Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,667 members, 7,889,175 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 02:20 AM

Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze (1443 Views)

Restructuring Will Not Solve Nigeria's Problem – Atiku / "Uncontrollable Crisis Looms In Nigeria Without Restructuring" – Nnia Nwodo / Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by omoharry(f): 4:14pm On Feb 02, 2017
By Peter Okutu ABAKALIKI-THE Igbo apex body, Ohaneze Ndigbo Thursday insisted that Igbo Presidency without restructuring the nation’s political sphere will still not end the agitations coming from various ethnic groups across the country. The National Publicity Secretary of the group, Mr. Uche Achi-Okaga, who in a statement issued in Abakaliki, explained that Ohaneze was an organized and focused organization added that no amount of propaganda on issue of Igbo presidency would distract it from pursuing its core mandate of protecting the welfare and interest of Ndigbo in every part of the country. According to the group, Ohaneze will not identify with any political party that is not in tandem with the call for the restructuring of the country. The statement read in part: “Mind you that in Ohaneze we are focused, so that one cannot use the issue of Igbo presidency to distract us. On restructuring we stand. Igbo presidency without restructuring will make little or no difference neither would the various ethnic agitations cease. “Defection of some Igbo personalities to the All Progressive Congress, APC, is of no relevance to Ohaneze. One can defect to Heaven or hell but Ndigbo will not identify with any political party that is not in marriage with restructuring. “Governor Okorocha can speak for Imo APC or the government of Imo State, but he is not in a good stead to speak for Ndigbo. “On the rumoured death of the President, God forbid that we should wish anybody death because death is like an identity card which we all have with its attendant expiry date. “However, if you occupy a public position maintained with tax payers money (including but not limited to medical trips) it behooves that you should account to them in all ramifications. The presidential Aids who are keeping mum on the President’s health condition are severely owing Nigerians that obligation. “It smells to high heavens that even the Minister of Information (who is also paid with tax payers money) cannot inform Nigerians on the issue. Instead, he prefers to tell us about the stale news of ‘information about Book Haram. “The issue affecting Apostle Suleiman suggests that the truth is hidden. We read in the tabloids that Northern Governors said the rampaging herdsmen are foreigners, non of the security agencies refuted or questioned the Governors. “Now does it mean that we should allow foreigners to come and be killing Nigerians? We demand an explanation even as we condemn violence and inciting words or actions”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/02/igbo-presidency-without-restructuring-will-not-end-ethnic-agitations-ohanaeze-ndigbo/

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by HungerBAD: 4:15pm On Feb 02, 2017
Who takes these guys serious?

And most importantly who takes the agitation by the Easterners even serious at all?the Ohaneze is a joke,and their agitation a comedy show.

What exactly do they want restructured?for us to move the Capital of Nigeria to Onitsha?or without contesting for any vote,we should just give them the Presidency because they are Igbo's?

Okay I get it. They want equal redistribution of the Wealth from the Niger Delta,so theirs can be bigger?talk of greedy people.

I am yet to see somebody from the East agitating for restructuring,make one sense to me at all.

Just like this article which is clamouring for restructuring without naming ONE thing that needs to be restructured.

What is the Ndigbo ready to give to Nigeria?

Tired of reading about wanting this or wanting that,as if they are special. You guys should go read the story of Oliver Twist again.

He asked for more and got FLOGGED.

Cry Babies.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by babyfaceafrica: 4:16pm On Feb 02, 2017
He has a point

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by mazimee(m): 4:18pm On Feb 02, 2017
omoharry:
“Defection of some Igbo personalities to the All Progressive Congress, APC, is of no relevance to Ohaneze. One can defect to Heaven or hell but Ndigbo will not identify with any political party that is not in marriage with restructuring. “Governor Okorocha can speak for Imo APC or the government of Imo State, but he is not in a good stead to speak for Ndigbo.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by mazimee(m): 4:19pm On Feb 02, 2017
It is either we restructure the country or we go our separate ways. Nothing more, nothing less.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by madridguy(m): 4:21pm On Feb 02, 2017
NO VACANCY IN ASO ROCK.

