Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,863 members, 7,872,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:47 AM

Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland (1475 Views)

Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? / Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. / I Dnt Want To Be As Rich As Jay Z,lupe Fiasco Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by Rhymstein(m): 6:36am On Dec 08, 2009
What d deal,lovers of concious and alternative hiphop.does anyone have d new lupe mixtape:Enemy of The state,a love story?need a good download link cos d one i checkd didnt work.help a soul pls
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by GOODMusic: 8:50am On Dec 08, 2009
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by hax: 8:10pm On Dec 08, 2009
Lupe stan here!

*hangs sign over head*
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by Genuflect(m): 1:52am On Dec 09, 2009
I love Lupé die!!!!!
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by Rhymstein(m): 4:48am On Dec 09, 2009
.@genuflect
Man,this guy is a lyrical genius,i had to read abt the cool(a track in food n liquor)b4 i could understand d concept of d song.bt his 3rd album its gonna be rock influenced.i listen to lil rock too.the soft ones
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by Genuflect(m): 7:00am On Dec 09, 2009
@Rhymestein I swear. That dumb down track, before I could understand it, omo I research die. Then that Put you on Game, Streets on Fire etc. That guy is a fucking genius
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by hax: 10:34pm On Dec 09, 2009
'Working like a, hmm, reverse archaeologist, Except, his buried treasure was sunshine'
Damn.

I miss old Lupe. Everything I've heard from him after The Cool has been decent at best. Even Enemy Of The State.

Dumb it down was mad.

'Need proof like a vestless chest'

I loved 'The Die' and 'Paris Tokyo'.

Lupe's fxcking ill. So is Gem. I was waiting on Gemstones to release an album. He even made a video for the lead single We On.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3YEmB7hJz0

hottest track of '08. Then he decided to become a gospel singer. Motherfxcker. angry
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by Genuflect(m): 12:47am On Dec 10, 2009
Gem is now gospel? What the hell?
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by HJ1(m): 9:05am On Dec 10, 2009
The game was lookin weak, the whole scene starve/ so i came with some muscle milk and protein bars

Clear the project runway cuz this where ma rocket lands, I'm high up in the sky like helicopter cams/

circle of influence gettin bigger like the ripples on the tops of ponds

These are the ones my head fit remember cuz that dude blew me away with the enemy of state mixtape, Food and Liquor, The Cool and this mixtape has proven that guy aint far from the G.O.A.T list. Damn wordplay is sick and idea are mindblowing.

Gemini (ma name sake, lol) is another ill dude, his features on the Cool and his track "we on " wiv lupe shows he's skills. Omo i no go lie, i had to listen to The Cool album like four times beforei could grasp it totally. Joints like hello goodbye, dumb it down, the cool, in short make i stop here, really got me thinkin.

@poster, if that link no work try this one cuz i really want u to geta feel of this mixtape http://www.4shared.com/file/160299026/e374f693/Lupe_Fiasco-_Enemy_Of_The_Stat.html?s=1

good lookin out
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by hax: 9:19am On Dec 10, 2009
'circle of influence gettin bigger like the ripples on the tops of ponds'
Thought that was weak. His punchlines at times were too corny. lol

I listened to Food and Liquor and wondered what happened to him. That album was ill. 'Hurt Me Soul', 'Kick Push', 'Daydreaming', 'I gotcha', 'Emperor's Soundtrack', 'Sunshine', damn.

The Cool did have 'The Coolest', 'The Die', 'Put You On Game', 'Dumb It Down' and 'Paris Tokyo', but the bad part was that it also had 'Go Go Gadget' and 'Hi Definition' and 'Go baby' etc. The best tracks on the Cool are as good as the best tracks on F&L. But F&L is more even. Just what I think.

'About half the size of the flags they wave
And camouflage suits made to fit youths
'Cause the ones off the dead soldiers hang a little loose
With AK-47's that they shootin' into heaven
Like they tryin' to kill the Jetsons'

ARGH. FXCK GEMSTONES!
I downloaded his 'Testimony Of Gemstones' mixtape ages ago. Thought he was gonna be the next big thing. But he. . . he. . . cry

Let's just hope he features on Lupe's next album.
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by HJ1(m): 10:01am On Dec 10, 2009
Nah i dont think dat was corny, i liked it. wel wuteva,

hax:

I listened to Food and Liquor and wondered what happened to him. That album was ill. 'Hurt Me Soul', 'Kick Push', 'Daydreaming', 'I gotcha', 'Emperor's Soundtrack', 'Sunshine',  damn.

