Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,415 members, 7,932,347 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 03:53 AM

Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch (45919 Views)

Pay Pastors Well By Deji Yesufu / COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon / Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by bodnel: 2:42pm On Feb 05, 2017
And what is your gain diggin churches information? The pastor never come begging you or complaining even with the false info u gat right ere. I guess you dnt hav work. Let me give u one, tell evry one on dis forum or Nigerian. Your own success so far.
What have u really achieved so Far
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by October1960: 2:49pm On Feb 05, 2017
Just like any business. It's the founders and main shareholders that profit the most.

Workers are just that workers. The workers drive more business into the church.

With false advertising and emotional fake testimonies.

Religion - the biggest ponzi scheme since 32AD.
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by October1960: 2:51pm On Feb 05, 2017
Yep. This person just confirmed its a business.

adesal120:
All these guys sha, i dnt blame dem. it is marketing strategy, everyone would want to read the article

You have a choice either to be a pastor and earn 40000 or to be a part time pastor and keep carrying your CV about.
if you know what Full time pastors are enjoying during christmas, easter and new year dey get bags of rice, cartons of drinks, hampers, money. During send-forth to another branch or province dey get differnt kinds of gifts e.g washng machine, gas cookers, fridge, money some get cars.
My daddy is a part time pastor at RCCG, at least 5 of the gadget we have at home was given by the church, talkess of various gifts during festive seasons and help we get from people in high places that attend our parish
My provincial pastor who is a full time drives a 2016 Toyota Highlander, got 2 cars from his former church.
So please watch wat you say and dnt sin because some newspaper wants attention to get traffic.
Remember you cannot earn the same income as the members of the board of directors.
You cant compare Mr Tony Elumelu to a cashier at UBA branch in Abk.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by ofwest47(m): 3:01pm On Feb 05, 2017
Believe this you will believe anything, pastors on 20 to 40000Naira a month cruising on super SUV cars and living in super executive mansions owned by them and yet you say they are earning paltry salaries which is not even enough to maintain and fuel their vehicles per month aside from that their senior pastors called G Os cruises in private Jets and yet you say the are earning so paltry.
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by Ishilove: 3:02pm On Feb 05, 2017
MrPresident1:

The hungry fellow is up to no good.
Which hungry fellow?
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by aalangel(f): 3:36pm On Feb 05, 2017
Being a member and former staff of the Believers Loveworld Nation, this story is stupid, false and concocted.

Number one, no Pastor earns salary in Christ Embassy.
Number two, there's nothing like full time Pastor, they're just staff members if they want to be.
Number three, Directors earn more than Directors in most companies. A senior manager earns up to 250k.

Useless Report!!!!
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by fairheven: 4:06pm On Feb 05, 2017
the truth is, there's nothing like "full-time" ministery, you are only "full time" lazy.

the pastors should be gainfully employed so as not to depend on any church for sustainance
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by seguno2: 4:11pm On Feb 05, 2017
We, Nigerians of all religious beliefs, also pay our civil servants poorly on N18,000 while giving mega millions to politicians and their Aides.
We pay N300,000 to 25 years old ATTENDED Secondary school as LGA Councillor who do nothing.
The church is just being typically Nigerian.
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by ephi123(f): 4:35pm On Feb 05, 2017
HungerBAD:

http://punchng.com/revealed-nigerias-rich-mega-churches-pay-pastors-poor-salaries/

Silly thread. I wonder what we should do with this info. Were they coerced to take up the role.

You people won't face your master Buhari who has thrown the labour market into a terrible state. Zombiefied zombies.
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by Seun(m): 5:30pm On Feb 05, 2017
Fascinating
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by juligon: 6:03pm On Feb 05, 2017
who send ena this jobless research.. how much does your govt pay workers.. in Kogi state some lecturers.. civil workers never see salary for more than 11months.. if na 25 k them see ..who no go happy.
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by biodunid: 8:20pm On Feb 05, 2017
No wonder it was fight to finish with FRC. Imagine them being made to publish their accounts and the muzzled oxen, sorry pastors, get to see the billions in turnover and profit? God dey see all of us sha.
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by Ebookmathswaec: 9:49pm On Feb 05, 2017
www.edmaths.com is a new academic website on Mathematics for students from Primary 1 to SS3 (i.e Year 1 to Year 12).

