Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,442 members, 7,901,253 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 06:40 AM

Gambian President Insists - I Will Not Step Down - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gambian President Insists - I Will Not Step Down (518 Views)

Ibrahim Babangida Tells Buhari To Step Down In 2019 For Digital Leadership / Buhari Moves To Install Barrow As Gambian President. / Buhari And Other ECOWAS Leaders Meets Gambian President Yahya Jammeh (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Gambian President Insists - I Will Not Step Down by exlink10(m): 1:11pm On Dec 21, 2016
Gambia incumbent president lost the presidential election to opposition leader on December 1st, 2016 and have already conceded defeat but his dictatorial side couldn't let his decision stand.

He recanted his decision and he is calling for re-run. Despite the pressure from International communities and concerned neighbours, Gambian President, Yahya Jammeh, has insisted he won’t step down.

His insistence to stay was broadcasted again on state television on Tuesday.

In his words:

“I am not a coward. My right cannot be intimidated and violated. “This is my position. Nobody can deprive me of that victory except the Almighty Allah,”.

“The political crisis in The Gambia will be settled internally and peacefully, I would maintain my position of challenging the election result,” he insisted.

President Jammeh, who is accused by human rights groups of the detention, torture and killing of perceived opponents during his 22-year rule, has been urged by West African leaders and Western powers to hand over power peacefully.

Notably, he flat out rejected Nigerian President council saying he has no moral ground to solicit in Gambia crisis considering his history of acrimony.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/12/gambian-president-insists-i-will.html?m=1

cc lalasticlala missyb3 dominique mynd44

Re: Gambian President Insists - I Will Not Step Down by AgbenuAnna(f): 1:15pm On Dec 21, 2016
Surrender .learn from Jonathan

Re: Gambian President Insists - I Will Not Step Down by fernandoc(m): 1:15pm On Dec 21, 2016
See as em. Dey like black bonce!
Re: Gambian President Insists - I Will Not Step Down by Mynd44: 1:23pm On Dec 21, 2016

(1)

I Need Your Advice Please / Photos From The Funeral Of Former Minister Of Commerce And Industry, Bola Kufori / Daily Assumptions Made By Nigerians That Might Not Be True

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.