Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,556 members, 7,941,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 05:36 PM

How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats (16853 Views)

How Do I Loose Stomach Fat? / How Do I Loose Weight? / To Reduce Fat In The Tommy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by abishegs: 5:15pm On Nov 29, 2009
i am a young lady wiv a big tommy like tht of a 3 months preg woman, i m loosing shape, and m getiing bigger upside and smaller downside, really concern and my bf is complaining too, av been doing situps but it doesnt seems to wrk either, pls give me tips on hw to burn fats, need to look gud for my engagement in dec, thnks alot
Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by Eaglebabe: 5:32pm On Nov 29, 2009
As u sit up watch what u eat.It is very very important.
Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by agathamari(f): 7:32pm On Nov 29, 2009
do crunches and cross crunches(not sit up for they are bad for the spine) practice proper posture, walk whenever possible instead of riding in cars or on bikes. try pilates as well
Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by abishegs: 7:48pm On Nov 29, 2009
cn u explain crunches and cross crunches pls, dnt think i've heard of tht before, lol
Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by agathamari(f): 9:09pm On Nov 29, 2009
it is similar to a sit up.  a sit up you literaly sit all the way up while a crunch is only a few inches (just untill you stomach muscle contract).  cross crunches you instead of crunching forward (hands behind head and knees bent) you lift your right knee and you crunch till your left elbow touch then alternate.

Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 30, 2009
My dear situps alone will not burn the fat, try cutting down the amount of food you eat also try walking for 40mins 5x a week.
Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by agathamari(f): 5:28pm On Nov 30, 2009
true, though muscle burns more calories then fat so increasing your muscles will increase your metabolism. beside what some people refer to as belly fat is flabby muscles.
Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by Seina: 9:06am On Dec 01, 2009
The most important factor in helping one lose tummy fat is regular cardiovascular exercise.
Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by Janet101(f): 10:56am On Dec 01, 2009
@poster,sit up wil only if u cut down wht u eat,dont eat last and take more fruit.
Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by abishegs: 6:36pm On Dec 07, 2009
awww, thnks everyone, av been doing enuf situps , my tomy hurts so bad nw tht i tend to bend while walking, is this normal or ve damaged something inside me,
i dnt think situp is helpful cos my tomy hurts,
Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by trimandtrendy(f): 11:35pm On Dec 07, 2009
To lose your tummy fat, apart from exercising, you should also eat the right foods. for the exercising, you should not expect to lose from only one spot. so if you do crunches and situps from today till the end of the world without adjusting your diet and exercsing generally, your tummy would still be there.
For your exercising, you can do your situps, but i would advice that you incorporate other exercises in it as well. thirty minutes walking or joggin daily would really help. you could also do skipping and other simple exercises.

For your feeding, you should reduce your carbs. you would notice that when people go on the start the south beach diet, they tend to lose thier tummy fat like magic. i would encourage you to go on the south beach diet. i have also written onw in my blog for Nigerians, it simplifies the meals with nigerian foods. Its a Nigerian food timetable for weight loss, and if you follow it religiously, i promise you, you would lose that belly fat.

If youhave any further questions, please ask, i am willing to help

you could find it here: http://africanweightloss..com/2009/10/dietfood-plantimetable-for-nigerians.html
Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by VIPICO(m): 9:37am On Dec 08, 2009
Agathamari, wonderful PE education u just gave me here. Thanks a mill.
Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by VIPICO(m): 9:43am On Dec 08, 2009
Agathamari, can you also throw more light on what pilates are?
Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by VIPICO(m): 10:19am On Dec 08, 2009
"Pi·la·tes  (pĭ-lä'tēz)   
A system of exercises that promote the strengthening of the body, often using specialized equipment.

[After Joseph Pilates (1880-1967), German-born American physical fitness instructor who developed the system.]"

Above is the result of my little research but I still need to know the kind of specialized equipment referred to here. Cheers
Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by bhouqui: 11:18am On Dec 08, 2009
Another thing that I have found that really helps is cutting down on your sugar content in food. I never believed that sugar can make you feel bloated or cause belly fat, but i did a lickle experiment and found out that anytime i eat food with high sugar content(whether its healthy or not), I feel really bloated and all,
Just a though though, but watching the sugar content in food could help, I am trying to reduce my daily sugar intake to about 20g, (trust me its hard especially when you start reading food labels and see how much sugar some things contain,especially in fizzy drinks, some so-called healthy youghurt,etc), but its definitely made me more aware and conscious of what I'm eating and what I'm doing to burn it off
Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by agathamari(f): 4:40pm On Dec 08, 2009
Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by agathamari(f): 5:02pm On Dec 08, 2009
VIPICO:

"Pi·la·tes (pĭ-lä'tēz)
A system of exercises that promote the strengthening of the body, often using specialized equipment.

