Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,387 members, 7,894,669 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 01:27 PM

Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? (48440 Views)

Why Do Girls Marry Rich Guys Only To Regret In Future? / Why Do Ugly Girls Marry Every Saturday? And The Pretty Ones Do Ashebi? / Are Igbo Girls The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by DOAweb(m): 10:32am On Nov 30, 2009
sillyboy:

Becos marrying them is an expensive project. . . .one ca build 10 skyscrappers in dubai with their dowry

Totally agree mate, my mate just married his igbo gf and I tell ya, he had to take out a loan to pay the dowry and the  crappy demands.

I have dated igbo girls most of my life but now I have to go for a another tribe as I can't afford the crappy demands. Shame, but I need to be realistic about my finances!!
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by amarilo: 10:38am On Nov 30, 2009
DOAweb:

Totally agree mate, my mate just married his igbo gf and I tell ya, he had to take out a loan to pay the dowry and the crappy demands.

I have dated igbo girls most of my life but now I have to go for a another tribe as I can't afford the crappy demands. Shame, but I need to be realistic about my finances!!
Poor boi grin grin
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by mccloud224(m): 10:44am On Nov 30, 2009
@Topic

Why is money hard to come by?
Why are human beings naturally wicked to others?
Why are women so self centered and care about themselves only?
Why do couples cheat on each other?
Why are African leaders so corrupt?
Why do Africans do voodoo on each other?
Why are some people so dense and daft?
Why do condoms have different designs and flavors these days?
Why do people look at me crazy when i tell them i want to drive a Ferrari on Nigerian roads?
Why does fufu smell?
Why is stockfish so expensive even though it has no nourishment?

THESE ARE THE KIND OF DUMB ASS QUESTIONS THAT PLAGUE NAIRALAND ON A DAILY BASIS.

God help us!

Ammiiiiiiinnnnnn! ! !
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by smooooooth: 10:48am On Nov 30, 2009
cos they are waiting and hoping Dangote will one day be single and come marry the, by the time reality hits tem, they are 30!
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Digriz(m): 10:50am On Nov 30, 2009
@poster,
Ur topic lacks salt and pepper.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by DOAweb(m): 10:52am On Nov 30, 2009
mccloud224:

@Topic

Why is money hard to come by?
Why are human beings naturally wicked to others?
Why are women so self centered and care about themselves only?
Why do couples cheat on each other?
Why are African leaders so corrupt?
Why do Africans do voodoo on each other?
Why are some people so dense and daft?
Why do condoms have different designs and flavors these days?
Why do people look at me crazy when i tell them i want to drive a Ferrari on Nigerian roads?
Why does fufu smell?
Why is stockfish so expensive even though it has no nourishment?

THESE ARE THE KIND OF DUMB ASS QUESTIONS THAT PLAGUE NAIRALAND ON A DAILY BASIS.

God help us!

Ammiiiiiiinnnnnn! ! !

Take a 'chill pill' mate, relax and stop stressing out. This is what a community forum is all about.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by chrisrock(m): 10:53am On Nov 30, 2009
i dont think igbo girls marry late, @poster wetin be your headache self
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by farochron(m): 10:54am On Nov 30, 2009
Their women don't really marry late it is their men that wait till 40's 50's. Their women are very beautiful so they don't really stay for long before someone hook them up except for the bad eggs that still want to mess around. I think the topic should be re-phrased as "Why do Ibo men marry late?" As for the parents interfering in their choice. I feel that's archaic. They should be left to choose who they love. Most of the parents engaged in this act do so to the detriment of the girl and to their own selfish gain.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Nezan(m): 10:55am On Nov 30, 2009
^^^^ Right on cue.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 30, 2009
@poster,
So many reasons like:
1. dem dey get multiple/chains of partners. With that, the probability of dissapointments are high
2. They love bar too much so they usually want "ALREADY MADE", which is hard to find.
3. They no dey tire to jump from pillar to post

At the end, most of them lose everything and end up paying their own bride-price to a dully in the name of a man!
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by mccloud224(m): 11:04am On Nov 30, 2009
Take a 'chill pill' mate, relax and stop stressing out. This is what a community forum is all about.

You are welcome to NL.I see you have 22 posts.Feel free to express yourself and inform us that you are actually "literate".

Rubbish!
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by chidyke77(m): 11:07am On Nov 30, 2009
@farochron A man dat knws dat he isnt yet capable of taking good care of his wife shuld nt enter into marriage to suffer d poor woman and hinders hs own progress shuld wait til he's able. Thats why igbo men are the most caring type to their wife and family and d belive in hardwork and strive to maintain dat. Igbo likes taking care of their wife and family rather than been lazy and depends on their wife for d upkeep of d family. This is the raw fact.

1 Like

Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by HarryPotter1(m): 11:10am On Nov 30, 2009
@poster wat tribe are u 4rm? do u hve any sista? wen did she got married(if she is married yet).
answer dis questions 1st b4 i answer urs.
*****sighs loud*****
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by mccloud224(m): 11:11am On Nov 30, 2009
@chidyke77

I concur.If d guy no get money, dem go yab am.Na part of "culture".Dem go ask am wetin him be dey do when him mates dey hustle.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Caringpro(f): 11:13am On Nov 30, 2009
@POSTER,
What age is late in your own consideration? Our girls do not marry late. So no need for to generalize.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by farochron(m): 11:15am On Nov 30, 2009
Are you sure those men are not doing that for any other reason or intent? It happens in every tribe any way. At least Youth service revealed a lot to me about Women and Men from Various tribes. This I guess may be the only thing I gained from the Stupid NYSC that has claimed several lives and brought grief to several homes. I have come to understand and agree that some tribes truly are more promiscuous than others while some are just mere hypocrites. Just my view!
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by DOAweb(m): 11:17am On Nov 30, 2009
mccloud224:

You are welcome to NL.I see you have 22 posts.Feel free to express yourself and inform us that you are actually "literate".

