Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,410 members, 7,881,505 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:42 PM

I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate (44098 Views)

I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. / She Was The Little Girl Who Didn't Want A Boyfriend But Now; Pastor Says. Photos / I love him but scared to meet him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by betatalk: 2:07am On Feb 13, 2017
esthertk:
I need the candid advise of the matured minds here. My boyfriend and I have been dating for 8 months when our relationship was 3 months I was able to get a German visa and moved to Germany .

He lost his job 2 months ago, and we have been discussing on how he can get back on his feet, lots of interviews and no call back and with this harsh economy we consider it best he starts a business which he doesn't even have the capital.

I really wish I can support him but so scared it might be termed as using money to buy love and this might just make him stick to me for the wrong reasons or even later dump me... I am so confused
Do u want to marry him. When u help he might marry u or marry another. So u don't get heart broken u can help if u don't expect anything in return but if u expect he will marry u u fit don enter long thing
Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by betatalk: 2:11am On Feb 13, 2017
Orikinla1:
Help him if you can. But I must warn you that Nigerians are among the most ungrateful people on earth. So, don't expect him to reward you with gratitude.

Poor people don't show you their true characters until they have some money.
I have seen many examples, from Mushin to Banana Island and from Lagos to London.

Ask billionaires, Femi Otedola and Mike Adenuga,JR.
Dogs have proved to be more faithful and loyal than humans.
Ingrates r everywhere not just Nigeria. So ur friends r bingo and who . Distinguish between friendship and acquaintance or colleague or neighbor and don't come here And classify humans with dogs because u picked wrong frienda

1 Like

Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by Eke40seven(m): 2:30am On Feb 13, 2017
esthertk:
Well most cases ladies tend to chill with a man that spends on them and its usually the other way round when a lady gives a man, and to set the records straight when he was working and had good pay i have never asked him for money. All my point is would he still love me for me and not love me so many cases I have seen men end up dumping a girl that was financially supportive to them, I dont know why... May be the men here can shed some light on it
It happens too often, veery often. I think his quick talk about marriage is influenced by the fact that you are in Germany already. Why always Germany. I have at least three stories of regret from the female folks in Germany helping out guys already. Are you going to be one of the many victims, well.... It depends.
So many things i can't say on this forum.
Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by hibroym(m): 2:31am On Feb 13, 2017
If you believe you have the ability to help him,ensure you do that.Either is your boyfriend or not,it's always good to help.You need to know that somebody has also helped you in one way or another.If he thereafter turns ingrates then God will make the right judgment.
Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by AyencoH2O(m): 2:44am On Feb 13, 2017
It's all about mutual understanding: if you both get it right about core values and buiding blocks of ur relationship: there is not bad in helping ur partner if it won't be abused and misinterpreted. It all depends on both of u trust.
Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by esthertk: 2:46am On Feb 13, 2017
No,when he came to me he was marriage minded and wanted us to settle down as soon as possible but unfortunately he lost his job
Eke40seven:

It happens too often, veery often. I think his quick talk about marriage is influenced by the fact that you are in Germany already. Why always Germany. I have at least three stories of regret from the female folks in Germany helping out guys already. Are you going to be one of the many victims, well.... It depends.
So many things i can't say on this forum.
Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by Nofuckgiven: 2:48am On Feb 13, 2017
OP,do what won't kill you at the end of the day,I no wan come here tomorrow hear say he Don dump you oh. God created men to take care of women. It has always been so whether they like it or not. Just as a man can easily cheat without thinking twice,women are more emotional than men generally. I Don talk my own oh tongue
Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by Nobody: 2:53am On Feb 13, 2017
Oliviaxx:
Do you want to 'loan' him money or 'dash' him money....if its loan, u have to be sure hes a person of integrity and loves u enough to not runaway before paying up. We've had too many stories of 'my bf ranaway with my money and blocked me on all social networks' here on nairaland. This is something you both have to sit and talk about. Dont make that decision in a hurry sweetie
On which nairaland did you read these stories?
@op, all's I can say is better make sure that German Visa is residency, otherwise the shoe go dey the other leg when dem catapult you back to naija. Already downgrading the guyman. Abeg carry your money dey go, no need.
Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by esthertk: 3:01am On Feb 13, 2017
Desperate for what? Its obvious you do not know the meaning of love ,if I would follow the naija girl's style, after I traveled I could have easily dumped him, secondly why wanna chill with a broke guy or even consider helping him? Your latter point is my fear,I do not want it to look as if I am trying to lure him with money or make him feel indebted to marry me, its a huge turn off for guys once they feel indebted to a ladyit even makes them misbehave cos it has a toll on their ego,and would want to go be with a lady that wasn't in their success story so they have a say thinking the one that helped out might always use it against them. Like one person said , Yes I am poor and just struggling, If i use my hard earned money to help a guy and I lose my relationship or someone I love It will be quite painful. I wish to help him from the bottom of my heart but I want to be careful and not pass the wrong message and like another said we dont even know each other well enough before I traveled and once I dish out the money and I say something or do something have never done before he might think am being proud cos I helped out, I have learnt something if I decide to help out it definitely wont be done directly by me I have to connect a 3rd person.
Oblackq:

