Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:04 PM

The Trial Of Viaro - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Trial Of Viaro (4559 Views)

Poll: Do you think He/She is guilty

Yes: 77% (14 votes)
No: 16% (3 votes)
He is just impersonating: 5% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

The Trial Of Pastor Jones (Adeboye) A Short Story / The Trial Of Jesus - Interesting Analysis / The Trial Of Jesus - Fair Or Unfair? Lawful Or Unlawful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Trial Of Viaro by PastorAIO: 7:33pm On Dec 07, 2009
Your honour, At first I thought that he was she.  But after repeated denials I thought that surely no one could be such a brazen faced liar.  It is no secret that I thought little of Pilgrim but even the little that I thought of her was not so damning to believe that she could so utterly confound my low opinion of her by stooping that much lower.  It was the brazenness of it all that made me conclude that Viaro could not be Pilgrim.  

Ah ha!  It was too much.  

But then it went beyond her turn of phrase or even her syntax (another curious thing was that over time his language seem to metamorphose more and more in to Pilgrim's as if he was trying to sound different initially but slowly the strain of trying to maintain the ruse began to wear him down), it became the subjects that he was interested in.

First was the interest in the Tithe brouhaha in which he argued Pilgrim's very same points.  But then there was a thread in which somebody complained about the lack of interesting subjects to discuss and Viaro responded that he was thinking of starting threads on certain subjects.  He never got round to it but he spoke of 4 or so subjects he'd like us to discuss and they were all subjects that Pilgrim was into.  

Especially the Paranormal!  I decided to wait until he actually started the thread so I could catch him out with his pants down, but he never started the thread. But he did go on about Telluric currents in another thread which is also part of the whole paranormal occult genre of ideas.  

I've been trying to get my head around the fact that anyone could maintain such a level of mendacity and the only way that I can rationalize it is that it is all a joke.  He/she is just having a bit of fun with us and that is in fact how all his posts should be seen.  As a bit of light fun.  

Another thing to support her case though is that I got the sense that Pilgrim was in touch with some people offline on YIM etc.  If that was the case then either they are in on it too which would just be too utterly mindboggling (my head would explode- especially as they were all the self righteous born again christian types, though having said that they are the one's more likely to practice deciet) or in fact they are two distinct people.  

If Pilgrim is Viaro, I have another idea.  I think that Mavenbox is Viaro too and that she just accused Viaro or being Krayola in order to throw a red herring into the mix.
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by PastorAIO: 7:35pm On Dec 07, 2009
viaro:

Haven't you heard? A waste of the law courts time constitutes very heinous crimes! grin

By the way, where's that link that led to your conversion? I'm not kidding - I just would so like to take a view.

Banom don't give him. Let him suffer. Why the interest? "I just would so like to take a view" ko, "I just would so like to take a view" ni.
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by PastorAIO: 7:38pm On Dec 07, 2009
viaro:

Roger that! You're too correct, my guy! grin grin

Statements like this are just too 9ja-ish for someone who claims not to even be nigerian.
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by Krayola(m): 7:42pm On Dec 07, 2009
CHEI!!. Pastor AIO. U be FBI agent? . .  Omo. ,  if USA hire u Bin Laden will be in handcuffs by sunset  grin
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by Tudor6(f): 7:45pm On Dec 07, 2009
Since we're all confessing I admit i'm indeed female instead of the "male" Tudór you all know.

So pls respect the lady in the house.
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by Krayola(m): 7:46pm On Dec 07, 2009
Tudór:

Since we're all confessing I admit i'm indeed female instead of the "male" Tudór you all know.

wsup Biaaiitch?!?!?!
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by banom(m): 7:49pm On Dec 07, 2009
Tudór:

This hell candidate what are you saying ?
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by banom(m): 7:50pm On Dec 07, 2009
Krayola:

wsup Biaaiitch?!?!?!

