Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,780 members, 7,875,938 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:43 AM

Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? (9908 Views)

Troops Demolish Boko Haram Guard Post In Sambisa, Kill Insurgents [PHO / Heavy Rainfall In Lagos: Good Or Bad Sign For APC's Rally? / 234next: Yoruba Newspaper Reclaiming Nigeria's Good Name Soiled By The Ibos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by bawomolo(m): 12:31am On Nov 21, 2009
paddy_lo:

but he went to china,he went to saudi arabia,he went to russia,see the hypocricy
nigeria,kenya and SA has arguably better freedoms and democratic idealS than these countries he happily visited,so why the double standard?

china, saudi-arabia and russia are bigger trade partners and deemed bigger priorities than the after mentioned countries.  China is need to address the issue of North Korea and saudi-arabia is a big ally in the middle-east.

paddy_lo:

he meant size of economy,read my post above

so what? they are countries on the right path. 

You should be concerned about addressing the issues that led to the media coverage and not media coverage itself.  negativity and controversy sells.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by mamagee3(f): 12:38am On Nov 21, 2009
Joke of the century/millennium. grin grin
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 12:40am On Nov 21, 2009
bawomolo:

why should size matter?  Japan is a relatively small country but that hasn't stopped them from developing an economy.  It's pretty Ignorant to make fun of these countries because of their size.

My man paddy_lo and I have already told you about the Marshall plan! Ignoring that is more than ignorant, its ridiculous!

bawomolo:

Not all the debt was paid off by Nigeria as some of it was relieved and yes it did make the news.  

How comes you did not mention it?  grin grin grin grin I live in the UK and I watch all the American channels and it did not get more than 2 minutes - come on be honest!

bawomolo:

Debt relief for african countries has made the news a number of time.  Its funny when Africans whine about media coverage.   Are these media houses lying when they show pictures of zimbabwe, congo and darfur?  

Who caused the crisis in Congo? Have you heard of Lumumba?

Why dose Zimbabwe get so much coverage? Because some White farmers got a bloody nose; why did they not give Abachas regime the same treatment?

Darfur is a bad situation - its a war of Arabs trying to wipe out Africans and yes it gets plenty of coverage because its negative and tell me why do they give it so much coverage and NO HELP!!! Why has Obama not mentioned it?
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 12:46am On Nov 21, 2009
paddy_lo:

U2 should first cris cross america from east st louis to the 9th ward new-orleans,and save them kids there first before thinking of saving africa

a lot of these cats are just tryna get their hustle on,like u say negativity about africa is a constant theme here,its like it makes them feel a little better about them miserable selves
thats a very good point,one thing i have noticed about western media is that they have this band wagon thing going on,they just jump on whatever is the prevailing thought of the day and run with it
thats why obama goes to africa for the first time as president and doesnt go to either south africa or Nigeria the number 1 and 2 economies in africa,but goes to ghana

it would be like going to south east asia and going to visit vietnam,without stepping foot in either china or japan
of course that would be ridiculous,but no one in the press called him out on it

but he went to china,he went to saudi arabia,he went to russia,see the hypocricy
nigeria,kenya and SA has arguably better freedoms and democratic idealS than these countries he happily visited,so why the double standard?
because there is no respect,and no fear either
the day we begin to make the west either fear or respect us or both,then we would have gone far in what we need to do

Exactly, its hustle for real my brother. First off the "we care about those N-I-G-G-AZ in Africa" is a multi-billion dollar industry, have you seen the "fair trade" labels, that stuff is expensive as hell, and all the oyinbos buy it because they think they are helping Africa. They are so blatant they say: "we are offering a fair price to African farmers" grin grin grin grin This is a blatant admission they have not been paying a fair price!

