Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,408 members, 7,881,498 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:22 PM

He Attacked Him First-witness - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / He Attacked Him First-witness (410 Views)

Man Confronts Policemen Who Attacked Him For Recording Their Encounter In Lagos / Late Accountant Attacked Couple First – Witness / Late Accountant Attacked Couple First – Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

He Attacked Him First-witness by errigdee: 9:53am On Feb 07, 2017
The owner of the chickens which led to a fight and death of a chartered accountant , Idowu Solaja, has alleged that the deceased was the first to attack Segun Irehin and his wife , Sola.
The witness, Clement, told
PUNCH Metro on Sunday that 51-year- old Solaja had , on the day of the incident, spoken to him first before heading for the home of the suspects .
Our correspondent had reported that Segun and his wife , Sola, had last Monday attacked Solaja, over a chicken roost owned by them in the Ikorodu area of Lagos State .
Solaja, who owned a house beside the Irehins, had allegedly complained to the couple that his family was being disturbed by the fowls, which led to a fight.
He allegedly died from the injuries he sustained after being beaten by the couple.
Our correspondent learnt that Segun was an elder with the Jehovah Witnesses .
Clement, who claimed to be a primary witness , said 57-year -old Segun had equally sustained injuries , adding that Solaja, not Segun , was the aggressor.
He said , “ I am the owner of the chickens . I bought them sometime in December , 2016 and I discovered that they were dying one - by- one. So , I decided to sell them off.
“ I was passing by the road when I saw the pastor ’ s ( Segun) roost . I approached and asked him to allow me to keep the chickens in his roost . He told me that he would have loved to buy the chickens , but he didn ’ t have the money. He said I could keep them in his roost, but I would be coming twice a day to clean up the surroundings .
“ Last Monday when this incident happened , I was cleaning the roost when I saw the man ( Solaja) and he asked if I owned the chickens and I answered in the affirmative . He asked who gave me the permission to keep the chickens there and I told him it was pastor ( Segun) . He asked if he was around and I said yes .
“ He went to the door of the house and started shouting . I didn ’ t say anything because I didn ’ t know who he was .
“ It was mummy ( Sola) that came out first . There was a lot of noise . As mummy was trying to respond , daddy ( Segun) came out and accused him ( Solaja) of harassing the family . As they were arguing, he hit daddy and punched him . Both of them fell and he continued punching him . Daddy was holding his clothes and could not retaliate because he is an old man . ”
Clement said at that point , he decided to intervene and separate the fight.
Clement, who claimed to be a gospel artiste , said he believed there had been “ hatred and envy” between the two families.
He said while Segun went into the house to clean his blood , Solaja headed for the station on the advice of some residents .
He explained that when Segun also wanted to go to the police station, the victim ’ s wife held him back “ so that her husband would be the first to reach the station. ”
Clement lamented that he had yet to return to the house to check his chickens which might have died from hunger .
A relative of the suspects, who did not want to be identified , said the Irehins had been living in the area for over nine years , adding that they had been in the poultry business before changing to piggery .
He claimed that Idowu and his wife moved into the area last year and complained about the piggery.
He said , “ Last year September , he relocated the pigs to where they eventually died due to bad environment.
“ After the fight over the chickens , the man went to the police station and said he wanted the matter charged to court . I went to get a lawyer to bail Segun out around 2pm .
“ Around 9pm , a police officer told me the deceased said he was no longer interested in taking the matter to court .
“ Around 11pm, I saw a policeman in my house and he said Idowu ( Solaja) had died . By that time , the couple had gone to church and I had to call them to explain the development. They came and were subsequently arrested.
“ The deceased had an issue with his health and he didn ’ t think about that before coming to fight. He always moved around with an inhaler ; he was asthmatic. ”
The wife of the deceased , however , denied that her husband had asthma, adding that it was only an excuse by the suspects’ family .
