Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,498 members, 7,892,040 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 04:17 AM

Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 - Sports (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 (20084 Views)

Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Cameroon 3.0 (Live) / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by semid4lyfe(m): 8:23am On Jan 21, 2010
If Amodu does well in this competition (semi-final), he should be allowed to take us to SA.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by FBS: 8:48am On Jan 21, 2010
The qualified teams to the quarter-finals

Group A
1.Angola
2.Algeria

Group B
1.Côte d’Ivoire
2.Ghana

Group C
1.Egypt
2.Nigeria

1/4 FINAL
Angola V Ghana                            24/01/2010         17H:00 LUANDA
Côte d’Ivoire V Algeria                   24/01/2010         20H:30 CABINDA
Egypt V 2ND D                               25/01/2010         17H:00 BENGUELA
1ST D V Nigeria                              25/01/2010         20H:30 LUBANGO

http://www.cafonline.com/competition/african-cup-of-nations-angola_2010/groups
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by illusion2: 9:09am On Jan 21, 2010
Yusuf has been playing very well,with few mistakes & he's on of the few players putting in everything .

Below par players so far -
Taiwo(no sense of direction,lacks pace & doesn't work with other defenders)

Etuhu(midfielder but can't hold on to the ball,can't mark properly. .  .certainly not Super Eagles material,unfortunately I was one of those touting for him)

Nwaneri(out of his league,I prefer him at right back,he exudes passion sha,but at this level its more than zeal !)

Yakubu(lazy,missed clear sitters,with his frame can't hold on to the ball &

Mikel (very little forward movement for all his skill & Chelsea hype !)
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by JNdupu: 9:32am On Jan 21, 2010
semid4lyfe:

You guys call it 'any where belle face' but I'll rather refer to it as No Nonsense Attitude and Not Taking Chances. Cut Shittu some slack.

Agreed but it makes me cringe and doesn't sit well with all I learnt about the game. You want your defenders to kulu temper sometimes and bring the ball out with composure or distribute effectively.

Be a ball player, it's really simple.

When you whack it away everytime, you only invite more pressure - see how small Mozambique was pressing us for long periods during that match.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by lmay18(f): 10:16am On Jan 21, 2010
nice game it is a team work, all dept. got it right albeit againt minnows but I think the team is improving and will keep improving till we gt dr, these are best players we ave for now and I think they ave the potential all we need is who can bring out the best in them and make them work as a team our weak point is d coaching/technical crew if they can work at d standard rate required d Eagle will be flying. UP Naija!
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 21, 2010
most of us here are either too fast to condemn players or we r either in a hurry to  analyse the team very well. we analyse with our minds and not what we see on the field.
yobo: just got married, he should be at home caining the new wife and making most of his bride price count. he left it and showed up for national duty.  now he is going back home with injury, that means nothing for his new wife for some 2 weeks. how many of us can wait for that long b4 we indulge with our new wife?? so lets give him some respect.

yobo's problem may actually not be his fault, we should look at it from the angle of T.T. he overlaps and forgets he is a defender. putting pressure on the central defense. now we are blaming  echejile for not overlapping and always in the defense. wat do we want overlap-per or defender

obasi played more of a central midfield role, i think the job of Kalu Uche and he did a good job, although most of us are expecting him to perform as a striker like in the first match but he did a good job in the central mid field and it made Etuhu disappear.

i could see Mikel works better with Keita, although he is still confused. he thinks he is in chelsea where he is a Holding mildfielder compared to be an attacking mildfielder we want him to be in the national team.

i can see we really Need ikechukwu Uche back in the team, he and Osaze would be a good team up front for the world cup. fat Yak should go home and rest

well, anywhere belle face Shittu is showing every day he is a leader in his own rights.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by bibiking1(m): 10:25am On Jan 21, 2010
illusion2:

Yusuf has been playing very well,with few mistakes & he's on of the few players putting in everything .

Below par players so far -
Taiwo(no sense of direction,lacks pace & doesn't work with other defenders)

Etuhu(midfielder but can't hold on to the ball,can't mark properly. .  .certainly not Super Eagles material,unfortunately I was one of those touting for him)

Nwaneri(out of his league,I prefer him at right back,he exudes passion sha,but at this level its more than zeal !)

Yakubu(lazy,missed clear sitters,with his frame can't hold on to the ball &

Mikel (very little forward movement for all his skill & Chelsea hype !)

Dude! Do you watch the game from the back of your teleset Who do you think makes all those decisive tackles?
Watch again man!
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by lawrence83: 10:36am On Jan 21, 2010
paddy_lo:

lol. . . grin. .havent heard that phrase since secondary school days. . .
na im be say if him belle face our net na own goal be that, cheesy
Una no go kill person oh. grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by lato2(m): 10:58am On Jan 21, 2010
To all Jon Mikel Obi Haters, leave this young man alone, cos football is played by eleven players. And besides in modern football even the goalkeeper is a playmaker, fullbacks this days are also playmakers. so pls if you have a problem with chelsea post it and stop transferrin hatred in here. You can call this a campaign for Mikel, but i think he is growing in confidence and also improving in that position.

