Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,191 members, 7,932,045 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 04:58 PM

Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola (9320 Views)

Can We Now Have State Police That The PDP Has Denied Us For 16yrs! / Obasanjo Tears PDP Membership Card In Pictures / Dont Remove Fuel Subsidy, Allow State To Have State Fuel Taxes by Musiwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by babapupa: 10:45pm On Nov 24, 2009
mekusxxx:

BP,

See how it works. A Yoruba official in the proposed ID office will collect money from an Igbo trader in Alaba, take his digital passport photo and other necessary details required for a biometric document, and then give him the processed ID, with a Yoruba name on it. No be Yoruba man again? Your ear still dey pain you?

You fit give person headache with your rubbish.

Btw, what's required for a biometric document,
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by tubabie(f): 10:55pm On Nov 24, 2009
babapupa:

Btw, what's required for a biometric document,

Your finger prints and a clear picture of your whole face with your ears showing
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by mekusxxx: 11:06pm On Nov 24, 2009
tubabie:

Your finger prints and a clear picture of your whole face with your ears showing

Thanks for helping BP. Fingerprint no get tribe. Yoruba ID official collect owo from Igbo trader, take his photo and fingerprint and baptize him with a Yoruba name. Shikena. Bottom line, tackle bribery and corruption first before these things. I read somewhere that many citizens of Niger Republic now hold Nigeria's Biometric passport.
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by babapupa: 11:15pm On Nov 24, 2009
tubabie:

i know, I was asking the clueless guy. The point I was trying to make is, You can not fool biometrics, It's like trying to fool your DNA and they have scanners to detect fakes.
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by babapupa: 11:23pm On Nov 24, 2009
mekusxxx:

Thanks for helping BP. Fingerprint no get tribe. Yoruba ID official collect owo from Igbo trader, take his photo and fingerprint and baptize him with a Yoruba name. Shikena. Bottom line, tackle bribery and corruption first before these things. I read somewhere that many citizens of Niger Republic now hold Nigeria's Biometric passport.

Ode, faking documents is not a new thing, even here in the US, they fake everything from drivers license to passports and it's still not preventing them from developing, advancing and reaping the immense benefits it provides.

Some of you negative folks think like cave men I swear, No way naija no go remain backward with warped thinking people like you in power.

It's like your whole existence is based on self defeatist and can't do attitude. I wonder how you go trough life gan sef,
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by mekusxxx: 11:56pm On Nov 24, 2009
BP,

Follow the trend. My first question was, is the ID for residents or for citizens of Lagos? If for residents then it is ok for all Residents. If for citizens, then it won't work (for the purpose it is being created) because of forgery. Instead of being realistic you are talking about negativity? If you prevent an hausa who has been living in Lagos and paying taxes in Lagos and can speak Yoruba from getting the ID card from the official source, then he can get it by bribing. His fingerprint does not say he is hausa. Stop thinking that any opposing view is against you or your interest. This is a forum, ok?
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by Flavio: 12:00am On Nov 25, 2009
cool
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by tunde300us(m): 12:04am On Nov 25, 2009
@meksuzzz: No one said they wanted to do an ID card for yoruba residents,its suppose to be for all lagos residents,i was just wondering why u think anyone will pay money for an ID card that will make him pay TAX by force.atleast not the igbo man dat i know
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by mekusxxx: 12:04am On Nov 25, 2009
Flavio:

Can you identify your self, also please tender evidence of your claim and status.

Regards

Can you lead by example? Id yourself then I will follow. Regards too.
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by mekusxxx: 12:06am On Nov 25, 2009
tunde300us:

@meksuzzz: No one said they wanted to do an ID card for yoruba residents,its suppose to be for all lagos residents,i was just wondering why u think anyone will pay money for an ID card that will make him pay TAX by force.atleast not the igbo man dat i know

Good to hear it is for all residents. Why do people from Niger republic bribe to get naija passport? With or without ID do Lagosians not pay tax?
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by babapupa: 1:23am On Nov 25, 2009
mekusxxx:

BP,

Follow the trend. My first question was, is the ID for residents or for citizens of Lagos? If for residents then it is ok for all Residents. If for citizens, then it won't work (for the purpose it is being created) because of forgery. Instead of being realistic you are talking about negativity? If you prevent an hausa who has been living in Lagos and paying taxes in Lagos and can speak Yoruba from getting the ID card from the official source, then he can get it by bribing. His fingerprint does not say he is hausa. Stop thinking that any opposing view is against you or your interest. This is a forum, ok?

