Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,890 members, 7,973,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 07:04 AM

The Difficulties Of NL Christian Apologists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Difficulties Of NL Christian Apologists (808 Views)

Nl Christian Book Request: Request For Your Favourite Books Here / Muslim Apologists Defending Paedophilia. / Why The Muslim Apologists Usually Win. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Difficulties Of NL Christian Apologists by akintom(m): 5:17pm On Dec 17, 2016
My assessment of most Christian apologists that i have engaged here directly and indirectly, presents a pitiable score, on the the scale of basic intelligent thinking, when it comes to the subject matter of Abrahamic god idea.

It's no surprise anyway. The educational level of most of them is obviously lacking in introspective, deductive, comprehensive, creative, inquisitive and curiosity capabilities.

This is primarily not their fault. The educational system in Nigeria makes no such capabilities a possibility. But it's an untenable reason, for anyone to continue in such deficiencies.

Engaging these folks hardly present lines of arguments, that useful knowledge can be gotten from. So emotive are these folks, that their reasoning faculty is immediately hyper inhibited when confronted with contrary opinions about god idea.

You start out on a sincere desire to engage intelligently, before you know it, they descend into rathole and based rebuttal.

You choose to do a thorough dress down on them, Pronto they report breaking of rules. Some moderators sympathetic to their being petulant, presses a ban button.

1 Like

Re: The Difficulties Of NL Christian Apologists by akintom(m): 5:22pm On Dec 17, 2016
I have since established my propositions on the most visible NL Christian apologists.

They fall into one of these classes:

1. those who knew god idea and religious beliefs, can't be debated sincerely on the premise of reasons. These ones just read threads without commenting.

2. those who knew no 1, but are too emotive to ignore the demystification of their Idol. They leave meaningless outburst and never read the thread again.

3. Those who are ignorant of no 1, and are infected with extreme ignorance of their religion and basic intelligence, required to put up meaningful arguments, in defense of their claims that are largely based on assumptions.

4. Those who see themselves as defender of god, but are too arrogant to accept the fact that, human beings hold the right, to reject any form of beliefs anytime they so which.

5. Those who have been chronically conditioned in their minds, to the point that hyper-inhibitory and antagonistic impulse, to intelligent thinking, is activated, immediately they read or perceive any contending views on their god idea

5 Likes

Re: The Difficulties Of NL Christian Apologists by akintom(m): 5:40pm On Dec 17, 2016
Their difficulties ranges from:

* ignorance of what atheism is.

* ignorance of the concepts of atheism.

* ignorance of the implicative meaning of "lack of believe in god"

* gross ignorance of the emergence and evolutionary history of the Abrahamic god idea.

*ignorance of scientific reasoning and standard.

*allergy to dispassionate debate.

* limited vocabulary

To....

* propensities for lies, distortion and outright misinformation.

3 Likes

Re: The Difficulties Of NL Christian Apologists by LiberaDeus: 5:43pm On Dec 17, 2016
Guy no vex. Go to this thread and close it. https://www.nairaland.com/3523940/why-atheists-shift-burden-proof/10.

The christards are running riot and forming hercules there. No atheist has done anything there.

AM not an atheist so i wont argue on what i dont believe in. I can see the holes in their argument but i wont indulge them, am just teasing them.

1 Like

Re: The Difficulties Of NL Christian Apologists by akintom(m): 6:11pm On Dec 17, 2016
Their unfounded claims includes:

*the Abrahamic god exists as a "personal god".

* it created everything

* it's the supreme being

*it intervenes in human affairs etc

Then you ask these folks,

*how did you know all these?

*How can you establish all these?

*by what means shall you prove these?

The only thing they come up with is the bible (circularity).
Re: The Difficulties Of NL Christian Apologists by akintom(m): 6:20pm On Dec 17, 2016
According to Decide,

The mental slant of these folks can be summarised this way:

C: Atheist provide prove God doesn't Exist

A: I Never made the claim God doesn't exist So why should i prove it?

C: Because Atheism means "There is No God"

A: No Atheism doesn't Mean that

C: But Atheism means there is no God

A: I Just Explained to You just now

C: Atheism means there is no God!
Re: The Difficulties Of NL Christian Apologists by ScepticalPyrrho: 7:15pm On Dec 17, 2016
Irritatingly, some of them knows this fact but still chose to champion the pathetic and lame defensive thoughtless arguments.