Rubbish!

Easy mate, well educated - thank you very much.  I was trying to reiterate your own life quote - ''live once, it's pretty short you know'',  you don't need to be rude - do you?
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by sayso: 11:28am On Nov 30, 2009
back to the topic
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by mccloud224(m): 11:43am On Nov 30, 2009
Easy mate, well educated - thank you very much. I was trying to reiterate your own life quote - ''live once, it's pretty short you know'', you don't need to be rude - do you?

I needn't be rude if you check your laced sarcasm.My earlier post had a sense of humor in it and you came up with all your "britico" sarcasm (i don't eat shit from nobody "MATE" angry)
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by emmydee(m): 11:49am On Nov 30, 2009
so which tribe is noted 4 getting married early?

which tribe does not have 30's and 40's who are still single?

I need answers pls otherwise, just shut ur mouth if u dont know wat 2 post.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by mccloud224(m): 11:50am On Nov 30, 2009
so which tribe is noted 4 getting married early?

which tribe does not have 30's and 40's who are still single?

I need answers pls otherwise, just shut your mouth if u dont know wat 2 post.

Abeg help me ask "the people"

There are some posts that just make you . . . . . . undecided undecided sad sad angry angry
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by gidson12(m): 11:55am On Nov 30, 2009
@ Mr mccloud224
maybe we all here eat shit Mr Grammarian, wetin be ur own sef u smoke
Igboo B4 u come here, Abeg
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Marymos: 11:55am On Nov 30, 2009
I learnt the dowry payment in igbo land is ridiculous.Not only that my igbo brothers want to build mansion before marriage.These could be the reason why their ladies marry late.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by ojeffo: 12:01pm On Nov 30, 2009
Why do hausa girls marry early at the age of 10.11,12.And why do they get married to 60 yr old Alhajis, why do yoruba girls marry into families where there are 12 wives already and they become the 13th wife.why,why!why!why!QUESTION TIME
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by mccloud224(m): 12:01pm On Nov 30, 2009
I learnt the dowry payment in igbo land is ridiculous.Not only that my igbo brothers want to build mansion before marriage.These could be the reason why their ladies marry late.

@Marymos

It's not just igbo land.It's the south in general for instance, the lady i intend getting down with is from akwa ibom.Already she's informing me that there are "lists" in must meet up to e.g her father's list,mother's list,uncles and aunts lists,extended relatives,his brothers,sisters. . .we aren't even talking about the traditional wedding,reception,church wedding and the rest of the wahala.Even if i intend "over managing money", i don't see myself spending less than N2-3 million. . .all to marry one woman that will give me headache after we say "i do". . . lol grin
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by DOAweb(m): 12:02pm On Nov 30, 2009
mccloud224:

I needn't be rude if you check your laced sarcasm.My earlier post had a sense of humor in it and you came up with all your "britico" sarcasm (i don't eat shit from nobody "MATE" angry)

I tell ya mate, your reaction typifies the stereotype that Africans/naijas are aggressive in nature. Still telling ya to 'CHILL OUT'.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 30, 2009
blablablablablablablablablablabl uk.fc u all
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by DOAweb(m): 12:06pm On Nov 30, 2009
mccloud224:

@Marymos

It's not just igbo land.It's the south in general for instance, the lady i intend getting down with is from akwa ibom.Already she's informing me that there are "lists" in must meet up to e.g her father's list,mother's list,uncles and aunts lists,extended relatives,his brothers,sisters. . .we aren't even talking about the traditional wedding,reception,church wedding and the rest of the wahala.Even if i intend "over managing money", i don't see myself spending less than N2-3 million. . .all to marry one woman that will give me headache after we say "i do". . . lol grin

Mate, think we are on the same page with this issue though , have to abandon my igbo gf as I can't afford her family and relatives  crappy demands.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by mccloud224(m): 12:06pm On Nov 30, 2009
I tell ya mate, your reaction typifies the stereotype that Africans/naijas are aggressive in nature. Still telling ya to 'CHILL OUT'.

See this "Britico wanna-be called". Africans/naijas are aggressive but they don't go about stabbing each other senselessly like those in the UK.Ten year gang bangers are totally unheard of.

Na rubbish yeye people like una dey run down your fellow man for there just to look good.Mumu.

All these dense people sef.

Rubbish/.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by moreshow(m): 12:08pm On Nov 30, 2009
Ndeewonu:

GBAM!

REMEMBER VVF IN THE NORTH!!!!!!

i hear u o
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by gidson12(m): 12:10pm On Nov 30, 2009
na wa oooo
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by mccloud224(m): 12:10pm On Nov 30, 2009
Mate, think we are on the same page with this issue though , have to abandon my igbo gf as I can't afford her family and relatives  crappy demands

Okay. . .I concur but first, get a grip with this "mate mate mate mate mate" thingy.It's a lil "off".Secondly, don't put finances first. . .this is Africa. . .ANYTHING can be worked out.Questions you should ask yourself are :

(1)Is she worth it?
(2)Am i ready for this?
(3)Can i afford this?
(4)Why the hell am i African? grin grin grin grin

lol

Wish you the best "mate" grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

The Best To Ask Your Girlfriend If She Is A Virgin / Ladies Who Don't Want Sex Should Stay Off Romantic Affairs. / My Relationship Is About To Hit The Rock, Pls Advice ,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.