Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,990 members, 7,915,898 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 12:02 PM

Inec Drops Soludo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inec Drops Soludo (899 Views)

Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo / Soludo Is Confused, Has Lost Touch With Reality- Fani Kayode / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inec Drops Soludo by fingard02k(m): 3:16pm On Dec 10, 2009
Anambra 2010: INEC clears 24 guber candidates
From GEOFFREY ANYANWU, Awka
Thursday, December 10, 2009
*Soludo
Photo: Sun Publishing
More Stories on This Section

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) yesterday released names of 24 standard bearers of the political parties and their deputies cleared for the February 6, 2010 gubernatorial election in Anambra state.
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo's name was, however, not on the list as he was not cleared due to court litigation.
While the PDP problem was yet unresolved, Governor Peter Obi survived Chief Chekwas Okorie's coup as he was cleared to contest the election but not without changing his running mate which was gathered to be the saving grace.
Releasing the list at a stakeholder's forum the commission organised in Awka, INEC Chairman, Prof. Maurice Iwu said the commission had put in place various measures to ensure that the election was successful.
The list also confirmed the candidature of Chief Dr. Andy Uba
Re: Inec Drops Soludo by Eziachi: 3:24pm On Dec 10, 2009
Nigeria is an endless supplier of comedy sketch. How much did Andy Uba paid the Labour party? And what is the punishment if he renegate on the agreement that he won't go back to PDP? This people are just jokes. Iwu is still desperate to impose Andy Uba on Anambra people by all means. Suddenly, labour party, we will be told is the most popular party in Anambra in few months time.
Re: Inec Drops Soludo by mrperfect(m): 3:24pm On Dec 10, 2009
Well, let see how it goes.
Re: Inec Drops Soludo by banom(m): 3:26pm On Dec 10, 2009
fingard02k:

Anambra 2010: INEC clears 24 guber candidates
From GEOFFREY ANYANWU, Awka
Thursday, December 10, 2009
*Soludo
Photo: Sun Publishing
More Stories on This Section

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) yesterday released names of 24 standard bearers of the political parties and their deputies cleared for the February 6, 2010 gubernatorial election in Anambra state.
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo's name was, however, not on the list as he was not cleared due to court litigation.
While the PDP problem was yet unresolved, Governor Peter Obi survived Chief Chekwas Okorie's coup as he was cleared to contest the election but not without changing his running mate which was gathered to be the saving grace.
Releasing the list at a stakeholder's forum the commission organised in Awka, INEC Chairman, Prof. Maurice Iwu said the commission had put in place various measures to ensure that the election was successful.
The list also confirmed the candidature of Chief Dr. Andy Uba

Propaganda Propaganda Propaganda, keep fooling yourself, For your information , the latest in Abuja is the plan on how to swear Soludo in by March 2010,

If you must know, Inec left PDP column vacant and commented on it " Subject to court Litigation" We know the game , we know our Plan, Soludo is the man.
Re: Inec Drops Soludo by ud4u: 5:35pm On Dec 10, 2009
How sure is this news,

as far as PDP is concern I know they have chosen Soludo for Anambra, and nothing will stop that.

But come to think of it, don't you think that he can make a change in Anambra
Re: Inec Drops Soludo by banom(m): 8:35pm On Dec 10, 2009
ud4u:

How sure is this news,

as far as PDP is concern I know they have chosen Soludo for Anambra, and nothing will stop that.

But come to think of it,don't you think that he can make a change in Anambra

Good question, the point is not who but result, among all the aspirants, Soludo remains the best by all standard.
Re: Inec Drops Soludo by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 10, 2009
Does anybody know of any country in the world where the courts grant injunction to stop the domocratic process?

Does anybody know of any country of the world where the courts attempt to select party political candidates?

we are responsible for our own failure.