Secondly, Obama went to China and Saudi Arabia two countries with terrible human rights records, did he lecture them? No he bowed to all their Kings I wonder if he bowed to African Kings or did he just come and give a degrading lecture to his people because white people love it? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by Kobojunkie: 12:50am On Nov 21, 2009
mama-gee:

Joke of the century/millennium. grin grin

You mean the Identity Guard idea itself? I don't believe it is a joke. I think it would be awesome if businesses could sell more of ttheir products to international markets. It would at least force a few to improve product quality, finally realizing that crap does not sell.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by paddylo1(m): 12:58am On Nov 21, 2009
china, saudi-arabia and russia are bigger trade partners and deemed bigger priorities than the after mentioned countries.  China is need to address the issue of North Korea and saudi-arabia is a big ally in the middle-east.

i hope u know the US imports more oil from nigeria than saudi arabia,and its the sweet kind they prefer in the refineries here,saudi has heavy crude instead

so i dont know what u mean by bigger or more important trade partners,maybe china,but not russia and saudi arabia

matter of fact US russian trade is pretty negligible
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 1:04am On Nov 21, 2009
bawomolo:

Russia, Saudi Arabia on the right path? And Chinese are impressive but believe you me their problems make the Nigerian problems seem like a picnic.  Heard of Tibet? The Muslim Uighurs in the Xinjiang region? What if Africa gets its act together and start using more of its own resources, what will china do then? Their status as a superpower (Another Western Myth) is far from assured.

Russia is the same as Nigeria it relies on oil and is corrupt as hell! The difference is they used to have a developed millitary army but now their technology is obsolete and they are playing lip service to diversification.  http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-11/06/content_12395670.htm

Saudi Arabia - again is worse than Nigeria, they have a fake Monarchy put their by the British and their royal family wastes so much money its a joke. They have three products: oils (25%), Religion  and terrorism.  Who are a greater threat well funded Islamic Jihadists or 419ers?

How much do Nigerians and Africans in general give Saudis every year for a silly Hajj? Their Holy land is in their own backyard like Ife and they go all the way to Mecca - what a bunch of fools  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.  Okay they have spent money on their infrastructure - built by Indian, Pakistani, Ethiopian, Bangladeshi and Somalian labourers (slaves), and benefit from a small population of 28,686,633 million people.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by Kobojunkie: 1:04am On Nov 21, 2009
paddy_lo:

i hope u know the US imports more oil from nigeria than saudi arabia,and its the sweet kind they prefer in the refineries here,saudi has heavy crude instead

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/company_level_imports/current/import.html
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by bawomolo(m): 1:08am On Nov 21, 2009
transformR:

How comes you did not mention it?  grin grin grin grin I live in the UK and I watch all the American channels and it did not get more than 2 minutes - come on be honest!

umm the issue of debt relief or payments have come up before on CNN, PBS and countless of other network. no disrespect but it seems you are the one looking for soley negative reports on Africa

Who caused the crisis in Congo? Have you heard of Lumumba?

umm we know who patrice lumumba is.  not that much of a secret.

Why dose Zimbabwe get so much coverage? Because some White farmers got a bloody nose; why did they not give Abachas regime the same treatment?

the alarming inflation rate and election violence in zimbabwe dominated the news recently and not the fate of white farmers.  

Darfur is a bad situation - its a war of Arabs trying to wipe out Africans and yes it gets plenty of coverage because its negative and tell me why do they give it so much coverage and NO HELP!!! Why has Obama not mentioned it?

no help? you mean charity groups such as doctors with borders are offering no help?  or the sudanese president being summoned with a warrant (that the AU is against) is no help? The bills passed by the UN is no help?  The support provided to the african taskforce in sudan is no help?  

well lets just agree to disagree.

nigeria is 4th, while saudi-arabia is 5th.  the difference is negligible as kobo pointed out. There are US army bases in saudi-arabia and saudi's are needed in middle east peace talks.   I think it's safe to say saudi-arabia is a bigger ally than Nigeria.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by paddylo1(m): 1:09am On Nov 21, 2009
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
your data shows that US imports more oil from Nigeria than Saudi arabia and russia like i claimed in 2009

u think i just talk out of my ass or what?
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by paddylo1(m): 1:12am On Nov 21, 2009
nigeria is 4th, while saudi-arabia is 5th. the difference is negligible as kobo pointed out. There are US army bases in saudi-arabia and saudi's are needed in middle east peace talks. I think it's safe to say saudi-arabia is a bigger ally than Nigeria.