[After Joseph Pilates (1880-1967), German-born American physical fitness instructor who developed the system.]"

Above is the result of my little research but I still need to know the kind of specialized equipment referred to here. Cheers
more intense then yoga but still similar. there are pilates machines but not necessary. check out

www.pilates.com/
http://www.easyvigour.net.nz/fitness/h_Free_Pilates_Exercises.htm
http://pilates.about.com/od/pilatesexercises/Free_Pilates_Exercise_Instructions.htm
http://pilates.about.com/od/pilatesmat/ss/QuickTone.htm
http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/pilates/
http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/articles/pilates/
http://www.allaboutpilates.com/pilates_workout/basic_pilates.htm
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw45.htm

as well as tons of youtube video routines.
Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by agathamari(f): 5:06pm On Dec 08, 2009
abishegs:

awww, thnks everyone, av been doing enuf situps , my tomy hurts so bad nw tht i tend to bend while walking, is this normal or ve damaged something inside me,
this pain is completely normal and actually appropriate. your muscles begin to bun durring the workout when they reach thier "comfort" level. any workout you do beyond the onset of this burning is actually when you begin to work the muscle itself. for an effective workout you should continue to work out the area no more then 20 min after the onset but no less then 5 min after onset. only work your miscles ever 2-3 days alternating it wih cardio (like walking, running, swimming, dancing) Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness is muscle pain that is felt 12-24 hours after exercise, especially when starting a new workout routine. it is a normal response to unusual exertion felt by your muscles. It will lead to your muscles adapting to the exertion and intensity of the workout, and increased stamina. The muscle aches and pains are thought to be a result of minute tears of the muscle fibers. that leads to greater stamina and strength as the muscles recover and build

1 Like

Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by Solveall: 6:13pm On Dec 08, 2009
Losing fat in a particular part of the body isn't that easy. most times you have to work on your entire body. it is important to mind the type of food you eat. not all foods are good if you want to lose fat. its not about not eating carbohydrates but eating the right foods. exercise is necessary. send a mail to <weightlossaffairs@rocketmail.com> for total weight loss details. cheers
Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by agathamari(f): 6:16pm On Dec 08, 2009
dominique why arnt my responces showing up on this topic?
Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by beninman1(m): 8:42pm On Dec 09, 2009
You need to eat healthy. No amount of sit ups can compensate for healthy eaiting.

see some useful articles here http://www.fatstripping.com/articles.html
Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by phuckNL: 3:10am On Dec 10, 2009
abishegs:

I'll advice you to stop immediately. You may hurt yoursefl if you overtrain ur tommy muscle. Always give your muscles at least 24-48hrs rest.
By the way, if you do situps or crunches from now till 2050, you will not, i repeat, you will not get a flat tummy or burn any fat.

The key to losing weight is overall weight loss. You can not spot reduce fat.
Weight loss is really easy. Diet alone without exercise can make you loose 1-2lbs per week.
All you need to do is focus more on strength exercises and add a little bit of cardio for better lungs and heart. You don't need to run for 10hrs on a treadmill.

Here's a plan, first, stop eating rice. As nigerians, we eat too much damn rice. Cut out eba, and amala as well. Focus more on foods like beans, fish cereals and vegetables. Eat a lot of fruits when you are hungry instead of Mr Biggs. Eat oranges, tangerines etc.
Start small, the key to weight loss is consistencey. You did not gain 50 pounds overnight. Aim for a max of 1-2lbs per week and you will be looking like Halle Berry in 1yr.
Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by phuckNL: 10:23am On Dec 10, 2009
phuck_NL:

I'll advice you to stop immediately. You may hurt yoursefl if you overtrain your tommy muscle. Always give your muscles at least 24-48hrs rest.
By the way, if you do situps or crunches from now till 2050, you will not, i repeat, you will not get a flat tummy or burn any fat.

The key to losing weight is overall weight loss. You can not spot reduce fat.
Weight loss is really easy. Diet alone without exercise can make you loose 1-2lbs per week.
All you need to do is focus more on strength exercises and add a little bit of cardio for better lungs and heart. You don't need to run for 10hrs on a treadmill.