I suspect some of these NL self-appointed defender of the Christian faith intentionally wants to make them appear more irrational. They read and comprehend perfectly but join in typing unreasonable and appalling comments divulge of any sign of intellectual capabilities.
Re: The Difficulties Of NL Christian Apologists by akintom(m): 7:48pm On Dec 17, 2016
The case of these NL apologists is pathetic in a unique dimension. What possible value can one place or derive from bunch who are being influenced, in hypnotic and moronic pattern, by these following species:

* a man who claims that all the sheepmaniacs in his herd, must undergo deliverance, because they are Africans (their ancestors were pagans).

So daft is this fellow, that it didn't occur to him that Abrahamic god was a deity in haran (the native land of Abraham).

* a man who turned his sheepmaniacs to reflective jacket wearing mascots, who walk aimlessly around market places and disturbing the quietude of the neighborhood.

These sheepmaniacs are under a special illusion, that they are chosen for for something extraordinary by the Jewish deity.

* a man who claimed his scarecrow has ultimate power. Yet when a little girl told the deluded terrorist, that she's a "witch for Jesus", this liar couldn't exorcise anything from the innocent girl. Rather he battered the little girl, and victimized her.

* a man who says blood transfusion should be rejected, even when death is the only option left.

* a man who print his picture on bottle water, handkerchief, armband, olive oil and claimed these fetish materials cures diseases and protect against accidents.
Re: The Difficulties Of NL Christian Apologists by akintom(m): 10:55pm On Dec 17, 2016
Below is a copied text of one of NL apologists:

1. Does God exist?

2. If you answer to 1. above is "I don't know"
"Can you a human know whether or not God exist?"
If you answered "No", to 1. or 2. you have a claim that should be proven beyond doubt.

3. If your answer to 1. AND 2. is "I don't know,"
Do you have the basis/grounds to say "This is how to prove the existence of God" since you don't know what this entails?

If you say "Yes" you have a claim that you should prove beyond doubt: how you may not know who or what God is or know whether or not anyone can know him but you know how to detect Him and be convinced "This is God!"

How can this low and perforated thoughts, be worthy of consideration?
Re: The Difficulties Of NL Christian Apologists by akintom(m): 7:36am On Dec 18, 2016
Below is the type of study, that NL apologists uses as evidence of afterlife. Even a two year old science student wouldn't touch this trash.

There IS life after DEATH: Scientists reveal shock findings from groundbreaking study

LIFE after death has been "confirmed" by scientists who have discovered consciousness continues even once a person has died.

In a large scale study of more than 2,000 people, British boffins confirmed that thoughts DO carry on after the heart stops.

The shock research has also uncovered the most convincing evidence of an out of body experience for a patient declared dead.

It had been believed the brain stopped all activity 30 seconds after the heart had stopped pumping blood around the body, and that with that, awareness ceases too.

However, the study from the University of Southampton shows people still experience awareness for up to three minutes after they had been pronounced dead.

A graveyard might not be your final stop
Lead researcher Dr Sam Parnia said: "Contrary to perception, death is not a specific moment but a potentially reversible process that occurs after any severe illness or accident causes the heart, lungs and brain to cease functioning.

"If attempts are made to reverse this process, it is referred to as 'cardiac arrest'; however, if these attempts do not succeed it is called ‘death’."

Of the 2,060 patients from Austria, the US and the UK interviewed for the study who had survived cardiac arrest, almost 40 per cent said that they recall some form of awareness after being pronounced clinically dead.

Dr Parnia continued: "This suggests more people may have mental activity initially but then lose their memories after recovery, either due to the effects of brain injury or sedative drugs on memory recall.”

Many patients reported an outer body experience
Of those who said they had experienced some awareness, just two per cent said their experience was consistent with the feeling of an outer body experience – where one feels completely aware and can hear and see what’s going on around them after death.

Almost half of the respondents said the experience was not of awareness, but rather of fear.

However, the most significant finding of the study is that of a 57-year old man who is perhaps the first confirmed outer body experience in a patient.

The man was able to recall with eerie accuracy what was going on around him after he had ‘died’ temporarily.

Dr Parnia continued: "This is significant, since it has often been assumed that experiences in relation to death are likely hallucinations or illusions occurring either before the heart stops or after the heart has been successfully restarted, but not an experience corresponding with 'real' events when the heart isn't beating.

"In this case, consciousness and awareness appeared to occur during a three-minute period when there was no heartbeat.

“This is paradoxical, since the brain typically ceases functioning within 20-30 seconds of the heart stopping and doesn't resume again until the heart has been restarted.

