Stats: 3,169,750 members, 7,875,883 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:35 AM

3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) (49803 Views)

The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) / See The Current State Of Construction Work At The Oshodi-airport Road (PHOTOS) / Massive Construction Work At Lekki Sea Port, Lagos - Photos (2) (3) (4)

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by Ezedon(m): 6:57pm On Jan 13, 2017
Its a pity
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by CuteTj(m): 6:59pm On Jan 13, 2017
I thought he was going to show us a picture of the so called negligence on the part of the construction company.
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 13, 2017
Ambode get's 30% and accident victim gets 70% culpability.

Case closed.

PS: Accident victim, stop speeding like a lunatic, this is naija, expect the unexpected.

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by speedyconnect3: 7:01pm On Jan 13, 2017
lawless state
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by glossy6(f): 7:09pm On Jan 13, 2017
pokipoki:
Accidents are caused by uncontrollable speed. I am very certain that if the drivers involved in the accident maintained about 60-70km/hour, people won't be lamenting like this. People need to control their speed.

No. He should drive at 20km/hr on top 3rd mainland bridge.

Face the facts bro

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by Senipapa(m): 7:13pm On Jan 13, 2017
pokipoki:
Accidents are caused by uncontrollable speed. I am very certain that if the drivers involved in the accident maintained about 60-70km/hour, people won't be lamenting like this. People need to control their speed.
Exactly, the way people drive on high speed in this country makes me wonder where they are running to.

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by Hestywhyt(f): 7:13pm On Jan 13, 2017
doubt they read d post @ all...agents of bad news...
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by sirvibes: 7:19pm On Jan 13, 2017
God we lay healing hands on you

Secret Behind Nigeria Problem
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by sleepyeyez(m): 7:21pm On Jan 13, 2017
delishpot:
Nigeria Jagajaga. NAIJA we have a lot to do.

NAIJA govt don't care. They would still leave it to kill many more people. Its their way. That was how I almost died in an open manhole in PH.

My broda, its such a sad situation.life can be so cheap in naija

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by Baba4dgals: 7:23pm On Jan 13, 2017
Mannylex:
Speed Kills; Negligence Kills.

Thank God no life was lost.

Meanwhile....
this is not bout speed but negligence of the construction company...
There shud b an indication dat work is going on along d road
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by hardbody: 7:24pm On Jan 13, 2017
Nma27:
Sue them for Negligence angry

But seriously where is the negligence? Is it about the accident victim, since I returned back to base i have been using that bridge and have seen no fresh construction work going on.

I maintain, accident don't happen, it's caused either by omission or commission, it's a pity about the injured but could a little more care and caution have averted this? My silly thoughts.

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by curvilicious: 7:25pm On Jan 13, 2017
Lilknight:
Rip

Ha! Just like that?
You would've taken time to read now
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by curvilicious: 7:26pm On Jan 13, 2017
You see construction companies and negligence?
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by GuyfawkesAB(m): 7:40pm On Jan 13, 2017
I used the 3MB yesterday night.

It's FERMA that is working on the bridge and not Ambode. They actually placed caution signs at some distance before the portion where they were scraping asphalt off the road. I guess the issues is that the signs might be inadequate.

Clearly the victim was on a very high speed to have had such fatal accident. He clearly couldn't control his car any more once he came abruptly on the portion under construction
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by candycash(m): 7:45pm On Jan 13, 2017
Nigeria is and will always b a lawless hood
May God help us
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by NoMoreTrolling: 7:59pm On Jan 13, 2017
pokipoki:

sorry, but what is 60-70km/hour on a highway

why don't you tell airplanes to only travel 70km/hr to be safe

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by NoMoreTrolling: 8:02pm On Jan 13, 2017
this is what we need for every ongoing road construction were the same road is still open to use.

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by NoMoreTrolling: 8:06pm On Jan 13, 2017
hardbody:

But seriously where is the negligence? Is it about the accident victim, since I returned back to base i have been using that bridge and have seen no fresh construction work going on.

I maintain, accident don't happen, it's caused either by omission or commission, it's a pity about the injured but could a little more care and caution have averted this? My silly thoughts.

what exactly are you trying to say brah

l have been driving on lekki epe sometimes and all of a sudden, you spot a huge construction obstruction without warning whereby your lane ends abruptly, or some huge rock is protruding into the extreme lanes causing you to swerve, or uncleared debris clogging up the extreme right lane, also causing you to swerve...
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by Icon79(m): 8:10pm On Jan 13, 2017
Word on the street is that IBB scarified that bridge to the "Prince of the Niger" (a demon spirit). If so then you can expect continual accidents on that bridge. It's sad tho.

O pari
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by NoMoreTrolling: 8:12pm On Jan 13, 2017
GuyfawkesAB:
I used the 3MB yesterday night.

It's FERMA that is working on the bridge and not Ambode. They actually placed caution signs at some distance before the portion where they were scraping asphalt off the road. I guess the issues is that the signs might be inadequate.

Clearly the victim was on a very high speed to have had such fatal accident. He clearly couldn't control his car any more once he came abruptly on the portion under construction

Look, most signs in Naija are HIGHLY, HIGHLY HIGHLY inadequate and is a cause for concern.

There is no standardization anywhere, not in lane markings, in road signs, e.t.c

In the U.S some highways have speed limits up to 75miles per hour, which is roughly over about 130km/hr, but you hardly notice you're going fast due to good roads and clear signs warning you of whats to come.