U dnt seem confused. U actually seem desperate. Probably u wanna use d money u wanna give 2him as Bait? Dosent work dat way. U should knw beta. D answers u seek are dancing shoki around u.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by TinaAnita(f): 3:39am On Feb 13, 2017
searchng4love:
Don't help because you hope to be married to him. Help because you are willing and capable to. Loan? Yes.... But don't expect much from him....In return... Even marriage

I couldn't agree more.. Extremely on point!
Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by Lexusgs430: 4:16am On Feb 13, 2017
esthertk:
I need the candid advise of the matured minds here. My boyfriend and I have been dating for 8 months when our relationship was 3 months I was able to get a German visa and moved to Germany .

He lost his job 2 months ago, and we have been discussing on how he can get back on his feet, lots of interviews and no call back and with this harsh economy we consider it best he starts a business which he doesn't even have the capital.

I really wish I can support him but so scared it might be termed as using money to buy love and this might just make him stick to me for the wrong reasons or even later dump me... I am so confused

If you want to assist financially, ensure some find of formal arrangements are in place to financially repay the loan. If in the future you get married and decide to forfeit and reimburse funds into family funds, your call.... .. Imagine setting him up (free), afterwards getting dumped?
Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by Brugo(m): 4:49am On Feb 13, 2017
yomi007k:
undecided

Na wa oooo..

And we help our women without thinking twice or asking for people's opinion.

We learn daily.

You've said it all.
Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by fiponmile(m): 4:49am On Feb 13, 2017
I will advise you to firstly release half of what you intended to give him, let him use that to invest , if he returned it after the transaction you can then double click, but he failed you won't be disappointed....
Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by Josephamstrong1(m): 5:03am On Feb 13, 2017
U help nt my becos of him.
U do not help becos u want smtn in return.
Help becos u wanna help as it's ya nature to help. Forget Wat he'll say.
Pls...let him ask. Sm guys and pride. If he can bring down himself and ask... Pls help.
Mind you... Humans r bound to disappoint. Buh nt to worry.
Can i leave a good woman if I find her? Dats guys for u. We want good gals.
Except u ain't good.

Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by Josephamstrong1(m): 5:19am On Feb 13, 2017
McFabian07:
Here's my advice.
1. Don't give him money you can't let go.
2. Give him the money as a loan.
3. Don't give him the money directly. If you guys have an elderly male friend or relative, give the person the money to loan your bf. let the person never tell him it's from you. This way he will have his dignity and respect, and you would have helped him. possibly, the money may come back.
4. Don't expect anyhing in return, or never use it against him in the future.

Is this really coming from a guy?
Well we guys r learning. A lady wanted to help her potential man carry am come online. Wen Odas dey buy cars and houses gv thr bobo.
Oga, so now na to loan ya partner money?
Don't u kw loan brks relationship?
Gv if u have. Life's all abt risk meehn. Either ways.
Na just ur last point make small sense.

Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by Josephamstrong1(m): 5:22am On Feb 13, 2017
lodphil:
But will you expect him to stick with you and marry you when he gets back to his feet without ur help,especially when you know u didn't help him when he needed it,and u had d means.

Dats a real nigga.

Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by Josephamstrong1(m): 5:26am On Feb 13, 2017
Truesapiosexual:
Help if it's not going to strain your pocket and do so without expecting anything in return, if he stays cool nd if he leaves such is life no hard feelings

smiley

Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by Josephamstrong1(m): 5:37am On Feb 13, 2017
esthertk:
Well most cases ladies tend to chill with a man that spends on them and its usually the other way round when a lady gives a man, and to set the records straight when he was working and had good pay i have never asked him for money. All my point is would he still love me for me and not love me so many cases I have seen men end up dumping a girl that was financially supportive to them, I dont know why... May be the men here can shed some light on it

U kw why?
Wen it keeps getting to ur head.
Wen thr is priding in u grin
Smtimes women tend to disrespect, nag and misbehave all in the name of..."I supported or I do support him".
The guy after much endurance will have no choice dan to ditch you.
Help and stl be the normal you. Dats wat we call dope.

1 Share

Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by KevinDein: 5:42am On Feb 13, 2017
Wow. girls are mean. Help a lover and you open a thread. You guys are genuinely mean.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by Roseey0(f): 5:43am On Feb 13, 2017
Don't give him huge money, even if he suggests you help.
Pray for him. You will be surprised how all the interviews will start turning out positive.
Encourage him
Stand with him now. That is love.