“Furthermore, the detailed recollections of visual awareness in this case were consistent with verified events."
Re: The Difficulties Of NL Christian Apologists by akintom(m): 7:41am On Dec 18, 2016
Intelligent and scientific response to the above trash....

Züriach.

I see alot of People here immeadetely jumping to the conclusion that this is evidence for afterlife (as a confirmation bias for their already established belief).

Hell, i also would like to have a "happy afterlife".. Unfortuantely there are several flaws with these statments.

First of all, most described here were not technically "dead". They still use heartbeat as a measurement of being "alive", rather than the brain itself. A "proper" death is when all activity is 100% gone, and your body/brain starts decomposing.

This research is not evidence of so called "afterlife" whatsoever. Since it can all be very easily explained by lower forms of brain activity (even after the hearts stops), which would indeed change our view on how our brain works somewhat...

But its not evidence for "Souls" or ghosts. There is literarily nothing in this research that would even slightly indicate that.

Concluding that this observation is due to a "spiritual afterlife" is not only a VERY drastic, but also completely illogical conclusion that is not rooted in proper evidence.

To you people who were looking for scientific "evidence" for afterlife, i am afraid you say that this is not it.
Re: The Difficulties Of NL Christian Apologists by plaetton: 12:11pm On Dec 18, 2016
LiberaDeus:
Guy no vex. Go to this thread and close it. https://www.nairaland.com/3523940/why-atheists-shift-burden-proof/10.

The christards are running riot and forming hercules there. No atheist has done anything there.

AM not an atheist so i wont argue on what i dont believe in. I can see the holes in their argument but i wont indulge them, am just teasing them.

That thread is not worth commenting ,. simply because the issue of burden of proof has been thoroughly debated in this forum,.and is very simple to put to rest.

One cannot logically prove a NEGATIVE proposition.

It is the one that makes a positive, affirmative proposition that is saddled with the burden of proof.

Any other argument beyond that is a waste of time.
Re: The Difficulties Of NL Christian Apologists by akintom(m): 12:51pm On Dec 18, 2016
plaetton:

That thread is not commenting , simply because the issue of burden of has been thoroughly debated in this forum, is very simple to put to rest.

One cannot logically prove a NEGATIVE proposition.

It is the one that makes a positive, affirmative proposition that is saddled with the burden of proof.

Any other argument beyond that is a waste of time.

A look at the puerile back and forth worn out comments, that have attended the nonsensical thread, proved you right.

The filths that populated the thread, are from the five leprous fingers, who are gloating in their delusion.

The OP is particularly ridiculous, in his mischievous revelling in absurdities.
Re: The Difficulties Of NL Christian Apologists by Niflheim(m): 7:40pm On Dec 19, 2016
@Akintom,

Intelllectually, on a scale of 1-1000, I give them 0.03%!!!

Imagine christians on Nairaland, searching for "ants with human heads" or "buffalos with parrot feathers!!! It is the height of imbecility!!!
Re: The Difficulties Of NL Christian Apologists by akintom(m): 8:44pm On Dec 19, 2016
Niflheim:
@Akintom,

Intelllectually, on a scale of 1-1000, I give them 0.03%!!!

Imagine christians on Nairaland, searching for "ants with human heads" or "buffalos with parrot feathers!!! It is the height of imbecility!!!
Brother,
Nothing can be more descriptive of their customized idiocy.

1 Like

Re: The Difficulties Of NL Christian Apologists by Anas09: 10:02pm On Dec 19, 2016
HELLO BRETHREN.

IGNORE.

IGNORE..

IGNORE...

KEEP IGNORING TILL THE THREAD DIES.
Re: The Difficulties Of NL Christian Apologists by hopefulLandlord: 10:08pm On Dec 19, 2016
Anas09:
[s]HELLO BRETHREN.
IGNORE.

IGNORE..

IGNORE...

KEEP IGNORING TILL THE THREAD DIES.[/s]
attention seeker
you've been noticed
Re: The Difficulties Of NL Christian Apologists by akintom(m): 1:29pm On Dec 20, 2016
Anas09:
HELLO BRETHREN.

IGNORE.

IGNORE..

IGNORE...

KEEP IGNORING TILL THE THREAD DIES.
It's a pity.

The usual apologist' hypocrisy - do as i say, and not as i do.

You asked them to ignore (which is impossible for them anyway ), but here you are, you didn't ignore.

What do i call you now?

(1) (Reply)

Girl Manifests And Turns Into A Snake During A Deliverance Session In Kaduna / Confessions With Pastor Muchroom / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 24/11/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.