Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,920 members, 7,872,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:42 AM

Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion - Religion (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion (53207 Views)

Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? / Atheism Is A Religion / Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:38am On Jan 10, 2017
babseg:

That's the mistake with the big bang theory in which I don't buy into.

Time has been in existence before the universe. The time you are only talking about is the time the universe was created. Have you asked yourself this question that HOW LONG WAS IT BEFORE THE BIG BANG

You are missing something bro .

Time is a component of this universe and time didn't exist before this universe , so you can't ask how long it took before the Big Bang .
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by davinchecodes(m): 9:42am On Jan 10, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Have you read the book ?
Yes
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:45am On Jan 10, 2017
davinchecodes:

Yes

So do you have the book with you ?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by babseg(m): 9:52am On Jan 10, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

You are missing something bro .

Time is a component of this universe and time didn't exist before this universe , so you can't ask how long it took before the Big Bang .

Time has always been it will ever be.
GOD IS TIME
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by davinchecodes(m): 9:55am On Jan 10, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

No
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by davinchecodes(m): 9:57am On Jan 10, 2017
DoctorAlien:

What is time?
babseg:

Time has always been it will ever be.
GOD IS TIME
KingEbukasBlog:

Seun

Here's a video talking about universe from nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ImvlS8PLIo
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by babseg(m): 9:59am On Jan 10, 2017
davinchecodes:

Seun

I know krauss he's an Atheist
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:59am On Jan 10, 2017
davinchecodes:

No

How can you prove that you have read the book ?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by davinchecodes(m): 10:02am On Jan 10, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

How can you prove that you have read the book ?
Do I need to prove that again?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by davinchecodes(m): 10:04am On Jan 10, 2017
babseg:

I know krauss he's an Atheist
So what did you learn from the video?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by babseg(m): 10:06am On Jan 10, 2017
davinchecodes:

See my guy I know all these guys, I listen them but my argument is about the big bang theory. It's the most ridiculous theory ever

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by babseg(m): 10:11am On Jan 10, 2017
davinchecodes:

Please make sure you watch this video it's only 3min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JxvoSV2plQ
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by davinchecodes(m): 10:15am On Jan 10, 2017
babseg:

See my guy I know all these guys, I listen them but my argument is about the big bang theory. It's the most ridiculous theory ever
Big-bang has been proven.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by babseg(m): 10:24am On Jan 10, 2017
davinchecodes:

Big-bang has been proven.

grin worst theory ever. I thought flat earth was the worst.

Please take time to think. I guess you don't fully understood the theory, if you do will have lots of questions going on in your mind.

1. Creation of the universe from nothing.

2. Time only started simultaneously with the big bang. This is where you should think.

3. They said that the big bang started from a high condensed tiny point (see contradiction ) which spilled everything out to create the first element.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:25am On Jan 10, 2017
davinchecodes:

Seun

I hope you know Lawrence Krauss was talking about a totally different 'nothing '. He calls energy of empty space 'nothing' but he failed abysmally to realize that empty space or prior quantum states are not 'nothing' - those are something . cheesy

There are so many things Krauss did not address in his book : why the laws of physics exist, why they have the form they have, or in what kind of manifestation they existed before the universe existed . He didn't tell us where the laws of quantum mechanics come from too .

In short , read the critique of his book from David Albert . Funny enough the critic , David Albert , is a fellow atheist cheesy

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/25/books/review/a-universe-from-nothing-by-lawrence-m-krauss.html

In summary , the book was just based on conjectures .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by babseg(m): 10:28am On Jan 10, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I hope you know Lawrence Krauss was talking about a totally different 'nothing '. He calls energy of empty space 'nothing' but he failed abysmally to realize that empty space or prior quantum states are not 'nothing' - those are something . cheesy

There are so many things Krauss did not address in his book : why the laws of physics exist, why they have the form they have, or in what kind of manifestation they existed before the universe existed . He didn't tell us where the laws of quantum mechanics come from too .

In short , read the critique of his book from fellow David Albert . Funny enough the critic , David Albert , is a fellow atheist cheesy

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/25/books/review/a-universe-from-nothing-by-lawrence-m-krauss.html

In summary , the book was just based on conjectures .

