Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,387 members, 7,971,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 09:31 AM

Do Nigerians Murder The English Language? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do Nigerians Murder The English Language? (5357 Views)

Do You Think In English Language Or Your Mother Tongue? / Why Do Nigerians Think White People Are Ugly? / Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Nigerians Murder The English Language? by chiogo(f): 5:24pm On Dec 08, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Of course they do. They introduce phrases like:

I ain't gonna do that
You be bitching around
You was in here etc

Bastardising the beautiful language with their introductions.

That's ebonics. It's just like pidgin for African-Americans. I don't think anyone recognizes that as American English. grin
Re: Do Nigerians Murder The English Language? by Nobody: 1:45am On Dec 09, 2009
word is bond cheesy
Re: Do Nigerians Murder The English Language? by brooklyn99: 1:35pm On Dec 10, 2009
geez this thread is still on?

@spikedcylinder, moro.n, wut did u want me to say? "have anyone noticed?" lol. slowpoke. and when i type "cus" its just shorthand, stupid.
Re: Do Nigerians Murder The English Language? by spikedcylinder: 2:02pm On Dec 10, 2009
brooklyn99:

geez this thread is still on?

@spikedcylinder, moro.n, wut did u want me to say? "have anyone noticed?" lol. slowpoke. and when i type "cus" its just shorthand, silly.

Parris, is that you??

Seriously doubt it though.
Re: Do Nigerians Murder The English Language? by brooklyn99: 3:31pm On Dec 10, 2009
Parris
Re: Do Nigerians Murder The English Language? by spikedcylinder: 9:05am On Dec 11, 2009
Never mind.
Re: Do Nigerians Murder The English Language? by Nobody: 1:52am On Aug 02, 2012
Seriously who cares?

North Americans don't even speak "proper English" grin

Besides English was heavily Germanic in influence at one point in time.
It is constantly evolving...get this "respect the Queen's language" crap out of here. tongue
Re: Do Nigerians Murder The English Language? by Fulaman198(m): 5:55pm On Nov 04, 2012
chiogo:
Yea, nai-jeer-reeah, gets on my nerves when people say it that way. Like wtf? lol

You guys were talking about pronounciation and accents. That is a Hausanized way of pronouncing it. Nothing wrong with it.
Re: Do Nigerians Murder The English Language? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2012
MsDarkSkin: Seriously who cares?

North Americans don't even speak "proper English" grin

Besides English was heavily Germanic in influence at one point in time.
It is constantly evolving...get this "respect the Queen's language" crap out of here. tongue

Brilliant post msdarkskin. tongue
Re: Do Nigerians Murder The English Language? by Mynd44: 1:12pm On Nov 08, 2012
*Kails*:

Brilliant post msdarkskin. tongue
This is so vain

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Sickle Cell The True Explanation For The Ogbanje/abiku Myth / Lost Jewish Tribe 'found In Zimbabwe/South Africa'- The Real Black Jews / Mothers Iron Their Daughters Breasts To Protect Them From Rape (adult Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.