Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,926 members, 7,872,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:02 AM

Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? (9906 Views)

Troops Demolish Boko Haram Guard Post In Sambisa, Kill Insurgents [PHO / Heavy Rainfall In Lagos: Good Or Bad Sign For APC's Rally? / 234next: Yoruba Newspaper Reclaiming Nigeria's Good Name Soiled By The Ibos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by bawomolo(m): 6:41pm On Nov 19, 2009
transformR:

You need to desist from using cynicism on every post to mask your insecurities, I was merely mentioning the role of missionaries in slavery not its absolute origins. Its amusing how you claimed:

The Initial goals of the missionaries was the CCC (conversion, commerce and civilization). Slaves were already being exchanged before the missionaries came. you are distorting history.

[/quote]

[quote author=paddy_lo link=topic=354159.msg4958599#msg4958599 date=1258646289]

your first post on here was to tell us that not all whites are bad,that was your priority

like my man says mental slavery is alive and well

yeah claiming not all whites are bad is a sign of mental slavery. you learn something new everyday.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by NIGboi(m): 6:56pm On Nov 19, 2009
methinks Hackney has a problem with being black or I guess he has been bitten by the white bug.you(hackney - hope u know what ur name means) might as well go bleach to make the change complete.
its not about the colour of the skin (what of those guys in albania and some of the eastern bloc countries)?its not about where u re either, its more of a mind.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by NIGboi(m): 6:58pm On Nov 19, 2009
methinks Hackney has a problem with being black or I guess he has been bitten by the white bug.you(hackney - hope u know what ur name means grin) might as well go bleach to make the change complete.
its not about the colour of the skin (what of those guys in albania and some of the eastern bloc countries)?its not about where u re either, its more of a mind thing.

@hackney name one useful thing u have done since u have lived outside Nigeria? ( am guessing u live outside Africa).
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 8:06pm On Nov 19, 2009
bawomolo:

The Initial goals of the missionaries was the CCC (conversion, commerce and civilization).  Slaves were already being exchanged before the missionaries came. you are distorting history.

yeah claiming not all whites are bad is a sign of mental slavery.   you learn something new everyday.

Have you got a white wife or something, you love defending white crimes with passion don't ya?  grinCCC [/b]means [size=13pt][b]C[/size]razy[size=13pt] C[/size]lumsy [size=13pt]C[/size]oon  and we all know thats you bawomolo and your brother hackney.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by assetstrip(m): 8:48pm On Nov 19, 2009
@Transformr I dey ur side my bro'. You see the problem with @Hackney and his ilk is that on 1 hand u make observations of the failures of the Nigerian state ( which i readily accept and agree with u on ) and yet on the other hand u r completely ignorant of the mighty disaster western governments have visited on Africa and Africans. It is exasperating to hear a fellow black man condemn his own in such a careless way shocked shocked
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by paddylo1(m): 8:52pm On Nov 19, 2009

The Initial goals of the missionaries was the CCC (conversion, commerce and civilization).  Slaves were already being exchanged before the missionaries came. you are distorting history.

conversion, conversion from what to what? from u praying to the gods of your ancestors to you praying to a white european jesus

commerce, yea they came to trade in slaves

civilization, are u a damn fool too? did the white man build the bini kingdom too? or the oyo,kanem bornu empires,or the igbo civilization too
what was your dads forefathers doing going back to before the white man showed up?who was feeding them,how come they were able to take more than 100million able bodied men women and children out of africa,if we were just sitting around dying of starvation with no civilization?
civilization my foot,that must be the biggest joke i heard this year
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by reindeer: 9:29pm On Nov 19, 2009
Its unfortunate some people have imbibed the 'white is always better' mentality.

So sorry for you, you can never be white( even if you take the MJ aproach)

so stop deceiving yourself and realise you are B L A C K!
Get that into your black craniums!

