Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,416 members, 7,888,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 12:23 AM

What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? (45630 Views)

What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You (screenshots) / What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Taught You? / What Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by Godknowsbest: 11:33am On Dec 14, 2016
Lol
ikp120:
Never spend on a girlfriend until she spends on you.

Never really fall in love until she is dead in love with you, but act as if you're dead in love with her.

Delete her phone number once she begins to really misbehave.

Treat her the way she treats you.

Never date a lady who tells you not to access her phone but you can lick her pussy.

Never build your life around her because no lady is worth it except your momma.
Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by drehdinho(m): 11:39am On Dec 14, 2016
vivaciousvivi:
1. A cute face could hide a dark heart
2. When you pray and you have a conscience, learn to listen to your own advice
3. Never trust a Yoruba guy they are truly #YorubaDemons
4. Regardless of circumstances, always try to have closure so you move on

From the comments so far, I realise few ladies have been particular about Yoruba guys. Don't generalise my dear. Maybe you haven't met the real Yoruba guy. We care a lot about our spouse. Forget all the bastards you met. My advise is this: Do proper research before finally say I do to any guy, whether he's a Yoruba or not. This is because some men can be devilish.
Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by unkledavid: 11:46am On Dec 14, 2016
Diplomaticbeing:

Come on! Such philosophy cannot take you anywhere. Only conceited people holds such a whack principle, because they are always full of shenanigans themselves.

Embrace altruism and conscientiousness. . . Giving in your best without greed and dominance, and being a realist at the same time without allowing a bullshit under any sentimental guise. Just imagine the feeling of walking out from a meaningless relationship happily, all because you know within yourself that you gave all your best but didn't lose anything yet.

Knowing how good a person you are,all these so-called relationship lessons happen to be fun stories you'd tell someday.

I like your comment,I had to add a couple stuffs.
Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by Omonigeriarere: 11:49am On Dec 14, 2016
MrMarvelous:

As chairperson of right ladies that you are now. Clap for yourself.

A personal car is not a must, but a personal house is even the first thing to get. If things get heated, where are you gonna do the do? Your friends crib?

There is diffence between personal house and rented house: don't get it twisted cos over 80% of married youths nowadays have not built their personal house.
Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by BurningBlade: 11:56am On Dec 14, 2016
Masikay:

Why don't you take your own advice and work with your brains? Do you have any idea why I think some guys are stupid? No. No you don't.
So why do you think some guys are stupid, if I may ask?
Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by Abee79(m): 11:58am On Dec 14, 2016
damesilver:
Put God first before everything else.

Give up unreasonable expectation.

Be the first to do the right thing. Do not wait for the other person.

Trust in the power of intuition.

Love your partner as you love yourself.

Respect them as you would love to be respected.

Do not do anything that will later oppress them.

Do not let familiarity breeds contempt. Refuse the temptation to take your partner less than esteemed.

Always act in such a way as you would meet a new person for the first time.

Do not cloud the sense of individuality. Enhance the sense of separateness no matter how close.

Let the word of God be your priority, your guide, source of strength, and your ultimate standard of living.

Do not see your bodies only as an object to be marshalled for the purpose of sensual gratification.

The physical body must be equally respected like the soul, it must be seen as something inviolable and not to be lustfully exposed in order to entice.

It is a temple of a higher power. Keep it pure.

Be humble; be teachable and be willing to learn.

Always remember that whatever you sow you must reap. What you do for your neighbor you do in reality only for yourselves.

The best comment so far!
Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by Riddler32: 12:05pm On Dec 14, 2016
sisipelebe:
Never to put all my eggs in one basket.

Na to fear people like you oh. Wetin you use store all the contact of your maga on your devices.
Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by ikp120(m): 12:06pm On Dec 14, 2016
doll912:

You didn't learn anything. No woman is worth it?? Your dad felt your mum is worth it or maybe not(cos I don't know the circumstances in your family). Oh and those little sisters of yours ain't worth it too. You sound like a teenager tho.