The Cool did have 'The Coolest', 'The Die', 'Put You On Game', 'Dumb It Down' and 'Paris Tokyo', but the bad part was that it also had 'Go Go Gadget' and 'Hi Definition' and 'Go baby' etc. The best tracks on the Cool are as good as the best tracks on F&L. But F&L is more even. Just what I think.

hehehe, u call go baby and hi-definition the bad part, nah, i think i gotta disagree cuz go baby was s'pose to be a finishin outro package and he placed exactly where it meant to be on the album--at the end. Eeven snoop kinda impressed me on hi-definition but on the whole that joint was dope, ma opinion.  Go go gadget now dats noise making lol!, F&L gets ma vote wen compared wiv the Cool, the instrumental gat me think how he could think of an idea so good just from a television.  steady noddin to The cool, hurt me soul, he say she say, sunshine and of course kick &push, the list goes on and on. Didnt like i gotcha, too pharell like.

hax:

'About half the size of the flags they wave
And camouflage suits made to fit youths
'Cause the ones off the dead soldiers hang a little loose
With AK-47's that they shootin' into heaven
Like they tryin' to kill the Jetsons'

Dats wut u get wen u Bleep wiv Little weapons
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by Genuflect(m): 10:42am On Dec 10, 2009
Lupe is the truth! He's def in ma top 5. Plus he's a skateboard freak like me, that's actually what attracted me in the first place
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by Genuflect(m): 7:51pm On Dec 10, 2009
One of ma best songs on the mixtape: Popular Demand
Aw! Shout out to Push, Shout out
to Malice,
Fam-Lay!! Ed Lava, Re-Up, Nigga
We Up!! , G's up
Windin' down but,
It's Hirst verses and Murakami
rhyming/
All my raps is super flat, all your
raps is super wack/
Tell 'em that the future's back/
Delorean rollin' down the block,
you can call it shootin' craps/
And my roof is back, and my
wings is up/
?? without ??, so you aint gotta
pour the king a cup/
Young Yakuza, but none of my
fingers cut/
So I can still rip Red Zinger with
my pinkies up/
Made (Maid) man, you can call this
cleanin' up/
I'm OCD, I never think it's clean
enough/
That's what defines me, I never
think it's mean enough/
Lines deeper than those waitin'
on a sneaker cuz/
You gon' need 2 heads like the
King of Clubs just to figure out
the meanin' of/
I'm just achievin buzz, so stay
out of son (sun) way like your
drinkin' blood/
This is what it feels like to be in
love/

ENEMY!! Of The State!!
Haha, I mean C'mon

I mean look at what im droppin'
here/
Do this for the block and the
bloggersphere/
No, you aint ready for the heavy
so I'll keep it light as joggin'
gear/
I don't want the throne, I want
the helicopter rocking chair/
Jay gave me a co-sign like I was
RocaWear/
But be clear, I'm not the heir
(air)/
I'm the water, fire and the earth/
That means I'm doin' dirt, spittin'
flames and quenchin' thirst/
And plus the real God has been
on my side since birth/
I hope that he forgives me, I
hope I do his work in every
single verse/
Now I might do a dance, I might
even jerk/
Tell 'em niggas dont hate, only
God is great/
Enemy of the State/
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by Rhymstein(m): 8:26am On Dec 11, 2009
This guy wordplay no be ere oh.his flow super dupa
I love sunshine,d 1st line blew my mind,
I had a feelin dat they wld be a day lyk this/the orchestra in my mind dont play lyk this.
I never get tym download this mixtape,i go create tym download am,xxl gave it xl 4 lyrics.i love d cool.its lyk its not only me dat missed d touch the sky mixtape cos nobody is talkin abt it.anoda mixtape wld be comin up b4 d album drops nxt yr.got shinnin down,d video for solar midnyt is out.the album hope say i go find am 4 market.e tey b4 i find food n liquor n it got missin,i didnt find it to buy again
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by eldee(m): 3:58pm On Dec 11, 2009
I've the mixtape for a week or two now . . .it's not as good as his previous works.

