Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,200 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:50 AM

Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) (70130 Views)

Adeboye Prays For Joshua Mike-Bamiloye & Tolulope Mary Odesola At Their Wedding / Joshua Bamiloye And Tolulope Odesola Wedding Pictures / Joshua Bamiloye Weds Tolulope Mary Odesola (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by AngelicBeing: 8:19pm On Jan 07, 2017
cool
Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by Sheguama: 8:19pm On Jan 07, 2017
4reala:
God bless Daddy, and bless the newly appointed with double portion of annointing in jesus Name.

Amen. In Jesus name

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by Pavore9: 8:19pm On Jan 07, 2017
timmydavids:
Why are they on their kneels and baba is seated? #justasking

One can not ignore culture.

4 Likes

Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by saints2(f): 8:19pm On Jan 07, 2017
buygala:

That's what they call uneccesary arselicking.....Get that right

Even Jesus' disciples didn't speak to him on their knees undecided

Since you are suddenly so 'respectful', when last did you have a lengthy discussion with your mum, who carried you in her belly and gave birth to you, while on your knees?

Let me ask you a simple question... What tribe are you from? I know Yorubas dont talk to their elders standing. Pastor Adeboye is an elder, their pastor and their role model.. So whats the fuss in kneeling down to greet him?

6 Likes

Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by iamawara(m): 8:20pm On Jan 07, 2017
Ministers of God smiley grin grin grin
Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by oloriooko(m): 8:20pm On Jan 07, 2017
Bowing to greet the mog is good enough but this kneeling is becoming a norm among Pentecostal pastors these days, why undecided
Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by claremont(m): 8:20pm On Jan 07, 2017
They shouldn't be on their knees, he is not royalty. I'm guessing that in certain parts of Nigeria, it is customary for subordinates to kneel before royalty, but he isn't one.
Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by puresoul1(m): 8:20pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pavore9:

even his children won't last this long on thier knee

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by totalhouse(m): 8:21pm On Jan 07, 2017
Other denominations also affected with the law are Deeperlife Bible church, living faith church (aka winners chapel), mfm, latter rain assembly, trem, and I suspect daystar may also be affected.....
Waiting for the Nigeria overseers of these above denominations.. The church is matching on....
Bishop Abioye looks good and prepared for winners chapel.
Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by buygala(m): 8:22pm On Jan 07, 2017
saints2:

Let me ask you a simple question... What tribe are you from? I know Yorubas dont talk to their elders standing. Pastor Adeboye is an elder, their pastor and their role model.. So whats the fuss in kneeling down to greet him?

I am purely Yoruba...and yes. ..I genuflect when greeting my elders. ...but I have NEVER had to kneel down while I am being addressed by an elder.....My body language and low voice gives him all the respect he deserves sad

13 Likes

Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by DrayZee: 8:25pm On Jan 07, 2017
buygala:

Since you are suddenly so 'respectful', when last did you have a lengthy discussion with your mum, who carried you in her belly and gave birth to you, while on your knees?
Peter upon knowing who Jesus was (for the first time), not only knelt, but bowed before him. And what makes you think all instances of the disciples kneeling before Jesus were portrayed in the bible. And besides, they are Yoruba people. You shouldn't be surprised to even see them lie before Adeboye.

5 Likes

Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by darbeelicous(f): 8:26pm On Jan 07, 2017
buygala:

Who be dis dis? Pls carry your I don't care attitude out from this thread......... Just talking senselessly...... SMH.

5 Likes

Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by dokkitaa(m): 8:26pm On Jan 07, 2017
This news isn't real debunk it

They were commission for church treasurer and Secretary respectively... Stop carrying about untrue stories
Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by saints2(f): 8:27pm On Jan 07, 2017
buygala:

I am purely Yoruba...and yes. ..I genuflect when greeting my elders. ...but I have NEVER had to kneel down while I am.being addressed by an elder.....My body language and low voice gives him all the respect he deserves sad

Well thats how they wish to greet their elders.. They are old men and they know what they are doing... If you have questions, go to RCCG Camp and ask them..

4 Likes

Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by TheFreeOne: 8:30pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pavore9:

Which culture

The same culture he didn't observe when he visited Ooni of Ife or was he not supposed to prostrate for the king then

4 Likes

Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by Pavore9: 8:32pm On Jan 07, 2017
TheFreeOne:

Which culture

The same culture he didn't observe when he visited Ooni of Ife or was he not supposed to prostrate for the king then

He is in the best position to answer that question.