Andy Uba who last month still trying to get a court to declare him Governor in Waiting, all of a sudden is now the candidate of Labour party. he has been passed fit without any hazzles. while soludo who has gone through the most rigorous/tedious process and still came out on top is being criticised.
Re: Inec Drops Soludo by texazzpete(m): 10:25pm On Dec 10, 2009
mikeansy:

Does anybody know of any country in the world where the courts grant injunction to stop the domocratic process?

Does anybody know of any country of the world where the courts attempt to select party political candidates?

Andy Uba who last month still trying to get a court to declare him Governor in Waiting, all of a sudden is now the candidate of Labour party. he has been passed fit without any hazzles. while soludo who has gone through the most rigorous/tedious process and still came out on top is being criticised.

lol! As if Soludo's nomination followed due process grin
Re: Inec Drops Soludo by ProAnti: 10:39pm On Dec 10, 2009
Ananmbra: The theatre of dreams.
The place where impossibility has no meaning.
The land og the industrious. The land of political debauchery.
Re: Inec Drops Soludo by rikamann: 9:00pm On Dec 11, 2009
Is it not the same Soludo that can't manage the banks that wants to manage Anambra? Abeg, let that intelligent man be an adviser in Anambra and Nigeria instead of trying to manage.
Re: Inec Drops Soludo by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 11, 2009
texazzpete:

lol! As if Soludo's nomination followed due process grin

please name those whose theres followed due process and give details of how.

also tell us how theirs is better that Soludo's.
Re: Inec Drops Soludo by MrCrackles(m): 7:49am On Dec 12, 2009
Is this the end of Soludo
Could just about be. . . . . undecided
Re: Inec Drops Soludo by agbejoro: 8:13am On Dec 12, 2009
Nigerians should allow Soludo to breathe. He as other Nigerians has a fundamental rights to vote and be voted for. So why should he be eaten alive just because he is aspiring for a political office?
Support him or oppose him but please dont eat him raw.
Re: Inec Drops Soludo by MrCrackles(m): 8:16am On Dec 12, 2009
agbejoro:

Nigerians should allow Soludo to breathe. He as other Nigerians has a fundamental rights to vote and be voted for. So why should he be eaten alive just because he is aspiring for a political office?
Support him or oppose him but please dont eat him raw.
Soludo's PA. . .Now that INEC has dropped his asshole, what are you doing to reverse the case
Re: Inec Drops Soludo by chidichris(m): 9:36am On Dec 12, 2009

@mikeansy,
the problem here is most people here cannot define democracy and you are sure one of them. if you know the definition of democracy, u will know that it does not mean the govt of obsanjo, by obasanjo and for obasanjo. ur soludo no matter how innocent and effcetive he appears, must test his popularity by going to the polls.
obsanjo can never pick him and impose him on the people like he did on yar adua. the idea of forcing people to withdraw their political interests in authocratic and is called disfranchise in political science that is denying people their rights to vote and be voted for.
if you are informed, u will know that u are supposed to vote and u have right to be voted for as long as you are not having a criminal record or mental record. obasanjo has done enough damage to the people of nigeria who no longer take part in choosing who their leader shld be.

@topic
some will have eyes but they cannot see, some will have ears and cannot hear.
when decission making and politicals analysts are all daft, when the so called elites are mere criminals and money miss roads.
anarchy is the name of the game. anambra is a victim of the state of lawlessness in nigeria as written and directed by his holiness - chief obasanjo.
in this thread, nigerians are reading about the two worst professors of our time viz; prof. iwu and prof soludo.
nigerians and nigeria have more regards for an okada man than these two idiots who have descended so low as to be used by a stack illiterate selling the soul to the devil just for the sake of firm and money.
with God, all things are possible. in imo state 2007, the same situation came up but the end result was that pdp lost and to be on the safe side, they used another hungry idiot in the name of ohakim who deflected after becoming the gov.
the issue here is a single individual is piloting the affairs of a whole nation without caring what the laws of the land say.
prof soludo has the task of obtaining the pdp ticket no matter and prof iwu will take it from there to fix him in the govt house. two stupid professors who are not interested in what the people want.
Re: Inec Drops Soludo by Ibime(m): 9:55am On Dec 12, 2009
Soludo may not get the nod from INEC because some Northern power-brokers know he will be the de-facto Igbo candidate in 2015. That is a problem they cannot afford.
Re: Inec Drops Soludo by Digriz(m): 10:21am On Dec 12, 2009
Exactly
Re: Inec Drops Soludo by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 12, 2009
Chidicris

Once again you have failed to put issues in context like you historically do.