There's a big problem with the big bang theory grin
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by jonbellion(m): 11:08am On Jan 10, 2017
babseg:

There's a big problem with the big bang theory grin
and what problem might that be
-the universe is expanding
-the cosmic microwave background
-Red shift of light
-The abundance of elements in the universe
-the finite speed of light
All these point to the sane conclusion the the universe must have started at a point which buy the way is not an explosion undecided
If you have anything better that explains all these I mentioned better go and get your scientific papers peer reviewed and show that
almost a centuries worth of evidence are false
Good luck with that smiley
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by babseg(m): 11:43am On Jan 10, 2017
jonbellion:
and what problem might that be
-the universe is expanding
-the cosmic microwave background
-Red shift of light
-The abundance of elements in the universe
-the finite speed of light
All these point to the sane conclusion the the universe must have started at a point which buy the way is not an explosion undecided
If you have anything better that explains all these I mentioned better go and get your scientific papers peer reviewed and show that
almost a centuries worth of evidence are false
Good luck with that smiley

You just shot yourself in the foot. This is one fact that makes big bang theory silly.

If the universe is expanding can you please tell me where it's expanding into?

If the universe started at a point on which plane was the point located and have you ever thought of what was outside the point?. It big bang theory that says time, space and matter all happened at once.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:53am On Jan 10, 2017
babseg:

You just shot yourself in the foot. This is one fact that makes big bang theory silly.

If the universe started at a point on which plane was the point located and have you ever thought of what was outside the point?. It big bang theory that says time, space and matter all happened at once.

Spot on

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by jonbellion(m): 1:32pm On Jan 10, 2017
babseg:

what the hell undecided
Do you even science
It's larger than what it was before
Mr man the universe is about 13 billion years old
In its easy stages all the matter was really cramped up together that atoms wouldn't be able to form
Now that the universe is cooler the leftover light from that early era is still existent but are now exist as faint microwaves all over the universe. This was predicted by the theory and is now a legit fact
Disprove the cosmic microwave background and you have torn apart the scientific mainstream model for the birth of the universe
When we look into space we are looking back in time so basically telescopes that can spot light billions of light-years away where e can see clouds and gas that have not formed into galaxies- which btw is excacrlu what we see
Mr man the big bang does not disprove god
The big bang does not even show what happened before the big bang cuz the laws of physics get a little woozy here
Delusional people say its the Abrahamic God that was the cause the big bang but they like to hide under diestic views
The sensible people like the diests say its God but they do not look at god as an anthropomorphic entity like the christians
*facepalm*
Agnostics like myself say we don't know
Some athiests say it started itself........
The bottom line is that at least from the evidence we know we are on the right track

2 Likes

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by AlPeter: 1:34pm On Jan 10, 2017
babseg:

That's the mistake with the big bang theory in which I don't buy into.

Time has been in existence before the universe. The time you are only talking about is the time the universe was created. Have you asked yourself this question that HOW LONG WAS IT BEFORE THE BIG BANG

Wow, Can I ask the question; what is time?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by babseg(m): 2:12pm On Jan 10, 2017
AlPeter:
Wow, Can I ask the question; what is time?

it is a phenomenon that has been, which we are still experiencing and which will forever be.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by babseg(m): 2:19pm On Jan 10, 2017
jonbellion:
what the hell undecided
Do you even science
In its easy stages all the matter was really cramped up together that atoms wouldn't be able to form
Now that the universe is cooler the leftover light from that early era is still existent but are now exist as faint microwaves all over the universe. This was predicted by the theory and is now a legit fact
Disprove the cosmic microwave background and you have torn apart the scientific mainstream model for the birth of the universe
When we look into space we are looking back in time so basically telescopes that can spot light billions of light-years away where e can see clouds and gas that have not formed into galaxies- which btw is excacrlu what we see
The big bang does not even show what happened before the big bang cuz the laws of physics get a little woozy here
Delusional people say its the Abrahamic God that was the cause the big bang but they like to hide under diestic views
The sensible people like the diests say its God but they do not look at god as an anthropomorphic entity like the christians
*facepalm*
The bottom line is that at least from the evidence we know we are on the right track

I will only talk about the bold because the rest is what we are experiencing after the existence of the universe.

1. I know science.

2. the age of the universe has nothing to do with your explanation.