I get so angry when people never see anything good in Nigeria, its a crazy country we agree, things arent going well we understand, but to lie down and take every trash thrown your way by people who in reality aren't better than you are(maybe just a little bit more discreet), who control the world's media,its sheer stupidity or colonial re-programming. angry
Nigeria may bot be making much progress yet,but it will someday,while not excusing mediocrity, let us realise all you'll ever be is a 'black british' or african american.stop being a lapdog for white racists!
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by presido1: 10:50pm On Nov 19, 2009
White ppl came to deceive us and they succeeded. Like my dad will say"they came with bible and hoe". Before their invasion we fed ourselves, produced our natural wine(Pammy). The white men did not tell us when the when the palm wine tree is due to be tapped, they did not tell us the planting season and the when agricultural produce is due for hervest. If they did not come we could have reformed all those our ways of life to suit the present day.

I don't blame anybody that blames the white man for our present situation, for 400 good years they held us back and we are yet to recover from it.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by bawomolo(m): 11:24pm On Nov 19, 2009
paddy_lo:

conversion, conversion from what to what? from u praying to the gods of your ancestors to you praying to a white european jesus

i'm an atheist.  You think i care about Christianity?

commerce, yea they came to trade in slaves

nope, the initial form of exchange among europeans and africans was trade for goods such as palm oil, gold, copper, peanuts spices etc.  Slavery became a more profitable venture after that.  Missionaries like Livingston actually campaigned against slavery, especially the Arab slave trade. What they did encourage was colonization.

civilization, are u a damn fool too? did the white man build the bini kingdom too? or the oyo,kanem bornu empires,or the igbo civilization too
what was your dads forefathers doing going back to before the white man showed up?who was feeding them,how come they were able to take more than 100million able bodied men women and children out of africa,if we were just sitting around dying of starvation with no civilization?
civilization my foot,that must be the biggest joke i heard this year

This were the ideas of the missionaries not mine.  Learn to read people. there was always an exchange of technology and craft between Europeans and Africans.  There is evidence Africans adopted ideas from Europeans such as gun making and the printing press (brought by the missionaries).   

transformR:

Have you got a white wife or something, you love defending white crimes with passion don't ya?  grinCCC [/b]means [size=13pt][b]C[/size]razy[size=13pt] C[/size]lumsy [size=13pt]C[/size]oon  and we all know thats you bawomolo and your brother hackney.

ha ha you made a funny.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by paddylo1(m): 12:10am On Nov 20, 2009
i'm an atheist.  You think i care about Christianity?

well thats one thing we gats in common,though i am more of the belief like FELA that these foriegn religions only bring confusion to nigeria,

both christianity and islam are foriegn to our country,and we should go back to our african traditional religions

only in africa do u see people worshiping foriegn Gods,all other so called religion worship whateva god they decide to make up for themselves

be it allah,or jehovah,or hindu, or budha,or shinto or whateva

african man u have your own gods go back to it,
or if u must worship christ make sure its african christianity,with a black jesus,
afterall the oldest church in the world is in ethiopia and christianity was founded first mainly on the continent

nope, the initial form of exchange among europeans and africans was trade for goods such as palm oil, gold, copper, peanuts spices etc.  Slavery became a more profitable venture after that.  Missionaries like Livingston actually campaigned against slavery, especially the Arab slave trade.  What they did encourage was colonization.

initial and later?, its kinda like me raping and killing your wife and my defense is,well initially i didnt want to kill her i only wanted to take her out and buy her gifts,

sounds kinda lame dont it,so it dont matter if slavery was initial or later,the church played a big role in it
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by Kobojunkie: 12:53am On Nov 20, 2009
Hold on!!! Am I missing something here? The Ad actually shows a NIGERIAN business man doing business with a woman across the world from him there.

The woman is online looking at a pair of sandals, she clicks to buy the sandals,and  just then, the man, in front of the computer, gets the status that an order has been placed on his website. He prints an invoice for the order, gives it to the kid who then runs off to hand it to the other guy to fill the order and maybe send it out to be delivered to the lady that made the purchase. At the end there we see the boy walking out with the BOX containing the shoes, probably off to the post office to SEND THE SHOES to the buyer. Isn't that how a lot of small businesses are run? Why are people so upset with that?

