Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,209 members, 7,873,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:25 PM

Yar’adua: Zamfara Recruits 1,767 Prayer Warriors •pays Them N10,000 Each - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar’adua: Zamfara Recruits 1,767 Prayer Warriors •pays Them N10,000 Each (895 Views)

Ekiti Workers Jubilate As Fayose Pays Them Another Visit Today (photos) / Adamawa To Spend N200 Million On Prayer Warriors, Vigilante To Curb Boko Haram / How Effective Are Our Emergency Numbers (767 And 112) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar’adua: Zamfara Recruits 1,767 Prayer Warriors •pays Them N10,000 Each by newmaster(m): 4:58am On Feb 03, 2010
Yar’Adua: Zamfara recruits 1,767 prayer warriors •Pays them N10,000 each

Written by Muhammed Sabiu
ZAMFARA State government has recruited 1,767 Islamic clerics to pray for the quick recovery of President Umaru Yar’Adua.
Disclosing this at the 481- week Friday preaching in Gusau, the state governor, Alhaji Mahmud Aliyu Shinkafi, said the Islamic clerics would lead the special prayers in the 1,767 Friday Juma’at mosques across the state.

The state, according to Nigerian Tribune findings, will spend about N17.6 million on the prayers as each of the cleric will go home with N10,000 for the service rendered.

Represented by the state Commissioner for Religious Affairs, Sheik Tukur Sani Jangebe, the governor remarked that the prayer session was necessary in view of the present situation the country was passing through.

According to the governor, the health of the president was very important for the survival of the country and, as such, he needed the prayers of Nigerians instead of playing politics with his health.

The governor also directed the Islamic clerics to pray for the victims of the recent Jos mayhem.

Governor Shinkafi advised Muslim Ummah (community) to make good use of the Islamic teachings that said Muslims should promote the culture of peaceful co-existence.

He admonished both Muslims and Christians in the state to remain united and peaceful with each other, stressing that both Islam and Christianity condemned violence

http://www.nigeriannews.com/
Re: Yar’adua: Zamfara Recruits 1,767 Prayer Warriors •pays Them N10,000 Each by antartica(m): 2:44pm On Feb 03, 2010
Degenerates,people that are not mentally fit to herd even goats leads humans(sheep),the likes of obasanjo.
Re: Yar’adua: Zamfara Recruits 1,767 Prayer Warriors •pays Them N10,000 Each by master2(m): 2:49pm On Feb 03, 2010
what a waste of tax payers money angry
Re: Yar’adua: Zamfara Recruits 1,767 Prayer Warriors •pays Them N10,000 Each by sjeezy8: 4:17pm On Feb 03, 2010
haha lmfao. . . . that was a good laugh country full of clowns grin
Re: Yar’adua: Zamfara Recruits 1,767 Prayer Warriors •pays Them N10,000 Each by chosen04(f): 4:21pm On Feb 03, 2010
Its called POVERTY ALLIVATION for all by the yr 2010.

Weldone!
Re: Yar’adua: Zamfara Recruits 1,767 Prayer Warriors •pays Them N10,000 Each by chosen04(f): 4:24pm On Feb 03, 2010
Poster,

Pls change recruits 1,767 prayer warriors to employs 1,767 prayer warriors
Re: Yar’adua: Zamfara Recruits 1,767 Prayer Warriors •pays Them N10,000 Each by ochukoccna: 5:10pm On Feb 03, 2010
newmaster:

ZAMFARA State government has recruited 1,767 Islamic clerics to pray for the quick recovery of  President Umaru Yar’Adua.
Disclosing this at the 481- week Friday preaching in Gusau, the state governor, Alhaji Mahmud Aliyu Shinkafi, said the Islamic clerics would lead the special prayers in the 1,767 Friday Juma’at  mosques across the state.

The state, according to Nigerian Tribune findings, will spend about N17.6 million on the prayers as each of the cleric will go home with N10,000 for the service rendered.

According to the governor, the health of the president was very important for the survival of the country and, as such, he needed the prayers of Nigerians instead of playing politics with his health.
The governor also directed the Islamic clerics to pray for the victims of the recent Jos mayhem.
Joblessness @ it's apogee  embarassed embarassed embarassed
Picture this conversation between two people in the market

Woman1: Mama Zainab, how are you?
Woman2: Fine O my sister.
Woman1: Long time no see. Where are you are rushing off to like this?
Woman2: Have you not heard that our amiable intelligent governor is providing jobs for us all in fulfillment of his campaign promises to us. allah be praised.
Woman1: Is that so? Hey I envy you my friend O! What is your official designation and what ministry are you now? Let me know so I can check you up in to your office.
Woman2: Hem! Hem!
Woman1: Talk now, what is the emming you are doing?
Woman2: My official designation is prayer kwontractor so I guess my office is the central mosque!
Woman1: Hen!
Re: Yar’adua: Zamfara Recruits 1,767 Prayer Warriors •pays Them N10,000 Each by ayo84(m): 5:13pm On Feb 03, 2010
men, this is some real poverty alleviation shit programme
Re: Yar’adua: Zamfara Recruits 1,767 Prayer Warriors •pays Them N10,000 Each by JeSoul(f): 5:13pm On Feb 03, 2010
newmaster:

ZAMFARA State government has recruited 1,767 Islamic clerics to pray for the quick recovery of President Umaru Yar’Adua.
Disclosing this at the 481- week Friday preaching in Gusau, the state governor, Alhaji Mahmud Aliyu Shinkafi, said the Islamic clerics would lead the special prayers in the 1,767 Friday Juma’at mosques across the state.

ROTFLOL . . . just when you think you've heard it all, Nigerians go a level lower into the realm of the ridiculously insane and suprise you.
Re: Yar’adua: Zamfara Recruits 1,767 Prayer Warriors •pays Them N10,000 Each by vigasimple(m): 5:24pm On Feb 03, 2010
PRAYER CONTRACTORS thats what they are called. some insane people leading other insane
Re: Yar’adua: Zamfara Recruits 1,767 Prayer Warriors •pays Them N10,000 Each by edoyad(m): 5:27pm On Feb 03, 2010
This man again ! shocked . He is the same one who married IBB's divorcee daughter who in turn caused a stir in the hausa first-ladydom by dethroning the incumbent firstlady grin grin
Re: Yar’adua: Zamfara Recruits 1,767 Prayer Warriors •pays Them N10,000 Each by bawomolo(m): 5:43pm On Feb 03, 2010
lol prayer warriors getting paid for their services. man must wack
Re: Yar’adua: Zamfara Recruits 1,767 Prayer Warriors •pays Them N10,000 Each by Ikwerre2: 5:48pm On Feb 03, 2010
I weep for my country. grin
Re: Yar’adua: Zamfara Recruits 1,767 Prayer Warriors •pays Them N10,000 Each by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 03, 2010
Madness @ it peak

(1) (Reply)

Bashir Tofa: No Northern Pdp Member Can Defeat Jonathan / INEC Officials Kidnapped / We ’ll Have Another June 12, If… —kanti Bello, Ibb Campaign Manager !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.