Krayola are you mad ? leave the new Tudor my girlfriend alone for me.
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by mazaje(m): 7:51pm On Dec 07, 2009
Tudór:

Hey baby come suck a gigantic lolly pop. . . .
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by JeSoul(f): 7:51pm On Dec 07, 2009
Tudór:

shocked  shocked it is an impossicant. Such an abrasive nature can only emanate from a condition of too much testosterone.
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by Krayola(m): 7:52pm On Dec 07, 2009
@ Tudor  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked dat your profile pic na real AMerican wonder!!  grin grin

Banom, make u dey carry dey go.  your girlfriend na real bone-crusher. I apologize.  grin
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by mazaje(m): 7:54pm On Dec 07, 2009
Krayola:

@ Tudor  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked dat your profile pic na real AMerican wonder!!  grin grin

Banom, make u dey carry dey go.  your girlfriend na real bone-crusher. I apologize.  grin

BUNDAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by banom(m): 7:55pm On Dec 07, 2009
Krayola:

Good boy, now you have realized that is not only tpia athat is a military girl on nairaland.
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by viaro: 8:02pm On Dec 07, 2009
Your honour, my answer to the preliminary case as set forth by Pastor AIO:

Pastor AIO:

But then it went beyond her turn of phrase or even her syntax (another curious thing was that over time his language seem to metamorphose more and more in to Pilgrim's as if he was trying to sound different initially but slowly the strain of trying to maintain the ruse began to wear him down), it became the subjects that he was interested in.

Outside of Nairaland, viaro is known for his diction; which is not surprising to have landed me in deep trouble a couple of times. Someone opined in another thread that the 'nada, zilch' and 'don't give two scoobies' are part of the portmanteau of pilgrim.1's phraseology - for which I was curious and asked for a link. Your honour, I am still waiting.

First was the interest in the Tithe brouhaha in which he argued Pilgrim's very same points.

I wonder if pilgrim.1 is the only person that has the same ideas on tithes as are found in her post. Not too long ago I posted excerpts from an article where Pastor Tunde Bakare taught precisely the same thing - does that make Tunde Bakare either viaro or pilgrim.1? Not only so, if Pastor AIO had been looking carefully, I'm sure he would have found the same point repeated by others outside of Nairaland - would that also mean that all those other people are viaro or pilgrim.1? The 'very same points' here is not even close to call - AIO could help himself by looking outside the cublicle.

But then there was a thread in which somebody complained about the lack of interesting subjects to discuss and Viaro responded that he was thinking of starting threads on certain subjects.  He never got round to it but he spoke of 4 or so subjects he'd like us to discuss and they were all subjects that Pilgrim was into.

That's interesting. I don't know if pilgrim.1 had all those subject as her interests or those are the only thing for which she was known. Incidentally, I remember KunleOshob is as interested in UFO and tithes as she was, and perhaps that makes us all.

However, let me set pastor AIO gently on this allegation. Indeed I posited some (I think about 4 or 5) topics that might make for interesting topics to discuss if people were complaining about dry topics in the Religion section. But I also noted several times in several places that even though there were several topics that I am interested in opening threads for and discussing, I really did not have the time and would not be able to maintain so until somewhere around DECEMBER or JANUARY. To this end, I have had the fortune of a few days off, and I opened a thread recently to fulfill that promise. The title of that thread is: HOW THE UNIVERSE WILL END. This thread is being discussed in an interesting manner even as i'm thinking and working on the other topics. How have I come under the accusation that I never "got round to it", pastor AIO?

Especially the Paranormal!  I decided to wait until he actually started the thread so I could catch him out with his pants down, but he never started the thread. But he did go on about Telluric currents in another thread which is also part of the whole paranormal occult genre of ideas.

I am not allowed to laugh in court, your honour; but pastor AIO here is making a very, very poor case indeed. I mean, the laugh of anybody thinking that "telluric" is in the same genre as the 'whole paranormal occult genre'!! This is the very reason why I often tried to leave explanations in parenthesis to explain what I meant, when Deep Sight once observed and cautioned that I didn't need to explain my terms lest it made Nigerians look like they never went to school! Where i had used the term "telluric", I have often made clear in brackets what I meant - matters relating to the earth. Your honour, how is it that anyone would think that matters relating to the earth is PARANORMAL and/or OCCULTIC? cheesy

All that would be needed by the jury is to consult a good dictionary on the term if my explanations of that term were not sufficient. Here are a few:

telluric:
      Pertaining to the Earth
      http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/telluric

telluric:
      Relating to the earth
      http://www.earth-keeper.com/defininggaiaarticle.shtml

If pastor AIO found occultic meanings of that word 'telluric', at least it was clear in the context I used them that I was not into the occult. Besides, if anything, I have always been interested in my field of training - the Geosciences, which is why it is quite difficult for me to resist not contributing to anything that has to do with numbers and/or physics.

I've been trying to get my head around the fact that anyone could maintain such a level of mendacity and the only way that I can rationalize it is that it is all a joke.  He/she is just having a bit of fun with us and that is in fact how all his posts should be seen.  As a bit of light fun.

Your honour, I have not been medacious in my posts, outlook or interractions with any Nairalanders.

