Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,127 members, 7,887,257 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:59 AM

Christianity Does Not Require Good Behaviour - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity Does Not Require Good Behaviour (959 Views)

Do Traditional Religions Teach Love Like Christianity Does / Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does / Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity Does Not Require Good Behaviour by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 01, 2017
In Christianity you are saved by grace through faith . As part of the elect it is impossible for you to be damned because God has predestined that it be so.

Good behaviour is not paramount to salvation, just Faith in Jesus , his death and resurrection.

So keep sinning, right up to the grave and Jesus will forgive you no matter how cruel and evil , no matter how depraved and immoral, and no matter how filthy and wicked you are. Its not about behaviour remember, its about faith in the finished work of the cross.

Therefore , all non-Christian well behaved people are going to be damned for ever because they had no faith in Jesus , to hell with their good behaviour who cares anyway.

How convenient Christianity is I would say.

1 Like

Re: Christianity Does Not Require Good Behaviour by randomperson: 2:27pm On Jan 01, 2017
Very convenient.... If a serial murderer and rapist gives his life to Jesus two minutes to his death, he balls in heaven for eternity, meanwhile, if a person who dedicates his whole life or resources to humanitarian services doesn't believe in Jesus, all the good deeds are irrelevant, he burns for all eternity...

1 Like

Re: Christianity Does Not Require Good Behaviour by jonbellion(m): 2:30pm On Jan 01, 2017
Lol
The comedy that is organised religion

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Does Not Require Good Behaviour by Redoil: 2:53pm On Jan 01, 2017
Frosbel is thatt you or ur clown

1 Like

Re: Christianity Does Not Require Good Behaviour by ifenes(m): 4:56pm On Jan 01, 2017
frosbel2:
In Christianity you are saved by grace through faith . As part of the elect it is impossible for you to be damned because God has predestined that it be so.

Good behaviour is not paramount to salvation, just Faith in Jesus , his death and resurrection.

So keep sinning, right up to the grave and Jesus will forgive you no matter how cruel and evil , no matter how depraved and immoral, and no matter how filthy and wicked you are. Its not about behaviour remember, its about faith in the finished work of the cross.

Therefore , all non-Christian well behaved people are going to be damned for ever because they had no faith in Jesus , to hell with their good behaviour who cares anyway.

If you understood what Jesus means now as an ex Christian, you should enlighten your formal colleagues.

Jesus is the self, every individual. Dying and rising from the dead is a metaphor for being intellectually dead and later on gaining enlightenment. Christians( Christ followers) have been miseducated to think they are different from Christ. Knowing this sheds more light on the misunderstood teachings of the secret knowledge
Re: Christianity Does Not Require Good Behaviour by Makaveli08: 7:52pm On Jan 01, 2017
Faith without works is dead, if nothing is produced by that faith - then it is not genuine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christianity Does Not Require Good Behaviour by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 01, 2017
Makaveli08:
Faith without works is dead, if nothing is produced by that faith - then it is not genuine.

Tell that to the Calvinists or followers of John MacArthur who believe that once saved always saved no matter the crime or the modern day christians who sin again and again and again because after all they are saved by grace through faith. I have seen too much of this hypocrisy to even bother with these people.

This is where God stands irrespective of our background ; "But to this one I will look, To him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word " - Isaiah 66:2
Re: Christianity Does Not Require Good Behaviour by Makaveli08: 11:00pm On Jan 01, 2017
frosbel2:

Tell that to the Calvinists or followers of John MacArthur who believe that once saved always saved no matter the crime or the modern day christians who sin again and again and again because after all they are saved by grace through faith. I have seen too much of this hypocrisy to even bother with these people.