SAI BABA TILL 2023.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by Fedayeen02: 4:24pm On Feb 02, 2017
Afonjas don take seat before umu igbo grin

Hungerbad ati madridguy i can sight you guys grin

Ohanaeze has finally gotten it right. Let's clamour for fiscal federalism first and leave all these presidency bullshit that the north has been fighting and holding unto while their region is no different from Somalia, Chad, Niger or Afghanistan

Umu igbo ekene m unu

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by cheruv: 4:26pm On Feb 02, 2017
Mehn...this is the type of ohaneze we need...Nwaodo is the real deal cool

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by Fedayeen02: 4:29pm On Feb 02, 2017
HungerBAD:
Who [s]takes these guys serious?

And most importantly who takes the agitation by the Easterners even serious at all?the Ohaneze is a joke,and their agitation a comedy show.

What exactly do they want restructured?for us to move the Capital of Nigeria to Onitsha?or without contesting for any vote,we should just give them the Presidency because they are Igbo's?

Okay I get it. They want equal redistribution of the Wealth [/s]from the Niger Delta,so theirs can be bigger?talk of greedy people.

I am yet to see somebody from the East agitating for restructuring,make one sense to me at all.

Just like this article which is clamouring for restructuring without naming ONE thing that needs to be restructured.

Cry Babies.
Look up the meaning of Restructuring or Fiscal Federalim before typing in fits

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by Fedayeen02: 4:30pm On Feb 02, 2017
That funny moment when Hungerbad thinks restructuring is same as Secession

15 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by Blue3k(m): 4:31pm On Feb 02, 2017
Lol what does the ethnicity of the president matter. I vote on policies that serve my interest. I vote principles not ethnic partisanship.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 02, 2017
But it will definitely end the call for Biafra.

The good news is that Igbos can never produce any president for Nigeria.

They themselves are not united and will not agree on one man.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by Olabestonic001(m): 4:34pm On Feb 02, 2017
HungerBAD:

Okay I get it. They want equal redistribution of the Wealth from the Niger Delta,so theirs can be bigger?talk of greedy people.

Cry Babies.

No, they're very right on this one.
Yoruba's also wants restructuring and not political 'giftings'! The Restructuring we're asking for is that which allows every 'region' or states to generate her own money and pay some % to the federal govt. That will ensure that no one can shout marginalization again and all can grow at their own pace.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by Fedayeen02: 4:35pm On Feb 02, 2017
Let's Restructure this country. Decentralise powers to the states so that there will be healthy competition. States can now use their resources the way they deem fit and also states can diversify and do comparative analysis with neighbouring states on what they can produce so that their IGR can boom

If there is restructuring Lagos population will reduce because governors will offer incentive to local investors to come in and invest
Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by Fedayeen02: 4:36pm On Feb 02, 2017
Tifemide2017:
But it will definitely end the call for Biafra.

The good news is that Igbos can never produce any president for Nigeria.

They themselves are not united and will not agree on one man.
Hello Kid go to Pet section and see pictures of dogs and cats

Thank you

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by Igboid: 4:42pm On Feb 02, 2017
HungerBAD:

Tired of reading about wanting this or wanting that,as if they are special. You guys should go read the story of Oliver Twist again.

Cry Babies.

Incoherent ranting of a pained Yoruba Igbohating muslim.

This is Ohanaeze submission to NASS on Nigeria restructuring, years ago:http://igbofocus.com/Ohanaeze/OHE2/ohe2.html

Though on a more serious note, not even those submissions if accepted and put into action will stop the demand by Igbo grassroots to chart a different existential course away from the people of Islamic republic of Arewa-Oduanistan.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by zendy: 4:47pm On Feb 02, 2017
Borrowing the words of Peter Obi, "Nigeria is a Car with a knocked Engine. You can change the driver as many times as you like but unless you change the Engine, it wont make any difference"

Igbo presidency is nonsense without restructuring. Infact, any presudency in Nigeria is doomed to faliure without restructuring.