What is wrong with that?
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by violent(m): 12:53am On Nov 20, 2009
i think i agree with some of the points Hackney is trying to raise, a world without the white will feel like the 1800s, true Africa has culture, good weather, and loads of other resources, but our leaders suck! cry

If China can feed a quarter of the world's population, i see no reason why only a few countries in Africa can achieve such feat. In China in 1990, 375 million lived less than $1 a day about six years ago, the number of poor fell by about 180 million and by 2015, economic forecast revealed that the number is expected to drop further to about 16million

South Asia, led by India, is expected to cut the number of poor people from 462 million in 1990 to 232 million in 2015.

In Africa the numbers go the other way. Between 1981 and 2002, the number of people trapped in poverty nearly doubled from 164 million to
303 million. By 2015, this number is expected to rise to 336 million, and u guys should stop throwing the slave trade card, slave trade occurred in most civilization and it's not peculiar to Africa alone.
In as much as we nurture an unwavering love for the country and the continent as a whole, we must not deviate from telling the truth, and yes, it feels good to be an African, i feel proud to be called by an African name, but if your house is on fire, u dont keep smiling!
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by becomrich15: 1:18am On Nov 20, 2009
well i live abroad, and do not steal anybody money.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by Tcrack(m): 3:03am On Nov 20, 2009
As bad as the ad may seem, we brought it upon ourself. why didn't they use Togo or Liberia?
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by mccloud224(m): 3:37am On Nov 20, 2009
As bad as the ad may seem, we brought it upon ourself. why didn't they use Togo or Liberia?

Dem no use those kwantries becoz dem no be person! ! !

Shikena.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by SEFAGO(m): 4:04am On Nov 20, 2009
well i live abroad, and do not steal anybody money.

i am sure you sell maps to them sha

Regardless how did this turn into debate about black and white. I think after the Sony episode most ppl decide to maybe rectify the already bad image of nigeria. This could even be an effort of madam rebranding herself. And for those people who are not aware- Africans haven't contributed anything significant to the science or business- and you guys could call me names from morning to night it wouldn't change things.

Try and criticize yourselfs, and identify where to improve. No one cares who enslaved who first, or what the missionaries did 80 years ago. We are talking about the now, the present- leave the past where it is supposed to be, a relic of memory
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by Kobojunkie: 4:24am On Nov 20, 2009
Did anyone who actually posted a Comment here actually watch the Video?

[size=14pt]Grafikdon, did you even watch that AD?[/size]

See guilty conscience dey make people no even appreciate something as cool as the Ad shows.

The woman orders an item from a company called [size=14pt]Haute Sandals. [/size]

The old man's business is called HAUTE SANDALS (exports). He packages the very sandal ordered by the woman in a box with the company LOGO. . . and you hear at the end . . . . IDENTITY GUARD, MAKING IT OK TO [size=14pt]TRUST AGAIN![/size]

What in the world is Wrong with you people? the Ad is actually a PRO-Nigerian Businesses Ad.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by mustafar1: 5:06am On Nov 20, 2009
kobojunkie, why u dey waste energy like this?
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by Kobojunkie: 5:10am On Nov 20, 2009
Apparently, even the poster did not even understand the video, but quick to inject some NONEXISTENT angle in to the message. Far from being anti-Nigeria in any way, It is PRO-NIGERIA businesses. We know that 419 is a PROBLEM even Legit Nigerian businesses, like the one portrayed in the AD deal with daily?

