Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,858 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:20 AM

How OFTEN? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How OFTEN? (622 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How OFTEN? by Numericals: 9:45am On Jan 14, 2017
Hello medics,
Pls how often can one donate blood in a year?

Please I need your response. I was not allowed to donate because they said my blood is galloping or something, though am O positive. Pls I will also need more info on that.
And the second guy was not allowed because he donated in November last year.
We have just paid 10k for a pant of blood.

Are they right with their response or they just wanted us to buy from them?
Re: How OFTEN? by Numericals: 2:51pm On Jan 14, 2017
Pls your comments will be appreciated
Re: How OFTEN? by Lagusta(m): 11:24pm On Jan 14, 2017
Blood is usually donated once every three months....

But there are some special cases where one has to donate every month, eg polycythemia rubra vera

1 Like

Re: How OFTEN? by Numericals: 4:21am On Jan 15, 2017
Lagusta:
Blood is usually donated once every three months....

But there are some special cases where one has to donate every month, eg polycythemia rubra vera
Thank you Lagusta.
Please what about galloping of blood? My elementary biology tells me O positive is a universal donor. I've never heard about galloping before. Are they hiding something from me? Could it be that they saw something during the blood screening, and refused to tell me?
Re: How OFTEN? by Lagusta(m): 7:54am On Jan 15, 2017
Numericals:
Thank you Lagusta.
Please what about galloping of blood? My elementary biology tells me O positive is a universal donor. I've never heard about galloping before. Are they hiding something from me? Could it be that they saw something during the blood screening, and refused to tell me?

Maybe u didn't hear them right....
Re: How OFTEN? by Numericals: 1:50pm On Jan 15, 2017
Lagusta:

Maybe u didn't hear them right....
. Thanks Doc. I will go back to the hospital during the week to find out. I'm sure I heard him well. We are trying to donate to a sickle cell person.
I'll revert.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Almond / 6 Ways To Use Turmeric To Boost Your Health / To All The Mummies And Singles Lady In The House, It's All About Cervical Cancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.