The 36 states should be dissolved, a referendunm must be held so that the 774 local governments can decide which of the 6 Regions they want to belong to, and all 774 local Govts must retain at least 67% of the proceeds of their land and retain resource control.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by Omoluabi16(m): 5:44pm On Feb 02, 2017
The reality is that the current Nigerian setting isn't working. The military or democracy has not been able to give us what we want. It's a pointer to the fact that the structure is wrong. regionalism, federalism or disintegration scares the s##t out of a certain tribe, and I don't know why.
Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 02, 2017
Igboid:

Incoherent ranting of a pained Yoruba Igbohating muslim.

This is Ohanaeze submission to NASS on Nigeria restructuring, years ago:http://igbofocus.com/Ohanaeze/OHE2/ohe2.html

Though on a more serious note, not even those submissions if accepted and put into action will stop the demand by Igbo grassroots to chart a different existential course away from the people of Islamic republic of Arewa-Oduanistan.
Oga, we are waiting for your own coherent analysis.

So, everyone that constructively criticizes your dead Biafra aspiration is a Muslim.

It is only low class shallow minded citizens like you that think Christian Igbos don't rap with Muslims.

Your Ekweremadu had to team up with Abubakar Bukola Saraki to retain his post as DSP.

What have you got to say to that?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by Igboid: 6:01pm On Feb 02, 2017
Tifemide2017:

Oga, we are waiting for your own coherent analysis.

So, everyone that constructively criticizes your dead Biafra aspiration is a Muslim.

It is only low class shallow minded citizens like you that think Christian Igbos don't rap with Muslims.

Your Ekweremadu had to team up with Abubakar Bukola Saraki to retain his post as DSP.

What have you got to say to that?

Can you show me where the constructive criticism in that Yoruba Muslim Post is? More like Igbo bashing and denigration with no substance whatsoever.

Igbos don't only team up with Muslims, we team up with Hindus in India, Buddhists in China, Atheists in Poland, USA, Germany, etc.

We are that free minded.
So I don't know what you are rambling about. Better face front.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by medpren: 6:08pm On Feb 02, 2017
Even Afonjas like hungerbad are bowing to this new Ohaneze who understand what it means to represent the most intelligent and resilient Black race in Africa (As proven by research in foreign varsities).

Not the bribe-swallowing dud-heads like Isiguzoro that we use to have there.
Good one.

grin grin
Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by Fedayeen02: 6:21pm On Feb 02, 2017
Lalasticlala let the world see what igbos via Ohaneze wants
Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by NaMeAboki: 7:10pm On Feb 02, 2017
HungerBAD:

Cry Babies.

Well said, their complain is too much and quite unnecessary; they go about as if the rest of us owe them a living simply because they are Igbos.

Who has stopped anyone of them joining a party and contesting for the presidency?

I want to believe that Alex Ekweme and Ojukwu both tried and lost fairly; the latter's lack of popularity did not even allow him win his own constituency - clearly being rejected by his ppl, talkless by the whole country.

What dishonest co-travellers, so because of their by hook or by crook attitude, we must change the rules of the game midway in order to please them - as if they did not agree to the rules in the beginning.

They keep blaming Lord Lugard for amalgamating the country, forgetting that we are also students of history and did miss the part where they were quite happy to go along with the amalgamation; even though they had the opportunity to opt out at the point of our independence - indeed they were leading proponents and were famously angry with the north for delaying our collective independence by one year.

After failing to make headway through tribal politics; they subsequently changed the rules by force through the barrel of the gun, in the first military coup thereby derailing our nascent democracy and the course of our destiny for ever.

They were in this regard the first to restructure this country, by abolishing the regional structure we had, in order to concentrate power to themselves.
Unfortunately, it backfired because they didn't last in power, they were toppled and we also had the war; but nonetheless not before leaving us with the legacy of the basic model of the unitary system we have today - ironically something they are now bitterly against.

In short, Igbos were responsible for messing up our promising political structure and system. In fact, even the concept of rotational presidency and geopolitical zones were accepted in order to accommodate them; yet they are still not satisfied and now demanding for re-restructuring - how many times do we have to flip-flop for them, what sore losers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by Igboid: 7:44pm On Feb 02, 2017
Just to set the records straight, cos I can see Yorubas still think this is 1960's when naive Igbo fore runners allowed their Lagos-Ibadan media houses of falsehood and propaganda run amok undebunked.