As for the defence, Yusuf needs to give way for Chidi Odiah.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by samcc30(m): 11:19am On Jan 21, 2010
unfortunate that Nigeria is a kind of country where u can get a post without experience, can anyone tell me amoudu profile
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by toosoon(m): 11:20am On Jan 21, 2010
why should Yusuf give way for Chidi Odiah and Mikel be left alone, you see how pathetic you are!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by swizzyt(m): 11:21am On Jan 21, 2010
up nigeria
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by Undispu3rd(m): 11:31am On Jan 21, 2010
R(c)oach Amodu shua'bu thinks he did a good job to ensure super ego's defeat over Mosambique- Big lie! Osase who woundn't want to get his name spear did it. He fought hard because he has a foriegn blood running in him, definitely his mentality, orientation is very different!
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by lato2(m): 11:54am On Jan 21, 2010
@too soon

Guy who is been pathetic, i or you. am only sayin we shouldn't put sentiment in our submissions.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by deb(m): 12:06pm On Jan 21, 2010
@ l.a.t.o and too_soon

There are two Yusufs in the squad. Stop confusing yourselves. We have Yusuf Ayila and Yusuf Mohammed you both probably are refering to
different ones. At the right back, I will prefer Chidi Odiah anytime except if he is not fit enough

Dude! Do you watch the game from the back of your teleset Who do you think makes all those decisive tackles?
Watch again man!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy I think Etuhu was great doing silent jobs same applies to the other defensive midfielders in Ayila and especially Kaita
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by ohisng(m): 12:24pm On Jan 21, 2010
We beat MOZAMBIQUE and that is something to celebrate?
How are the mighty fallen!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by Jairzinho(m): 1:00pm On Jan 21, 2010
I think Etuhu is lacking confidence,making tackles isn't the only thing. . . he needs to move with the ball & show some confidence,he's playing like he doesn't want to make a mistake. And for his height ,he needs to make his presence felt for corner kicks etc.

We conceeded 3 against Egypt with 3 defensive midfielders,so much for his 'tackles'.

Yakubu should retire from Int'l football after this tournament. Nsofor+Martins+Odems the superstar should start next game.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by semid4lyfe(m): 1:05pm On Jan 21, 2010
@ JNdupu
All defenders can't play alike. Besides Shittu balloons the ball mostly when he's under pressure or there's no better alternative. Moreover, the Mozambicans were pressing us becos Amodu decided to play more of containment football and decided to defend deep in his own half. You can't seriously be insinuating that the occasional clearances by Shittu were responsible for the pressure or are you? Shittu has been rock solid in defence so far in the 2 matches he's played EOD.  
@illusion2
I agree with u on Etuhu with regards to the Mozambique match. He was clearly not as effective as Kaita yesterday in the DM position but he had an excellent match against Benin & a decent showing against Egypt so I won't go as far as saying he's not S.E material. Kaita was definitely THE MAN in midfield yesterday.
@ undispu3rd
You are a roach and clearly u know nothing about Nigerian football and Amodu. It's better to keep quiet and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and be confirmed to be one. I'm sure Osaze played all by himself against Mozambique! Infact, he took the ball from his post dribbled the entire mozambican players & scored. Yeye! Like se football no be team sports. Shioor! Enter wikipedia and type in Amodu Shuaibu before u come in here and start spewing the rubbish in that coconut shell u call a brain.
Aaah, I tire for this kain 9jerians sef. If S.E lose, na Amodu fault but if S.E win them no go wan give am the credit wey em deserve.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by papiroto: 2:07pm On Jan 21, 2010
mmmmmm, great macth
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by Kgdavid(m): 3:25pm On Jan 21, 2010
I can't believe people are criticizing Etuhu of all people. Etuhu has been great in all the games we have played so far. U guys make it sound as if Kaita won the midfield battle on his own and that is not true, in fact Kaita was more visible than etuhu only because he committed more fouls. whenever the other midfielders ran into trouble who did they give the ball to? Etuhu. he looks like our best passer at the moment. Together Kaita and Etuhu look likely to keep olofinjana and ayila out of the team for a while. It was Mikel that was really poor considering the role he was supposed to play and to be fair to him he has been fully converted to being a defensive player and i suggest that Nigeria use him as such. To the people saying we should not celebrate a victory against mozambique there are a few reasons why your points are off the mark. One, we are happy that finally the team looks like they remember how to play fotball. the defense and midfield were especially improved and this gives us hope that the eagles may yet fly. Two, you seem to forget the pivotal role mozambique played in our world cup qualification. Almost holding us to a draw in Abuja and eventually beating Tunisia to put us through to the world cup. mozambique are no pushover.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by illusion2: 4:09pm On Jan 21, 2010
When I wrote that Etuhu is playing like he lacks confidence ,I meant exactly that.
I was one of those touting for him,but he's not making his presence felt. he's playing like some U-17 kid ,been given a chance. We have 3 defensive midfielder,at least one should have the balls to hold on to the ball.