The website contains past questions and model questions with solutions/answers, for students to practice.

It is free!
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by Handsomecole(m): 7:03am On Feb 06, 2017
It's more reason I will always choose to remain a Catholic.
In the Catholic Church the work of being a Parish Pastor is totally sacrificial one. It's the more reason Priests are not allowed to marry or have children through out their entire life and you spend at most 12 years on the seminary so you will be well blended if you are truly sure, also when you have families and kids other responsibilities begin to crop in in addition to responsibilities of your relatives.

As Pastor or Priest in the Catholic Church you are a full property of the church, the church takes care of everything you need and you are not even allowed to own properties or assets even receiving certain expensive gifts from the church members is not allowed, payment of tithe is not even compulsory .

That is why Catholic church rarely exploits it's members. Unlike all these pentecostal church pastors using church money to fund their families.

#ProudlyCatholic
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by shugasofttouch: 7:47am On Feb 06, 2017
HungerBAD:

http://punchng.com/revealed-nigerias-rich-mega-churches-pay-pastors-poor-salaries/
. As for the winners family go make ur investigations proper. They are paid well even though I don't know for sure but one thing I'm certain of is dat all resident pastors wives do no work cos dey are asked not to but to be a sit at home mum take care of d pastors n their kids n this wives are also placed on monthly salaries. And also so the pastors don't live on prophet offerings cos not all branches does that. I could recall wen our previous resident pastor told our present that he shouldn't expect prophet offering as d best he's gotten is 5k. Pls try to get facts n not post assumptions. Thanks n stay blessed.
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by awoluyi(m): 8:24am On Feb 06, 2017
1Timothy3:1- says "If a man desires to be a Bishop, an Overseer (Pastor), he must be a husband of one wife, etc. My common sense tells me that for a man to contempulate going into marriage he must of neccessity have a means of livelihood with which to take of his family. From the aforegoing, it can be reasonably deduced that pastorial job should be voluntary and on part time basis. The present day underpaid pastors should see themselves as employees of G.Os of mega churches. Your employer's responsibility is solely to give you a job and not to make you become rich. My advice to the so-called underpaid pastors is, if you desire to live in opulence like the mega churches G.Os; study, burn night candles and put God into programs, I am sure you will succeed if you're truly called by God and not by your G.O.
Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by room089: 9:40am On Feb 08, 2017
seunlayi:
Whatever, the Church is matching on

Like in my own case, many play the keyboard to earn their living... But in my case I played it wholeheartedly free of charge and I always tried to involve myself in the best way towards contributing to the and the Lord has always bn blessing me including my pastors who work for the church free of charge doesn't lack anything good. In fact, I m impressed because of how God moves and meet me at any point of my needs and over my family.

There has bn "no Lack, no loss, no limitations"

Work for the Lord when it is day for the night commeth when no man can work again

Yea!
That's my bro from Deeper Life!
Your labours unto God shall never be in vain!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by seunlayi(m): 10:30am On Feb 08, 2017
room089:

Yea!
That's my bro from Deeper Life!
Your labours unto God shall never be in vain!

welcome bro. By the grace of God, we shall continue to "...earnestly contend for the faith...."

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Rich Mega Churches Pay Pastors Poor Salaries - The Punch by laribari(m): 11:50pm On Feb 08, 2017
Sibrah:
And so what? If they get huge pay una go still complain say pastor dey live large . . .

Abi o, even govt sef go slam the church with big tax.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pope Francis: Angel-shaped Cloud Appears After His Announcement / Christ Embassy Celebrates 30th Anniversary (Before & After Photos Of Pastors) / Winners Chapel Awka's Alter Decoration For 56th Independence Celebration (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.