Is nigeria in the middle east?
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by bawomolo(m): 1:13am On Nov 21, 2009
paddy_lo:

Is nigeria in the middle east?

did i say Nigeria is in the middle east
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 1:18am On Nov 21, 2009
bawomolo:

umm the issue of debt relief or payments have come up before on CNN, PBS and countless of other network. no disrespect but it seems you are the one looking for soley negative reports on Africa

This is not worth a response

bawomolo:

umm we know who patrice lumumba is.  not that much of a secret.

You obviously don't otherwise you would be aware of the underlying cause of the current crisis in the Congo; its very poor of you to skim over wikipedia articles then return to be cynical and defensive.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by paddylo1(m): 1:18am On Nov 21, 2009
my question is rhetorical of course,i am not arguing who is a bigger ally btw ngr and saudi arabia

what i am saying,which u cannot deny is that if the US ppresident decides to come to africa,he should stop decieving himself and start his trip from either Nigeria or south africa,as they are the biggest allys america has on the continent
and if he decides to come to west afica and chooses to ignore nigeria,then either he has not been well served by his foreign policy advisers,or he is being intentionally ignorant
but we know the answer is that,he is in black africa,so he can do as he pleases,well we will see in 15yrs
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by bawomolo(m): 1:21am On Nov 21, 2009
transformR:

You obviously don't otherwise you would be aware of the underlying cause of the current crisis in the Congo; its very poor of you to skim over wikipedia articles then return to be cynical and defensive.

here comes the CIA killed lumumba theories blah blah blah.

paddy_lo:

,then either he has not been well served by his foreign policy advisers,or he is being intentionally ignorant

more like he is prioritizing his visits. Ghana is seen an emerging economy and soon to be oil producing so why not go there?

The secretary of state visited Nigeria so that's a consolatory price.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 1:24am On Nov 21, 2009
bawomolo:

the alarming inflation rate and election violence in zimbabwe dominated the news recently and not the fate of white farmers.  

Maybe its fatigue but I get the sense you are being defensive rather than constructive; then again it could be a case of you limited to the point where its difficult for you to grap simple inquiries.  Inflation is rampant all over Africa so why do they focus on Zimbabwe? I will answer it for you - Mugabe kicked out some WHITE FARMERS!!!!!

Is Mugabe a good leader, not since the west have imposed an economic embargoe on his nation, how many times do they mention what they are doing to the Zimbabwean Economy? Is the leader of Equatorial Guinea better than Mugabe? But you won't hear 'intense', negative coverage because they are getting what they want - oil.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 1:27am On Nov 21, 2009
bawomolo:

here comes the CIA killed lumumba theories blah blah blah.

more like he is prioritizing his visits.  Ghana is seen an emerging economy and soon to be oil producing so why not go there?

Look how you skim over such serious issues! You are disgraceful  grin grin grin  I will let you remain ignorant and petty with the passion of a coconut.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 1:30am On Nov 21, 2009
paddy_lo:

my question is rhetorical of course,i am not arguing who is a bigger ally btw ngr and saudi arabia

what i am saying,which u cannot deny is that if the US ppresident decides to come to africa,he should stop decieving himself and start his trip from either Nigeria or south africa,as they are the biggest allys america has on the continent
and if he decides to come to west afica and chooses to ignore nigeria,then either he has not been well served by his foreign policy advisers,or he is being intentionally ignorant
but we know the answer is that,he is in black africa,so he can do as he pleases,well we will see in 15yrs

