tuition Fees and have sent a copy of the payment receipt and my Acceptance letter to your mail box.

Please help me check it (ola.tayo@yahoo.com) and also when will I be getting the confirmation letter has I was told by my bank it was sent yesterday 13th of june.

I received your payment slip. It has been forwarded to our account office, when your money arrive at our bank, the registrar office will send you confirmation. So relax for that!
Re: North Cyprus by pwettyolly(f): 8:17pm On Jun 15, 2013
bidemi r u goin 4 ur msc or bsc nd 2 mr wip or any orda person familar wif nc preferably a student is there any handiwork a female student can engage in dat is legal nd dat can fetch one money dat will b sufficient 4 upkeep am asking dis cos of mai sister dat is in d UK she is doin it illegally but it pays some bills so pls advise on type of wrk will b welcome i dnt want 2 rely on searching 4 jobs wanna do sumfin wif mai hands pls am waiting 4 ur replies
Re: North Cyprus by bidemi2014: 8:54pm On Jun 15, 2013
@pwettyolly. I will be going for my bsc. What about you and how far have you gone with ur processing.
Re: North Cyprus by pwettyolly(f): 9:24pm On Jun 15, 2013
am also going 4 mai bsc nufin much yet dnt want 2 b forward since i heard d visa expires within a month nd moreover school isn't resuming until Sept pls lemme enjoy d little tym available 2 me in Nigeria o lolssss
Re: North Cyprus by bidemi2014: 10:38pm On Jun 15, 2013
@pwettyolly. That's very true. Which skul are u going to and hope u have the list of documents required for visa.
Re: North Cyprus by bidemi2014: 10:42pm On Jun 15, 2013
@Wip thank you sir. You very helpful
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 5:46am On Jun 16, 2013
pwettyolly: bidemi r u goin 4 ur msc or bsc nd 2 mr wip or any orda person familar wif nc preferably a student is there any handiwork a female student can engage in dat is legal nd dat can fetch one money dat will b sufficient 4 upkeep am asking dis cos of mai sister dat is in d UK she is doin it illegally but it pays some bills so pls advise on type of wrk will b welcome i dnt want 2 rely on searching 4 jobs wanna do sumfin wif mai hands pls am waiting 4 ur replies
If you are good with female hair like retouching,weaving and so on then you are on your way in making cool cash legally else i dont tink there is anything you can do....
Re: North Cyprus by pwettyolly(f): 10:03am On Jun 16, 2013
@ bidemi emu nd it remaining mai tax clearance
Re: North Cyprus by pwettyolly(f): 10:05am On Jun 16, 2013
@ bidemi emu 2 study public relation and advertisement water about u nd it remaining mai tax clearance
Re: North Cyprus by bidemi2014: 11:11am On Jun 16, 2013
@ pwettyolly. Am also going to EMU to study IT, pls as for the tax clearance, is it compulsory as I was told its only when u submitting a company statement of Account. I guess ur sponsor has a company..

Pls. What other documents. Is needed for the Embassy as I want to cross check with mine.

Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by pwettyolly(f): 12:33pm On Jun 16, 2013
am ntt using a company statement of acct d document r
bank statement
sponsor letter
authenticated waec result
schl confirmation letter
tax clearance
and 10000 visa fee i think dat all
Re: North Cyprus by bidemi2014: 12:38pm On Jun 16, 2013
Okay. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 4:03pm On Jun 16, 2013
Really fun reading new incoming students messages here...remember when i was planning coming.....please eat naija food well before coming and come with some if you can cus u will really miss them alot when you get here...
Re: North Cyprus by princetoochi: 5:42pm On Jun 16, 2013
penroll55: Really fun reading new incoming students messages here...remember when i was planning coming.....please eat naija food well before coming and come with some if you can cus u will really miss them alot when you get here...
Hey!penroll,check this out,

Prospective Students

Dormitories and Housing

Accommodation facilities at Eastern Mediterranean University are comprised of eleven dormitories on campus and one off-campus (all with different room sizes and facilities). Dormitories are classified as male and female and include study rooms, television rooms, telephone, Internet, recreational halls, cafeterias and launderettes. Students can prepare their own meals either in kitchens that are available in the rooms themselves or in communal kitchens which are located on the floors. There are also lots of places to eat on the campus that are frequently inspected by the University Cafeterias and Canteens Unit. The Dormitories are also centrally heated and some rooms have air conditioning facilities. For more detailed information regarding the facilities of the rooms and prices please visit http://dormitories.emu.edu.tr.

