Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,920 members, 7,872,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:37 AM

Efcc Nabs Banker Over N12.5m Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Efcc Nabs Banker Over N12.5m Fraud (894 Views)

Nigerian Army Nabs Fake General Alleged To Be Boko Haram Sponsor (Photo) / ICPC Interrogates Fmr IGP Mike Okiro, Others Over N275.5m Fraud / Fraud: EFCC Docks Female Banker Over N125.6m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Efcc Nabs Banker Over N12.5m Fraud by Alxmyr(m): 7:44am On Nov 19, 2009
An official of First City Monument Bank, Mr Olajide Ogundipe has been arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, for defrauding the bank to the tune of N12.5 million, out of which the anti-graft agency has been able to recover N9 million from the suspect.

The bank had on September 4, 2009, petitioned the EFCC, alleging fraudulent withdrawal of money from the bank’s ATM in excess of N12million by a staff of the Lokoja branch, Mr. Ogundipe.The bank had observed that some unexplainable entries were passed between one of its assets accounts and its ATM at its Lokoja branch.

In the course of investigation, EFCC operatives discovered that sometimes in March, 2009, Olajide who works at the Lokoja branch of the bank, posted a debit entry of N450, 000.00 to the assets account and credited the ATM with same value, which was subsequently taken out in bulk cash from the ATM machine after close of business.Further investigation revealed that several other similar entries in excess of N12 million have been posted and subsequently withdrawn in the same manner.

Olajide who confessed to the crime after his arrest said he spent the money to sponsor his wedding in 2008. He said he made the withdrawals, usually a minimum of N500, 000.00 each time he loads the three ATM machines in Lokoja. “Thereafter, I will manipulate the posting to balance the account”, he confessed.The Osun state born banker who said he joined FCMB in September 2008 after three years with a new generation bank in Abuja said he never kept the stolen money in the bank but in his brief case at his Lokoja home and unknown to his wife who is resident in Karu, Abuja.

After the confessional statement, Olajide who promised to return the stolen money made good his promise when his lawyer, Barrister Ibrahim Muktari, brought to EFCC an FCMB draft of N9,000,000 dated 22 October, 2009. He had earlier paid N3, 500,000.00 of the stolen money.The suspect is expected to be arraigned in court soon.

Femi Babafemi
Head, Media & Publicity
10/11/09

http://efccnigeria.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=773&Itemid=34
Re: Efcc Nabs Banker Over N12.5m Fraud by SEFAGO(m): 8:47am On Nov 19, 2009
is their really any person in naija who doesnt steal
Re: Efcc Nabs Banker Over N12.5m Fraud by OBVIOUS(m): 9:23am On Nov 19, 2009
with Nigerians nothing is impossible---
Re: Efcc Nabs Banker Over N12.5m Fraud by mrofficial(m): 12:52pm On Nov 19, 2009
I read this here before!
Re: Efcc Nabs Banker Over N12.5m Fraud by abhosts(m): 12:57pm On Nov 19, 2009
Old News!!
Re: Efcc Nabs Banker Over N12.5m Fraud by madamL(f): 1:00pm On Nov 19, 2009
Yes, we had this particular thread not too long ago. Who brought it back? Awake all ye who sleep while handling things in NL.
Re: Efcc Nabs Banker Over N12.5m Fraud by skimmyboss: 1:31pm On Nov 19, 2009
kini big deal?
which banker no dey steal? tongue
Re: Efcc Nabs Banker Over N12.5m Fraud by Ajike: 1:43pm On Nov 19, 2009
what we need is follow up on this story. I have read it here before
Re: Efcc Nabs Banker Over N12.5m Fraud by dammizz(m): 1:46pm On Nov 19, 2009
I refuse to believe that every nigerian/banker steals. the fact that u do does not means everyone does.
We need to watch what we say about this country, pple all around the world check on NL and its what they see that they blieve. lets stop creating -ve impression in these pple's minds.Peace out
Re: Efcc Nabs Banker Over N12.5m Fraud by Oboma1(m): 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2009
Mr. Poster, always read through the topics before double-posting topics. There is a similar thread running already. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Efcc Nabs Banker Over N12.5m Fraud by OBVIOUS(m): 1:51pm On Nov 19, 2009
In Nigeria, as long as you pay your tithes and offerings--- stealing is OK--- wink
Re: Efcc Nabs Banker Over N12.5m Fraud by chosen04(f): 3:05pm On Nov 19, 2009
Why is the trash now making front page. When it made headlines in the news stand it didnt make front page here. Imagine old and outdated news now topping our chart. NL is incredible
Re: Efcc Nabs Banker Over N12.5m Fraud by airzzee(m): 3:23pm On Nov 19, 2009
SEFAGO:

is their really any person in naija who doesnt steal

I'M QUITE DISAPPOINTED THAT SOMEBODY WILL BE MAKING THIS KIND OF COMMENT. IF YOU STEAL, I DO NOT. PLEASE, DO NOT POLLUTE OUR SYSTEM/SOCIETY ANY FURTHER. THE DECAY & DAMAGE ARE WELL ENOUGH. IT IS SAD THAT WHILE PEOPLE LIKE ME ARE BUSY THINKING ABOUT HOW TO SANITISE NIGERIA, SOME PEOPLE ARE THWARTING ALL OUR EFFORTS.