Another thing to support her case though is that I got the sense that Pilgrim was in touch with some people offline on YIM etc.  If that was the case then either they are in on it too which would just be too utterly mindboggling (my head would explode- especially as they were all the self righteous born again christian types, though having said that they are the one's more likely to practice deciet) or in fact they are two distinct people.

I would not know about that; so it is not my call to respond to such conspiracy theory on anyone's behalf.

If Pilgrim is Viaro, I have another idea.  I think that Mavenbox is Viaro too and that she just accused Viaro or being Krayola in order to throw a red herring into the mix.

Well, that indeed would be a most intersting theory - and perhaps the Court needs to call in mavenbox as the principal witness for herself.

Your honour, respectfully submitted.
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by banom(m): 8:06pm On Dec 07, 2009
@ Viaro,

You know the worse, the more you type the obvious it becomes.
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by viaro: 8:07pm On Dec 07, 2009
banom:

@ Viaro,

You the worse, the more you type the obvious it becomes.

Thank you sir. I didn't need to reply to such as posted by Pastor AIO - but for people who might use that as a gateway to mob-attack viaro, perhaps a rejoinder was well in place.
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by Tudor6(f): 8:08pm On Dec 07, 2009
Krayola:

wsup Biaaiitch?!?!?!
mazaje:

Hey baby come suck a gigantic lolly pop. . . .
JeSoul:

shocked  shocked it is an impossicant. Such an abrasive nature can only emanate from a condition of too much testosterone.
You see its for this reason why I decided to register on NL as a male. . . .People expect you as a female to behave in a certain manner and take everything lying down. well no more!!! There are women amongst us who can rub shoulders with the men when it comes to exhuberence and energy.

I'm tired of pretending. I'm female' sexy and PROUD.
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by ogajim(m): 8:09pm On Dec 07, 2009
Pilgrim.1 could have grown some balls and became someone else just as you would get if you "baptize" Abu and renamed him John. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by banom(m): 8:12pm On Dec 07, 2009
Tudór:

You see its for this reason why I decided to register on NL as a male. . . .People expect you as a female to behave in a certain manner and take everything lying down. well no more!!! There are women amongst us who can rub shoulders with the men when it comes to exhuberence and energy.

And you equally own a very good camera phone.
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by viaro: 8:13pm On Dec 07, 2009
Pastor AIO:

Statements like this are just too 9ja-ish for someone who claims not to even be nigerian.

Yes, I was actually trying to imitate that and sound Nigerian. I have a list of local sayings that will soon start appearing in my posts as well. However, what I said to you in one thread is that I'm not familiar with the Yoruba culture. Since then, as is usual with my inquisitive mind, I have tried to do a bit of study. I was chatting about this and wanted to discuss some of these Yoruba things with you among others, and only had a small go at offering answers to someone who was asking a question about the Igbo culture (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-362219.0.html#msg5057574).
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by viaro: 8:15pm On Dec 07, 2009
ogajim:

Pilgrim.1 could have grown some balls and became someone else just as you would get if you "baptize" Abu and renamed him John. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Precisely, Jim. .  precisely. I have balls now, don't be surprised. grin
I remember once when Deep Sight talked about 'testicles' and my joking about it landed me in trouble in my office (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=355093.msg4983855#msg4983855).
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by Tudor6(f): 8:16pm On Dec 07, 2009
viaro:

Yes, I was actually trying to imitate that and sound Nigerian. I have a list of local sayings that will soon start appearing in my posts as well. However, what I said to you in one thread is that I'm not familiar with the Yoruba culture. Since then, as is usual with my inquisitive mind, I have tried to do a bit of study. I was chatting about this and wanted to discuss some of these Yoruba things with you among others, and only had a small go at offering answers to someone who was asking a question about the Igbo culture (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-362219.0.html#msg5057574).
You're not nigerian? shocked shocked shocked
Where from if I may ask. . . . .
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by PastorAIO: 8:17pm On Dec 07, 2009
http://www.paranormal-inspectres.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=117

http://liminalthresholds..com/2008/04/earth-energy-ley-lines.html
There is disputed evidence that dowsers have subliminal sensitivity to the environment (through electroception, magnetoception, telluric currents or otherwise) or other paranormal faculties.[citation needed] Soviet geologists have made claims for the abilities of dowsers,[13] which are difficult to account for in terms of the reception of normal sensory cues. Some authors suggest that these abilities may be explained by postulating human sensitivity to small magnetic field gradient changes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dowsing

http://ghostwriterssociety./category/paranormal-investigators/
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by Krayola(m): 8:18pm On Dec 07, 2009
Tudór:

