Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,816 members, 7,898,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 11:19 PM

Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch (45861 Views)

Pay Pastors Well By Deji Yesufu / COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon / Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by Originalsly: 9:27am On Feb 05, 2017
Pastors shouldn't be earning much from the church.... neither should the GO's. But if the GO's are paid a whole lot then the pastors should also be paid fat salaries. They should protest....business is business.
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by Ibime(m): 9:35am On Feb 05, 2017
Of course the pastors don't remit everything to Head Office. They steal something for themselves first.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by DonCortino: 9:36am On Feb 05, 2017
That's why they all want to open their own churches.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by frubben(m): 9:37am On Feb 05, 2017
Heheheheh dey even have structure for ND,HND and BSC lwkmd

What about assistant pastor.

Jesus will b so proud of wat thee church has become grin grin grin

I wonder how much the disciples were receiving

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by slap1(m): 9:40am On Feb 05, 2017
How much are those suits and shoes they wear? Adonbilivthis!
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 05, 2017
All these guys sha, i dnt blame dem. it is marketing strategy, everyone would want to read the article

You have a choice either to be a pastor and earn 40000 or to be a part time pastor and keep carrying your CV about.
if you know what Full time pastors are enjoying during christmas, easter and new year dey get bags of rice, cartons of drinks, hampers, money. During send-forth to another branch or province dey get differnt kinds of gifts e.g washng machine, gas cookers, fridge, money some get cars.
My daddy is a part time pastor at RCCG, at least 5 of the gadget we have at home was given by the church, talkess of various gifts during festive seasons and help we get from people in high places that attend our parish
My provincial pastor who is a full time drives a 2016 Toyota Highlander, got 2 cars from his former church.
So please watch wat you say and dnt sin because some newspaper wants attention to get traffic.
Remember you cannot earn the same income as the members of the board of directors.
You cant compare Mr Tony Elumelu to a cashier at UBA branch in Abk.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by SmartyPants(m): 9:51am On Feb 05, 2017
PiccoloBrunelli:
As if they are to be paid for what they do. Small small upkeep to use and see front....fine. Not payment. If you want to be paid handsomely gaan work in oil company.

You do not read your bible!
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by SmartyPants(m): 9:55am On Feb 05, 2017
0b10010011:
Normal!

Ain't they working for the Lord?

Only the General Overseer is entitled to luxury and upkeep. The rest re serving the most high and there reward is in heaven.

Where is this doctrine found in the scriptures, that inky the general overseer is entitled to luxury? Is he not also serving the Most High?

Why is the average Nigerian so daft?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by blazer234: 9:58am On Feb 05, 2017
seunlayi:
Whatever, the Church is matching on

Yeah the church is matching on with the general overseer flying jets and the pastors under him not able to feed their families. Continue fooling yourself.
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by thesicilian: 9:58am On Feb 05, 2017
AntiWailer:

Same way those GMs will bankrupt when they are doing their business and they suffer set back.

When policy changes affect their business. When forex paralyzes their operation

Being stupeed is personal , it is not a group characteristics. Those GMs might just be unique.

I have seen multi millionaire GMs, they retire them or sack them with several millions compensation.

Can't argue that that.
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by 0b10010011: 10:00am On Feb 05, 2017
SmartyPants:

Where is this doctrine found in the scriptures, that inky the general overseer is entitled to luxury? Is he not also serving the Most High?

Why is the average Nigerian so daft?

Wait! Let me ask Google....
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by Clemzzz(m): 10:03am On Feb 05, 2017
thesicilian:
No one becomes rich by being an employee.
You may be wrong!

Cos it depends...
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by chloride6: 10:25am On Feb 05, 2017
The responses on this thread are disheartening.

This is why I'm so scared of becoming a "deeper" Christain.

I might just be as stupid as most of you on this thread.

A lot of you are saying that they are more blessed than most of us, and some are corroborating that idea with the notion that a pastors reward is in heaven.

John Calvin would look on this generation with shame.

Martin Luther would wept endlessly for this generation.

How can you tell a man that he's reward is in heaven?

And that he should he should argument his salary with favours from parish members.

Why can't the church argument that salary themselves?

What stardard of life can a man live with 40k? Tell me people.

The evils of the corporate world have crept into the house of God.

No wonder the the clergy can not talk about the level of rot in country. They are busy building being slave masters to other men.

As for me, my reward may be in heaven, but that is inconsequential.

I must collect my reward in earth in full. And it certainly is not going to come with 50k per month.

little wonder everyone want to establish his own ministry.

Please try and the veil from your eyes

How can the church be intentionally paying industry wages

Thanks to punch for this expose

The is just too sad.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by sisisioge: 10:34am On Feb 05, 2017
Alright, I think the Punch just did pastors a favour. An upward review will happen soon cos there's really no sense in so much wealth gap amongst the children of God. Let the cake go round pls... Hallelujah!
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:42am On Feb 05, 2017
Of all the things our colonial masters did, enslaving the minds of our people and zombie-fying our populace was their most malevolent contribution to our society. Something is seriously broken in the value system of a cess-pit of a country, so religious and yet so corrupt and rotten to the core.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by LordOfNaira: 10:48am On Feb 05, 2017
Only the GOs can fly private jets and live lives of luxuries. The others should wait till they die and get to heaven for there lies their rewards. Shikena!!!