She said , “ My husband did not have any asthma. It is a lie . They are only trying to make excuses. Also , I held the man because he wanted to run away. ”The owner of the chickens which led to a fight and death of a chartered accountant , Idowu Solaja, has alleged that the deceased was the first to attack Segun Irehin and his wife , Sola.
PUNCH Metro on Sunday that 51-year- old Solaja had , on the day of the incident, spoken to him first before heading for the home of the suspects .
Our correspondent had reported that Segun and his wife , Sola, had last Monday attacked Solaja, over a chicken roost owned by them in the Ikorodu area of Lagos State .
Solaja, who owned a house beside the Irehins, had allegedly complained to the couple that his family was being disturbed by the fowls, which led to a fight.
He allegedly died from the injuries he sustained after being beaten by the couple.
Clement, who claimed to be a primary witness , said 57-year -old Segun had equally sustained injuries , adding that Solaja, not Segun , was the aggressor.
He said , “ I am the owner of the chickens . I bought them sometime in December , 2016 and I discovered that they were dying one - by- one. So , I decided to sell them off.
“ I was passing by the road when I saw the pastor ’ s ( Segun) roost . I approached and asked him to allow me to keep the chickens in his roost . He told me that he would have loved to buy the chickens , but he didn ’ t have the money. He said I could keep them in his roost, but I would be coming twice a day to clean up the surroundings .
“ Last Monday when this incident happened , I was cleaning the roost when I saw the man ( Solaja) and he asked if I owned the chickens and I answered in the affirmative . He asked who gave me the permission to keep the chickens there and I told him it was pastor ( Segun) . He asked if he was around and I said yes .
“ He went to the door of the house and started shouting . I didn ’ t say anything because I didn ’ t know who he was .
“ It was mummy ( Sola) that came out first . There was a lot of noise . As mummy was trying to respond , daddy ( Segun) came out and accused him ( Solaja) of harassing the family . As they were arguing, he hit daddy and punched him . Both of them fell and he continued punching him . Daddy was holding his clothes and could not retaliate because he is an old man . ”
Clement, who claimed to be a gospel artiste , said he believed there had been “ hatred and envy” between the two families.
He said while Segun went into the house to clean his blood , Solaja headed for the station on the advice of some residents .
He explained that when Segun also wanted to go to the police station, the victim ’ s wife held him back “ so that her husband would be the first to reach the station. ”
Clement lamented that he had yet to return to the house to check his chickens which might have died from hunger .
A relative of the suspects, who did not want to be identified , said the Irehins had been living in the area for over nine years , adding that they had been in the poultry business before changing to piggery .
He claimed that Idowu and his wife moved into the area last year and complained about the piggery.
He said , “ Last year September , he relocated the pigs to where they eventually died due to bad environment.
“ After the fight over the chickens , the man went to the police station and said he wanted the matter charged to court . I went to get a lawyer to bail Segun out around 2pm .
“ Around 9pm , a police officer told me the deceased said he was no longer interested in taking the matter to court .
“ Around 11pm, I saw a policeman in my house and he said Idowu ( Solaja) had died . By that time , the couple had gone to church and I had to call them to explain the development. They came and were subsequently arrested.
“ The deceased had an issue with his health and he didn ’ t think about that before coming to fight. He always moved around with an inhaler ; he was asthmatic. ”
The wife of the deceased , however , denied that her husband had asthma, adding that it was only an excuse by the suspects’ family .
She said , “ My husband did not have any asthma. It is a lie . They are only trying to make excuses. Also , I held the man because he wanted to run away. ”
The owner of the chickens which led to a fight and death of a chartered accountant , Idowu Solaja, has alleged that the deceased was the first to attack Segun Irehin and his wife , Sola.
She said , “ My husband did not have any asthma. It is a lie . They are only trying to make excuses. Also , I held the man because he wanted to run away. ”

source: http://punchng.com/late-accountant-attacked-couple-first-witness/

(1) (Reply)

Why Don't We Just Declare War On S.A / thread closed / Lady Aborts Her Pregnancy And Dumps The Foetus In Makurdi (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.