Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,247 members, 7,891,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:36 AM

Help! My Husband Is "pushing", What Can I Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Husband Is "pushing", What Can I Do? (2210 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Some Sweet USUALS Every Husband Is Supposed To Be Giving To His Wife / My Wife Is Pushing Me To Do Things I Don't Like Please Advice Your Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Husband Is "pushing", What Can I Do? by Sundaqueen: 12:15pm On Jan 15, 2007
Hello people, this is a cry for help from a desperate oyibo woman, wife and mother, who really needs your advice. My husband found his "eldorado" about a month ago; he stoped working and started to bring a lot of money (by "a lot" I mean literally "a lot"wink home; by private investigations I realized that he is a drug dealer (I mean there is no doubt).  He doesn´t want to talk to me, sayin that I don´t want him to earn money; he denies that he would pushing, but tells me such a bullshit like "he gave me a lot of money because he likes me" etc.

What can I do? We are living in Europe. My husband is a person of noble sang; he is a king. I´m really frozen by the thought that he might end up in a jail and I´ll be here alone with the rest of our family.

What shall I do? Should I speak to his parents? (In fact, I have good relationship with his family, but I´m afraid that this could be a shock for them.) What would you do if were wearing my shoes? I´m really in need of your opinion.
Re: Help! My Husband Is "pushing", What Can I Do? by mamaput(f): 8:23pm On Jan 15, 2007
When you are talking on the phone do not forget police tap lines.
Re: Help! My Husband Is "pushing", What Can I Do? by mamaput(f): 8:24pm On Jan 15, 2007
If you love your children ask him to move out.
The day they will raid your house sorry 4 you.
Re: Help! My Husband Is "pushing", What Can I Do? by Omoso(m): 10:23am On Jun 23, 2010
GTGF Go to God first
Re: Help! My Husband Is "pushing", What Can I Do? by MissIfe(f): 10:59am On Jun 23, 2010
What does he say and how does he behave when you talk to him about it? Did you confront him?

How was he doing with his previous job?

First things first, make sure your home is clear and clean of any drug or other people involved in such business,
Re: Help! My Husband Is "pushing", What Can I Do? by jokingmary(m): 11:49am On Jun 23, 2010
I think you should pray before any actions.
Re: Help! My Husband Is "pushing", What Can I Do? by omega25red(m): 2:19pm On Jun 23, 2010
jokingmary:

I think you should pray before any actions.
what exactly wil prayer do in this situation? trust me if the man is selling drugs like she said no prayer will help him quit that fast money only jail time. Poster like someone else said ask him to move out because if the cops raid your home they will not care if you knew about it or not they will simply say as an adult you didn't know where your husband was coming up with so much money? Then you also will be taken in.
If he doesn't move you should move and tell him you will only be back when he stops. i wouldn't involve his parents because you are grown, married and with kids and this is your life so deal with it.
Re: Help! My Husband Is "pushing", What Can I Do? by Fhemmmy: 2:53pm On Jun 23, 2010
This sand pass gari
Re: Help! My Husband Is "pushing", What Can I Do? by softgirl1: 4:18pm On Jun 23, 2010
engage in fasting and prayers and at the same time show him more lv tell him how important he is in ur life and dat of the kids tell him u will manage with anyting he gives u try to persuade him with God he will come out of it
Re: Help! My Husband Is "pushing", What Can I Do? by Godalone(m): 5:39pm On Jun 23, 2010
This is 2007 thread,may be the man is already in jail by now.
Re: Help! My Husband Is "pushing", What Can I Do? by no1madman(m): 6:16pm On Jun 23, 2010
Na2day!He'll never stop. .just tell him 2 be careful or divorce him.
Believe it or not,if d police break into your home and find drugs,u'll still escape it because as a white woman and a citizen of that country,u have an advantage compare to a black woman in d same country.
your Man will go 2 prison,if found guilty.
Re: Help! My Husband Is "pushing", What Can I Do? by oderemo(m): 8:20pm On Jun 30, 2010
Na2day!He'll never stop. .just tell him 2 be careful or divorce him.
Believe it or not,if d police break into your home and find drugs,u'll still escape it because as a white woman and a citizen of that country,u have an advantage compare to a black woman in d same country.
your Man will go 2 prison,if found guilty.

are you talking frm experience or the cop.?
Re: Help! My Husband Is "pushing", What Can I Do? by agathamari(f): 6:06pm On Jul 02, 2010
if i were in your shoes i would tell him drop the business or you cause you dont need to put your life ot that of your child in danger. rival dealers think of nothing when it comes to hurting or killing the family of thier rivvals
Re: Help! My Husband Is "pushing", What Can I Do? by Romeo4real(m): 8:41pm On Jul 02, 2010
This is very simple. You need to pack your stuff and move out until he comes back to his senses. Make no bones about this, your husbands line of work WILL put you and the kids in harms way. Also, he WILL get caught. It is only a matter of time. You do not need to put your kids through the horrors of a midnight drugs raid on your house, and seeing their father being tasered or pepper sprayed and led away in cuffs.
Also you could end up going to jail and losing your kids to social services if it could be proven in ANY way that your knew about this. Mark my words, it is standard procedure to tie the spouses of drugs dealers to the business - as it is highly unlikely that they were unaware of what is going on. They are usually handled as co-conspirators.

Also, over time, your husband will make you part of the business. It is only natural. he may ask you to hide stuff for him, take cash to the safety deposit box, or even help in laundering the proceeds. This WILL makes you an accomplice - and whilst you may plead your innocence, in the meantime, your kids will be taken into care.

If this man really cared about his family, he will not be engaged in a line of business that puts them in jeopardy - and if you could find out after doing some preliminary investigations, he is obviously not that good at hiding it, and he is bringing back evidence of his business back into the family home. It is simply a matter of time before this deck of cards come crumbling down. Tell him you are taking your kids and leaving, unless he gives up this shameful thing!
Re: Help! My Husband Is "pushing", What Can I Do? by Leilah(f): 11:52pm On Jul 02, 2010
I dont beleive ur story mate
Re: Help! My Husband Is "pushing", What Can I Do? by xxcarolxx(f): 11:48pm On Jul 03, 2010
Leilah:

I dont beleive your story mate
Whats not to believe? I know of one person it has happened to, they believed by travelling to the north they would get away with it, but when he came back down south for a party he ended up getting arrested and they saw he had a warrant out against him. So at the moment he is enjoying life in the joy.

(1) (Reply)

The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women / Nobody Owes You Anything In Life: A Very Wrong Statement / 18 And I Want To Die Already, Why Do I Over Think?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.