Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,818 members, 7,906,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 11:36 PM

FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers (7662 Views)

Osinbajo: Jonathan Shared N150bn Two Weeks To 2015 Polls / "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says / Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by Islie: 10:57pm On Jan 25, 2017
The Federal Government on Wednesday ordered the payment of N150 billion Petroleum Equalization Fund (PEF) owed petroleum marketers in the country.

The move is aimed at thwarting the imminent threat to steady fuel supply in the country.

The order for the payment was given at a meeting between the Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari and key players in the petroleum downstream sector.

The N150 billion is said to be the bridging cost for the delivery of petroleum products across the country.
The National Secretary of Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN), Zarma Mustapha, briefed State House correspondents at the end of the closed-door meeting, which lasted about two hours.

He said: “The meeting had nothing to do with increase in petroleum pump prices.

“We looked into the issue of diesel and kerosene and as a matter of fact government is tackling the issues.

“The other issue is the issue of franchise which is the petroleum equalization fund which marketers are owed up to about N150 billion. That issue has been resolved. The government has directed that our monies must be paid and I am assuring you that with the payment of this money there is no cause for alarm.

“We are assuring our marketers that they should go back to their normal business as their outstanding money will be paid in few days.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/fg-orders-payment-n150bn-petroleum-marketers/

lalasticlala
Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by amnwa(m): 10:59pm On Jan 25, 2017
FTC again and again

Seems like my village people have finally left me..

Isn't this same subsidy the removed .. This government and their lies are 5%6

Gm pals.. Am here to read comments grin

7 Likes

Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by thedarksider: 10:59pm On Jan 25, 2017
owed in the time of jonathan,yes...

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by rifasenate11(m): 11:02pm On Jan 25, 2017
so after N145 per litre we have gone back to subsidies. which other policies haven't failed.

20 Likes

Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by Emekamex(m): 11:27pm On Jan 25, 2017
Are we back to paying subsidies? Nothing seems to working well for this government.

14 Likes

Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by Sibrah: 11:31pm On Jan 25, 2017
rifasenate11:
so after N145 per litre we have gone back to subsidies. which other policies haven't failed.
Market forces of demand & supply or crude price is not a policy.

7 Likes

Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by Adesiji77: 11:51pm On Jan 25, 2017
Hmmm
Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by gabng(m): 1:19am On Jan 26, 2017
Sibrah:
Market forces of demand & supply or crude price is not a policy.

Bro don't mind them. Ignorance is bliss.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by mykeljosef: 2:44am On Jan 26, 2017
this government never really had a plan or vision

bubu just wanted to be president and ball b4 he kpeme

he got his wish but both wailers n zombies are receiving the rebound effect

17 Likes

Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by Splashme: 3:42am On Jan 26, 2017
Subsidy again even at N145 a liter?
SHAME on you Buhari/APC govt

8 Likes

Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by Firefire(m): 5:35am On Jan 26, 2017
Wetin I wan talk sef? embarassed
Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by DoyenExchange: 6:57am On Jan 26, 2017
Good. One problem almost gone. Next is FOREX.
Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by ibkgab001: 6:57am On Jan 26, 2017
Ok ... But why doyenexchange dey block my view to see fire fire directly
Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by George2016(m): 7:27am On Jan 26, 2017
Okay
Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by Mopolchi: 7:28am On Jan 26, 2017
Okay. Buhari is working.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by hemucology(m): 7:29am On Jan 26, 2017
I beg use that money to do mmm

So our money will being paid ooooo ooooo oooooo

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by jesus500(m): 7:31am On Jan 26, 2017
And the money will be mis-maneged as usual. I cry for my country.
Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by izzou(m): 7:31am On Jan 26, 2017
hemucology:
I beg use that money to do mmm

So our money will being paid ooooo ooooo oooooo
grin
Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by BackToLife: 7:32am On Jan 26, 2017
~FUTURE~
~AMBITIONS~