Every other thing will sort itself out with time.
If he is a real man.
Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by KevinDein: 5:46am On Feb 13, 2017
kalindaminda:
LMAO at [b]broke little boys i[/b]n this thread whining that girls should empty their accounts for them. As if we don't know what Nigerian men are like.

OP, if you give him that money directly, it will never stop. He will never forget it, and he will also be defensive and have it in the back of his mind forever. Worst case scenario, he may even be straffing and spending your money on another babe.

Listen to this person. Wisest post you will get on this thread.

the line use by the truly broke assss girls

It's getting stale, sweetie
Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by Josephamstrong1(m): 5:46am On Feb 13, 2017
rukygold001:
honestly, dont give him a dime,you'll regret it ..
tell him to ask his family for help,humans are unpredictable

Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by henryhemon(m): 5:48am On Feb 13, 2017
Believe me this is not the best place to seek for an advise, You 're going to be more confused. Follow your heart.
Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by Josephamstrong1(m): 5:50am On Feb 13, 2017
mrjojo:
wow, am really surprised at the comment am seeing here shocked shocked Like what exactly is the big deal in helping someone you actually claimed you love for goodness sake? So it ok for guys to ditch out help without even thinking twice but when it is the other way around you ladies make an issue out of it. I had same issue with my ex, see we all human, sometimes we all need help. We were dating for over a yr plus, it was a serious, so i thought, I can't even count times I helped out even without asking, cos it not big deal, She was my gf, Well so it happens i needed help urgently and I knew she could or who else am I supposed to ask for hep if not for my gf right? well she started seeking advice from friends and her sisters, and i got to know. Well told her to hold her money, and i got somewhere else.

Well i think in this part if the world, Love is not Mutual, A lady will expect me to get gifts, "help" take her out etc,Which i will do without breaking a sweat, but when I actually needs help, she will start consulting her pastors. hmmm. Guys learn for real, If a lady is holding you like a pinch of salt, abeg don't carry her like a bag of rice.

@op, Madam I think you should keep your money, since you are even here to ask in the first place.(i doubt if you really love him though) God will surely provide another source for him,

That's a home run.

Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by Nobody: 5:54am On Feb 13, 2017
esthertk:

If you really want to help your boyfriend, help him. There's no big deal in helping someone you love, afterall men assist ladies financially all the time and we dont make a big deal out of it, even if the ladies end up not appreciating it.

If the guy in question is resonsible and u can vouch fof his character, then by all means go ahead. It's not everything you bring on social media. Das ist mein Vorschlag. . .
Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by Brushless: 5:55am On Feb 13, 2017
ifex370:
No real man will ask you for money..

If u wanna help.. Do so at the largeness of your heart
Dont cry when he eventually turncoat.
Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by Brushless: 5:57am On Feb 13, 2017
searchng4love:
Don't help because you hope to be married to him. Help because you are willing and capable to. Loan? Yes.... But don't expect much from him....In return... Even marriage
All said.
Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by Nobody: 5:59am On Feb 13, 2017
KevinDein:
Wow. girls are mean. Help a lover and you open a thread. You guys are genuinely mean.

As in... I'm shocked myself. The way ladies are selfish and mean sometimes makes me realize that one shouldn't be too generous to them. Most of the things that men do to help ladies, they will never do for a guy even if u read all the Psalms in the bible.

But then again, who knows if the guy is not very responsible?

For my life, I no go ever ask woman for 1kobo cos I can't bear any insult. . . I'd rather remain an Alpha Male. . .
Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by laiza(m): 6:00am On Feb 13, 2017
I've been in your shoes before, or rather your boyfriends' shoes. All I can advice is invest in him. If you get the dividends, it was a good investment. If you don't, it was a bad investment. But please, do something. In the real sense of it he might never ask you, probably you guys aren't that close. Forget the fact you fucking him, if he ain't cool taking your money if you give him a billion dollars he still won't bulge. You sure know him better than us, so pls take a chance with him. How much, I do not know. Use your discretion. If you lose, you learn. If you gain, well you just built a business.
Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by ceejay4real(m): 6:02am On Feb 13, 2017
yomi007k:
undecided

Na wa oooo..

And we help our women without thinking twice or asking for people's opinion.

We learn daily.
Women are so wicked and selfish, I swear! See JAMB question!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by bapullow: 6:05am On Feb 13, 2017
Help him why not, is ur boyfriend
Re: I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate by Boss13: 6:08am On Feb 13, 2017
esthertk:

First, he is your friend (remove the boy attached to it) and he needs some assistance. Why not give it to him, if you can, rather than just listen to him.

There must not be any strings attached. I'd expect you would want the same assistance if the table switched

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Policeman Who Locked Up His Fiancee In Pre-wedding Photos Finally Ties The Knot / Facebook Love Leads To Marriage (pics) / My Heart Is Shattered � Battered And Scattered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.