I don't think we can compare Ayila to anyone of them ,on his day ,he's by far our best midfield player. IMO he was our best player in 2006 ACN.

He knows when to go forward to support a corner kick & when to hold back,when to put in a tackle & he holds on to the ball very well,with relatively high ball control. . . . . , which are hallmarks of good defensive midfielder,not gaining possesion & losing it immediately,thereby putting ur teammates under pressure (think Makalele,Oliseh & mikel for all his failings,holds on to the ball very well).

Its a confidence thingy with Etuhu,I think, . .
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by honeric01(m): 4:31pm On Jan 21, 2010
Amodu, sorry oo, i wish i fit help u, but yesterday, u make me no like u small, u just dey chew chewing gum like lama, like say u be camel wey dey chew grass, anyways, i hope u were able to pick out flaws from yesterday's match, please even if we have to lose out at the quarter final, pls don't start yakubu, please, instead let obinna and martins start.

thanks

one more time amodu

stop chewing gum, it's better u smoke or drink water, the gum u chewed last night made u look like a rookie ashawo.

thank u.

Osaze, Shittu and Kaita, una thank u even though shittu just dey bude ball out of the stadium like rugby player, i still liked ur play.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by Uche2nna(m): 4:35pm On Jan 21, 2010
honeric01:

Osaze, Shittu and Kaita, una thank u even though shittu just dey bude ball out of the stadium like rugby player, i still liked your play.

I was wondering if I was the only one that noticed that grin

That shows how rubbish the SE team is. Shittu is one of our better players in the defense cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by honeric01(m): 4:51pm On Jan 21, 2010
Uche2nna:

I was wondering if I was the only one that noticed that grin

That shows how rubbish the SE team is. Shittu is one of our better players in the defense cheesy

rubbish team don't win 3 nil

there is no cohesion, that's the problem with the team for now and i think if those who are supposed to be playing are playing, we won't have problems with cohesion. those players that amodu used in the first phase of worldcup qualification are more into each other than these present ones.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by Uche2nna(m): 5:14pm On Jan 21, 2010
honeric01:

rubbish team don't win 3 nil

Not if U are against an equally (or even more) rubbish team.

A 3:0 scoreline against the Egyptians would have made a more formidable argument.

Anyways, I am just glad that we qualified for the Q-finals.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by morpheus24: 5:29pm On Jan 21, 2010
Awon guys

That cameroon vs tunisia game is heating up.

Cameroon dey vex no be small o! the are down one goal
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by honeric01(m): 5:32pm On Jan 21, 2010
Uche2nna:

Not if U are against an equally (or even more) rubbish team.

A 3:0 scoreline against the Egyptians would have made a more formidable argument.

Anyways, I am just glad that we qualified for the Q-finals.

how many teams in Africa has been able to beat Egypt 3 : 0 in the last 2 years? remember Cameroon were beaten 4:2 and 1 : 0 respectively 2 years ago by the Egyptians, they also beat CIV 4 :1, so they are not a pushover even when they are not in form.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by Johnnny(m): 6:37pm On Jan 21, 2010
morpheus24:

Awon guys

That cameroon vs tunisia game is heating up.

Cameroon dey vex no be small o! the are down one goal

My man, as at the moment it is 2-2
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by Johnnny(m): 6:43pm On Jan 21, 2010
And Zambia Vs. Gabon is 2-1 at the moment
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by honeric01(m): 6:55pm On Jan 21, 2010
gabon game already ended.

so it is going to be Cameroon, Zambia.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by koolchicco: 7:01pm On Jan 21, 2010
Nigeria vs Cameroon, quarter finals! shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique African Nations Cup 3-0 by Uche2nna(m): 7:05pm On Jan 21, 2010
honeric01:

how many teams in Africa has been able to beat Egypt 3 : 0 in the last 2 years? remember Cameroon were beaten 4:2 and 1 : 0 respectively 2 years ago by the Egyptians, they also beat CIV 4 :1, so they are not a pushover even when they are not in form.

Algeria beat them twice in a space of one month.

All I am saying is that beating M'bique 3:0 is good but that does not tell U the depth of quality in the team. The qfinals are about to start. Thats when we can really assess the team.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

UEFA Nations League: England Fans In Violent Clash With Portuguese Police(Photos / Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal / Chelsea Sign Forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang From Barcelona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.