A road like the third mainland bridge requires, no, DEMANDS that any contruction going on be accompanied by huge contruction signs that also have leds for night time illumination due to the fact that it's a road where cars average speeds of about 100km/hr. Here, what you'd see is a sign no bigger that 3 by 3 feet, when these signs should be humongous. something like this:

we need standards in this country, lane markings, law enforcement and so on... we have to get things right.
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by nedu2000(m): 8:13pm On Jan 13, 2017
pokipoki:
bros its the same on the orile/mile2 axis of the lagos/badagry exp,construction uncompleted,roads partly open and yet no reflectors or street lights nothing
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 13, 2017
hardbody:

wink wink
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by RighteousI: 8:26pm On Jan 13, 2017
Get out of here! it's not ambode,s fault, it's your careless driving. it's is these same people that will be shouting go, go, go, go, when they see you driving defensively in front of them. on 3rd mainland bridge, I drive slowly and I stay on the lane close the demarcation so that the car will not go into the water if an accident happens. I see all these careless drivers speeding and jumping from one lane to the other.
just because the road is clear, that doesn't mean you should speed up. your tyre can bust, the tyre of the car in front of you can bust, the rod that connects the tyre to the car can come off, road workers can appear in front of you, that's why you should drive slowly and carefully. but they won't, instead they want to speed form bad guy. now pose and form bad guy with your broken leg. say hi to those in igbobi hospital for me. next time you will drive slowly and carefully.

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by hardbody: 8:36pm On Jan 13, 2017
NoMoreTrolling:

what exactly are you trying to say brah

l have been driving on lekki epe sometimes and all of a sudden, you spot a huge construction obstruction without warning whereby your lane ends abruptly, or some huge rock is protruding into the extreme lanes causing you to swerve, or uncleared debris clogging up the extreme right lane, also causing you to swerve...

Bro i am contesting nothing, just saying I have seen nothing new on my stretch. Meanwhile if I wanna hit epe resort and spa, i am conscious that i haven't used that road say in the past 3 months, so I regulate my speed at not more than 140km/H so i can control my machine within 3 seconds. I manage my life, the next driver and even the road. We can manage these roads and other drivers and if i am unfortunate to drive an unknown road at night, i dont do more than 100km per hour, and trust me, i can afford to be reckless plus my pops taught me driving, that should say a whole lot.
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by emmaelectelect(m): 8:38pm On Jan 13, 2017
Please this complaint or story wount be complete without the details of the speed the vehicles were travelling on
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by BecomeALandLord(m): 8:38pm On Jan 13, 2017
softMarket:
See ehh...lemme say my. Mind!

No Be lie

Something spiritual is going on there!

It seems they want to use someone for ritual!

How many accidents has occurred there in this january only!

No be lie!!!

Dey wan use pesin do sacrifice there!...d accident don too much!
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by hardbody: 8:40pm On Jan 13, 2017
RighteousI:
Get out of here! it's not ambode,s fault, it's your careless driving. it's is these same people that will be shouting go, go, go, go, when they see you driving defensively in front of them. on 3rd mainland bridge, I drive slowly and I stay on the lane close the demarcation so that the car will not go into the water if an accident happens. I see all these careless drivers speeding and jumping from one lane to the other.
just because the road is clear, that doesn't mean you should speed up. your tyre can bust, the tyre of the car in front of you can bust, the rod that connects the tyre to the car can come off, road workers can appear in front of you, that's why you should drive slowly and carefully. but they won't, instead they want to speed form bad guy. now pose and form bad guy with your broken leg. say hi to those in igbobi hospital for me. next time you will drive slowly and carefully.

I generally agree with you on defensive driving but i can't castigate this victim because I don't have all the details. Certainly his predicament could have been better managed by HIM. Eba dey sweet.
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by emmaelectelect(m): 8:42pm On Jan 13, 2017
NoMoreTrolling:

sorry, but what is 60-70km/hour on a highway

why don't you tell airplanes to only travel 70km/hr to be safe

Its called third mainland bridge not highway, if you speed then bear some consequence
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by Matthew4sure(m): 9:16pm On Jan 13, 2017
Niigeria are not proactive they are only reactive go their now you will see sigh that is nija for you.
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by Bigsteveg(m): 9:21pm On Jan 13, 2017
I pass through third mainland bridge everyday to work. Which part are u referring to as abandoned road. Plus explain, cos I have not noticed such.
Pls reply, stop spreading false information
rem44:
According to a Twitter user, Gbemi Famoti,he nearly lost his life in an accident that occurred on third mainland bridge on Thursday 13 January 2017 where many were injured.The accident was a result of an oversight by the road construction company.He also blamed governor Ambode for what he described as  “constant negligence and disregard for safety.”

“How will you start construction on 3MB, abandon it with no caution or sign or indication to let drivers know?”

See screenshots of what he wrote below

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/01/3rd-mainland-bridge-construction-work.html?m=1
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by jaz(m): 9:41pm On Jan 13, 2017
No nah. 60km/hr us too fast. He suppose get down con dey push the car to avoid speeding. You no say speed dey kill. You be correct guy. You too dey use brain
pokipoki:
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) by Mrtesso: 9:46pm On Jan 13, 2017
diportivo:
Yes!!blame the governor

Na superman he be na

After leaving his office to come break the concrete,he went to the bitumen plant to load tar....and u still want him to come put signage on the site

The construction company that didn't do simple signage and av collected money....the directors in the ministry of works plus their DFA,PS and HC are to av their heads rubbed for a job well done I presume undecided

Apportion blames,but be sensible about it

Thank u, Governor too should have manipulated his vehicle and regulated his speed.

Jabi Lake Park: Where ABUJA Residents Spend Their Weekends (pics, Video) / #EndSARS: Tanker Drivers Shutdown Yola- Jalingo Highway Over Police Brutality / Passengers, Azman Air Officials Exchange Blows Over Cancelled Flight