Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,652 members, 7,889,114 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:39 PM

We ’ll Have Another June 12, If… —kanti Bello, Ibb Campaign Manager ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We ’ll Have Another June 12, If… —kanti Bello, Ibb Campaign Manager ! (899 Views)

We​’ll Resume Our Struggle If Buhari “draws First Blood” – Asari Dokubo / Our Biggest Mistake Was To Appoint Fani- Kayode As Jonathan’s Campaign Manager / Senator Kanti Bello Attacks Akunyili At Screening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We ’ll Have Another June 12, If… —kanti Bello, Ibb Campaign Manager ! by wales(m): 6:29am On Sep 28, 2010
Senator Kanti Bello, Deputy Director-General of IBB Presidential Campaign Organization has said that Nigeria must reject a repeat of June 12, 1993 presidential election won by the late Chief Moshood Abiola owing to what he described as the sycophancy of most Nigerians that knew the truth then, but chose to look the other way. He spoke with Daily Sun in Abuja. Excerpts:

How is the campaign for General IBB going?
Everything is on course, things are moving okay since he declared and he read what I will call his mission statement. Very unambiguous, clear-cut policy lines, patriotic meaning, youth empowerment among other issues of national importance. Babangida has put on the front burner a mission statement that incorporated economic policies. You see the beauty about IBB, is the fact that you know where he stands. We have nothing to worry about, we will work hard. We only hope that the primaries should be free and fair and INEC should do its duty of oversight to make sure that fairness is effected.

But some states are saying that IBB should not come near them. Even his campaign office in Port Harcourt, Rivers State has been closed down and his rent returned to him.
No. I am not aware of such development. Whoever said so or sponsored such is planting a very bad seed. Ex-governor Peter Odili was with us at the declaration. He cannot be a governor for eight years and you tell me he is nobody in Rivers. In any case, it is even unconstitutional for any Nigerian to say that your right as an individual to campaign would be denied. I want to believe that it is not true but if it is true. If I say nobody should paste any poster of Goodluck in my area, how will it feel? I think if that happens, the danger we were afraid of, we are getting into it.

Which Danger?
The danger of Goodluck running and creating sectional animosity or sectional bad feeling that is dangerous to our corporate survival. This country is formed by nationalities. For anybody whatsoever, no matter his position to say that you cannot campaign or contest in his area, and that would be the height of political recklessness. May be an individual can have a right to say don’t come to my house because it is his own personal property. Rivers State is in Nigeria and I doubt if that is happening anyway. In the same vein many people may not like Jonathan’s posters, but that is not enough to say it should not be pasted or he should not campaign in certain places. Let there be freedom and people should respect democratic ethos.

But it is not Jonathan that said so
Whoever said it, it is intimidation. Who is going to be intimidated, is he not from South -South? Come on, Nigeria is one country, we should be careful of how we run our campaign. We are patriotic Nigerians and we are not going to take nonsense from anybody. The message must be made very clear that anybody who thinks he can just dump any rubbish on us should think again, it is unacceptable.

Jonathan and zoning
Jonathan is not a gentleman, period. Zoning is a constitutional matter in the PDP. My quarrel with Jonathan is not that I don’t like the man. He is a leader of our party, President of our country. There is a constitution of our party which must be respected by every member. He just closed his eyes for his personal ambition instead of being a stabilizing factor. He knows that he wants to take something that is not his own and some greedy Nigerians are shamelessly supporting him. They are trying to curry for favours, thereby becoming very sycophantic and are not telling him the truth.

We have gone through this path before when Abacha created five political parties which the late Bola Ige described as five leprous fingers of Abacha. We have gone through this type of rubbish before as some hungry people believe that whatever any person in government particularly the Head of State or President does is right. This is not helping Nigeria. It is unpatriotic and that is why I quarrel about Jonathan running because I believe I should have a President that is having a moral.

