Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,572 members, 7,934,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 12:28 PM

Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? (2117 Views)

"Kogi Government Trying To Frame Me For Murder" - Dino Melaye / Remi Tinubu: Is Lagos Ready For A Female Governor? / Nigeria Government Trying To Break The Unity Existing Between Igbos & Ijaw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? by ipin(f): 4:48pm On Feb 16, 2017
Nairalanders please i want topic to the FP and if possible someone should help get this to the Lagos State Governor himself.
My late mother before her death in 2010 was a teacher with the Lagos state government.
After her death i was told there is an insurance benefit for any Lagos state government worker who died in active service, which make me a beneficiary.
After many years, i finally got a call sometimes June 2016 to come to SUBEB in Maryland where i was told that the Lagos state Government will be a presenting Cheque to all the beneficiary on Friday 29th, July 2016 @ ADEYEMI BERO AUDITORIUM inside Alausa secretariat. I was there on the said date, some commissioners of Lagos state Government were present, LASACO ASSURRANCE staff, some OBAs and some APC members where also present, radio and television stations were also there.
To cut the story short, after all said and done. Beneficiaries were call one after the other and envelops believed to be containing beneficiaries cheque was presented to us.
At the end of the presentation, we discovered what was inside the envelop was not cheque but instead ordinary letter.
I attached copy of the letter below:

Cc; lalasticlala

Re: Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? by BLACKCHARGER(m): 4:51pm On Feb 16, 2017
Okay.. Post the letter and since when did this thing happen
Re: Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? by ghettowriter(m): 5:06pm On Feb 16, 2017
At Op, I'd advice you to look for the Lagos state Governor's twitter handle and that of People/organization in charge of ministries responsible for this type of issues and tag them with your details. I learnt from experience that twitter is a very good source of getting to People in authority. I'll advice you give it a try.

GoodLuck.
Re: Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? by ipin(f): 5:06pm On Feb 16, 2017
BLACKCHARGER:

Thanks for your concern. My main problem is, if you read through the letter. It was stated there that the amount has been paid into my late mother PFA account. That is where the fraud comes in, her PFA is STANBIC but what they wrote in the letter is CRUSADER STERLING PENSIONS.
This people are just fooling us, the have deposited the money in crusader sterling belonging to one of their APC member and am sure you know what that means and they have send a message to the whole world that beneficiaries have been paid.
Same thing Bola Ahmed Tinubu did during his own time, OBJ gave him money for Lagos state pensioners then but for 8yrs Tinubu did not pay the pensioners instead lodge the billions in a fix deposit account and leave all those old pensioners to die one after the other, this is not a political propaganda but fact because my late father happens to be one of the pensioners then and he died without collecting his pension.

PLEASE I WANT TO WHOLE WORLD TO SEE THIS O.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? by ipin(f): 5:10pm On Feb 16, 2017
ghettowriter:
At Op, I'd advice you to look for the Lagos state Governor's twitter handle and that of People/organization in charge of ministries responsible for this type of issues and tag them with your details. I learnt from experience that twitter is a very good source of getting to People in authority. I'll advice you give it a try.

GoodLuck.

Thanks but can i do that without an account, dont have a twitter account.
Re: Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? by ipin(f): 5:19pm On Feb 16, 2017
BLACKCHARGER:

Please help move this to FP.
Re: Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? by BLACKCHARGER(m): 5:20pm On Feb 16, 2017
ipin:

Please help move this to FP.

Cc; lalasticlala
Re: Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? by respect80(m): 5:46pm On Feb 16, 2017
ipin:

Don't waste time na just create an account and try Dat out.
I support the twitter issue so go on and try it
Re: Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? by ghettowriter(m): 5:52pm On Feb 16, 2017
ipin:

Its free to open a twitter account and it takes less than five minutes. Just visit www.twitter.com to sign up.

After opening a twitter account, you can quote me if you encounter any challenge on how to send your complaints to the Required Organizations or the Person incharge of the program.

Futhermore, Have you contacted the CRUSADER STERLING PENSIONS organization?
Re: Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? by fyneguy: 5:59pm On Feb 16, 2017
OP,

Why don't you enquire from Crusader Sterling about the status of the letter and how you can claim the funds?

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 16, 2017
Ex govs Tinubu and fashola are receiving steady alert on their pensions and free medicals,tourism,and cars after just 8 years of looting while the hardworking civil servants who worked for 35 years are denied theirs.

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? by ipin(f): 6:07pm On Feb 16, 2017
fyneguy:
OP,

Why don't you enquire from Crusader Sterling about the status of the letter and how you can claim the funds?

I did some days after I got the letter but they denied having such fund and there was no record of my mum on their system.
Re: Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 16, 2017
The financial and emotional hassle before you can claim your mother's pension will be hectic.I once went through the same process when I went to one of the pension office to apply for 25% of my pension after I had left my former employer.You will be asked to go to your late mother's former employer to obtain a letter of disengagement/retirement.After that,you will provide some other documents like bank statement of account which require money to obtain from her employee bank account.At the end I spent half of the 25% I applied for.Mind you,this pension had been deducted from your late mother's salaries and remitted to the pension office.It is not a government funded pension.You have to get all your mother's payslips from the day the pension deduction started so that you will not be cheated upon. Some employer don't remit payment after deducting from an employee's salary.If let say #2k was deducted from her monthly salary,her employer will add #2k totaling #4k and remitted to her pfa.Be sure to calculate.I once faced the same problem.Be wise.
Re: Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? by NuclearWinter: 6:10pm On Feb 16, 2017
Illiteracy is truly a disease.