3. if you yourself know science you wont say all the matter were cramped together. why did big bang theory claimed that the universe was created from nothing
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by babseg(m): 2:20pm On Jan 10, 2017
jonbellion:
what the hell undecided
Do you even science
*facepalm*

I will only talk about the bold because the rest is what we are experirnicng after the existence of the universer.

1. I know science.

3. if you yourself know science you wont say all the matter were cramped together. why did big bang theory claimed that the universe was created from nothing
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by jonbellion(m): 2:30pm On Jan 10, 2017
babseg:

I will only talk about the bold because the rest is what we are experiencing after the existence of the universe.

1. I know science.

thy big bang theory never claimed that naa
The athiests claim
that
Don't mix it up bro
The big bang theory is a model of the history of the universe not what caused it to begin
In the beginning there was a question mark
All else followed
The end
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by jonbellion(m): 2:36pm On Jan 10, 2017
babseg:

I will only talk about the bold because the rest is what we are experirnicng after the existence of the universer.

1. I know science.

and yes the age of the universe has something to do with my explanation because i expaned that whenever we look up into space we are looking back in time
It takes 8 minutes for the suns light to reach earth
We are seeing the sun as it was 8 minutes ago
Our second closest star proxima centuri is 4
Light years away
We are seeing it as it was 4 years ago
If it explodes right now we wouldn't know from viewing the light it reflects but through other means but it would look asif it's still there
When you go as far back as light of 13 billion light years you see the universe at its earliest stages with gas clouds and stiuff that haven't become legit contents of the modern universe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by babseg(m): 2:55pm On Jan 10, 2017
jonbellion:
thy big bang theory never claimed that naa
The athiests claim
that
Don't mix it up bro
The big bang theory is a model of the history of the universe not what caused it to begin
In the beginning there was a question mark
All else followed
The end

I guessed you cant defend this theory any more

The Big Bang theory is the prevailing cosmological model for the universe from the earliest known periods through its subsequent large-scale evolution.[1][2][3] The model accounts for the fact that the universe expanded from a very high density and high temperature state

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang

Just copied that for you from wiki

Big Bang Theory - The Premise
The Big Bang theory is an effort to explain what happened at the very beginning of our universe. Discoveries in astronomy and physics have shown beyond a reasonable doubt that our universe did in fact have a beginning. Prior to that moment there was nothing; during and after that moment there was something: our universe. The big bang theory is an effort to explain what happened during and after that moment.

http://www.big-bang-theory.com/

you said all were cramped up.

Wiki says the universe expanded from a very high density and high temperature state.

I say the theory is rubbish because from the definition of density which is mass/volume.

so what is mass?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by babseg(m): 3:00pm On Jan 10, 2017
jonbellion:
and yes the age of the universe has something to do with my explanation because i expaned that whenever we look up into space we are looking back in time
It takes 8 minutes for the suns light to reach earth
We are seeing the sun as it was 8 minutes ago
Our second closest star proxima centuri is 4
Light years away
We are seeing it as it was 4 years ago
If it explodes right now we wouldn't know from viewing the light it reflects but through other means but it would look asif it's still there
When you go as far back as light of 13 billion light years you see the universe at its earliest stages with gas clouds and stiuff that haven't become legit contents of the modern universe

jeez this how people fail in exams. i wasn't asking the aftermath of the existence of the universe. just explain big bang (like how 'it' got the stuff to make space time and matter if it was created from nothing?)

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by jonbellion(m): 3:07pm On Jan 10, 2017
babseg:

jeez this how people fail in exams. i wasn't asking the aftermath of the existence of the universe. just explain big bang (like how 'it' got the stuff to make space time and matter if it was created from nothing?)
smh
What part of we don't know what happened before that do you not understand
Every explanation before that period is just an assumption
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by MrMontella(m): 4:36pm On Jan 10, 2017
babseg:

it is a phenomenon that has been, which we are still experiencing and which will forever be.
this is the only thing you say..that i sort of agree on.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by babseg(m): 4:37pm On Jan 10, 2017
MrMontella:

this is the only thing you say..that i sort of agree on.

shocked shocked
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by MrMontella(m): 4:50pm On Jan 10, 2017
babseg:

the proposed singularity is not nothing...

Thats one mistake you're reading into the theory...

As for mass...mass is just a measure of the matter in a body

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (30) (Reply)

TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) / Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) / Before And After Photos Of 'Mad' Man Who Regained Sanity In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.