Lolzzz grin grin grin

You sound pained. tongue tongue

Please read that last paragraph again and stop all these. Everything I said had nothing to do with my family, but my personal love life. Please just read what you quoted again

1 Like

Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 14, 2016
aragon4realz:

seems like we are on the same predicament lol,my girl is hot as hell,but she is too dull don't even know how to bleep,she doesn't even engage on conversation,she doesn't even know how to apologize that worst part of it
Oh my God, she doesnt know how to fork?!? I once had an ex like that, she will just lie down like a log of wood, if u say turn, she turns, if u say climb, she climbs, no invention.
The apology part, her own, na 'Alex sorry, sorry nah, nawao, I am sorry, hia'.
Sometimes I feel like punching her lights off. But she was a very interesting girl, we still talk though, and she has improved on her forking skills. Lol

1 Like

Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by freddievip(m): 12:07pm On Dec 14, 2016
[color=#000099][/color] as u can see, all gals cheat, lie n become insecure! No one is betta so wen u got one, try ur best bt wen the burdens is too much n heavy, wen u get tired of the bulshits, just put her behind n move on.
Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by unkledavid: 12:10pm On Dec 14, 2016
In a relationship,there are a lot of consequentials and there's no playing it safe.

And the best kinda relationship is one where you court someone you've being good friends with.

If it works;cool stuff..and if it doesn't;cool stuff still.
Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by RoyalBlak007: 12:10pm On Dec 14, 2016
Yewandequeen:
I learnt to never love a guy than what he shows and also to never be too committed.

Men ain't to be trusted.

Not men.
like me smiley grin.
Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by GentlemanUnltd: 12:11pm On Dec 14, 2016
Akuneshiobike:
U nailed it just at the rightful spot...u too much bro.

Thanks bro!
Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 14, 2016
Eberex:
What can i say? I once dated a girl and even proposed to her. She accepted but after two weeks she called to say she cannot accept it. Reasons best known to her. I collected my ring back. But remained friends, since i aint the type who let such issues disturb my peace.

Fast forward to three years. She is back in the picture, but i'm already in a serious relationship. And to worsen it, she is a friend to my girl on facebook and yet she still comes and hang around me.

Meanwhile the devil in me is telling me to have my own pound of flesh. Pretend to accept her back and dump her too. This was a girl i loved, and even did almost everything to make her happy and comfortable.

Do it bro, I'm counting on you
Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by computerboy: 12:14pm On Dec 14, 2016
Eberex:
What can i say? I once dated a girl and even proposed to her. She accepted but after two weeks she called to say she cannot accept it. Reasons best known to her. I collected my ring back. But remained friends, since i aint the type who let such issues disturb my peace.

Fast forward to three years. She is back in the picture, but i'm already in a serious relationship. And to worsen it, she is a friend to my girl on facebook and yet she still comes and hang around me.

Meanwhile the devil in me is telling me to have my own pound of flesh. Pretend to accept her back and dump her too. This was a girl i loved, and even did almost everything to make her happy and comfortable.

Bro follow your last paragraph. It's not the devil pushing you. These hoes need to be thought some lessons

1 Like

Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by yemsai(f): 12:21pm On Dec 14, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
Gbam.. I met one in illorin where I went to do some projects. spent on her just for fun sha, cos we met co incidentally in a hotel where I go chill out after work

came to Lagos, months later she was asking me for money that she needs it, that she used her transport fair to buy wedding cloth. WTFK

after posting her she was still calling me, on one faithful day I was around Alaba international and no access to site for my work I was angry and almost frustrated drinking my 4bottle of star

the idiot called me. see as I vex. called her told her I have the money but I can't give her, I told her it will be stupid of me to give her the money. b!cth.... and she had a bf(i even doubt)

awon werey
U af vex ganni o..lol
Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by Frankraj: 12:21pm On Dec 14, 2016
GUIDERS MEETING WITH HEAD OF CRO JUST ENDED NOW 14/ 12 /2016 ... HERE ARE SOME OF THR EXCERPTS..

