Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,153 members, 7,900,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 06:27 AM

Open Letter To President Buhari - Facebook User And Buhari's Supporter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To President Buhari - Facebook User And Buhari's Supporter (483 Views)

Presidency Reacts To Fake Zahra Buhari’s Facebook Post Insulting Nigerians / Oby Ezekwesili Blasts President Buhari's Supporter On Twitter, See What She Said / Another Buhari Supporter Regrets (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To President Buhari - Facebook User And Buhari's Supporter by malware: 10:44pm On Feb 04, 2017
Dear President Muhammadu Buhari ,
YOU HAVE FAILED US.
I say this as someone who actively supported your campaign and what it represented, something that's now only unreal dreams. I do not intend to go into academic analysis of your government because the people I represent do not analyse this way, many cannot even analyse in that manner. The people I talk about are the women who have to go through shopping wars to get less for more and the men who get told at home that the money they provide is not enough, they are the traders whose businesses have suffered losses and the ones whose profits have counted for nothing. They are the people who get told "the dollar has affected things" despite them having never seen a dollar bill.
Daily, I counsel young men hoping someday they can get married and have families, something seemingly unlikely as not everybody has a president for a dad.
You are president of those of us who got hated spreading word that you are the change, you are president of those who said we'd regret supporting you, you are even president of those who sat on the fence. Why then does it seem like you are only president for the political class? Seems you do belong to somebody after all. Your government has made us slaves in our own nation where you'd need to earn half a million Naira monthly to be on the same class as someone earning $1000 a month. Yes, we, the giant of Africa whose currency now sells at N128 to a Ghanaian Cedi on the black market!
You are surrounded by liars and officials who tell you we are doing fine and that you are the best president ever. Sir, this is false, you are not those things.
I am saying this because I believe this is the reason Mr Goodluck Jonathan failed, his people did not tell him the truth, instead they sang him lies. You are not about to be free of this if you keep an information minister who'd keep blaming everything on the past like he's talking to kids. You are the reason we are here today because this is happening under your watch.
Get a hold of your government and put who you believe will work for you because after all is said and done, the average Nigerian will not remember the officials, they will remember your leadership and the pain it brought.
I hope this gets to you, I really do. Hopefully, someone can share it until it gets to someone who can be sincere enough to show it to you.
Shamsudeed Giwa
Personal Facebook page

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari - Facebook User And Buhari's Supporter by ejikeme(m): 10:57pm On Feb 04, 2017
a 128 naira to a Ghanian Cedi??!!!! Damn.......

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter: Our President Who Art In London, Buhari Be Thy Name / PHOTOS: Gov. Mimiko At The Presentation Of His Biography / PHOTOS: Gov Kashim Shettima Donates UPS Systems And Vehicle To NTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.