Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:53 PM

Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? (17679 Views)

Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? / Where Was God During Joker's/James Holmes Massacre / Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by DeepSight(m): 6:34pm On Dec 04, 2009
dogmafree:

I can say its a false statement until someone (maybe you) provides evidence that it is true. Until then its false.

I believe Krayola has already shown the absurdity of this.

If you do not have any information on a subject, you cannot make a statement as to its truth or falsehood. You can only state that you do not know, or cannot verify.

It is absurd to declare something false because it cannot be verified.

As an example: Look at this statement - "I am a sexual-masochist deep in my heart."

Tell me if you are able to state if this is true or false. You CANNOT. And yes - it cannot be verified, no?

The best answer you can give to that statement is this - "I don't know!"

Second Example - "There are 15 black holes in the universe closest to our own universe."

We don't know ANYTHING outside our universe. We do not know if there are other universes AND WE BLOODY HELL CANNOT VERIFY!

Now - can you state that the above statement is false? That's right - you CANNOT. Because you simply do not know.

So it's clear - you cannot call a statement false because its unverifiable. An unverifiable statement is an unverifiable statement. Period.
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by DeepSight(m): 6:37pm On Dec 04, 2009
sauer:

That's exactly the point!! Why else would he spawn such elaborate details about his god?

Are you informed as to who Theists are? What makes you think every theist spawns elaborate or ANY details about God?

Study the above sentence carefully.

I repeat my question now: Do you regard EVERY Theist as irrational?
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by Kay17: 6:44pm On Dec 04, 2009
so you think there are as that many gods?
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 04, 2009
Deep Sight:

Are you informed as to who Theists are? What makes you think every theist spawns elaborate or ANY details about God?

Study the above sentence carefully.

I repeat my question now: Do you regard EVERY Theist as irrational?

Of course, I'll admit every theist is not irrational. Spinoza for one thought well, Nevertheless, it's important that you understand that all theists while trying to rationalize their beliefs cannot find a common ground, or end up losing them all together. Attempting to rationally explain these details usually tear the honest ones among them apart, since for every explanation you find there'll always be holes. Spinoza is a very good example here.
But the christians, who happen to be theists too, state their conculsions or beliefs with all certainty. Then they hold up their holy book and then make pronouncements as if they know all truths. This is where their irrationality come to the fore. Are you one of these?
If you are, then I can argue that you suffer from a neurological disorder and probably succeed in proving this. This will make you sorta irrational in thinking, wont it?
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by DeepSight(m): 8:15pm On Dec 04, 2009
Sauer -

I do not subscribe to any religion.

But i am a theist, since i believe in the existence of God.

I can define God in a number of ways.

1. The compound of all self-existent laws

2. The oneness of infinity.

Is there anything irrational about this?
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by Kay17: 8:25pm On Dec 04, 2009
Deep Sight:

Sauer -

why did the your prime mover create us?
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by DeepSight(m): 8:35pm On Dec 04, 2009
Kay 17:

why did the your prime mover create us?

1. Intrinsic and instinctive self-expression.

2. Outward radiation.
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by Kay17: 8:42pm On Dec 04, 2009
in order words, as a result of idleness??
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by DeepSight(m): 8:44pm On Dec 04, 2009
^^^ If that's the best you could get out of my words, fine.
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by Kay17: 8:47pm On Dec 04, 2009
but its a philosophy?
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by aletheia(m): 11:05pm On Dec 04, 2009
Kay 17:

but its a philosophy?
And Atheism is not a philosophy? Proof of the existence of the christian God? All around you. The universe screams: Intelligent Design & Purpose.
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by justcool(m): 11:13pm On Dec 04, 2009
@ poster

The right question is:

"Where was I during the Rwandan Genocide?"

"Where was mankind during the Rwandan Genocide?"

It lies withing the power of each individual to do something that contributes to the prevention of such Genocides.
It lies within power of mankind to prevent such genocides.

What has God got to do with this? Hasn't He already given mankind the ability to live peacefully? What you do with your abilities is your business.
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by Nobody: 12:20am On Dec 05, 2009
Deep Sight:

Sauer -

nothing irrational, I must say
Do you accept the bible?
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by DeepSight(m): 9:58am On Dec 05, 2009
^^^ The Bible is a useful book of truth, and alonmg with numerous other spiritual works, i retain a copy in my personal library.

It is however riddled with errors, contradictions, mistranslations, misinterpretations, and outright insertions or deletions.

Not to speak of the unfathomable dogma of redemption by the official execution of a Jwish Carpenter.

In general terms however, the Bible is a very good read; and posesses many deep spiritual insights.
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 05, 2009
Deep Sight:

^^^ The Bible is a useful book of truth, and alonmg with numerous other spiritual works, i retain a copy in my personal library.

It is however riddled with errors, contradictions, mistranslations, misinterpretations, and outright insertions or deletions.

Not to speak of the unfathomable dogma of redemption by the official execution of a Jwish Carpenter.

In general terms however, the Bible is a very good read; and posesses many deep spiritual insights.