I DO NOT STEAL AND I WILL NOT STEAL UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. I CAN TELL YOU STORIES ABOUT ME. I HAVE BEEN RIDICULED FOR TAKING MY BOLD STAND. I HAVE BEEN MOCKED, DUBBED UNAMBITIOUS, AND OSTRACISED FOR NOT STEALING. I WORK IN A PLACE THAT IF I WANT, I CAN STEAL MILLIONS OF NAIRA EVERYDAY. I AM ALSO INTELLIGENT ENOUGH TO COVER UP MY TRACKS BUT I HAVE CHOSEN A PATH OF INTEGRITY.

IT NOT ABOUT RELIGION (90% IF NOT MORE OF PASTORS STEAL & ESTORT), NEITHER IS IT ABOUT JUST DISCIPLINE OR SELF CONTROL. IT IS ABOUT BEING CONTENT WITH WHAT YOU HAVE, WHETHER IT BE LITTLE OUT OF MUCH. IT'S SOMETHING YOU DECIDE BEFORE YOU LAUNCH OUT INTO THE ARENA OF SCHOOL, WORKPLACE OR ANYWHERE.

IT IS ALSO NOT ABOUT POVERTY OR WANT THAT FORCES PEOPLE TO STEAL. IT IS LACK OF CONTENTMENT. PLAUTUS SAID “IF YOU ARE CONTENT, YOU HAVE ENOUGH TO LIVE COMFORTABLY." AND ROBERT FREEMAN SAID, “CHARACTER IS NOT MADE IN CRISIS--IT IS ONLY EXHIBITED.” MAYBE YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ME YET.

IF IT IS ABOUT POVERTY, THEN THERE WILL NOT BE ANY WORD LIKE KLEPTOMANIA. THIS IS WHY ABRAHAM LINCOLN (I LOVE HIM) SAID, “NEARLY ALL MAN CAN STAND ADVERSITY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER." THIS WHY CORRUPTION IS EVERYWHERE, AND NOBODY SAYS NOTHING, NOBODY DOES NOTHING. TOO BAD!!!

YOU HAVE ALREADY ANNOYED ME AND I FEEL LIKE COUNSELLING THAT HELL OUT OF YOUR MIND. I PRAY THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE AND JOIN THE FEW LIKE US, WHO BELIEVE IN THIS FIGHT FOR INTEGRITY.

SEFAGO, IF YOU DON'T MIND, PLEASE, JOIN ME. I AM CURRENTLY EDUCATING TEENAGERS AND OTHERS IN NIGERIA ON HOW TO MAINTAIN INTEGRITY. HOW TO LIVE WITHOUT STEALING, CHEATING AND HOW TO DO WELL IN HIGHER INSTITUTIONS & WORK PLACE.

IF OUR YOUNGER GENERATION CANNOT CHANGE THE SYSTEM, WHO ELSE CAN? PONDER!!!

NB: I AM SORRY IF I EMPLOYED HARSH WORDS. I ONLY WROTE OUT OF THE PASSION I HAVE FOR INTEGRITY AND FOR THIS COUNTRY. YOU TOO CAN DO THE SAME.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Efcc Nabs Banker Over N12.5m Fraud by airzzee(m): 3:33pm On Nov 19, 2009
skimmyboss:

kini big deal?
which banker no dey steal? tongue

SKIMMYBOSS, PLEASE, MY COMMENT ABOVE. AND BE GUIDED ACCORDINGLY.
Re: Efcc Nabs Banker Over N12.5m Fraud by skimmyboss: 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2009
airzzee:

I'M QUITE DISAPPOINTED THAT SOMEBODY WILL BE MAKING THIS KIND OF COMMENT. IF YOU STEAL, I DO NOT. PLEASE, DO NOT POLLUTE OUR SYSTEM/SOCIETY ANY FURTHER. THE DECAY & DAMAGE ARE WELL ENOUGH. IT IS SAD THAT WHILE PEOPLE LIKE ME ARE BUSY THINKING ABOUT HOW TO SANITISE NIGERIA, SOME PEOPLE ARE THWARTING ALL OUR EFFORTS.