"Secondly at the 1954 Constitutional Conference that was held in Lagos, the Action Group, under the distinguished leadership of Chief Obafemi Awolowo, demanded that the “right to secession” be included in the proposed new constitution.This was rejected by the Colonial Secretary, Oliver Lyttleton."
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/time-think-femi-fani-kayode/

"... the Gowon regime dissolved the regional structures and created 12 states in their place.14 Shortly afterwards, the country became embroiled in a civil war which ended formally on 15 January 1970". http://books.openedition.org/ifra/634?lang=en

And lastly:
he memo dated January 8, 1967 began with: “Your Excellency, in view of my discussion with you last night, I am raising this memo in the interest our fatherland, Nigeria”. Akenzua traced the long hard road that Nigeria had travelled and stressed on the need to keep a United Nigeria.

He said in the memo that Gowon had given too much away in Aburi and that it would lead to the destruction of the country. He further added that Gowon had “legalised” total regionalism which “will make the centre very weak.” Akenzua alluded in his memo that a weak centre would lead to confederation and total disintegration of the country. It was the memo that prompted Gowon to summon a meeting of the secretaries to the military governments and other officials which was held in Benin City between February 16 and 18, 1967. If you look at the minutes of the Benin meeting presided over by Mr. H. A. Ejueyitchie, Secretary to the Federal Military Government, you will discover that it was a total rejection of what was agreed upon in Aburi. The Benin meeting interpreted in its own way the agreement reached in Aburi.
http://www.punchng.com/biafra-memo-akenzua-aburi/

Points to take home:
There was never a time British offered any part of Nigeria the option self determination, Bamenda that pressed continuously for that were given the option of remaining in Nigeria or joining Cameroon, and they chose Cameroon in the end.
No one stopped Awolowo from joining his Yoruba brothers in Benin republic seeing as the colonial powers gave no option of self determination or independence of any of Nigerian units.

The Nigerian regional system was dismantled by Gowon with active backing of his Yoruba supporters led by Awolowo. Obasanjo, a Yoruba man killed any chance of fiscal federalism with his Land use decree act that dispossessed indigenous people of their lands and the minerals there Of and handed them to Obasanjo Northern masters and his Yoruba brothers as well as few elites from all over Nigeria.

Either way, non Of these matter, as Ndiigbo grassroots today don't want to share a country with the people of Islamic republic of Arewa-Oduanistan. It doesn't matter what happened yesterday, what matters is what we want today. Arewa-Oduanistans should take this in good faith and stop twisting historical facts in bid to blackmail Igbos they love to hate into sharing a failed colonial entity with them.

This " I don't think I will make it alone, so therefore let's stick together in a bitter hating style and fail together" cheap blackmail of Yoruba Muslims twisted as " Igbos caused all the pains we Arewa-Oduanistans are suffering in our failed colonial entity and must be made to stay with us and suffer" , will not work on Ndiigbo.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by freeze001(f): 8:07pm On Feb 02, 2017
The problem is that you are so stuck on a parasitic lifestyle that u can't even stop to come up for air and actually reason like a sane human. See u talking about igbos wanting redistribution to wealth from the ND so as to score a bitter share...are you dreaming? Unlike you and your kind that cannot fend for and govern yourselves, restructuring means self reliance n dependence which is what the Eastern/Southern regions want.

HungerBAD:

Cry Babies.

Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by Opakan2: 8:56pm On Feb 02, 2017
who wan dash Igbos presidency before. Definitely not the yorubas they disrespected during GEJ's tenure with their treachery, back stabbing and all

And I'm sure it's not the Hausas/Fulanis who took some of their own out to make sure GEJ didn't return.
Igbos can dream on. it's very much allowed

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by WINNERMENTALITY: 9:00pm On Feb 02, 2017
HungerBAD:

hw old are u, u sound like a 15yrs to me
Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by Opakan2: 9:07pm On Feb 02, 2017
HungerBAD:

Cry Babies.