Good read. You appear sensible to me. I must have been reading you wrongly then, Deep Sight. I also have a german copy of the bible in my library, and it ONLY serves the purpose of enabling me decipher the gothic script and also of improving my german. NevertheLESS it is in your believe in the existence of a god (your being a theist) that I hold you in error. It's up to you BTW. NAturally there doesn't necessarily have to be a "oneness of infinity" (lol). It can all be in your contemplation of the utmost, more like Spinoza's God, and as well be in your head. How big is that BTW (lol)?
Perhaps you've been religious at a time?
How would you then answer the question "Where was your "oneness of infinity" during the Rwandan genocide"?
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:30pm On Dec 05, 2009
The Almighty God, the Omniscient God, the Omnipotent God, the Omnipresent and Sovereign uncreated Creator, created this cosmos and is in full control of its affairs.  All the peddlers of erroneous doctrine some which says that there is no God, others opine that after creating the world, he abandoned the world to run on its own steam.  But we know that He is fully in charge of all things. Because folks may not be able to fathom Him as a result of their sinful, carnal and finite minds, they then fall prey to lots of misconceptions, misrepresentations and misunderstanding about His part during the calamities that befall mankind, i.e. the Rwandan Genocide.

Scriptures and experience tell us that trials and suffering can come from three sources -

[list]
[li]Our disobedience to the commandment of God (i.e. as a result of sin), [/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Permission by God without any iniquity on the part of man (Job’s experience)[/li]
[/list] 
[list]
[li]As a result of satanic oppression (John 10:10).[/li]
[/list]

It is, however, surprising that of all these causes of calamities, it is the one by Satan that is the easiest to handle.  This is only if we make use of the provision that Jesus gave us on the cross and to daily examine ourselves if Christ is still in us.

"Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither His ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that He will not hear." -- Isaiah 59:1-2
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by Atheists: 3:06pm On Dec 05, 2009
And Atheism is not a philosophy? Proof of the existence of the christian God? All around you. The universe screams: Intelligent Design & Purpose.

If you are to credit the christian god with creation of the universe you can as well credit him with the shitty state of planet earth.
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by Kay17: 6:27pm On Dec 05, 2009
aletheia:

atheism is birth from facts. intelligent design & purpose? why has there been so many extinctions? the bible is believed to be correct but its origins are neither studied nor challenged by the Christians because that is where its weakness lies.
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by blackcypha(m): 2:35am On Dec 07, 2009
I HAVE 2 QUESTIONS FOR THE CHRISTIANS IN THIS FORUM .

1.WHO CAUSES NATURAL DISASTERS LIKE EARTHQUAKES AND HURRICANES?DEFINITELY THEY NOT RESULTS OF MAN"S FREE WILL! GOD OR THE DEVIL?IF ITS THE DEVIL THEN GOD CREATED A WORLD THAT HE IS DEFINITELY NOT IN CONTROL OF! DATS QUITE AMUSIN !IF ITS GOD THEN THERES A CONTRADICTION,CUZ PPLE SAY GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME, AND I DONT C ANYTIN GOOD IN DESTRUCTION AND DEATHS AND UTTER DEVASTATION DAT BEFALL THE HUMAN RACE AS A RESULT OF THESE.AND IF U SAY ITS AN ACT OF NATURE THEN UR IN THE SAME PHILOSOPHY AS THE PPLE YOU LABEL ""ATHEISTS "" IN THIS FORUM.
2.AND HOW COME WE AFRICANS THAT R MORE RELIGIOUS R FAR BEHIND IN DEVELOPMENT AND RESPECT FOR THE SANCTITY OF HUMAN LIFE THAN THE SO CALLED MATERIALISTIC DEVELOPED NATIONS WHO VALUE HUMAN LIFE AND DO EVERYTIN POSSIBLE TO MAKE LIFE CONFORTABLE WHILE OUR GREEDY WICKED RULERS DONT  GIVE A Bleep ABOUT YOU AND I LOOT OPPRESS N PERPETUATE THEMSELVES IN OFFICE WHILE CLAIMING TO BE BELIEVERS IN GOD AS CHRISTIANS OR MUSLIMS?HOW COME THERE"!S MORE POVERTY AND WICKEDNESS HERE YET WE HAVE MORE CHURCHES AND MOSQUES IN NIGERIA /AFRICA THAN ABROAD?

RELIGION IS THE OPIUM OF THE PEOPLE THAT MADE THIS SUFFERIG BEARABLE.-KARL MARX
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by blackcypha(m): 2:39am On Dec 07, 2009
ANY SCIENTOLOGISTS IN DA HOUSE?
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 10, 2009
If everybody was alive, including the bad and useless people, do you think resources would go round?
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by oaroloye(m): 2:29am On Nov 24, 2016
What did they do to deserve protection?

Where were their MINYANS?

ANYTHING can happen to you, lf you do not have a MINYAN.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? / Plateau Killings: Pastor And His Wife Cry As His Church Was Burned Down / Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.