@must_a_far, e tire person ooo!!
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by Abeem(m): 5:42am On Nov 20, 2009
The ad is nothing but a promo for IDENTITY GUARD, one of the sprawling businesses that seek to protect/safeguard people from identity theft especially from e-commerce transactions. The reason why Lagos, Nigeria was brought into the picture was because Nigeria is a hotbed and has gained international notoriety for internet fraud. The label the western world has given to Nigeria as a nest for internet fraudsters fit into the advert tag line or if you like, the catch-phrase to draw people's attention to its campaign. In this ad, IDENTITY GUARD is simply saying 'come do business with us - we are offering a service, to wit, an assurance that your identity as a shopper online is protected if you partner with us for a fee’. The fee is usually a monthly fixed charge.

IDENTITY GUARD is using the ad to solicit for business, telling patrons to go on shopping spree on the Web without fear that their private information/identity (i.e. credit card information and social security numbers) will be stolen by some bums and scammers in Lagos, Nigeria.  With the advent of Internet and e-Commerce, identity theft has constituted an impediment to the realization of the full potential of Cyberspace as the greatest market known to mankind. Identity theft is a great problem in the US, and many people's credit history (and lives) has been destroyed as a result. Simply put, IDENTITY GUARD is using the ad to position themselves as a formidable player in the identity theft protection industry after market leader like LIFELOCK Identity Theft Protection.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by SeanT21(f): 7:34am On Nov 20, 2009
Someone said on the first page that this ad was racist undecided If the lady who bought the shoes was an African American, would she be deemed racist against her own people undecided

presido1:

White ppl came to deceive us and they succeeded. Like my dad will say"they came with bible and hoe". Before their invasion we fed ourselves, produced our natural wine(Pammy). The white men did not tell us when the when the palm wine tree is due to be tapped, they did not tell us the planting season and the when agricultural produce is due for hervest. If they did not come we could have reformed all those our ways of life to suit the present day.

I don't blame anybody that blames the white man for our present situation, for 400 good years they held us back and we are yet to recover from it.

What does the white men have to do with your present situation? If Africans are yet to recover because of some shit that happen years ago then who's to blame? The Whites or the Africans?.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 20, 2009
ayah hackney
so much self hate
how could anyone take u seriously.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by Nezan(m): 9:49am On Nov 20, 2009
. . . . as if Nigerians are honest people . . . majority of Nigerians are crooks!
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by Libido(m): 9:52am On Nov 20, 2009
smiley
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 9:57am On Nov 20, 2009
violent:

[s]i think i agree with some of the points Hackney is trying to raise, a world without the white will feel like the 1800s, true Africa has culture, good weather, and  loads of other resources, but [/s]our leaders suck! cry

The leaders are poor indeed.

violent:

If China can feed a quarter of the world's population, i see no reason why only a few countries in Africa can achieve such feat. In China in 1990, 375 million lived less than $1 a day about six years ago, the number of poor fell by about 180 million and by 2015, economic forecast revealed that the number is expected to drop further to about 16million

The truth is China should have been a superpower a looooong time ago they are late commers; with that said, China has a trade agreement with Europe and the US and The US trade deficit with China widened 9.2 per cent in September to $22.1 billion - the highest since November 2008. China pretty much owns 50% of the US Financial sector too so do you understand why they can feed all their people?

violent:

South Asia, led by India, is expected to cut the number of poor people from 462 million in 1990 to 232 million in 2015.

Yaradua said that Nigeria will be an industrialized country by 2020 too. grin grin grin grin grin

Presently:  47% of young children in India are malnourished, and up to a third of the world's undernourished children are Indian.
http://www.unicef.org/india/overview_3702.htm

India is a very racist country, they have a caste system - do some reading, they also have a huge AIDs problem too.

violent:

In Africa the numbers go the other way. Between 1981 and 2002, the number of people trapped in poverty nearly doubled from 164 million to
303 million. By 2015, this number is expected to rise to 336 million

This is an imbalanced argument you should compare Asia to Africa in its entirety, There are more people in India than the whole African Continent! And India is a single country in Asia.  The fact of the matter is Asia is overpopulated - they have terrible population control e.g Pakistan: 160 million people+, Banladesh 200 million+, Japan 140 million+ etc

violent:

u guys should stop throwing the slave trade card, slave trade occurred in most civilization and it's not peculiar to Africa alone.