Here's a plan, first, stop eating rice. As nigerians, we eat too much damn rice. Cut out eba, and amala as well. Focus more on foods like beans, fish cereals and vegetables. Eat a lot of fruits when you are hungry instead of Mr Biggs. Eat oranges, tangerines etc.
Start small, the key to weight loss is consistencey. You did not gain 50 pounds overnight. Aim for a max of 1-2lbs per week and you will be looking like Halle Berry in 1yr.
Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by agathamari(f): 10:59am On Dec 10, 2009
let me try this again

@ abishegs this pain is completely normal and actually appropriate. your muscles begin to bun durring the workout when they reach thier "comfort" level. any workout you do beyond the onset of this burning is actually when you begin to work the muscle itself. for an effective workout you should continue to work out the area no more then 20 min after the onset but no less then 5 min after onset. only work your miscles ever 2-3 days alternating it wih cardio (like walking, running, swimming, dancing) Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness is muscle pain that is felt 12-24 hours after exercise, especially when starting a new workout routine. it is a normal response to unusual exertion felt by your muscles. It will lead to your muscles adapting to the exertion and intensity of the workout, and increased stamina. The muscle aches and pains are thought to be a result of minute tears of the muscle fibers. that leads to greater stamina and strength as the muscles recover and build

@vipico more intense then yoga but still similar. there are pilates machines but not necessary. check out

www.pilates.com/
http://www.easyvigour.net.nz/fitness/h_Free_Pilates_Exercises.htm
http://pilates.about.com/od/pilatesexercises/Free_Pilates_Exercise_Instructions.htm
http://pilates.about.com/od/pilatesmat/ss/QuickTone.htm
http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/pilates/
http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/articles/pilates/
http://www.allaboutpilates.com/pilates_workout/basic_pilates.htm
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw45.htm

as well as tons of youtube video routines.
Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by goldilocks(f): 2:25pm On Dec 16, 2009
sweetheart, crunches is for strengthening the abdominal muscles. you need to burn fat. if you don't burn it u will end up with a big and hard stomach basically muscled stomach ok? you need to start running cardio is great and strength training. along with that at least two grapefruits everyday that will help seed things up. no more soda stop stop stop. drink lots of water side effect is that you will urinate more often and that will help flush toxins. eat as healthy as you can afford. this is what is still working for me. now my abs are almost flat. i just need more cardio and toning. yes i forgot the most important thing. protein esp plant protein make beans your best friend. now am a beans lover only i make it with sweet potatoes. hope this helps.
Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by slimming: 6:18pm On May 10, 2012
Use our care package for tummy and slimming care.

Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by omachi1026(m): 1:04pm On May 23, 2012
Ok, I can show you how to achieve this objective with less effort and also show you how to have a better life and prosperous one attached to it.
The following can be achieved with crazy Fit massage! Note Medical advantages of using the Crazy Fit Machine massage system:
Psycho-physical advantages
• Weight loss (slimming and reshaping the body);
• Anti-cellulite through the promotion of the of the blood flow to the problem areas;
• Doubling of blood circulation after training resulting in the body carrying off waste products much faster thereby enhancing recovery;
• Significant hormonal effects from training (increased testosterone and growth hormone and decreased cortisol ‘stress hormone’);
• Enhances skin and tissue elasticity;
• Increase of peripheral microcirculation;
• Toning muscles and enhancement of lymphatic drainage;
• Body remodelling;
• Muscle strengthening;
• Total disengagement of the cardio-circulatory system;
• Prevention of osteoporosis through the maintenance of flexibility in the bones. (Better bone density);
• Prevention of venous afflictions of chronic blood insufficiency to the heart, paralyses and atrophy;
• Rehabilitation in case of sport injuries as may be needed to injuries associated to the Achilles’ tendon or knee lesions;
• Anti-stress and relaxation;
• Enhancement of space and time perception;
• Superior sports training to enhance explosive power and flexibility associated to the Achilles’ tendon or knee lesions.

Interested contact me on oobidike@gmail.com.
Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by Alexylas: 10:56pm On May 31, 2012
I
Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by bayonle1(m): 3:00pm On Jun 01, 2012
I have a painless solution for you that works in just two weeks.
A simple trial will convince you greatly.
Just take a step of faith and
call 08067002793,08076154449
Re: How Do I Loose My Tommy Fats by doczero: 5:09pm On Jun 01, 2012
belly fats are usually stubborn to lose. The preferred way is to watch what you eat and when to eat them. Aerobic exercises like running, swimming and cycling will help you more. For free information on what to do to get a flat belly, visit this site, www.bellyfatshrinker.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure / FG Agrees To Appoint Surgeon-general Of The Federation / World Cancer Day: Only 8 Teaching Hospitals Have Radiotherapy Machines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.