We should not bother with this bawomolo guy he is in complete denial  grin grin grin grin grin I think we should let him talk to himself  grin
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by paddylo1(m): 1:30am On Nov 21, 2009
more like he is prioritizing his visits.  Ghana is seen an emerging economy and soon to be oil producing so why not go there?

ha,but he dare not do that to china in asia,to saudi arabia in the middle east,and to russia in europe

but he can do it to nigeria in africa

i am really bringing this up because,we africans and nigerians in particular should understand that the reason given for this does not add up,u know the ghana emerging economy thing u just quoted above
they say actions speak louder than words

i hope the federal govt sells those oil wells to the chinese,heard they are willing to pay btw $30bln-$50bln for them,maybe then obama will fly to aso rock
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by paddylo1(m): 1:33am On Nov 21, 2009
We should not bother with this bawomolo guy he is in complete denial I think we should let him talk to himself

sometimes u do hope that people are arguing in good fate, i seriously hope he is not in denial lol
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 1:34am On Nov 21, 2009
bawomolo:

Ghana is seen an emerging economy and soon to be oil producing so why not go there?

Ghana with a $30 billion economy is emerging? Even Bill gates has got more money than that, I posted the GDP figures earlier stop reinforcing lies!  Ghana as a country is nearly bankrupt. http://news.peacefmonline.com/features/200911/31413.php grin grin grin grin

I challenge you to back up everything you say with facts grin grin grin grin
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by bawomolo(m): 1:35am On Nov 21, 2009
paddy_lo:

ha,but he dare not do that to china in asia,to saudi arabia in the middle east,and to russia in europe

of course, The US has more to lose in those countries than in Nigeria.  The US doesn't owe Nigeria money like it does China.

i hope the federal govt sells those oil wells to the chinese,heard they are willing to pay btw $30bln-$50bln for them,maybe then obama will fly to aso rock

You don't trade based on sentiments but on the most favorable conditions.  The chinese are already doing their thing in equitorial guinea by the way.

transformR:

.  Inflation is rampant all over Africa so why do they focus on Zimbabwe?

you are right.  the inflation levels in zimbabwe is similar to what can be found in other African countries.  The things we would hear on nairaland.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by bawomolo(m): 1:37am On Nov 21, 2009
transformR:

Ghana with a $30 billion economy is emerging? Even Bill gates has got more money than that, I posted the GDP figures earlier stop reinforcing lies!  Ghana as a country is nearly bankrupt. grin grin grin grin

the per capita income of Ghana is $1500 while that of Nigeria is $2300. Only a delusional person would ignore the fact that ghanian is catching up in the west african region.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by paddylo1(m): 1:42am On Nov 21, 2009
the per capita income of Ghana is $1500 while that of Nigeria is $2300.   Only a delusional person would ignore the fact that ghanian is catching up in the west african region

there u go agin with income per capita,do u know that of india? $700

per capita income is meaningless especially when u have a large population

GDP is what u should focus on,and at $20bln ghanas economy is quite negligible
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 1:43am On Nov 21, 2009
bawomolo:

the per capita income of Ghana is $1500 while that of Nigeria is $2300.   Only a delusional person would ignore the fact that ghanian is catching up in the west african region.

Only a misinformed African afflicted with a mental derangement would ignore the fact that:

- Ghanas economy is smaller than that of Lagos
- Ghana is limited by size and population and depends on Nigeria
- Ghana was near bankrupt
- A GDP per capita of $2300 - $1500 is a difference of $800  grin grin grin grin If $1500 per capita is the best Ghana can achive at its best then can't you see its lower than  that of Nigeria when Nigeria is performing at 10% of her potential (Nigerias WORST)?
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by bawomolo(m): 1:46am On Nov 21, 2009
transformR:

- A GDP per capita of $2300 - $1500 is a difference of $800  grin grin grin grin If $1500 per capita is the best Ghana can achive at its best then can't you see its lower than  that of Nigeria when Nigeria is performing at 10% of her potential (Nigerias WORST)?

and Ghana is performing at 100% of it's potential right? a funny statement considering ghana is about to experience an oil boom.

