Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,239 members, 7,880,893 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:47 AM

Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. (31693 Views)

Man Lies On The Floor To Propose To His Girlfriend But She Turns Him Down / Man Plans With Prostitute To Disgrace Him Over Unpaid Sex To Propose To Girlfrie / How Do You Bend A Minor's Mind Away From This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by Prince16: 8:08am On Dec 18, 2016
elhafeez:
Me kneel down to propose, God forbid. The ladies choke u with indirect proposal like. Do you want to marry me? Is this relationship for marriage?. Just because à white man does it make it the right thing. They have higher divorce raté.

the bolded are even still direct questions.
she be like ,"ermmm, Peter, where is D's relationship heading? ", "Peter, are u aware dt Anita-my baby-sister is getting married next month? etc
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by Mcowubaba: 8:12am On Dec 18, 2016
Talk2Bella:

Your opinion
Stop creating topics you have no knowledge about.
What inspires you, everybody is now forming relationships expert grin

Last time I read your topic, it was also absolute Rubbish.
I wonder who keeps moving this your silly threads to the front page.

Kneel down for a Nigerian girl shocked shocked.
I rather relocate to sambisa forest... Too much telemundo and E pop culture news. You girls are becoming silly. Don't go and find a career or develop your talents.

Be waiting for us to kneel down and propose to you.
Feminism no reach Una side. Or u girls just copy part of Western culture.

I still insist that a very large percentage of Nigerian girls are Leeches, hoes and don't deserve any special treatment.
Just imagine this senseless topic, believe me that's how millions of this girls reason...

Ps: I have no hate towards your person, but your topics are mostly repulsive.
Oya run to church, dress sexy, a potential husband is coming your way today cheesy...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by jaz(m): 8:17am On Dec 18, 2016
Lots of girl fantasy in your writeup
Talk2Bella:
Too much are expected of women, we must clean, cook, give birth, change our names, be faithful, submissive, meek, diligent, steadfast, and make our homes a success.

From the day a woman is born these instructions are like a program installed in her brain, she’s been programmed to do these things without questions and abide by them, women give up so much to be in the marital race, they give up more than the men and one single thing a man should do to make a woman feel special, one thing he should do to show sign of commitment, one thing he should do to show he’s going to be her burden bearer for life, he feels too big to do it because he says he’s not a white man.

Do you know what differentiates a man from a boy? If you don’t know this, you’re still a boy it doesn’t matter how old you are, real men know what to do, real men don’t feel ashamed to do things, real men don’t say “what will my friends think of me when I do these things for her” real men are doers, real men are pace setters, real men make boys envious and want to be like them, he thinks and weighs his actions, he foresees and makes plans for the future, he knows going down on one kneel to propose to the woman he loves is a sign of commitment and not a macho contest, he knows this is a must.

I accompanied a friend to go get an engagement ring, he wanted to plan a surprise engagement party for his soon to be fiancée, while we were getting the rings he said to me “Bella I don’t think I’d be able to go down on one knee to propose, I am a wolf, I lead a pack, I can’t go down on one kneel to propose”. I felt like a sledge hammer had hit me on the head, I must have turned bright red at the moment because I kept saying “You’re not serious, she’s the queen of the pack, even a wolf bows to his queen, he kept blabbing how he didn’t think he will be able to do it because the pack would be there.

Do you want to know the symbolism of going down on one knee to propose? That’s submission, that’s protection, that’s acceptance, that’s seeking, you go down on one knee, look up to her and she looks down on you, she sees all your flaws and accepts you for who you are and not what you are, in that moment you kneel you have given her the impression that she comes first before anyone, your back is there to bear her burdens, your shoulder is there for her to rest on, your knee is there to support her, when she looks down on you with love and sincerity her prayers for you are accepted in heaven. Going down on one knee represents, honor, respect, surrender, humility, etc.