Abeg sharrap!!. U wey u be don for confra!!  grin

Oya make me sef make confession. I once made another user ID and wanted to pretend to be a Christian and debate against the atheists and give them hell. But after like 2 or three posts I felt kinda lame and gave it up. It just felt really silly. I couldn't get myself to pull it off.  embarassed
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by Tudor6(f): 8:18pm On Dec 07, 2009
banom:

And you equally own a very good camera phone.
yea, very good indeed!
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by viaro: 8:19pm On Dec 07, 2009
Tudór:

You're not nigerian? shocked shocked shocked
Where from if I may ask. . . . .

I have a very complex background which I often like to describe as 'a native eagle with a foreign dance'. My dad is Nigerian, mum is Italian, blah, blah.
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by viaro: 8:22pm On Dec 07, 2009
Pastor AIO:

http://www.paranormal-inspectres.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=117

http://liminalthresholds..com/2008/04/earth-energy-ley-lines.htmlhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dowsing

There is disputed evidence that dowsers have subliminal sensitivity to the environment (through electroception, magnetoception, telluric currents or otherwise) or other paranormal faculties.[citation needed] Soviet geologists have made claims for the abilities of dowsers,[13] which are difficult to account for in terms of the reception of normal sensory cues. Some authors suggest that these abilities may be explained by postulating human sensitivity to small magnetic field gradient changes.

http://ghostwriterssociety./category/paranormal-investigators/

Please visit the threads where I used the word 'telluric' and see if I was discussing the occult there. It is not just jumping at a word that you see that settles this for you, especially where i took time out to explain in parenthesis what exactly I meant.

People interested in the occult use scientific terms - that should not be taken to mean that viaro was all into the occult. If you want a list of such terms, I readily could provide them. But sorry, AIO, this one about occultism is not in my domain.

____

Edit:

Telluric - as referring simply to matters about Earth study:

A terrestrial planet, telluric planet, rocky planet or inner planet is a planet that is primarily composed of silicate rocks. Within the solar system, the terrestrial planets are the closest planets to the Sun. The terms are derived from Latin words for Earth (Terra and Tellus), and an alternative definition would be that these are planets which are, in some notable fashion, "Earth-like".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrestrial_planet

If pastor AIO found occultic meanings of that word 'telluric', at least it was clear in the context I used them that I was not into the occult. Besides, if anything, I have always been interested in my field of training - the Geosciences, which is why it is quite difficult for me to resist not contributing to anything that has to do with numbers and/or physics.
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by Tudor6(f): 8:25pm On Dec 07, 2009
Krayola:

Abeg sharrap!!. U wey u be don for confra!!  grin
kiss kiss kiss You having a crush on me? kiss kiss kiss

Oya make me sef make confession. I once made another user ID and wanted to pretend to be a Christian and debate against the atheists and give them hell. But after like 2 or three posts I felt kinda lame and gave it up. It just felt really silly. I couldn't get myself to pull it off.  embarassed
Really? what was the name of the i.d and how long ago was this?
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by banom(m): 8:30pm On Dec 07, 2009
viaro:

I have a very complex background which I often like to describe as 'a native eagle with a foreign dance'. My dad is Nigerian, mum is Italian, blah, blah.

Oh you are a Machiavellian ? now i know you are mafian.  Veni vidi Vici .
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by viaro: 8:32pm On Dec 07, 2009
hehe. . thou sayest! We just evolved into a new mafia soon to be publicly launched! grin
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by banom(m): 8:35pm On Dec 07, 2009
viaro:

hehe. . thou sayest! We just evolved into a new mafia soon to be publicly launched! grin

Ok enroll me.
Re: The Trial Of Viaro by Krayola(m): 8:36pm On Dec 07, 2009
Tudór:

kiss kiss kiss You having a crush on me? kiss kiss kiss

Omo. . . make u come crush me with that 350 kilos of thighs and ikebe shocked . I no want o. Thank u sooo mush!! grin

Tudór:

Really? what was the name of the i.d and how long ago was this?

haha. . about a week and a half ago. I got sick and tired of debating with Christians and wanted to flip the script and debate as a Christian. ,  but it just wasn't in me to do the whole multiple ID thing so i decided to just do it as Krayola. The username was "easel". Check post 23 on this thread.   grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=358001.msg5013460#msg5013460

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top Ten Astonishing Miracles (warning, Some Graphihc Pics) / Name Your Best Worship Leader / Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.