Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,329 members, 7,888,048 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:15 PM

Breaking: Military Fighter Jet Shoots, Kills Civilians In Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Military Fighter Jet Shoots, Kills Civilians In Borno (776 Views)

BREAKING: Military Rescue Abducted Yobe Schoolgirls Inside Bush / DEADLY DRIVE Husband Shoots, Kills Wife In Their Uber Car, Cops Say / See Photo Of Nigerian Fighter Jet In Action At Gambian Airport As Barrow Lands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Military Fighter Jet Shoots, Kills Civilians In Borno by alcmene: 4:57pm On Jan 17, 2017
The Army said a fighter jet had misfired and shot some humanitarian aid workers of the International Committee of Red Cross and the Medicines Sans Frontiers, and some civilians in Kala Balge in Borno during an operation.

The Theatre Commander of Operation Lafiya Dole, Maj.-Gen. Lucky Irabor, on Tuesday in Maiduguri said, “This morning, we received a report about the gathering of Boko Haram terrorists around Kala Balge area of Maiduguri.

“I coordinated and I directed that the air component of the operation should go and address the problem.

“Unfortunately, the strike was conducted but it turned out that other civilians were somewhere around the area and they were affected.

“So far, it is a little bit disturbing; death has occurred. There are casualties; there were deaths and injuries but on the actual number of casualties, we would get back to you later.

“I am yet to get the number of casualties of civilians killed, but two soldiers were also affected.

“Some humanitarian staff of Medicines Sans Frontiers and some staff of International Committee of Red Cross were also affected.

“We are sending helicopters to evacuate those that were critically wounded, including our wounded soldiers.”

NAN

http://punchng.com/military-fighter-jet-shoots-kills-civilians-borno/
Re: Breaking: Military Fighter Jet Shoots, Kills Civilians In Borno by alcmene: 4:57pm On Jan 17, 2017
When they acquired drones, we told them they wouldn't be able to manage them. undecided undecided

But come oo Just when a probe of the 250 million Naira pocketed by Secretary to the federal government, Mr. Babachir, is about to start

Babachir said he used 250 million Naira to buy cutlass to cut grass at this IDP camp. Nigerians screamed.

But now that the airforce has gone there to bomb and erase any evidence, Buhari and his secretary should be held responsible
Re: Breaking: Military Fighter Jet Shoots, Kills Civilians In Borno by TeleboiZ005(m): 4:59pm On Jan 17, 2017
God why Nigeriaembarassed

everyday bad news...

hmmm..i comment my reserve

Can u c me
Re: Breaking: Military Fighter Jet Shoots, Kills Civilians In Borno by CowHard: 4:59pm On Jan 17, 2017
from hunting bokoharam to hunting civilians.
The bloods of innocent IPOB at work

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Military Fighter Jet Shoots, Kills Civilians In Borno by TeleboiZ005(m): 5:00pm On Jan 17, 2017
alcmene:
undecided undecided
bros ahn ahn ...what is it

Na u get post.na u ftc!

Theris God o
Re: Breaking: Military Fighter Jet Shoots, Kills Civilians In Borno by Atiku2019: 5:00pm On Jan 17, 2017
Maidugri cry
Re: Breaking: Military Fighter Jet Shoots, Kills Civilians In Borno by Compliant(m): 5:01pm On Jan 17, 2017
SACK IS ON THE WAY

SIMPLY INCOMPETENCE
Re: Breaking: Military Fighter Jet Shoots, Kills Civilians In Borno by TANTUMERGO007(m): 5:03pm On Jan 17, 2017
grin SAD NEWS grin

If it were to be Jonathans' era, the guy above me would have said otherwise but since its babas' era him they pray for the news to be false....................

KARMA AT ITS PEAK grin

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry R.I.P TO THOSE THAT LOST THEIR LIVES DUE TO BUHARIS' NEGLIGENCE

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Military Fighter Jet Shoots, Kills Civilians In Borno by chimerase2: 5:08pm On Jan 17, 2017
So u want to tell me that the person handling it doesn't haf the technical know-how to operate the fighter jet
Re: Breaking: Military Fighter Jet Shoots, Kills Civilians In Borno by alcmene: 5:10pm On Jan 17, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu should be released......

He's right after all.....Nigeria is a zoo

Animals are even protected in the zoo unlike Nigerian zoo
Re: Breaking: Military Fighter Jet Shoots, Kills Civilians In Borno by doctokwus: 5:10pm On Jan 17, 2017
Funny enough more innocent people have died indirectly as a result of the war on BH in Borno than d actual war itself,either due to starvation arising from corruption,in a supposed anticorruption govt,or from incompetent actions like this.
Meanwhile the military is more interested in attacking PT than squarely facing its job and shaming doubters.
Re: Breaking: Military Fighter Jet Shoots, Kills Civilians In Borno by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 17, 2017
Collateral damage. Sad news.
Re: Breaking: Military Fighter Jet Shoots, Kills Civilians In Borno by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 17, 2017
This is sad news. But we should not be too quick to blame our gallant soldiers. Even the USA army at times makes such mistakes. This incident should be properly investigated to see if their is any act of negligence on part of our military.
Re: Breaking: Military Fighter Jet Shoots, Kills Civilians In Borno by daniska3yaro(m): 5:14pm On Jan 17, 2017
Just sad news everyday
Re: Breaking: Military Fighter Jet Shoots, Kills Civilians In Borno by onavae(m): 5:15pm On Jan 17, 2017
Bros, when exactly did u see light? Or is this someone else?
Re: Breaking: Military Fighter Jet Shoots, Kills Civilians In Borno by idupaul: 5:16pm On Jan 17, 2017
So the Airstrip which the Airforce recently released the video of was on Civilians? Our Intel is poor
Re: Breaking: Military Fighter Jet Shoots, Kills Civilians In Borno by CowHard: 5:16pm On Jan 17, 2017
lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Breaking: Military Fighter Jet Shoots, Kills Civilians In Borno by onavae(m): 5:16pm On Jan 17, 2017
doctokwus:
Funny enough more innocent people have died indirectly as a result of the war on BH in Borno than d actual war itself,either due to starvation arising from corruption,in a supposed anticorruption govt,or from incompetent actions like this.
Meanwhile the military is more interested in attacking PT than squarely facing its job and shaming doubters.

Bros, when exactly did u see the light? Abi is this someone else using your moniker
Re: Breaking: Military Fighter Jet Shoots, Kills Civilians In Borno by onexile: 5:18pm On Jan 17, 2017
shocked shocked shocked Buhari has started killing Nigerians directly and openly. No more pretence! SOS the Nigeria President has gone MAD
Re: Breaking: Military Fighter Jet Shoots, Kills Civilians In Borno by mohaMADbuari: 5:26pm On Jan 17, 2017
I am certain those killed are Christians.

Jihad from all corners.

What have we done to deserve this Fulani herdsman in Aso rock
Re: Breaking: Military Fighter Jet Shoots, Kills Civilians In Borno by alcmene: 5:29pm On Jan 17, 2017
mohaMADbuari:
I am certain those killed are Christians.

Jihad from all corners.

What have we done to deserve this Fulani herdsman in Aso rock

To an extent, this could be the product of Quota Systems with f9 in Geography and Maths who, ordinarily, should not be trusted with a bicycle carrying a gun, is given a fighter jet to fly.

Thank God he did not face Aso rock in Abuja.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Bans Importation Of Bottle Water Biafrans Curses / BREAKING Unbelievable!!! Niger Delta Militants Surrender Weapons / Buhari Regime Threaten Deji Adeyanju With Death For #freezakzaky Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.