If you sit down the nationalities that form a nation and they agree on something. Then half-way into the implementation of the agreement, you want to renege because of the death of someone that picks you to join him in maintaining the agreement, then he has a moral burden to deal with. That is one of the reasons why I am supporting IBB. I have nothing against Jonathan except that I believe what he is doing is morally wrong. At the higher level of politics, it is beyond something that is written in any constitution or something.

This is what you call morality and government and parties are run based on moralities. If you go to England, there is nothing like Constitution, things are run by what you call moral values. It is only in Nigeria that you find people promoting sectional feelings and not being patriotic, not being honest and doing things that are not fair, simply not fair. What Ken Nnamani and Raymond Dokpesi said and I will repeat it, “it is wrong for Jonathan to run” because it is not within the Constitution, there is moral issue involved. He is the leader of the party and let me be frank with you, I hope they will not help to destroy this country.

Which people?
The people that are thinking that others should not campaign in some places or their own area. If it is true, that is one way of destroying the country. One country, some people or some group of people will say don’t come to our area. Who the hell are they? It is a disgrace.

What about the youth in Abeokuta that scattered the campaign gathering of IBB?
I have no reaction to it, what do you want me to say, to say that what they have done is right or what? It means that they are uncivilized, uncultured if they have done so. It should not be promoted in the 21st century and it is not even in the Electoral Act. Do you mean to tell me that Jonathan is running without the law? Is he encouraging that? Are his supporters encouraging that, that there should be lawlessness in this country? Is that what he calls free and fair election? Don’t expose the man because you are just exposing him.

Is there really morality in politics?
There is morality in politics. Some of us are in politics based on principle and we have morality in politics. Throughout my political life whatever I do, go and crosscheck, I have no fear, whatever I do is on principle and I believe in it and I represent my people. That is what we call morality. If I have an agreement with you, I will honour it. We can’t have a President of a country not honouring agreement between nations, between countries, within his own party. The constitution of his own party, he throws it away and you are saying that the man, God where are we heading? I had never thought that Nigeria would descend so low. We are supposed to come out and tell the man no and that is exactly what IBB is doing and we are supporting him.

What happens where IBB loses or wins election?
I have never joined a losing side in my life, so, ask me what happens when he wins because he is going to win. I have no plan of losing because I don’t want to lose and I am not going to lose and there is no chance of losing whatsoever. Nigerians are accessible people. They are not going to have a President that is not honourable, that cannot keep to a promise and cannot honor the constitution of his party. Why would they give this man the mandate? The PDP will not give him mandate.

Look at it this way, suppose Yar’Adua didn’t die, do you think there would be somebody from the South that the party will support to run for the President? Why do you think that members of the PDP and the party did not support a Northerner in 2003 when Obasanjo was running for second term? It was because the party subsumed in its policy. If Jonathan was not the leader of this party and President, would his joining the race be an issue? It would not have been an issue. Do you know why it is an issue? It is because he is the President of Nigeria and presidents are honourable people.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2010/sept/28/newsbreak-28-09-2010-001.htm

Re: We ’ll Have Another June 12, If… —kanti Bello, Ibb Campaign Manager ! by jamace(m): 7:03am On Sep 28, 2010
What happens where IBB loses or wins election?
I have never joined a losing side in my life, so, ask me what happens when he wins because he is going to win. I have no plan of losing because I don’t want to lose and I am not going to lose and there is no chance of losing whatsoever. Nigerians are accessible people. They are not going to have a President that is not honourable, that cannot keep to a promise and cannot honor the constitution of his party. Why would they give this man the mandate? The PDP will not give him mandate.

Yes, Kanti Bello has never lost in his life before because he is a crook, a do-or-die criminal and lacks the spirit of sportsmanship, 

It is easy to talk the talk, when jungle matures, he will flee this country. Any riff-raff that listens to Kanti Bello, does so at his own risk.
Re: We ’ll Have Another June 12, If… —kanti Bello, Ibb Campaign Manager ! by idupaul: 7:11am On Sep 28, 2010
shat up mr kanti pillow . Its cows like u nigeria does nt want to hear. U even had the guts to say that the nation sat down to choose zoning. Since when did a bunch of 20 old greedy men amount to nationhood. What ever zoning u agreed in someones sittingroom in 99 is ur concern . go and practice zoning with ur sons jare. U think u can threaten us with political up heaval bla bla the nation wil crumble. Let the nation crumble and lets see hw u will eat. I know ur only source of lively is lies in politics where mediocrity is allowed to surpass reasoning.
Re: We ’ll Have Another June 12, If… —kanti Bello, Ibb Campaign Manager ! by semid4lyfe(m): 7:13am On Sep 28, 2010
Senator Kanti Bello and his tribalist & sectional rants! Why am I not surprised?

