Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,019 members, 7,906,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 04:25 PM

Revealed Why Nigeria Produces Quack Graduates - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Revealed Why Nigeria Produces Quack Graduates (557 Views)

I Earn More Than Most University Graduates – Tricyclist Says / You Are A Quack / Female DELSU Graduate Produces Paints For A Living. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Revealed Why Nigeria Produces Quack Graduates by mioadufe(m): 10:31pm On Dec 30, 2016
CAREER CHOICE: PARENTS CONTRIBUTION ( Africa as a case of Study)
And your Lord has commanded that you shall not serve (any) but Him, and goodness to your parents. If either or both of them reach old age with you, say not to them (so much as) "Ugh" nor chide them, and speak to them a generous word. (Surah Al-Isra, Verse 23). I am not conversant with a Bible but I am very much sure their is also a bible verse who wants you to respect your parents.

Lately, problem have surfaced about the mindset of some African parents supporting their son to go to school and study fine courses leaving their belief and the child's dream outside. Most students makes mistakes of choice in their lives from their days in JSS. Imagine a son dreaming of becoming a lawyer and the father wants him to be a doctor by force.

As a small boy of his age has no insight about life but to trust and go on the line of his parents what he gets there and can't pass. Since a small boy brain is sharp and fictional he excels there and later develops a passion of becoming a doctor.

Since he is living by another man's dream, he might loss focus and passion for what he is doing and fail. Even if he doesn't fail he can never make a first class and expect something good from the course of study because it's not his dream.

Can we all dream of becoming big, rarely will you see a Nigerian parent supporting his son who wants to become a drummer and shun tertiary education. Some are in this life to rule while some are in this life to follow laws while some are just to abide by regulations. The Nigeria parents of nowadays tends to restrict their wards from becoming a great leader. It's a rare case to see a Nigerian parent supporting his son to join any student unionism struggle, and they also protest.

This keeps me wondering where are the future leaders? Why won't Nigeria produce quack graduates when the students are not really in love with their course of study and most of them are pushed to study courses with names when their parents even know they can't perform efficiently there. I Wonder where we are going to. Thinking so hard about life...

Your views about career choice, because Nigeria parents tags a child with a dream of leading a jobless thief or rather an executive thief.
Parents on NL
Can you sponsor your child's campaign as an aspirant for any SU post?

©IYANDA M. O

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Excuse? Meet The Pretty Lady Who Drives Keke To Sponsor Herself Thr / Be Your Own Boss / Right Now A Career In Web Design & Development Is Really Paying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.