But the trans-atlantic slave trade was the cruelest and Africa has not yet recovered - especially mentally  grin 6million Jews were gassed by Hitler and we hear about it all the time.  On the other hand 10 million Africans, the same blood as you were chucked int he Atlantic ocean when they were sick at sea - to overlook that as an African is pure ignorance.

violent:

In as much as we nurture an unwavering love for the country and the continent as a whole, we must not deviate from telling the truth, and yes, it feels good to be an African, i feel proud to be called by an African name, but if your house is on fire, u dont keep smiling!

What are you proud about?
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 10:05am On Nov 20, 2009
SEFAGO:

i am sure you sell maps to them sha

Regardless how did this turn into debate about black and white. I think after the Sony episode most ppl decide to maybe rectify the already bad image of nigeria. This could even be an effort of madam rebranding herself. And for those people who are not aware- Africans haven't contributed anything significant to the science or business- and you guys could call me names from morning to night it wouldn't change things.

No need to call you names (not yet) I will give names:

Emancipate your mind and free yourself from mental slavery - Marcus Garvey

[EVERYTHING]
Barack Hussein Obama II born August 4, 1961) is the 44th and current President of the United States. He is the first African American to hold the office, as well as the first president born in Hawaii.

[SCIENCE and BUSINESS]
Mark Dean was a co-inventor of the first IBM Micro computer - The computer you are using right now!
http://www.blackinventor.com/pages/markdean.html

[BUSINESS]
Oprah Winfrey With three million users per month generating 45 million page views, Oprah.com is one of the top women's lifestyle websites, covering a variety of topics, as well as providing in-depth resources about the show. It's also the home of Oprah's Book Club, now the largest book club in the world with more than half a million members. It's also the home of Live Your Best Life, an multimedia section featuring Oprah's personal life stories, life lessons, and an interactive workbook. Forbes magazine named her the 45th most powerful person in the world http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/20/power-09_Oprah-Winfrey_O0ZT.html

[BUSINESS]
Robert L. Johnson the founder of BET and a regular on the forbes richest list.

SEFAGO:

Try and criticize yourselfs, and identify where to improve. No one cares who enslaved who first, or what the missionaries did 80 years ago. We are talking about the now, the present- leave the past where it is supposed to be, a relic of memory

This comment is ignorant at best, why? If you know about slavery (clearly don't) and you say this then it means you hate your own people, its like a Jewish person saying: "No one gives a damn about the Holocaust its all about now" grin grin grin grin
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 10:06am On Nov 20, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Apparently, even the poster did not even understand the video, but quick to inject some NONEXISTENT angle in to the message. [size=14pt]Far from being anti-Nigeria in any way, It is PRO-NIGERIA businesses[/size]. We know that 419 is a PROBLEM even Legit Nigerian businesses, like the one portrayed in the AD deal with daily?

Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 10:19am On Nov 20, 2009
SeanT21:

Someone said on the first page that this ad was racist undecided If the lady who bought the shoes was an African American, would she be deemed racist against her own people undecided

If an Igbo man calls a Yoruba man an ? is he racist? There is such as thing a ricism amongst black people too - are you sure you are Nigerian?

SeanT21:

What does the white men have to do with your present situation? If Africans are yet to recover because of some shit that happen years ago then who's to blame? The Whites or the Africans?.

Emancipate your mind and free yourself from mental slavery

The White man enslaved Africans for 400 years.   The Europeans were determined to wipeout Africans the same way

they wiped out Aborigines and stole their land and called it Austalia,
The same way they wiped out the Carib indians in the West-indies,
The same way they wiped out the Māori, stole their land and called it New Zealand,
They same way they wiped out red indians and stole their land and called it the U.S, A.