So in his mind, IBB who anulled a free & fair election, murdered lots of innocent Nigerians, institutionalized corruption etc has morals and is a honourable man?
Kanti Bello and his ilk will be swept away come 2011

It's time for change. . .Vote Goodluck For 2011!
Re: We ’ll Have Another June 12, If… —kanti Bello, Ibb Campaign Manager ! by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 28, 2010
^^

what an ugly, corrupt old punk. No redeeming values at all
Re: We ’ll Have Another June 12, If… —kanti Bello, Ibb Campaign Manager ! by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 28, 2010
ziddy:

^^

what[b] an ugly[/b], corrupt old punk. No redeeming values at all
[b]Very [/b]ugly.
Re: We ’ll Have Another June 12, If… —kanti Bello, Ibb Campaign Manager ! by OAM4J: 7:34am On Sep 28, 2010

liar!

Kanti Bello was on the side of losers who opposed the Installation of Jonathan as Acting President.
Re: We ’ll Have Another June 12, If… —kanti Bello, Ibb Campaign Manager ! by warrior01: 9:14am On Sep 28, 2010
In any case, it is even unconstitutional for any Nigerian to say that your right as an individual to campaign (contest for presidency) would be denied.

Case closed. I wonder why they are now fighting GEJ.
Re: We ’ll Have Another June 12, If… —kanti Bello, Ibb Campaign Manager ! by naso2(m): 9:38am On Sep 28, 2010

Senator Kanti Bello, Deputy Director-General of IBB Presidential Campaign Organization has said that Nigeria must reject a repeat of June 12, 1993 presidential election won by the late Chief Moshood Abiola owing to what he described as the sycophancy of most Nigerians that knew the truth then, but chose to look the other way.

My problem with this man is that he is too dull. How can any sane person in IBB's camp come up with a statement like this, when it is evident that it serves to further discredit IBB?
Re: We ’ll Have Another June 12, If… —kanti Bello, Ibb Campaign Manager ! by Olaolufred(m): 9:47am On Sep 28, 2010
This Northerners sees Nigeria as their personal property.

While we remain tenants to them.

I think it is time to proof that we are not slaves in Nigeria.

How can they rule for 35yrs out of 50 and still keep asking for more.

I think the southern Nigerians should think of her Own country.
Re: We ’ll Have Another June 12, If… —kanti Bello, Ibb Campaign Manager ! by seanet02: 9:47am On Sep 28, 2010
ziddy:

^^

what an ugly, corrupt old punk. No redeeming values at all
not only that, we will reject IBB
Re: We ’ll Have Another June 12, If… —kanti Bello, Ibb Campaign Manager ! by jamace(m): 2:41pm On Sep 28, 2010
Kanti Bello will always cook unpalatable meals from his canteen. Just don't eat from his buka. Period. Nonsense. angry
Re: We ’ll Have Another June 12, If… —kanti Bello, Ibb Campaign Manager ! by Pukkah: 4:13pm On Sep 28, 2010
Olaolufred:

This Northerners sees Nigeria as their personal property.

While we remain tenants to them.

I think it is time to proof that we are not slaves in Nigeria.

How can they rule for 35yrs out of 50 and still keep asking for more.

I think the southern Nigerians should think of her Own country.

Which is why zoning, if at all, should be considered all the way from 1966.

(1) (Reply)

Youths Farmers Association of Nigeria / Obj Inducts Daniel Into The Ibo Papahood / Senator Owie Resigns From Action Congress Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.