SMH...
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by Exciton(m): 11:10am On Feb 05, 2017
Obi1kenobi:
Of all the things our colonial masters did, enslaving the minds of our people and zombie-fying our populace was their most malevolent contribution to our society. Something is seriously broken in the value system of a cess-pit of a country, so religious and yet so corrupt and rotten to the core.

Very correct. The comments are nauseating! These people are okay with a group of people being subsistent on "gifts".

Most Nigerians dont understand that there is dignity in working hard and using the money you earn to cater for your family and not being reliant on gifts. I will be filled with shame if almost all I have is from people's gifts and not from my tangible hardwork.

Why can't the church have an ethical salary structure? They wanna expand and have loads of workers but they aren't willing to pay.

I'm sure people will comment differently if these churches were corporate companies instead.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by ayoBiz(m): 11:35am On Feb 05, 2017
Sibrah:
And so what? If they get huge pay una go still complain say pastor dey live large . . .

Why are they not talking about salvation ministries, their Pastors are living very large, so op, no point.

NEXT
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by Horus(m): 12:03pm On Feb 05, 2017
Pastors ask for tithes in the name of God. They say “God needs your help building the church”. What does god need with a multi-million dollar church? Nothing. These are the same so-called church leaders that you'll find riding in fancy cars, eating the best foods, living in expensive homes and living the life of wealthy people while their followers scrape and struggle to do “God's will” by tithing. These so-called leaders will lead congregations in the worse of the worse neighborhoods and on their way to church to preach on Sundays or Saturdays or whatever day they declare to be the Sabbath, they will step over the homeless or the less fortunate.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by Ishilove: 12:13pm On Feb 05, 2017
MrPresident1:
Ishilove
Yes dear?
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:36pm On Feb 05, 2017
I think I like d part of d pastor being part time while they go to their secular work

I think any church that knows they can't pay huge amounts should follow this trend

By d way, those sleep-in-mosque alfas, r they paid??
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by chrismastre5(m): 12:44pm On Feb 05, 2017
Omagago:
They are there to serve God, thats part of the sacrifice. Nohing attached

Main while, do you know.......
seek ye the kingdom of god and other things shall be added unto you.so because they are serving god they shouldn't enjoy. is only G.Os meant to enjoy?
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by coputa(m): 1:11pm On Feb 05, 2017
PiccoloBrunelli:
As if they are to be paid for what they do. Small small upkeep to use and see front....fine. Not payment. If you want to be paid handsomely gaan work in oil company.
The church has money more than the oil companies.
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by coputa(m): 1:17pm On Feb 05, 2017
seunlayi:
Whatever, the Church is matching on

Like in my own case, many play the keyboard to earn their living... But in my case I played it wholeheartedly free of charge and I always tried to involve myself in the best way towards contributing to the and the Lord has always bn blessing me including my pastors who work for the church free of charge doesn't lack anything good. In fact, I m impressed because of how God moves and meet me at any point of my needs and over my family.

There has bn "no Lack, no loss, no limitations"

Work for the Lord when it is day for the night commeth when no man can work again

you that is paid and the other gentleman that is not paid has worked handsomely for the lord.The tithes and offerings are used to take care of the needs of the church.
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by coputa(m): 1:21pm On Feb 05, 2017
malvisguy212:
who is paying the rich mega pastors ? did punch newspapper find out were this money came from also ? This people just love to paint the christian church black.
The rich mega pastors own the churches,their wives and children are the next of kin,they are the sole signatories to the church account.The bucks stops at their desk.
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by eluelu: 1:35pm On Feb 05, 2017
Church these church that, are u guy not tired of criticizing church's for Gods sake. Altleast they are not encouraging their member to kill people or marry underage children.
But the true is, the more u guys attack these churches the more they wax great. The church of God is moving on and the gate of hell( being political or religion) cannot stand against it.
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by brojoshua: 1:45pm On Feb 05, 2017
Nothing really concern me about the false church or churches and their false christains except that they should believe in Christ Jesus the Son of God and the saviour of the world that God may saved them, that they may become true christains otherwise they will perish in their hypocrisy and mockery and then perish eternally in everlasting destruction in the they of the Lord, as we have repeatedly told and warned them.
As for what you said, know that the owners of those companies or businesses own all the things in their companies. These are satanic, wicked, mean, crooked and hypocritical religious business people
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by ofwest47(m): 1:54pm On Feb 05, 2017
Believe this you will believe anything, pastors on 20 to 40000Naira a month cruising on super SUV cars and living in super executive mansions owned by them and yet you say they are earning paltry salaries which is not even enough to maintain and fuel their vehicles per month.
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by PAO429: 2:20pm On Feb 05, 2017
this are all lies ..i knw dis because u metioned my church and i knw d salaries of my pastors...dis just another incorrect information
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by MrPresident1: 2:29pm On Feb 05, 2017
Ishilove:

Yes dear?

The hungry fellow is up to no good.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by Horus(m): 2:32pm On Feb 05, 2017

Pastor Adeboye
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by SIGE(m): 2:33pm On Feb 05, 2017
Op mehnn getouthere....i attend christ embassy and i can tell you dat most of our pastors are millionaires... visit zone 5 ikeja and see staffs earning 900k. Pls get ur facts before blabbing nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pope Francis: Angel-shaped Cloud Appears After His Announcement / Winners Chapel Awka's Alter Decoration For 56th Independence Celebration (Photo) / Yemi Ingila, Joshua Iginla's Wife Speaks On Cheating And Divorce Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.