The USA was built by slaves, even the Whitehouse was built by slaves. Ships from Liverpool a major city in England delivered more than one million slaves to the New World it was such a lucrative business that George Frederick Cooke said: “Every brick in this town is cemented with the blood of a negro”

Tell me why dose Africa not have a fair trade agreement with Europe or the USA? If they did can't you see that Africa would be lifted out of poverty?

Why is Africa begining to get richer?

Why did Europeans and American prevent Awolowo, Lumumba, Nkurumah and Toure from ruling?

If you cannot answer these questions PROPERLY then you need to go and do some serious reading grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by SEFAGO(m): 10:24am On Nov 20, 2009
The truth is China should have been a superpower a looooong time ago they are late commers; with that said, China has a trade agreement with Europe and the US and The US trade deficit with China widened 9.2 per cent in September to $22.1 billion - the highest since November 2008. China pretty much owns 50% of the US Financial sector too so do you understand why they can feed all their people?

shocked shocked shocked. The fact that china invests heavily in US treasury boonds, as well as the fact that the US trade deficit with china, means nothing. China wouldn't be a superpower prolly until the next 50+ years. Infact china needs America to survive- if not those trade deficits/agreements would become tissue paper. There is an over-reliance of the majority of nouveau rich countries on the west. But that is not the topic anyways.

Presently:  47% of young children in India are malnourished, and up to a third of the world's undernourished children are Indian.
http://www.unicef.org/india/overview_3702.htm

India is a very racist country, they have a caste system - do some reading, they also have a huge AIDs problem too.

India has a population over 1 billion. They have the same population problem as china and these could hamper their developmet. AIDS wouldn't affect india's growth. The problem is that india's growth is lopsided. They have been significantly favored by IT outsourcing, with the rise of infosy and satyam- and the movement of several western jobs into india. Also biotechnology is rising. Plus a very well-educated class- even if 20% of india is educated, that is about the same size as the whole population of nigeria. In addition, India is trying to abolish their caste system, and introduce people of the lowest class into higher-level positions especially positions usually limited to the brahmin. They are making progress mate. It might take a million strides to get where u want, but u need to take little ones first to reach that goal.

But the trans-atlantic slave trade was the cruelest and Africa has not yet recovered - especially mentally  Grin 6million Jews were gassed by Hitler and we hear about it all the time.  On the other hand 10 million Africans, the same blood as you were chucked int he Atlantic ocean when they were sick at sea - to overlook that as an African is pure ignorance.

The trans-atlantic slave trade was an european-african collaboration. And yes it was a reeemix. However I would concede that the chattel slavery was in no way similar to sub-saharan slavery and that the behavior of the europeans was just purely abominable. I think it would hurt more knowing that you were sold by your own blood into slavery, and that this people refused to stop the slavery even when europeans enacted laws to abolish it.

What are you proud about?

I am proud of our diverse culture and traditions. I do not consider it anyways inferior to another culture, and i believe it was well-suited for our purpose- i believe less deaths/pain would have occurred is the west had never come in contact with Africa. I am also proud of the fact that despite being rapidly introduced into a foreign system (The new world order of globalization) in which we were at a significant disadvantage- we were versatile enough to learn the lingo and dance of this new culture- we have struggled through sorrows, tears and blood and achieved a lot. I am very much aware that as of now, we haven't contributed anything significant, but I am also cognizant that our potential is infinite.

@violent- good post, I am happy people are becoming well aware of our deficiencies and no more making silly, unnecessary excuses
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 10:26am On Nov 20, 2009
SEFAGO:

shocked shocked shocked. The fact that china invests heavily in US treasury boonds, as well as the fact that the US trade deficit with china, means nothing. China wouldn't be a superpower prolly until the next 50+ years. Infact china needs America to survive- if not those trade deficits/agreements would become tissue paper. There is an over-reliance of the majority of nouveau rich countries on the west. But that is not the topic anyways.