*Teacher*: segeluulu !
*Segeluulu*: Yes ma !
*Teacher*: What do you want to become when you grow up ?
*Segeluulu*: I want to be a drug trafficker; I'll smuggle drugs from Dubai into china , I'll kill anyone that comes my way, I'll build mighty edifices in Malaysia, Indonesia and Paris, I'll get married early and buy a private jet for my *wife* If she requests for 1million , I'll give her 10million .
*Teacher*: Will you shutup! stupid boy! Sitdown my friend, you don't know anything. Gloria, standup and tell the class what you want to become when you grow up .
*Gloria*:I'll like to be segeluulu's wife
*Teacher*: shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by basty: 7:33am On Jan 26, 2017
amnwa:
FTC again and again

Seems like my village people have finally left me..

Isn't this same subsidy the removed .. This government and their lies are 5%6

Gm pals.. Am here to read comments grin

Take am buy latest Car in town, Oloshi

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by olaolulazio(m): 7:34am On Jan 26, 2017
Okay.

Meanwhile, petrol is 145 naira to a litre while kerosene is 450 naira per litre. Dont u think its good to start cooking with petrol?

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by lakrene: 7:38am On Jan 26, 2017
I tot subsidy Ara is over as publicized by this govt.
God pls what have we done as a country to deserve this?
Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by tolexy05(m): 7:38am On Jan 26, 2017
Ok we go see who is fooling who
Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by JustCare: 7:39am On Jan 26, 2017
Lol *in buhari's voice* who's subsidizing who undecided
Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by Igbaba2: 7:44am On Jan 26, 2017
This country can only b developed if we gv our leaders d leverage to work wtout insults frm evri corner......Some pipu in country are potential wailers, dey're expertise in destructive criticism. Lets b wise and learn decorum our complain dos nt leave nailand, so what d bleep!

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by SmartMugu: 7:48am On Jan 26, 2017
Must this country really stay together as one? Isn't it apparent it's currently driven by confused minds, and the populace have different orientations, expectations and beliefs.
Nothing works when people of different mindsets are forced to live together and have confused folks leading them. Just a thought.
Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by tete7000(m): 7:49am On Jan 26, 2017
Equalization fund, yet prices are not uniform across the country. The fraud continues.
Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by RentALodge: 7:50am On Jan 26, 2017
I'm part of the vanguard pushing for subsidy removal, but the timing is wrong. If our refineries are matching our local demands , then it begins to make sense for subsidy removal, if PHCN is stable with electricity supply, there will be less demand on fuel and subsidy removal will have a merit .I have few questions:

Dangote is building refineries without subsidy money(?), why can't we (Nigeria) do same?. I still wonder why a country like south Africa that doesn't have crude oil have refineries more than Nigeria?

With single treasury account , money recovered from looters , why can't we fix the basic thing (Power)?.

Also, there is something amiss. When did the chief of staff have the constitutional authority to head a government meeting and to direct the treasury department to make payments on behalf of the federal government. Where is the VP who is supposed to perform the duties of the president in the absence of the President.
There is something amiss.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by ayindejimmy(m): 7:55am On Jan 26, 2017
Emekamex:
Are we back to paying subsidies? Nothing seems to working well for this government.

If the government does not subsidize the price of petrol, it will fluctuate.
As at now, the price is stable unlike kerosene and diesel which are not subsidized

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by Eastactivist: 7:56am On Jan 26, 2017
So finally buhari has shunned his zombies to release money to the oil tycoons...

Lol
Soldier come soldier go oil tycoon will always be an oil tycoon... grin
Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by Agimor(m): 7:57am On Jan 26, 2017
One thing I have observed lately in this Bubu regime is that you need to cry out like blind Bartimaeus, for your voice to be heard or else you would die in silence. The government is insensitive to our needs.
Re: FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers by Ekpekus(m): 7:59am On Jan 26, 2017
Dem say subsidy nor dey, so wetin this money dey for?
You dey look am e dey go o , ogidigbogbo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 / NNPCL Ends Fuel Import Dec 2024, Projects ₦4.5 Trillion Revenue / Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.