EMU Dormitories on Campus

Room size Price range

Quadruple room (for 4 people) 1,300 $ - 1,500 $ (annual)

Triple room ( for 3 people) 1,100 $ - 1,400 $ (annual)

Double room (for 2 people) 1,300 $ - 2,100 $ (annual)

Single room (for one person) 2,600 $ - 3,000 $ (annual)
Pls,my question here is ,the 1,300$,is it per person in the room or for the four pple insidethe house,pls clarify me on this.Again,are u staying in the school hostel or offcampus.......which of them do you prefer and why,just compare the two for me bruv.......Again,can someone pay his school fees through credit card.tHanks
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 8:13pm On Jun 16, 2013
princetoochi:
Hey!penroll,check this out,

Prospective Students

Dormitories and Housing

Accommodation facilities at Eastern Mediterranean University are comprised of eleven dormitories on campus and one off-campus (all with different room sizes and facilities). Dormitories are classified as male and female and include study rooms, television rooms, telephone, Internet, recreational halls, cafeterias and launderettes. Students can prepare their own meals either in kitchens that are available in the rooms themselves or in communal kitchens which are located on the floors. There are also lots of places to eat on the campus that are frequently inspected by the University Cafeterias and Canteens Unit. The Dormitories are also centrally heated and some rooms have air conditioning facilities. For more detailed information regarding the facilities of the rooms and prices please visit http://dormitories.emu.edu.tr.

EMU Dormitories on Campus

Room size Price range

Quadruple room (for 4 people) 1,300 $ - 1,500 $ (annual)

Triple room ( for 3 people) 1,100 $ - 1,400 $ (annual)

Double room (for 2 people) 1,300 $ - 2,100 $ (annual)

Single room (for one person) 2,600 $ - 3,000 $ (annual)
Pls,my question here is ,the 1,300$,is it per person in the room or for the four pple insidethe house,pls clarify me on this.Again,are u staying in the school hostel or offcampus.......which of them do you prefer and why,just compare the two for me bruv.......Again,can someone pay his school fees through credit card.tHanks

As to your question,
1. 1300 is per person in the room and 4 persons per room.
2. I live off campus and asking which i prefer dont think its ideal cause my reasons might not be same with yours but as to answer your question i prefer off campus cus
a. privacy i.e if you live in a two bedroom apartment or more you tend to have your own room
b.In hostel you have to leave during summer only if you are on government scholarship and as of now i know so many people desperately looking for where to stay now since they have been given notice to leave.
Well as to me i think the only benefit being in an hostel is free gas to cook,water and internet depending on the hostels though.
3.As for using credit card to pay school fees,dont know about that but why all that stress with credit card,why not apply for GTB master card which you can use anywhere and be able to withdraw here to pay your fees when due or your people can pay directly to the school account.
so make your decision well and you dont have to take mine for yours...maybe when you get here you compare and decide properly.
Hope to see you here....safe flight ahead

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by niceTunde: 10:18pm On Jun 16, 2013
@ penroll55, Wip7

I paid money into the school account last month May 20th and forwarded the payment receipt to the school as instructed but i have not receive any Conformation of Payment from the School.
What should i do?
Should i resend the Receipt?

Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 5:06am On Jun 17, 2013
niceTunde: @ penroll55, Wip7

I paid money into the school account last month May 20th and forwarded the payment receipt to the school as instructed but i have not receive any Conformation of Payment from the School.
What should i do?
Should i resend the Receipt?

Thanks

Send the payment receipt to wip7 to follow it up for you cus wont have that time now,occupied with a lot.
Re: North Cyprus by niceTunde: 5:19am On Jun 17, 2013
@wip7, Please How do i send it to You.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 6:31am On Jun 17, 2013
niceTunde: @wip7, Please How do i send it to You.
this is wip7 email skull4una@gmail.com or can send it to me to take it to him when free on penroll55@yahoo.com
Re: North Cyprus by niceTunde: 6:51am On Jun 17, 2013
Dear, penroll55 and Wip7

Please, Kindly Check your Mail, i have forwarded My Payment Receipt and Admission Letter to your email. Please, Confirm it and Help.

God Bless.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:42am On Jun 17, 2013
penroll55:
this is wip7 email skull4una@gmail.com or can send it to me to take it to him when free on penroll55@yahoo.com

hmmmmm we are releasing una result tmr...

niceTunde: Dear, penroll55 and Wip7

Please, Kindly Check your Mail, i have forwarded My Payment Receipt and Admission Letter to your email. Please, Confirm it and Help.

God Bless.

I received your payment. I checked on the system it has been confirmed since June 3rd and sent to your agent. Kindly contact the agent that secure the admission for your confirmation letter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.