This is where God stands irrespective of our background ; "But to this one I will look, To him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word " - Isaiah 66:2

I'm not a calvinist, but what you wrote doesn't seem to be their position. For example - John MacArthur had the following to say on his sermon on the doctrine known as the perseverance of the saints: https://www.gty.org/resources/sermons/90-270/The-Perseverance-of-the-Saints-Part-1

"Secondly, it is important to understand that not only does perseverance not mean perfection, but it also does not mean that anyone and everyone who “accepts” Christ can therefore live any way they like without any fear of hell. It is not enough to have a superficial faith in Christ. It is not enough to have a superficial commitment to Christ, a superficial interest in Christ. It is not enough to have some good feelings about Jesus and make some momentary commitment to him. That is not what the Westminster Confession was saying. And that is why - this is important - the correct way to describe this doctrine is the “perseverance of the saints” rather than “eternal security.” It is not just that we are eternally secure, it is that we are eternally secure because our faith perseveres. In John 8:31-32 , Jesus said, “You’re my true disciple if you continue in my Word.” True disciples continue in faith and they don’t live like non-believers. Backed by their fruits, you can know them, because as Ephesians 2 says, “For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. We are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we would walk in them.” A person who’s “accepted” Jesus, made a decision for Jesus, prayed a prayer, and goes on to live in a sinful pattern of life with no fear of hell because they think they’re eternally secure is deluded. That’s why we have to be careful when we talk about the doctrine of eternal security as if the one prayer makes you forever secure. And by the way, this is what is taught by many people. All those people who deny the doctrine of the Lordship of Christ, all those non-Lordship people, affirm that one prayer prayed one time makes you eternally secure without perseverance. That is a misrepresentation of what scripture teaches and that’s why I wrote the book The Gospel According to Jesus and the follow up, The Gospel According to the Apostles. That is not true."

He says the same thing in his book "The Gospel According to Jesus: What Is Authentic Faith?" :

I am committed to the biblical truth that salvation is forever.5 Contemporary Christians have come to refer to this as the doctrine of eternal security. Perhaps the Reformers’ terminology is more appropriate; they spoke of the perseverance of the saints. The point is not that God guarantees heaven to everyone who professes faith in Christ, but rather that those whose faith is genuine will never totally or finally fall away from Christ. They will persevere in grace unto the very end. Even if they fall into grievous sins or continue in sin for a time, they will never abandon the faith completely. A. W. Pink, writing on this subject, says, “[God] does not deal with [believers] as unaccountable automatons, but as moral agents, just as their natural life is maintained through their use of means and by their avoidance of that which is inimical to their well-being, so it is with the maintenance and preservation of their spiritual lives. God preserves His people in this world through their perseverance.”6 True believers will persevere. Professing Christians who turn against the Lord only prove that they were never truly saved. As the apostle John wrote, “They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, in order that it might be shown that they all are not of us” (1 John 2:19). No matter how convincing a person’s testimony might seem, once that person becomes apostate, he or she demonstrates irrefutably that the testimony was hypocritical and the professed salvation was spurious. (The Gospel According to Jesus by John MacArthur, pg 109)

This doesn't fit with what you wrote. According to you Calvinists teach that those who are saved could have gone about doing whatever they want - turning their hearts completely away from God and sinning again and again with a mindset that said "I'm saved already, so I can sin all I want." There's no commitment , no repentance, no work of God through the Holy spirit, just a confession of faith that you believe this about Jesus and that's it - that's not genuine faith and I'm sure any calvinist will tell you that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christianity Does Not Require Good Behaviour by truthislight: 1:48pm On Jan 05, 2017
frosbel2:

That would amount to self deceit based on what the Bible says:

Faith without works is dead.

James 2;26
26 Indeed, just as the body without spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

James 2:24
24 You see that a man is to be declared righteous by works and not by faith alone.

Those having such believes like you stated are merely deceiving themselves.

Peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christianity Does Not Require Good Behaviour by Scholar8200(m): 5:09pm On Jan 05, 2017
frosbel2:

Since you know the highlighted, why the generalisation in your Topic?
Re: Christianity Does Not Require Good Behaviour by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 05, 2017
If Christianity were that convenient, I would agree with u..but it is not.
No..Christians cannot keep sinning..and still enter the kingdom of God.
1Cor. 6: 9-10 says, "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall NOT inherit the kingdom of God? Be NOT deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners shall inherit the kingdom of God."
The doctrine of "once saved-always saved" is false
You will run across many false witnesses and doctrines in Christianity.. which is why u should pray & ask for the Holy Spirit to guide u into all wisdom, knowledge & understanding.

frosbel2:

(1) (Reply)

Flash: Muslim Terrorism Does Not Exist - Pope Francis / Consider The Severity Of God ( Romans 11:22 ) - Paul Ellis / Acadip Lies Part Eight; Jesus Being God , Son Of God , Son Of Man, Servant of Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.