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by pressplay411(m): 8:33pm On Jan 07, 2017
saints2:

Thats what they call respect... Get that right

Do you respect your parents and your boss? Do you kneel before your them?

Anyway it's in the name of religion so what's wrong in it? They really should have spread themselves like carpet and let him walk over them, now that's true reverence.lol

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 07, 2017
SYMBOL OF HOPE 4 PRESIDENT 2027
Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by kayzat: 8:34pm On Jan 07, 2017
Femich18:
ok
That is a sign of respect in Yorubaland peculiar mostly to the Yorubas

I am Yoruba but its not true that we kneel down when someone in position of authority is addressing . People condemned GEJ when one Ambassador Tafilda or whatever his name knelt down to brief Jonathan now that slave mentality is happening in the house of the lord.

Pastor Adeboye is not God and this practice is highly unnecessary.

4 Likes

Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 07, 2017
buygala:

Bowing a bit while greeting an elder is expected... but being on knees while being addressed? .....when it's not like I am before the gods of my forefathers sad

just looking for how to criticize the GO. my friend leave the man alone

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by ArabMopol(m): 8:36pm On Jan 07, 2017
see what they have turned God place of worship... AFONJAS
Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by Vinsmuft(m): 8:39pm On Jan 07, 2017
buygala:

Bowing a bit while greeting an elder is expected... but being on knees while being addressed? .....when it's not like I am before the gods of my forefathers sad

Shebi na dem get the knees no be you. If they aint complaining wetin come concern you inside?

5 Likes

Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by Femich18(m): 8:39pm On Jan 07, 2017
kayzat:

I am Yoruba but its not true that we kneel down when someone in position of authority is addressing . People condemned GEJ when one Ambassador Tafilda or whatever his name knelt down to brief Jonathan now that slave mentality is happening in the house of the lord.

Who is saying you kneel for someone in position of authority? It's a sign of respect in Yorubaland... PERIOD

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by thaoriginator: 8:39pm On Jan 07, 2017
buygala:

Boss.. Tuale!

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 07, 2017
DrayZee:
Peter upon knowing who Jesus was (for the first time), not only knelt, but bowed before him. And what makes you think all instances of the disciples kneeling before Jesus were portrayed in the bible. And besides, they are Yoruba people. You shouldn't be surprised to even see them lie before Adeboye.

That's because he was God

If you can kneel before God you can stand before Man.
Kneeling to greet is not bad. But kneeling while been addressed is bad and is common in Pentecostal. Am not saying it's a sin but it's bad.

Bowing before an Oba in Yoruba land is respect, but religiously not the best.

Mosses walked with the Lord and was made perfect, even though he could have been crawling on the floor, God created us in his image cos he wants us to be esteemed among his creations.

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by thaoriginator: 8:40pm On Jan 07, 2017
preciousuweh:

just looking for how to criticize the GO. my friend leave the man alone
no be only GO, na OG..

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by Vinsmuft(m): 8:40pm On Jan 07, 2017
kayzat:

Whether Yoruba or Spanish, if they choose to stand on their heads while talking to their boss, its nobody's business.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by LordOfNaira: 8:42pm On Jan 07, 2017
osasbenny:
Papa Adeboye, Nigeria and Nigerians will miss you greatly.

Speak for yourself, please!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by Osanoghodua1: 8:42pm On Jan 07, 2017
God help me to finish well like Jesus
God bless Pastor E.A Adeboye.

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by Maximus85(m): 8:43pm On Jan 07, 2017
saints2:
The duo of Pastor Joseph Obayemi, the new National Overseer and Pastor Odesola on a courtesy visit to the general overseer of RCCG (Worldwide), Pastor E.A. Adeboye. See more below..

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2017/01/picture-of-pastor-adeboye-and-national.html

And why are they on their kneels? Why? Why? Is this an act of respect or worship?

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by dotcomnamename: 8:45pm On Jan 07, 2017
buygala:

Bowing a bit while greeting an elder is expected... but being on knees while being addressed? .....when it's not like I offended all the gods known to mansad

Omo alaileko, akoigba. Smh undecided
Re: Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) by kristian98(m): 8:47pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pavore9:

He is in the best position to answer that question.
chai. U spoilt ur claim with this reply.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cloud In The Shape Of An Angel Seen In Pretoria, South Africa / Enenche Of Dunamis Donates Safety Items, Medical Equipment To Combat COVID-19 / "Mount Carmel": Apostle Johnson Suleman Officially Opens The Prayer Mountain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.