Contact your late mum's pension manager, Crusader Pensions.

The money has been paid into her account since!

Haba
Re: Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 16, 2017
ipin:

I did some days after I got the letter but they denied having such fund and there was no record of my mum on their system.
It could be Lagos state government have been deducting money from your mother's pension and refuse to remit it.Your mother should have a pension account number document that you can use to verify.
Re: Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 16, 2017
NuclearWinter:
Illiteracy is truly a disease.

Contact your late mum's pension manager, Crusader Pensions.

The money has been paid into her account since!

Haba
What if the money has not been paid?
Re: Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? by NuclearWinter: 6:22pm On Feb 16, 2017
ipin:

Lagos State (just like other ACN states in the SW) refused to abide by the PENCOM act.

I think Lagos State began implementation as late as 2015.

You said your mum died in 2010 so I am very sure she was never captured or registered under the Lagos State civil service PENCOM plan.

What you need to do is :

1. Confirm when LAGS began implementation of the contributory pension scheme

2. Find out if the above occurred prior to your mum's death. I know for a fact that the FG began implementation of contributory pension as far back as 2004!

3. If Lagos State hadn't began the PENCOM scheme when your mum died, then you have to go back to the Lagos state head of service office to make your complain.

4. This is the most important thing I will tell you, it seems your mum's name was still on the Lagos state payroll long after her demise and a PENCOM account was opened in her name by some unscrupulous individuals at the Lagos state ministry of Finance.
The above will make it near impossible for you to access the funds or seek any reprieve as the same people you will be complaining to are probably behind the fraud.

Your mother has become literally a ghost worker!
Re: Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? by NuclearWinter: 6:24pm On Feb 16, 2017
Love Machine:
What if the money has not been paid?

See my post above
Re: Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? by ipin(f): 6:26pm On Feb 16, 2017
Love Machine:
It could be Lagos state government have been deducting money from your mother's pension and refuse to remit it.Your mother should have a pension account number document that you can use to verify.

I have all those papers with me and they are STANBIC papers not Crusader.
Re: Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? by NuclearWinter: 6:30pm On Feb 16, 2017
ipin:

Are you sure? Because LASG passed the PENCOM act in 2007 and only began implementation in 2013!
Re: Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? by ipin(f): 6:31pm On Feb 16, 2017
NuclearWinter:

Lagos State (just like other ACN states in the SW) refused to abide by the PENCOM act.

I think Lagos State began implementation as late as 2015.

You said your mum died in 2010 so I am very sure she was never captured or registered under the Lagos State civil service PENCOM plan.

What you need to do is :

1. Confirm when LAGS began implementation of the contributory pension scheme

2. Find out if the above occurred prior to your mum's death. I know for a fact that the FG began implementation of contributory pension as far back as 2004!

3. If Lagos State hadn't began the PENCOM scheme when your mum died, then you have to go back to the Lagos state head of service office to make your complain.

4. This is the most important thing I will tell you, it seems your mum's name was still on the Lagos state payroll long after her demise and a PENCOM account was opened in her name by some unscrupulous individuals at the Lagos state ministry of Finance.
The above will make it near impossible for you to access the funds or seek any reprieve as the same people you will be complaining to are probably behind the fraud.

Your mother has become literally a ghost worker!

Thanks for the info but I have her PFA papers with me, RSA number and I do access the account online. The PFA is intact with STANBIC.
Re: Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 16, 2017
ipin:

Do a follow up.Someone in alausa has embezzled your late mom's sweat.
Re: Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? by NuclearWinter: 6:37pm On Feb 16, 2017
ipin:

Thanks for the info but I have her PFA papers with me, RSA number and I do access the account online. The PFA is intact with STANBIC.

If so then proceed to the Lagos State PENCOM office to make the necessary correction.

The money won't have transferred to Crusader since your mum used STANBIC.

Go to the Lagos PENCOM office to make all complaints and seek corrections.
Re: Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? by Redoil: 7:06pm On Feb 16, 2017
What ever issue you have with lasag may you find success
Re: Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? by ipin(f): 7:47pm On Feb 16, 2017
Redoil:
What ever issue you have with lasag may you find success

Amen. God bless u.
Re: Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? by Ahmadgani(m): 7:55pm On Feb 16, 2017
Civil service commisson
Re: Is Lagos State Government Trying To "SCAM" Us Or What? by GMBuhari: 8:22am On Feb 17, 2017
Lol

They told you where the benefit was paid

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: What’s Abt To Happen 'll Shake D Foundation Of The Earth – Dokubo (video / Innoson: GTB Loses 18 Billion Naira Deposits In Two Days / Bayelsa State Ministry Of Education House Built By Gov. Dickson Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.