*** NO GH OR PH FOR THIS PERIOD., MEANING NO ORDERS SHALL BE MATCHED EVEN THE REMATCHED ORDERS.

*** SOME 30DAY MAVROS *MAY* BE RELEASED FOR WITHDRAWAL BEFORE THE END OF THE 30 DAYS WAITING PERIOD.

***ALL NEW ORDERS AND OTHERS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN GH SHALL KEEP GROWING

***A NEW MODEL IS TO BE IMPLEMENTED IN JANUARY. THE MODEL SHALL HANDLE ISSUES REGARDING MASSIVE GH WITHDRAWAL FEARS.

***DURING THIS PERIOD, ALL ISSUES WITH SUPPORT WOULD BE HANDLED

***CHANGE OF GUIDERS BUTTON TO BE IMPLEMENTED FOR PARTICIPANTS BY NEXTWEEK AT MOST

***OUR ACTIONS AND INACTIONS DETERMINES WHAT HAPPENS NEXT. IF WE PROMOTE POSITIVITY, THIS WOULD HELP THE SYSTEM AND ITS NEW MODEL COMING UP NEXT YEAR.

***FOR THOSE WHO HAVE MORATORIUM ISSUES AND FAKE TELLER ISSUES, KINDLY UPLOAD THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS NOW AS SUPPORT WOULD NOT BE OVERWHELMED DURING THIS PERIOD.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, PANIC ONLY WEAKENS THE SYSTEM. WHAT HAVE GOVERNMENT AND MEDIA DONE FOR YOU BEFORE NOW? IF YOU PLACE A PH ORDER TODAY, YOU WONT BE MATCHED BUT YOUR MAVRO KEEPS GROWING. LETS GET BACK TO THE BASICS OF MMM. PH AND GH RATIOS ENSURES SUSTAINABILITY OF THE SYSTEM. PLACE THAT PH ORDER AND ENCOURAGE YOUR DOWNLINES TOO TO DO SAME NOW. THIS IS ARGUABLY THE BEST TIME TO SINCE YOU WONT BE MATCHED.

BE POSITIVE, STAY POSITIVE.
MMM IS STILL UP AND RUNNING.
Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by b0rn2fuck(m): 12:22pm On Dec 14, 2016
Masikay:

Why don't you take your own advice and work with your brains? Do you have any idea why I think some guys are stupid? No. No you don't.
God bless you, but stop calling guys stupid, we price before we pay, you agreed to their price then get what you want.

1 Like

Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by Abee79(m): 12:27pm On Dec 14, 2016
I learnt the hard way that the human heart has the tendency to be extremely stu.pid!
Before you expose it to the violent storms of love (whatever that means undecided), ensure you are spiritually, emotionally, financially and physically mature.

If you are still in school, forget relationships. Face your studies!

If as a guy, you don't have a source of income, or are still depending on your parents, please save yourself the pain. hustle first! Love will find you when you are ready

Girls: Any guy who fornicates with you will not marry you. Even if you do get married, the foundation of trust has been eroded. Keep yourself pure.

Do not rely on your own understanding or adopt the advises of your peers - trust in God's wisdom alone.

What you sow is what you will reap - if you defile someone's child, someone else will defile your own child grin

Time: Everyone makes time for who/what they love. If they start claiming busy, don't even think twice - break it up!

A relationship that is one-sided is primed to fail eventually

A person who does not have self control in a relationship will definitely not have self control in marriage lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Be yourself - if a person does not like you the way you are, they should go and hug transformer.

Girls: If any guy uses the line "if you love me you will allow me have s.x with you" - dump him. Don't think twice [thank me latter cool]

Any relationship that takes you away from God is a toxic relationship. Flee!

A person that wants to keep the relationship secret (from your friends and family) wants to cheat and then dump you. Be wise!
NEVER commit yourself to a goal-less relationship. Some guys are experts at wasting ladies' time - they know they will not marry them, but they enjoy fetching from the honey pot. When they are through, they will move to the one they had always really loved!

Girls: Nothing you do will make a guy marry you, if he doesn't want to marry you. If you like, cook for him, wash for him, do all the aerobics in bed. If he has not planned to marry you, nothing for you!