Real men know what I mean, real men know what I’m talking about, it’s another Saturday and you’re screaming women are evil, women are deceitful, women are cunning, women are this, women are that but your mates are getting married because they know the right thing to do, keep saying you can’t go down on one knee to propose and your future partner will keep passing you by.

Isabella Ibeji

http://www.talk2bella.com/2016/12/why-every-man-must-bend-kneel-to-propose.html

1 Like

Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 18, 2016
hardbody:

Watching you again, very closely this time.
To what end?
Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by Elle277(f): 8:44am On Dec 18, 2016
Kneeling or not..it doesn't add or change anything in a man,,Fake ones does it Berra sef..lolz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by Mekzy02(m): 8:54am On Dec 18, 2016
Elle277:
Kneeling or not..it doesn't add or change anything in a man,,Fake ones does it Berra sef..lolz
Please tell her... This is my first time of seeing a post where about 98% of people are saying same thing.. My sister u just over-emphasized the kneeling down tin..

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by streetzdreamz(m): 9:24am On Dec 18, 2016
wrong thread, this is for guys hoping/willing to get enslaved in that crazy institution called marriage, marriage itself is repulsive alone,how much more going on a knee for a Lady, hells!!!
Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by Ugosample(m): 9:43am On Dec 18, 2016
RighteousI:
A good, loving, gentle, romantic, caring and European woman will not wish to see a man kneel before her, any woman that wishes for a man to go on one knees for her is a dark hearted, jealous, envious, gossiping, deceitful, cunning, backbiting, adulterous, prostituted Nigerian woman.

Really?
Na wa
Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by unmask: 9:49am On Dec 18, 2016
Enough with all these you are not a real man talk.

Is being called a real man a badge of honor.....it is only insecure peeps that would fall for such crap.

A man is a man.

Take a cue from my nephew.....I told him if he continued sucking his thumb then he will be a small boy and not a big boy

He stopped sucking but after careful consideration he told me plain....I dont want to be a big boy let me remain a small boy.

And that's how childish it is trying to make a group of men feel less of themselves by calling some real men

F*** being a real man.....a man is a man simple no adjective needed

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by lifu2016(m): 9:50am On Dec 18, 2016
[quote author=TrapHedges post=52014426]how am gonna propose to my wife ;
Jumps down from my Mercedes Benz g-class 2024 model, with a stoned face..
Enters my mantion, throws a diamond ring to my gf.. Ask her to put it on, we getting married in 2 weeks time. .. In Saudi Arabia tho

She can't say NO
[/quot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by kepal99(m): 9:56am On Dec 18, 2016
Raine80:
There is no must in a proposal..he asks in any way he feels that makes the moment poignant. It might be watching tv, having breakfast or maybe you are far away in a distant land. He has thought about making you his wife there are no rules and regulations about this. Insisting on one way of proposing is for fairytales....it's the thought not the method that's matters here.

God bless you
Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by Prince16: 9:57am On Dec 18, 2016
Elle277:

And this is coming from a fellow female o!
Pls yarn her o.
pity she has a blog to brainwash impressionable girls.
sooooo smh!
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by ethankareem(m): 10:37am On Dec 18, 2016
Talk2Bella:

Old generation boy

Weldone grin
the fact is d way 2day ladies live der lives, dey feel dey r on d same equal wif guys
Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by Mujtahida: 10:38am On Dec 18, 2016
FisifunKododada:

Spare me. Most of you middle class women have house-help that do the cleaning and cooking. As far as giving birth - blame nature (or God). Men are expected to be faithful, meek, diligent, steadfast and make the home successful too -so what are you saying/complaining about?
As far as being submissive - if a woman is willing to take on the role of the sole-provider there are many struggling Nigerian men that will gladly submit to her. Guys dey para economy hard if you no know.

You make it sound like marriage is a burden for Nigerian women. If this is the case, why do Nigerian unmarried women make marriage their number 1 prayer point? They will go to pastor, imam and babalawo just so they can be 'blessed' with a rich husband. So what are you complaining about? If marriage is a burden then why put so much effort to get a husband?