Zimbabwe's inflation rate is 200 million % by the way. sounds good enough

paddy_lo:

there u go agin with income per capita,do u know that of india? $700

per capita income is meaningless especially when u have a large population

GDP is what u should focus on,and at $20bln ghanas economy is quite negligible

The GDP and per capita income has experienced an upward trend which is good for ECOWAS as a whole.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by paddylo1(m): 1:50am On Nov 21, 2009
The GDP and per capita income has experienced an upward trend which is good for ECOWAS as a whole.

thats quite true and its good,

but meanwhile check the link below.Ghana GDP actually shrinks this year 2009 and is closer to $16bln

http://news.myjoyonline.com/features/200911/38232.asp
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 1:55am On Nov 21, 2009
bawomolo:

and Ghana is performing at 100% of it's potential right? a funny statement considering ghana is about to experience an oil boom.

The key words: "about to", do you know anything about oil? Who will build the infrastructure to extract the oil? How long will it take Ghana to produce 1 million barrels? How do you know Ghana will use the income from oil to develop its country? What will be the price of oil next year? This is pure speculation - lets see. The oil boom in Ghana is about as certain as Nigeria becoming an industrialized country by 2020 grin grin grin grin grin grin.

bawomolo:

Zimbabwe's inflation rate is 200 million % by the way. sounds good enough

You are coming across as if I am defending Zimbabwe is Zimbabwe Africa? Look that country has problems and you sound like you are happy about it, thats sad you should not rejoice in your peoples misery.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by bawomolo(m): 1:59am On Nov 21, 2009
paddy_lo:

thats quite true and its good,

but meanwhile check the link below.Ghana GDP actually shrinks this year 2009 and is closer to $16bln

http://news.myjoyonline.com/features/200911/38232.asp

ha sucks for them.   might want to read this about naija too

[url]http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article04/indexn2_html?pdate=191109&ptitle=IMF%20forecasts%20growth%20contraction%20for%20Nigeria[/url]

tough time.

The key words: "about to", do you know anything about oil? Who will build the infrastructure to extract the oil? How long will it take Ghana to produce 1 million barrels? How do you know Ghana will use the income from oil to develop its country? What will be the price of oil next year? This is pure speculation - lets see.

I see no reason why Ghana can't build it's own version of Aramco.

You are coming across as if I am defending Zimbabwe is Zimbabwe Africa? Look that country has problems and you sound like you are happy about it, thats sad you should not rejoice in your peoples misery.

there is nothing to rejoice about cholera outbreaks and starvation in Zimbabwe.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 2:02am On Nov 21, 2009
bawomolo:

I see no reason why Ghana can't build it's own version of Aramco.

Neither do I

bawomolo:

ha sucks for them.   might want to read this about naija too

[url]http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article04/indexn2_html?pdate=191109&ptitle=IMF%20forecasts%20growth%20contraction%20for%20Nigeria[/url]

tough time.

You gave up on your emerging African dream pretty quick, your CNN version of Africa has become more clearer  grin grin grin grin grin

bawomolo:

there is nothing to rejoice about cholera outbreaks and starvation in Zimbabwe.

tell me about it, your previous post suggested otherwise  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by bawomolo(m): 2:04am On Nov 21, 2009
transformR:

You gave up on your emerging African dream pretty quick, your CNN version of Africa has become more clearer  grin grin grin grin grin

Umm it is still emerging. You do realize economies go through cycles right?

even China had a dip.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by paddylo1(m): 2:09am On Nov 21, 2009
ha sucks for them. might want to read this about naija too

nigerian growth is expected to dip from 6% to maybe 3% next yr,but not go negative like ghana

if oil prices rebounds though,with the way helicopter ben is printing money,then nigerian growth should be solid next yr

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osinbajo Suit To Stop Alleged Damaging Documentary Adjourned To 27th March / PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate / APC Will Form Govt In Ogun Come May 29 – Osoba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.