Good news is, if a guy is serious about the relationship, he will not leave you in doubt! wink

[Trust me, I hated the above advises myself when I was much younger. Looking back in retrospect, I now realise that those old school philosophies are time tested and solid. Now I sound old school myself grin. Hate me if you like, one day you will grow up and become an old school philosopher too...]

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by yemsai(f): 12:28pm On Dec 14, 2016
firstking01:
COMPATIBILITY..this is just all you need for a long lasting relationship or marriage...ok, just imagine your spouse liking everything you like, your fantasies is her fantasies...you have a high body count, she too has a high body count...you love pounded yam, she loves pounded yam...you love to pray, she loves to pray too...where disagreement and quarrel wan from come??..

I usually counsel people to marry because they have similar traits and believe both in religion and other aspects of life with their supposed spouse or fiancy...don't just marry because you have feelings for that person cos feelings or love will fade away with time.
Hmmm..best comment so far...
Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by AngelsAndStars(m): 12:32pm On Dec 14, 2016
yemsai:
U af vex ganni o..lol
E no reach to vex?
Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by vicadex07(m): 12:42pm On Dec 14, 2016
stubbornman:
Never go on a long distance relationship with an Olosho

Delete her no. Immediately and block her on all social media

Nobody bleeps a girl better ,So when its your turn to fvck remove sentiment and bleep her like a devil

Sometimes take the pain and go tru her phone with your right hand and a LIFE SUPPORT on your left hand

Never let a girl weigh you down, move on before she does!!

God punish my Ex

wow... must have been really horrible

1 Like

Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by Luckygurl(f): 12:48pm On Dec 14, 2016
Majesticniyi:

Lol. It was o. My current babe still get scared when she hears the name Lizzy (my ex) though she knows I have nothing to do with her again....the connection we had was just too strong. We connected on all levels since we think alike as engineers. Truth be told tho, the clash between what Igbos count as respect and what Yorubas count as respect is just too wide. it caused major issues. Yoruba mums and Igbo dads ehn.... cheesy

As per the career thingy, she's even more obsessed with her career in engineering than I am. We just won't have worked if we got married. She's a Petroleum engineer while I'm a mechanical engineer...both usually deal with being away from Ur family a lot or shift based. Difficult choice to make but we had to make it for out children. What more?

Lol!!
Before now, I had this strong conviction that I've got no business been with a partner from a different tribe but with exposure and my open mindedness now, I'm shifting grounds.

I wouldn't know my parents reaction though but I have this feeling any tribe would go as long as they are sure the person is a staunch Christian. Y'know all these dedicated Christian parents and their high handedness grin grin

Oh!!
I get where you're coming from now.
The kind of work that could take you away from home for weeks.
Having both parents engaged in that kinda work won't be too nice for the family.
Y'all tried to play safe.
Reminds me of a chat I had with my mentor kinda. He advised me to dedicate like 2-3yrs after school to advance in my career path then slow things down to an extent so as to give room to settle down and have a family.

He was right after all cos these are two packages you can't get simultaneously and be satisfied at how far you've gone.
Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by madjune(m): 12:51pm On Dec 14, 2016
GentlemanUnltd:

And who are you to question me?
The thread topic didn't say we should question one another.

You sounded so opinionated and thus misleading the impressionable.

That's why I questioned you, dear.
Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by Nmanuanu(f): 12:56pm On Dec 14, 2016
[quote author=frenchwine post=51904342][/quote]

LOL, you must have encountered a Yoruba demon grin grin grin
Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by GentlemanUnltd: 12:57pm On Dec 14, 2016
madjune:

You sounded so opinionated and thus misleading the impressionable.
That's why I questioned you, dear.
Go and sleep!