When a man gets married he is totally responsible for his wife. Her security. Her feeding. Her clothing. Every financial need. What exactly is a woman giving up again? If a man tells you he doesn't wanna copy another man's style its not because he 'feels too big' its because he sees himself as unique. We are Africans. We have our own culture that is beautiful and unique. What is hard for you to understand there?

You are so full of it. Such a patronizing tone. Have you ever walked a day in a man's shoes? So how can you know what a man is let alone a REAL man? Focus a being a real woman and let men be men. All this nonsense because you want a self respecting African man to 'monkey' a white man.

While your friend's hesitation is correct and in line with African culture. He is still not self aware enough to articulate the reasons behind it. If he knew better he should have just said 'look, getting than on my knees to propose to a woman is against my culture.' Na by force? And if a woman turns him down for that reason, they he is way better off with a woman who understands and respect his culture.

Instead of spending time learning about the symbolism of the rituals of white peoples' dating/marriage culture why don't you spend that time to study and understand the symbolism and significance of the rituals of African dating/marriage cultures? What is so special about white people that their symbolism becomes more important than your own? You make it sound like protection, acceptance, honor, respect, humility and all those qualities are absent in our own culture.It is because of people like you that white people refer to us a monkeys behind our backs - 'monkey see monkey do.'

Once again this woman (who has NEVER walked a day in the shoes of a man) is trying to teach us how to be real men. Also make up your mind. You suggested that marriage is a burden to women (because they have to give up 'so' much) and yet here you are saying marriage is the right thing to do. So the man is doing the right thing by marrying you so why are you complaining about giving up 'so' much? Finally, my fellow proud African men, if a woman says she will not marry you until you go down on one knee before her - thank your stars because she is not the one for you.

Capt. Fisifun.
I like your response. Admittedly you have used African culture as your battering ram because she brought in the western style, starry eyed, romantic ideal to issue what seems to me, a fiat to all men: if you are a real man, kneel! if you don't kneel, you are a wimp. Classic tool of manipulation. With this kind of reasoning on her part and if it is indicative of her general position on man/woman relationship dynamics I will say she is a danger to herself and any man who gets involved with her.
But on the other hand I will not frame my own argument against her using our culture because our culture really has no hold on lots of us men and it should not be the strongest point used as a buffer when men/women issues come to the fore. I will only say kneeling is not the true test of a real man. A real man can kneel, a fake one too can kneel. The essence of a real man lies deeper and I trust you know it as well as I do. Even our wide eyed sisters know it because at a deep instinctive level they are wired to sense it but you know they want to use their romantic vision formed by Hollywood and sitcoms to override their instincts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by remsonik(f): 11:14am On Dec 18, 2016
Its not compulsory he goes down on one kneel to propose,since he values and respects you no issues. My fiancee kneels for me when he hurts me,I kneel for him when I hurt him. I value and respect him,he values and respect me. He didn't kneel to propose. We are doing fine,some will kneel and still beat you or treat you like trash going after other girls.

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by DonBenny77(m): 11:25am On Dec 18, 2016
tell
that
to
your

ANCESTORS!!!!
Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by MsFaith: 12:17pm On Dec 18, 2016
Warhawk:
Meanwhile...
A cup of Garri is still #80 at Mama Nkechi's shop
mama nkechi dey cheat you, it's still #30 in my sidescheesy
Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by vislabraye(m): 12:40pm On Dec 18, 2016
Kneeling down or not kneeling down is trivial. I wonder why exert so much energy emphasising that men should get on one knee to propose. . At the end of the day she could either say yes or no.
Marriage is meant to be mutual. A woman isn't doing a man a favour by saying yes and vise versa.

1 Like

Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by nwamehn: 12:43pm On Dec 18, 2016
FortuneTeller:

You haven't made a good argument. You have changed the course of the question and answer. Please go back and read, then give a proper response.