I like the metaphorical sh!t he does, he uses two words to tell us what he's talking about . . . and then he goes metaphorical till the end.
Miss the first two lines and you never find out what he's talking about.

And his wordplay's on point too.

She kept going like etcetera - Angels Remix
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by Genuflect(m): 8:57pm On Dec 27, 2009
Anybody heard his new leaked single 'I'm Beaming'?
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by hax: 9:31pm On Dec 27, 2009
He didn't try on the song like that.

But that beat was crazy. Neptunes know how it is.
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by Genuflect(m): 9:52pm On Dec 27, 2009
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Maybe he was jus teasing. But he's freaking out that it leaked tho. To the point of bringing FBI and stuff
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by Genuflect(m): 9:52pm On Dec 27, 2009
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Maybe he was jus teasing. But he's freaking out that it leaked tho. To the point of bringing FBI and stuff
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by hax: 11:19pm On Dec 27, 2009
I doubt. You don't waste sexy original beats like this.

I've not been impressed with anything he's done after The Cool. He has this annoying new flow. Even Enemy of the state was kinda poor by his standards. Beaming is definitely his best track since The Cool though, imo.
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by Genuflect(m): 11:29pm On Dec 27, 2009
I actually like Enemy of the State not as much as The Cool. But I hope he delivers better on this Lasers album
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by Genuflect(m): 11:30pm On Dec 27, 2009
I actually like Enemy of the State not as much as The Cool tho. But I hope he delivers better on this Lasers album
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by hax: 12:34am On Dec 28, 2009
There aren't too many albums I like as much as The Cool. So sick. His flow on intruder alert was so sick. That last verse, damn. I wonder why he can't do something like that again.

He had better deliver, and his voice had better not sound like it did on Enemy Of the State. I liked it, but it wasn't up to his usual level.
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by A40(m): 2:22am On Dec 28, 2009
I am a certified Thelonious P fan i just don't know why he has not dropped any credible ish since The Cool if there's one thing i cant stand from a rapper its inconsistency. I loved Gold Watch , Superstar, Hi-definition, Hip hop saved ma life, Streets on fire, Intruder Alert, Paris Tokyo

The Cool came out in 07 and its almost 2010. Lupe had better come out and drop another hot album
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by gee2(m): 10:24am On Dec 28, 2009
go thru downloads.nl n type artiste name or song title or beta stil type both
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by jamez3d(m): 1:28pm On Dec 28, 2009
lupe fan here!! Havnt gat 2 c dat enemy of d state mixtape tho,  I startd lykin lupe cos of f&L,  Lykd the cool too,  Go go gadget flo? I really liked it 2,  'i gat where am @ like an a in a circle' That's crazy!!
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by Levelz: 5:09am On Dec 29, 2009
"Started from the bottom of the eye exam, then ZOOM , now im the biggest G off in the room"

Come on this guy is ridiculous,

Definitely sign me up, he won me over with tracks like He say she say, and The Cool, Food and Liquor is a straight up CLASSIC,
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by jamez3d(m): 7:39am On Dec 29, 2009
"take rap 2 when niggaz cant concieve, 2 d point where nigguz cant agree, on which song is best, and d argument is, if am better than me" lupe!!
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by bologzy(m): 7:40pm On Dec 29, 2009
I luv this guy, Listened to 'the coolest nigga' 'superstar' 'paris tokyo' 'kick push' 'hip hop save my life'. This guy is talented
Re: Are Lupe Fiasco Fan's In Nairaland by shotster50(m): 2:36am On Jan 01, 2010
Lupe is the truth. People saying he sold out are just salty, you need to fall back.

(1) (Reply)

Mazzy- Da Queen Of Dancehall / New Music;j Martins -Goodtym Ft Cabo Snoop + Kele Papa Ft Fally Ipupa / Ayanfe Remix Video [download]- Iceberg Slim Ft. M.I & Emma Nyra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.