The Polls are yet to come in February 2010 and Soludo is applying to test his popularity at that poll.

If the poll you are talking about is PDP nomination process. Then I am sorry I can't keep making this point over and over again. Political parties have the right to choose a candidate as they so wish. PDP tried to conduct primary election and a court of law deemed it fit to grant an order to stop the democratic process from happening. PDP had to reach for other mechanisms of nomination within its party constitution. That was how Soludo emerged. His nomination may not be best practice but it is both Legal and Moral.
Even in the face of these challenges the process that threw up Soludo is far better than those of Ngige or Obi. So why are we selectively criticizing Soludo's nomination and not the rest. I have been asking in the last one month on various threads on Nairaland 'CAN SOMEONE PLEASE DEMONSTRATE TO ME HOW NGIGE'S/OBI'S NOMINATION PROCESS IS ANY BETTER THAN THOSE OF SOLUDO'  Nobody has made the effort to prove it and I wont hold my breadth that anyone will. But yet people continue to make this selective and childish argument about Soludo's nomination.

You can not hold PDP to a different standard and the rest of the political parties to a totally another set of standards.

Soludo's candidacy will be confirmed by the Supreme court and he will contest 2010 polls. I hope PDP Anambra State keeps travelling the state around campaigning as a party untill the supreme courts  confirm his candidacy. Hiding under the shield of unexistent laws that are never practised anywhere else in the world is not how to win an election. Its pure cowardice.
Re: Inec Drops Soludo by chidichris(m): 1:14pm On Dec 12, 2009
Chidicris

Once again you have failed to put issues in context like you historically do.

The Polls are yet to come in February 2010 and Soludo is applying to test his popularity at that poll.

If the poll you are talking about is PDP nomination process. Then I am sorry I can't keep making this point over and over again. Political parties have the right to choose a candidate as they so wish. PDP tried to conduct primary election and a court of law deemed it fit to grant an order to stop the democratic process from happening. PDP had to reach for other mechanisms of nomination within its party constitution. That was how Soludo emerged. His nomination may not be best practice but it is both Legal and Moral.
Even in the face of these challenges the process that threw up Soludo is far better than those of Ngige or Obi. So why are we selectively criticizing Soludo's nomination and not the rest. I have been asking in the last one month on various threads on Nairaland 'CAN SOMEONE PLEASE DEMONSTRATE TO ME HOW NGIGE'S/OBI'S NOMINATION PROCESS IS ANY BETTER THAN THOSE OF SOLUDO' Nobody has made the effort to prove it and I wont hold my breadth that anyone will. But yet people continue to make this selective and childish argument about Soludo's nomination.

You can not hold PDP to a different standard and the rest of the political parties to a totally another set of standards.

Soludo's candidacy will be confirmed by the Supreme court and he will contest 2010 polls. I hope PDP Anambra State keeps travelling the state around campaigning as a party untill the supreme courts confirm his candidacy. Hiding under the shield of unexistent laws that are never practised anywhere else in the world is not how to win an election. Its pure cowardice.