That's the problem.. Igbos are yet to realize they contribute nothing to the development of Nigeria yet they want to be worshipped and pampered when in actual sense they are like parasites on the rest of us

After SS, it's the SW and North that contributes most to the country's purse. All they do is make noise, roam about and seek for attention, nothing else

They have nothing to show in their region with all the useless mouth they make upandan.
They should get lost if they want, who needs them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by Igboid: 10:16pm On Feb 02, 2017
What the East had to deal with Post 1970:

Akpabio on Gowon 3Rs and how Yorubas hijacked the 3Rs for themselves.

. But I asked to be allowed to ask a question: how come reconstruction started in the West when the war was actually fought in the East? They started the Third Mainland Bridge, the National Theatre, the international airport, and so on, in the West, while the war was fought in the eastern region. And if we really wanted to ensure total reconciliation, how come every account holder in the eastern region was given only £20? It did not matter whether your father had £10,000,000 or £50,000,000 before the war; you were given just £20. It was a take it or leave it situation. If your family survived and there was an account holder alive, he/she went to the bank, and collected just £20.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=191387944379365&set=a.108421046009389.10559.100005244818648&type=1

"The war aim and (final) solution properly speaking of the entire problem, is to discriminate against the Igbos and in their own interest. Such discrimination would include above all the detachment of those oil-rich territories in the Eastern Region, in addition, the Igbos' freedom of movement would be restricted, to prevent their renewed penetration into other parts, leaving any access to the sea to the Igbos, is quite out of the question, "
(Federal Nigerian Minister speaking to E. C. Schwarzenback, Swiss Review of Africa, February 1968)

https://www.nairaland.com/2516282/before-forget

What Ndiigbo made out of Nothing after War:
https://www.nairaland.com/2576371/eastern-neighbourhoods-streets-made
NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS 2010-2015BANK CREDIT AND DEPOSIT BY STATES IN NIGERIABank credit/deposit in each state may be used as an indicator of the level of activity and well being of operators (households and businesses) in a particular state as it shows what residents are borrowing and the amount deposit in banks
http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/report/384

Bank Deposit by states in Nigeria

From the report bank deposit by states in Southeast from 2010-2015

Bank deposit in Anambra state #1'844'434.75
Bank Credit # 258'716.37
Balance #1'585'718.38

Bank deposit in Enugu #1'651'741.09
Bank credit #370'012.75
Balance #1'281'728.59

Bank deposit in Imo # 936'606.57
bank credit #218'853.32
Balance #717'753.35

Bank deposit in Abia from #1'031'355.42
bank credit #391'675.25
Balance 639'580.17

Bank deposit in Ebonyi #330'841.52
bank credit #93'627.5
balance 237'214.02

Southeast total balance from 2010-2015 #4'461'997.51

From the report bank deposit by states in Southwest from 2010-2015 excluding nation commercial center

Bank deposit in Oyo #1'617'678.48
bank credit #598'298.6
Balance #1'019'379.88

Bank deposit in Ogun #1'204'873.59
bank credit # 558'073.3
Balance # 649'800.29

Bank deposit in Ondo #821'901.84
credit #306'621.05
Balance #515'280.79

Bank deposit in Osun #648'726.72
credit #417'073.72
Balance #231'653.05

Bank deposit in Ekiti #301'136.23
credit #123,254.46
Balance #177,881.77

South west total balance from 2010-2015 #2'593'995.78
Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by PHIPEX(m): 10:36pm On Feb 02, 2017
Nigeria is like a skyscraper with a cracked foundation, no amount painting and decoration will save it except to pull it down and start again. On restructuring I stand. Northern presidency didn't make the northerners better off, same with Yoruba and Ijaw, Igbo presidency will not make anyone better off except the politicians. The only way out is to restructure this country else 50yrs from now we'll all be complaining about same thing.

Everything we complain about now was also complained of 30yrs ago, can't we take a decision that will make the next 30yrs different?
Re: Igbo Presidency Without Restructuring Will Not End Ethnic Agitations – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 03, 2017
Can't stop laughing at the way some Aboki and Afonja fools are displaying their foolery here. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Releases First-tier Counterforce Against Fulani Herdsmen / Buhari Can Work From Anywhere (SAN) / Igbos Of Nairaland Welcome Back EzeUche, Odogwu Ndigbo Of Nairaland!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.