Abeg, u sound too harsh, no be fight madam. U haven't got the point yet. In the western world, some women are independent while others are dependent, some women cook, clean and change their names while others don't. The guy said that he provides for the woman's needs and because of that he wouldn't kneel for the woman, and u called it Nigerian mentality. But op also said that a woman cooks, cleans and changes her name and because of that must be knelt for, yet u don't also see it as Nigerian mentality. And I'm telling u that both views are Nigerian mentality so one shouldn't be condemned why the other is left behind, calm down and read the message so that u get the point, madam.
Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by jidebabs8: 12:46pm On Dec 18, 2016
Ifakiland:
U made it sound like a gal is doing me a favour or helping me by marrying me....fork dat, I'm actually d one helping her ministry....I culd stay till 35 before getting married...can she? U talked abt her changing her name, been loyal, giving birth and all d oda BS....which job beats providing for her and d kids we both gonna produce (cos she even needs my sperm to birth d baby, she's later gonna start calling my child) so madam bone dat level....I WON'T kneel to propose to a gal....God forbid bad tin....I'll sit...look her in d face and ask....den we kiss and continue eating after Wc we go ohm and fork.
but you wicked oh
Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 18, 2016
nwamehn:

Abeg, u sound too harsh, no be fight madam. U haven't got the point yet. In the western world, some women are independent while others are dependent, some women cook, clean and change their names while others don't. The guy said that he provides for the woman's needs and because of that he wouldn't kneel for the woman, and u called it Nigerian mentality. But op also said that a woman cooks, cleans and changes her name and because of that must be kneeled for, yet u don't also see it as Nigerian mentality. And I'm telling u that both views are Nigerian mentality so one shouldn't be condemned why the other is left behind, calm down and read the message so that u get the point, madam.

Sir you have missed the point of my post.
Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by nwamehn: 1:05pm On Dec 18, 2016
FortuneTeller:

Sir you have missed the point of my post.

This was ur post: "This attitude is why women must learn to be independent. Both of you should enter the marriage favouring one another, but due to our Nigerian mentality, it is rarely true. Please realize your argument can never be valid in places like Iceland, Sweden and the US".

Ur point was that the guy's attitude and our Nigerian mentality is why women must learn to be independent so that he wont be carrying it at the back of his mind that he is the one favouring the woman by providing for her, and for that wouldn't also be seen doing certain things like kneeling for her. If this wasn't the point u made in that post, then my bad.
But if it was, then also remember that op also said that a woman cleans, cooks and changes her name and for that should be knelt for, which to me is also Nigerian mentality as much as the guy's argument is.
Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by safarigirl(f): 1:12pm On Dec 18, 2016
LastProphet:

the women i grew up around never knelt to any suitor and never expected or made a point of a man kneeling to them, they were women of high aptitude who saw beyond the ephemeral symbolisms that matters so much to the empty headed kim kardashian followers we call girls today.
Not that I care much for the theatrics involved in relationships, but you talk like someone whose mother and sisters knelt for men and fed from them as well. Else, why the animosity and generalisations? Or is it the women you date who are Kim K followers?

I've learnt to stop taking Nigerian men seriously when issues like this come up. You say a lot of smack you don't really believe in, meanwhile in reality, the women you condemn are the same ones you date and marry most times.

There is no bite to your bark

1 Like

Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by Belthazor(m): 1:33pm On Dec 18, 2016
Men should toss a ring into their partner's laps and instruct them to put it on!
Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by missyQween(f): 1:37pm On Dec 18, 2016
Bishops10:
kneels down with both legs.
MissyQween Will you Marry me ??

Yes Yes...***Crying***
Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by Ifakiland(m): 2:25pm On Dec 18, 2016
Fancyforlife:

Young man, what part of the bush are you from? Its obvious you have no regard for women. I pity the woman who will marry you.
Yea I pity her too myself....u got any dumb thin to say again?