Being realistic is realizing that there is no way to prevent faking.

They fake documents all over the world and it shouldn't stop any responsible government from going ahead with innovations like ID system, the benefits is immeasurable in terms of tax system, data and statistics, law enforcement and public safety, credit system, employment and many more.

So, why are you going on and on about fake Nigerian passports in Niger?

You're not being realistic, you're simply hopelessly paranoid,
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by smile4kenn(m): 1:26am On Nov 25, 2009
Nobody can hack Lagos state's database when this ID is implemented,

They can employ the best of the bests yahoo boys to help protect and secure their database
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by mekusxxx: 1:32am On Nov 25, 2009
babapupa:

Being realistic is realizing that there is no way to prevent faking.

They fake documents all over the world and it shouldn't stop any responsible government from going ahead with innovations like ID system, the benefits is immeasurable in terms of tax system, data and statistics, law enforcement and public safety, credit system, employment and many more.

So, why are you going on and on about fake Nigerian passports in Niger?

You're not being realistic, you're simply hopelessly paranoid,

You are a lesson in contradiction. You were the one who said Lagos ID cant be faked because it is going to be biometric and I was letting you know it can, one way or the other. Stop getting so easily confused. grin
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by babapupa: 1:39am On Nov 25, 2009
mekusxxx:

You are a lesson in contradiction. You were the one who said Lagos ID cant be faked because it is going to be biometric and I was letting you know it can, one way or the other. Stop getting so easily confused. grin

So, you can fake other people's unique genetic ID right?

It's biometrics for a reason and they have scanners to detect fakes. I know your angle is tribal but please, stop going on and on like an illiterate,
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by mekusxxx: 1:42am On Nov 25, 2009
babapupa:

So, you can fake other people's unique genetic ID right?

It's biometrics for a reason and they have scanners to detect fakes. I know your angle is tribal but please, stop going on and on like an illiterate,

Read one way or the other. Somebody who is not supposed to get the ID can get it. It does not have to be fake in itself, but it becomes so when in the wrong hands like I have explained. That is my simple logic. Live with it or take a plunge.
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by babapupa: 2:04am On Nov 25, 2009
mekusxxx:

Read one way or the other. Somebody who is not supposed to get the ID can get it. It does not have to be fake in itself, but it becomes so when in the wrong hands like I have explained. That is my simple logic. Live with it or take a plunge.

Ok, let's start from here,

Who is not supposed to get it?

And

Who is supposed to get it?

How is it going to get in the wrong hands?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your logic,
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by mekusxxx: 2:16am On Nov 25, 2009
BP,

First of all, is the ID for Lagos residents or Lagos citizens?
If for all residents then it is cool (1)
If citizens only, then it is not cool (2)
If 2, then a resident (non-citizen) who has lived in Lagos and pays his taxes for years may not take it kindly, especially if there is a benefit to owning the Id. He will get his own Id by any means possible, such as:

bribing the Lagos officials who are in charge; the officials take the resident's photo and fingerprint and eventually issues him with the ID. This has simply defeated the purpose for the ID, if the case is 1 above. This is the case with the current naija passport which is meant for Nigerian alone but which has now been isssued to other nationals by corrupt officials. So Lagos should first of all work on anything that will negate the purpose of the Id before proceeding.
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by mekusxxx: 2:17am On Nov 25, 2009
Using the logic above, even a non-resident (for e.g. an hausa man in Kano) can get the ID, if he thinks it will serve his purpose.
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by babapupa: 2:26am On Nov 25, 2009
mekusxxx:

BP,

First of all, is the ID for Lagos residents or Lagos citizens?
If for all residents then it is cool (1)
If citizens only, then it is not cool (2)
If 2, then a resident (non-citizen) who has lived in Lagos and pays his taxes for years may not take it kindly, especially if there is a benefit to owning the Id. He will get his own Id by any means possible, such as:

bribing the Lagos officials who are in charge; the officials take the resident's photo and fingerprint and eventually issues him with the ID. This has simply defeated the purpose for the ID, if the case is 1 above. This is the case with the current naija passport which is meant for Nigerian alone but which has now been isssued to other nationals by corrupt officials. So Lagos should first of all work on anything that will negate the purpose of the Id before proceeding.

