Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,315 members, 7,978,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 05:18 PM

Reps Set To Probe DSS Over Kanu And Dasuki - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Reps Set To Probe DSS Over Kanu And Dasuki (433 Views)

Sowore And Dasuki Were Released On Compassionate Grounds, Says Malami / Nigerian House Of Reps Set Up Panel To Investigate Excessive Charges By Discos / Asari Dokubo Unites Nnamdi Kanu And Ralph Uwazuruike (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Set To Probe DSS Over Kanu And Dasuki by Psoul(m): 7:16pm On Jan 27, 2017
- The House of Representatives set up a committee to investigate the action of the Department of State Service (DSS)

- The DSS is being acussed of unlawful detention and arrest of people

- The DSS is also being accused of disobeying court orders

The House of Representatives has called for an investigation into the act of the Department of State Service over unlawful arrest and detention of people and their continuous refusal to obey court order and release detained personalities.

According to Daily Post, the House of Representatives decided on this investigation after the DSS refused court orders to release the leader of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Namdi Kanu and former National Security Adviser (NSA) Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd).

After a failed attempt to arrest Apostle Johnson Suleman of Omega Fire Ministry, the lower chambers on Thursday, January 27, mandated its Committee on human Rights, Police Affairs, National Security, Intelligence and Justice to investigate alleged unlawful arrests and detention by the DSS.

Against the backdrop of its rising impunity, the lower legislative chambers, on Thursday mandated its Committees on Human Rights, Police Affairs, National Security, Intelligence and Justice to investigate all cases of unlawful and arbitrary arrests and detention of citizens.

The House gave the committee four weeks to provide evidence against DSS for unlawful detaining and disobedience of court orders.

The resolution followed a motion by Toby Okechukwu, Ali Madaki, Kingsley Chinda, Zakari Mohammed and six others.

Okechukwu, who represents Aninri/Awgu federal constituency of Enugu state, said: “These actions are unacceptable in a democratic society.”

The House also condemned the arrest of the National President of National Youth Council of Nigerian (NYCN) Ikenga Ugochinyere, Ugo Apuamagha, Emeka ldibia, and Ejike Nwachukwu, who were arrested on December 22, 2016 for allegedly planning a protest.

They ordered DSS to immediately release them or charge them to court without further delay.

Meanwhile, Apostle Johnson Suleman has permitted the chamber of Olayiwola Afolabi & Co to take legal action against the DSS for attempting to arrest him

The lead counsel of the company, Olayiwola Afolabi, describes the action of the DSS as a Luciferic attack on a harmless, innocent and trustworthy citizen

Spokesperson for the OFM, Dr. Sule Emmanuel, says the government has failed to protect people from rampaging herdsmen.

https://www.naij.com/1084939-reps-set-probe-dss-kanu-dasuki.html
Re: Reps Set To Probe DSS Over Kanu And Dasuki by DozieInc(m): 7:39pm On Jan 27, 2017
Daura Secret Service
Re: Reps Set To Probe DSS Over Kanu And Dasuki by BraniacX(m): 8:05pm On Jan 27, 2017
About time!! undecided
Re: Reps Set To Probe DSS Over Kanu And Dasuki by Psoul(m): 8:16pm On Jan 27, 2017
Hunter is hunted.
Change the Change
Re: Reps Set To Probe DSS Over Kanu And Dasuki by Neatboy(m): 9:50pm On Jan 27, 2017
I am only angry simply because I foresaw all these things that are befalling us as a people. We cried out loud that this man has nothing to offer to no avail, instead my people called me names. Tinubu just used his media power to repackaged this man like a demigod, using the principle of 'the end justifies the means'. To let my friends know how sincere I was with my plea, I told them that I can vote for anybody in APC except PMB cause I strongly knew deep down in my spirit that he's not qualified. But I weep when my bosom friend told me that even if PMB had presented a NEPA bill as his certificate he would vote for him. That was exactly when I hanged my head in shame and wept. Now most of these people are passing through pains. Some of those friends of mine had even lost their jobs. Now the rhythm of the song has changed. My main points were: intellectually he's not fit, morally he was over hyped, he lacked the spirit of patriotism--I saw him more like an Hausa/Fulani leader than as a Nigeria leader, his age must affect him mentally cause we're in jet age, economically he was and still he's not sound. This is my first time of commenting about PMB since he assumed power. And this must be my last time till he leaves power...

(1) (Reply)

Ex-nimasa DG, Akpobolokemi Attacks Female Journalist In Court Premises / Let's Stop The Hate Or We May All Soon Be "The Late..." / A Nairalander's View On 2FACE Idibia Cancelled Protest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.