1 Like

Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by casspersteve: 12:58pm On Dec 14, 2016
grin reading comments.....nairalanders are hilarious
Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by butanep(m): 1:12pm On Dec 14, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
Gbam.. I met one in illorin where I went to do some projects. spent on her just for fun sha, cos we met co incidentally in a hotel where I go chill out after work

came to Lagos, months later she was asking me for money that she needs it, that she used her transport fair to buy wedding cloth. WTFK

after posting her she was still calling me, on one faithful day I was around Alaba international and no access to site for my work I was angry and almost frustrated drinking my 4bottle of star

the idiot called me. see as I vex. called her told her I have the money but I can't give her, I told her it will be stupid of me to give her the money. b!cth.... and she had a bf(i even doubt)

awon werey

That is how most of them are... they just see you today and find a financial burden to put on your shoulder when they don't even know how you like your life.

I once meet a lady sometimes last month in a wedding reception. Average looking tall lady. I went to meet her and chatted for few minutes before we exchanged contact. I took her so high with charisma. On the monday of it, we were just chatting and I asked hope you have eaten? She said no that she has no gas in her cooker. Then I asked her go get gas or use a stove, she said she has no money. That she has been looking for money to refill the gas since morning. I just pretended I didn't hear her... We haven't even meet for a date oooo. The next day she demanded money for subscription that her data is almost exhausted. I never told her my financial background when we first meet ooo whether I am rich or an average guy. She just see me and for her mind I don catch mugu.

Three days later she told me to borrow her 15k to do her hair. I was like Wtfk. I was so annoyed. Immediately I told her I don't have she cut the calls. From that day my respect for her fall to -1. I now saw her like a cheap woman so I cancelled any formal date in my mind. I deleted her no and block her on my whatsapp. She then called to know why I did such...I told her never to call my line again.

Woman should try to respect themselves sometimes. Not a crime to beg but know the person first.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by forandy(m): 1:14pm On Dec 14, 2016
No matter how well you treat her and make her know/see how much a priority she is to you, there's a possibility of her leaving. cry cry cry
Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by Realhommie(m): 1:16pm On Dec 14, 2016
Preetiex:
In Love think with ur head & not ur heart.99% of men are cheats
And what's the stat for women

1 Like

Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by xxxtedyxxx(m): 1:20pm On Dec 14, 2016
you will keep making the same mistakes, even if you end up with a new date. You need to understand the basics of Game first. Don't ever invest in a girl when she is not invested in You. ...
Re: What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? by AngelsAndStars(m): 1:24pm On Dec 14, 2016
butanep:

That is how most of them are... they just see you today and find a financial burden to put on your shoulder when they don't even know how you like your life.

I once meet a lady sometimes last month in a wedding reception. Average looking tall lady. I went to meet her and chatted for few minutes before we exchanged contact. I took her so high with charisma. On the monday of it, we were just chatting and I asked hope you have eaten? She said no that she has no gas in her cooker. Then I asked her go get gas or use a stove, she said she has no money. That she has been looking for money to refill the gas since morning. I just pretended I didn't hear her... We haven't even meet for a date oooo. The next day she demanded money for subscription that her data is almost exhausted. I never told her my financial background when we first meet ooo whether I am rich or an average guy. She just see me and for her mind I don catch mugu.

Three days later she told me to borrow her 15k to do her hair. I was like Wtfk. I was so annoyed. Immediately I told her I don't have she cut the calls. From that day my respect for her fall to -1. I now saw her like a cheap woman so I cancelled any formal date in my mind. I deleted her no and block her on my whatsapp. She then called to know why I did such...I told her never to call my line again.

Woman should try to respect themselves sometimes. Not a crime to beg but know the person first.
just imagine, they beg at any given opportunity, no shame at all. once they put makeup they have arrived. funny part is they tend to do it authoritatively.

how can you use your transport money to buy wedding cloth and expect a guy you hardly know to assist you. she even had the guts to tell me that. as if am one little boy who never see woman before. and she claim you have a bf.

after that I cursed myself for spending on her(spent over 10k together just for two hang outs)

na only God go save person. which kind wahala be this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Wedding Of Man Who Met His Wife In Keke In Delta / 7 Signs Your Girlfriend Or Boyfriend Has Lost Interest In The Relationship / The Spiritual Implication Of Deflowering A Virgin (a Must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.