Ok, Thanks for the clarification.

Now, what do you want the state to do?
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by mekusxxx: 2:28am On Nov 25, 2009
Lagos needs to define who the ID is for, then we (they) can take it from there. It seems it is for residents and I support it 10000%. But how will Lagos prevent me, a non-resident, from getting the ID? They should sort that out.
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by babapupa: 2:35am On Nov 25, 2009
mekusxxx:

Lagos needs to define who the ID is for, then we (they) can take it from there. It seems it is for residents and I support it 10000%. But how will Lagos prevent me, a non-resident, from getting the ID? They should sort that out.

Thanks, I see what you're saying.

So, defining who the ID is or not for will prevent faking?
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by mekusxxx: 2:37am On Nov 25, 2009
babapupa:

Thanks, I see what you're saying.

So, defining who the ID is or not for will prevent faking?

ARE YOU KIDDING?
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by babapupa: 2:44am On Nov 25, 2009
mekusxxx:

ARE YOU KIDDING?

Kidding ke?

No, just trying to get to the bottom of the faking thing and figure out what the state should do to prevent faking,
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by mekusxxx: 2:48am On Nov 25, 2009
Lagos should be able to figure something out, a tall order I must add, given the pervasive corruption in Nigeria. I can proffer some suggestions, but definitely not in NL as Mekusxxx. It has to be the real me so that I can get credit for my work grin
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by babapupa: 2:59am On Nov 25, 2009
mekusxxx:

Lagos should be able to figure something out, a tall order I must add, given the pervasive corruption in Nigeria. I can proffer some suggestions, but definitely not in NL as Mekusxxx. It has to be the real me so that I can get credit for my work grin

See how I let you hang yourself?

Basically, you don't know wtf you're talking about or have any freeking solution, as usual, you're just running your mouth off just for the heck of it or to expose your ignorance and backward ways of thinking,

Why not just stick to your tribal rantings and paranoia and stay away from complicated issues like state IDs.

Ode university of employment, lmao.
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by mekusxxx: 3:18am On Nov 25, 2009
Ode buruku,

How did you let me hang myself? You mean if you have a serious solution to proffer for Nigeria it will be on the internet, on NL for that matter and with a fake name? How old are you sef? Give me Fasola's number and I can talk with him as mates.
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by stede(m): 3:27am On Nov 25, 2009
what for. will it prevent migration into Lagos
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by igboboy1(m): 8:19am On Nov 25, 2009
smile4kenn:

Nobody can hack Lagos state's database when this ID is implemented,

They can employ the best of the bests yahoo boys to help protect and secure their database

grin grin
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by KunleOshob(m): 9:16am On Nov 25, 2009
I am suprised NLs have not been able to detect that this I.D card scheme is just part of a more elaborate plan by the Lagos state goverment to increase it's tax revenue by having a comprhenesive data base of all taxable adults in Lagos state they would be more easily be able to monitor who is paying taxes and who is no They would also be able to assess if taxes being paid are commensurate with income.
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by keyremotes(m): 9:39am On Nov 25, 2009
We should all look at the end.
Frustration is right by the corner.
I bet you all.
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by Ben13: 10:02am On Nov 25, 2009
Tax payers money is going in again.
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by nuesaweso(f): 10:35am On Nov 25, 2009
@Mekusxx,

I was looking for ur posts in the jokes section, didnt know u'r here. Thanks for making my day!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message / IGP, 3000 Policemen For Jonathan’s Visit To Borno, Yobe / Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.