Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,385 members, 7,978,236 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 11:01 PM

Why Do Nigerian Youths Hate Information - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Nigerian Youths Hate Information (467 Views)

Do Nigerian Defense Academy (NDA) Students Go To The War Front / Reasons I Hate The Nigeria School System / I Hate Reading — Oyindamola Badejo, Bells University Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Youths Hate Information by thankgodeboh(m): 4:57am On Dec 13, 2016
NYSC ORIENTATION CAMP LAGOS

INSIDE this Orientation Camp, you can see and tell about what and what the Nigerian youths crave for the most. You will not need a Prophet to interpret every of their actions and you can predict their destinations.

Even when you are called from outside on the phone by those who were once here, you also get the same picture and will certainly arrive at the same conclusions. They tell you to maximize the mini market in here, they advice you to flex and enjoy. Nothing is new here but different shades of wasteful and lunatic flesh and bones.

A former Director General of the NYSC came to educate us today. The trumpet was blown and we all wondered at why it was blown at an unusual time. The state Coordinator settled the confusion with an Igbo proverb which says that "when you see a frog running in the day, it is either it is chasing something or something is chasing it". And because it is a taboo to say a proverb and interpret it, I will just go on.

The old retiree was talking about entrepreneurship, you know the usual highlights. What it is, reasons, how, why etc. He drew lessons from other countries that have economies that are fit and balanced, from DRC to Malaysia and palm Oil to Switzerland and its chocolate to China and its demographic leverage. He made a mention of CNN and their coverage of Venezuella which has Oil like us but is facing an unfathomable mess right now.

This retiree reiterated that though he is retired, he has embraced entrepreneurship too. His Audience were all uninterested. Some were chewing gums and staring at faces, some were gisting with their broke Friends and acquaintances, some were having bedroom talks with their recently caught fish and others were flatly ejaculating sentences like 'what is this man talking sef' 'Is this Man not tired'.

Immediately the time keeper came to remind the Man to conclude, they started applauding the Man. This applause was so false and cryptic. It was a pleasant way of asking the Man to stop instantly and that was an earnest expectation.

I was full of pity for my generation. I know how much of knowledge wretchedness that inflicts us. Most youths are rudderless. They don't know jack and it will shock you the day you find out how inactive their brains are.

But Immediately you play music, they arrive the scene and arise to dance. Not that they can decode the lyrics and learn, they just sing and dance along ignorantly. They are good at glorying in how many bottles of alcoholic drinks they can swallow. They don't even read the instructions on the labels.

Unfortunately, alcohol, breasts, buttocks, Sperm cells, and sex and blown kisses won't contribute a thing to save a People who are senseless because they can't write a common vision statement about sex.

It is a pity.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Hate Information by ndat(m): 6:33am On Dec 13, 2016
Good one

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Hate Information by Incredibleme: 7:24am On Dec 13, 2016
ndat:
Good one
Oga he didn't write for you to applaud his literary prowess or for your encouragement. He revealed a blight in our present dispensation its not enough to say good one.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Hate Information by Incredibleme: 7:28am On Dec 13, 2016
Danke got. What we just need presently is just for someone to do an overhaul of the Nigerian system or better still write an entirely new algorithm altogether. Our mindset is our problem.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Hate Information by geez18(m): 8:02am On Dec 13, 2016
well son, i can assure that even this your writeup will be seen as a chore to read by more than eighty percent of the inhabitants of nairaland. you'd hear things like "it's too long oh, can someone summerize?", "op, if you expect me to read this you must be joking" e.t.c. it's very unfortunate!

i think if we keep creating awareness, like you've done here, gradually our youths may one day start seeing the need to properly inform themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Hate Information by ndat(m): 8:56am On Dec 13, 2016
Incredibleme:

Oga he didn't write for you to applaud his literary prowess or for your encouragement. He revealed a blight in our present dispensation its not enough to say good one.
it is now a crime to appreciate good work in this part of d world? please lets imbibe d culture of appreciation. He took his precious time to enlightened us on the need for our youths especially NYSC not to take informations for granted or are you culprit of what he narrated.

(1) (Reply)

Guys Come In / ​LAUTECH 7-month Closure, Nigerians Are Perturbed / BEWARE! List Of Websites Blacklisted By JAMB For Mal-practice & Mis-information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.