1 Like

Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by NaeChris: 3:01pm On Dec 18, 2016
No be to kneel down be the problem, na make the bros no kneel down finish come become beast.
Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by LastProphet: 3:13pm On Dec 18, 2016
safarigirl:
Not that I care much for the theatrics involved in relationships, but you talk like someone whose mother and sisters knelt for men and fed from them as well. Else, why the animosity and generalisations? Or is it the women you date who are Kim K followers?

I've learnt to stop taking Nigerian men seriously when issues like this come up. You say a lot of smack you don't really believe in, meanwhile in reality, the women you condemn are the same ones you date and marry most times.

There is no bite to your bark

am already married and my wife has never felt the need to kneel to me because it will mean nothing to me except maybe embarrassment. you seem almost okay, life will teach u the rest
Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by safarigirl(f): 3:26pm On Dec 18, 2016
LastProphet:

am already married and my wife has never felt the need to kneel to me because it will mean nothing to me except maybe embarrassment. you seem almost okay, life will teach u the rest
lol.....like I said, in traditional marriages in the East, the woman kneels to her husband...I'm sure you're well aware of that process anyway. It's tradition, it's not meant to demean anyone or however you choose to see it. If your wife has never knelt, she's probably not from that part of the country.

Life has taught me enough, so much I don't think marriage interests me anymore, at least not to men who will lump me into a group of empty-headed, gold digging women before I even get the chance to make an impression

Have a nice day

1 Like

Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by LastProphet: 3:32pm On Dec 18, 2016
safarigirl:
lol.....like I said, in traditional marriages in the East, the woman kneels to her husband...I'm sure you're well aware of that process anyway. It's tradition, it's not meant to demean anyone or however you choose to see it. If your wife has never knelt, she's probably not from that part of the country.

Life has taught me enough, so much I don't think marriage interests me anymore, at least not to men who will lump me into a group of empty-headed, gold digging women before I even get the chance to make an impression

Have a nice day

u are interesting, u will be fine, just pursue your dreams and listen more. ciao
Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by kolaish(m): 3:34pm On Dec 18, 2016
OP, PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF I ANNOY YOU, DID YOUR FATHER KNELT TO PROPOSE TO YOUR MOTHER? THIS IS PART OF THE REASON WHY DIVORCE IS POPULAR TODAY, BECAUSE KNEELING DOWN MEANS THAT YOU ARE SIMPLY SELLING THE MAN IN YOU TO THE WOMAN. SO, WHENEVER THERE IS QUARREL IN THEIR HOME, THE LADY WILL EASILY SAY THAT "IF IT IS NOT YOU THAT IS BEGGING ME, DO YOU THINK I WILL MARRY YOU". I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR OVER 19 YEARS NOW AND MY MARRIAGE HAS BEEN SO SWEET. MY WIFE AND I LOVE OURSELVES AND RESPECT EACH OTHER. AS THE MAN OF THE HOUSE WE DISCUSS OVER ISSUES AND I TAKE DECISION BASED ON OUR DISCUSSION, OF COURSE, I NEVER KNELT TO PROPOSE TO MY WIFE.

MEN, DO NOT KNEEL DOWN TO PROPOSE TO A WOMAN, SHE WILL LATER DISRESPECT YOU ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. THERE ARE UNCOUNTABLE WAYS TO PROPOSE TO A WOMAN RATHER THAN KNEELING DOWN. OUR PEOPLE SAY 'DON'T CALL A COW MASTER SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU WANT TO EAT MEAT'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. by bitchcrafts: 6:38pm On Dec 18, 2016
lizzlix:
Then he's already kneeling (no stress). All that is left is to pop the question.
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sexual Abstinence Still Remain The BEST! (for Unmarried Folks) / My Pre-wedding Pics / Groom And His Groomsmen Dance Gbe Body And Zanku At His Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.