@mikeansy,
who is pdp? 49 candidates bought the pdp forms and obasanjo decided as usual to pick the one who helped him steal all the funds he stole through the cbn. as informed as u claim, why was pdp selling forms to her party members is selection will end the day? could you please compare and contrast the present situation in anambra with what happeneed in imo state in 2007 when obasanjo had to fly to imo state on several occassions to make sure his arch enemy did not context on behalf of pdp.
if you are well informed, u will know that having pdp ticket is as good as been 90% in the govt house especially with the shameless professor as the inec chairman.
let us look back to situations that have been in place in nigeria esepcially between 1999 till date.
how many ppl have tried and failed in anambra under the pdp umbrella. the best anambra ppl can do is to continue forcing obasanjo to remain awake since he has sworn not to sleep until he takes over the state.
ur pdp is only out to take over the whole country to avoid any form of oposition and then give more pwoers to the ottah idiot not minding the hardship this god forsaken party(pdp).
let us wait to see how this drama will end.
Re: Inec Drops Soludo by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 12, 2009
It looks like the ideology of Orji Kalu loyalists which you seem to subscribe to is to blame OBJ for everything that goes on anywhere in Nigeria.

So OBJ selected Soludo?

I pity any groups of person who know you in the real world and who depend on you to find solutions to problems. Because you have a perpetual habbit of getting things mixed up.
Re: Inec Drops Soludo by chidichris(m): 2:53pm On Dec 12, 2009
It looks like the ideology of Orji Kalu loyalists which you seem to subscribe to is to blame OBJ for everything that goes on anywhere in Nigeria.

So OBJ selected Soludo?

I pity any groups of person who know you in the real world and who depend on you to find solutions to problems. Because you have a perpetual habbit of getting things mixed up.

@mikeansy,
wise men in nigeria are foolish men outside. no wonder professors like soludo and iwu are less than human beings elsewhere. u are a typical example of nigerian wiseman.
who is pdp?
who were the founding fathers of pdp?

where are all those founding fathers now?
who is in charge of pdp now?
do you know the pdp constitution amendments of 2007?
as we speak, do you know that one of the provissions of the pdp amended constitution makes obj the only qualified candidate for the post of board of trustees chairman? if pdp is the ruling party and obj is the only human being both living and dead that is qualified to be the chairman board of trustees, then who is the most powerful person in the party? it is really unfortunate that internet has brought us together but i must remind u that in any political issue, i stand in a good position to lecture u.
pick on my questions and answer them and try me with any question on any issue where i get involved.
i make refference to the imo state situation where ifeanyi ararume the then pdp elected candidate defiled obasanjo's choice of eng. charles ugwu. obasanjo made various trips to imo state to convience the people of the state but when it became obvious that nothing cld change the situation, he resulted to withdrawing pdp's interest in the poll. that was obasanjo in person and not pdp or anyother person.
yes, i always refer to obasanjo with points and my points are proven facts and not basded on hear say.
the internet is there for you to source any news in case you are biased.
the orji uzor kalu u mentioned and tinubu are the two outsatnding men who have stood their grounds in resisting obasanjo from the day one.
if you are not stupid, tell me what happened to chris uba when he pushed a sitting gov out of the state and what is the legal implication of his actions and what did pdp do at the end of the day.
what is felony?
i still don't know why i shld be talking with u when i can't see u as a political literate entity.
mention to me any political term you know of and relate it to the situation in nigeria bewteen 1999 till date.
why is anambra more important to pdp than the various pressing needs of nigeria?
the God that created the people of nigeria is not blind to all the sufferings of the ppl and will definitely pay men back according to their works and my prayer is now is the time for God to visit all those who have sworn to make us suffer in the midst of plenty.
to all those who have forced the nigerian youths to be slaves in many poorer countries and make untold hardship to those at home, i pray for death and shameful ends to them all.
Re: Inec Drops Soludo by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 12, 2009
If a man who was nominated as one of the 8 economist to look at the global financial crisis is less than a man, then I honestly do not want to find out your definition of wise and foolish.

(1) (Reply)

Turai Wants Her Son-in-law To Succeed Yar'adua F / Yar’adua: Zamfara Recruits 1,767 Prayer Warriors •pays Them N10,000 Each / Countdown To Elections - Andy Uba! The Unbeatable Candidate!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.