I DO NOT STEAL AND I WILL NOT STEAL UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. I CAN TELL YOU STORIES ABOUT ME. I HAVE BEEN RIDICULED FOR TAKING MY BOLD STAND. I HAVE BEEN MOCKED, DUBBED UNAMBITIOUS, AND OSTRACISED FOR NOT STEALING. I WORK IN A PLACE THAT IF I WANT, I CAN STEAL MILLIONS OF NAIRA EVERYDAY. I AM ALSO INTELLIGENT ENOUGH TO COVER UP MY TRACKS BUT I HAVE CHOSEN A PATH OF INTEGRITY.

IT NOT ABOUT RELIGION (90% IF NOT MORE OF PASTORS STEAL & ESTORT), NEITHER IS IT ABOUT JUST DISCIPLINE OR SELF CONTROL. IT IS ABOUT BEING CONTENT WITH WHAT YOU HAVE, WHETHER IT BE LITTLE OUT OF MUCH. IT'S SOMETHING YOU DECIDE BEFORE YOU LAUNCH OUT INTO THE ARENA OF SCHOOL, WORKPLACE OR ANYWHERE.

IT IS ALSO NOT ABOUT POVERTY OR WANT THAT FORCES PEOPLE TO STEAL. IT IS LACK OF CONTENTMENT. PLAUTUS SAID “IF YOU ARE CONTENT, YOU HAVE ENOUGH TO LIVE COMFORTABLY." AND ROBERT FREEMAN SAID, “CHARACTER IS NOT MADE IN CRISIS--IT IS ONLY EXHIBITED.” MAYBE YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ME YET.

IF IT IS ABOUT POVERTY, THEN THERE WILL NOT BE ANY WORD LIKE KLEPTOMANIA. THIS IS WHY ABRAHAM LINCOLN (I LOVE HIM) SAID, “NEARLY ALL MAN CAN STAND ADVERSITY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER." THIS WHY CORRUPTION IS EVERYWHERE, AND NOBODY SAYS NOTHING, NOBODY DOES NOTHING. TOO BAD!!!

YOU HAVE ALREADY ANNOYED ME AND I FEEL LIKE COUNSELLING THAT HELL OUT OF YOUR MIND. I PRAY THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE AND JOIN THE FEW LIKE US, WHO BELIEVE IN THIS FIGHT FOR INTEGRITY.

SEFAGO, IF YOU DON'T MIND, PLEASE, JOIN ME. I AM CURRENTLY EDUCATING TEENAGERS AND OTHERS IN NIGERIA ON HOW TO MAINTAIN INTEGRITY. HOW TO LIVE WITHOUT STEALING, CHEATING AND HOW TO DO WELL IN HIGHER INSTITUTIONS & WORK PLACE.

IF OUR YOUNGER GENERATION CANNOT CHANGE THE SYSTEM, WHO ELSE CAN? PONDER!!!

NB: I AM SORRY IF I EMPLOYED HARSH WORDS. I ONLY WROTE OUT OF THE PASSION I HAVE FOR INTEGRITY AND FOR THIS COUNTRY. YOU TOO CAN DO THE SAME.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

U work in a place where you can steal millions of naira everyday? Calm down nooooooooooow, even them "IBORI" can just steal the millions anytime they like, unlike you of course, grin
But seriously, about educating teenagers and co about changing their mindsets towards corruption, good job and keep it up.
On a lighter note, Lemme quickly edit my CV and send it to you so i can steal millions everyday ooo, grin
Re: Efcc Nabs Banker Over N12.5m Fraud by sonogo(m): 4:12pm On Nov 19, 2009
Bros pls sorry oo are you reffering to NIGERIANS here about corruption or some other people some where?
Re: Efcc Nabs Banker Over N12.5m Fraud by airzzee(m): 9:15pm On Nov 19, 2009
sonogo:

Bros pls sorry oo are you reffering to NIGERIANS here about corruption or some other people some where?

I MEAN. STEALING IS NOT BECAUSE ONE IS POOR OR BECAUSE ONE IS REACH. EVEN KLOPTOs (RICH THIEVES) STILL STEAL WORLDWIDE, NIGERIANS INCLUSIVE.
skimmyboss:

U work in a place where you can steal millions of naira everyday? Calm down nooooooooooow, even them "IBORI" can just steal the millions anytime they like, unlike you of course, grin
But seriously, about educating teenagers and co about changing their mindsets towards corruption, good job and keep it up.

On a lighter note, Lemme quickly edit my CV and send it to you so i can steal millions everyday ooo, grin

HA-HA-HA. YEYE MAN, BRING YA CV FOR EFCC SCREENING

(1) (Reply)

Justice Awokulehin Agrees To Discharge Ibori; Uniben Reinstates Him To Give “fou / 2 Pupils Kidnapped As Crime Rebounds In Port Harcourt. / Inec Drops Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.