India has a population over 1 billion. They have the same population problem as china and these could hamper their developmet. AIDS wouldn't affect india's growth. The problem is that india's growth is lopsided. They have been significantly favored by IT outsourcing, with the rise of infosy and satyam- and the movement of several western jobs into india. Also biotechnology is rising. Plus a very well-educated class- even if 20% of india is educated, that is about the same size as the whole population of nigeria. In addition, India is trying to abolish their caste system, and introduce people of the lowest class into higher-level positions especially positions usually limited to the brahmin. They are making progress mate. It might take a million strides to get where u want, but u need to take little ones first to reach that goal.

completely off topic, try to relate it to the subject at hand.

SEFAGO:

For those people who are not aware- Africans haven't contributed anything significant to the science or business- and you guys could call me names from morning to night it wouldn't change things.

Try and criticize yourselfs, and identify where to improve. No one cares who enslaved who first or what the missionaries did 80 years ago,. We are talking about the now, the present- leave the past where it is supposed to be, a relic of memory

2 minutes later

SEFAGO:

I am proud of our diverse culture and traditions. I do not consider it anyways inferior to another culture, and i believe it was well-suited for our purpose- i believe less deaths/pain would have occurred is the west had never come in contact with Africa. I am also proud of the fact that despite being rapidly introduced into a foreign system (The new world order of globalization) in which we were at a significant disadvantage- we were versatile enough to learn the lingo and dance of this new culture- we have struggled through sorrows, tears and blood and achieved a lot. I am very much aware that as of now, we haven't contributed anything significant, but I am also cognizant that our potential is infinite.

What an inconsistent hypocrite grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by SEFAGO(m): 10:28am On Nov 20, 2009
Tell me why dose Africa not have a fair trade agreement with Europe or the USA? If they did can't you see that Africa would be lifted out of poverty?

U need to have something they want mate. Thats why it is called trade  . All africa has is natural resources without much skill power to develop it. Crude oil would be what it is without manufacturing and refining it- crude. They have trade agreements with other countries who have what they want- countries who trade not just unmanufactured products, but manufactured products, skill power and such.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by SEFAGO(m): 10:36am On Nov 20, 2009
[EVERYTHING]
Barack Hussein Obama II born August 4, 1961) is the 44th and current President of the United States. He is the first African American to hold the office, as well as the first president born in Hawaii.

how does being president of a predominantly european nation prove anything. Look carefully, you are falling prey to the exact same issues you are claiming to make people aware of.

[
SCIENCE and BUSINESS]
Mark Dean was a co-inventor of the first IBM Micro computer - The computer you are using right now!
http://www.blackinventor.com/pages/markdean.html

Agree, I eat my words on that. But i really meant chemistry/biology/physics

[BUSINESS]
Oprah Winfrey With three million users per month generating 45 million page views, Oprah.com is one of the top women's lifestyle websites, covering a variety of topics, as well as providing in-depth resources about the show. It's also the home of Oprah's Book Club, now the largest book club in the world with more than half a million members. It's also the home of Live Your Best Life, an multimedia section featuring Oprah's personal life stories, life lessons, and an interactive workbook. Forbes magazine named her the 45th most powerful person in the world http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/20/power-09_Oprah-Winfrey_O0ZT.html

No, No- please dont ever add someone like oprah when we are talking of business. I would even prefer dangote. By the way she got rich of white-middle class women.

[BUSINESS]
Robert L. Johnson the founder of BET and a regular on the forbes richest list.

slightly better example. Also in entertainment. i meant one in the financial markets, industry and oil business and such. Like business leaders

Ofcourse it is expected blacks would make money in the entertainment industry- i am more surprised that we don't have more entertainment billionaires considering the fact that every american is now obssessed with lil' wayne on the hos grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jonathan Is Winning Southwest Votes: Is Anyone Doubting This? / DSS Foils Coordinated Terror Attacks In Kano And Three Other States / We Are Blessed To Have Umahi As Chairman South-east Governors' Forum- Iwuanyanwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.