Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,924 members, 7,886,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 11:21 AM

Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens (11950 Views)

Dollar Scarcity Stops Capital Repatriation By Investors / Dollar Sells For N420, Naira Crashes In Value / Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 17, 2017
Long live Buhari

I don hammer mehn
Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 17, 2017
ednut1:
be careful. no be under this man dem loot the fx reserves.
Na under did man $1 na N216 , dem loot yet we fit chop 3 times a day, dem loot yet things cheap for market .

5 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by Abelattah(m): 8:13am On Feb 17, 2017
we need prayer

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by Immacula8(m): 8:15am On Feb 17, 2017
vivaciousvivi:
By believing in the promises of the APC, I have committed a gross injustice to myself, my unborn generations and all other people of Nigeria who voted against them. We all don't deserve this sad

Their level of socio economic development, technology and manufacturing industry is incomparable to that of ours. They clearly don't rely heavily on foreign imports too like we do for even the most mudane needs

You seem to be contradicting yourself.

First paragraph, you nailed APC.
Second paragraph, you crucified Nigerians for depending on foreign imports.

I honestly believe that government should concentrate in building necessary infrastructures needed to stimulate the economy rather than trying to save the dying naira.

For the records; I do not support APC nor PDP nor UPN nor NPN

Accept my sincere apology if my response is out of line!

3 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by ivandragon: 8:19am On Feb 17, 2017
gbegemaster:
Exactly! In reality one cannot say he/she is saving money while a family member is in the hospital battling for their life and In need of money. Anybody who does that is just a heartless human being.

the rationale behind their savings is not premised on any sound economic plan.

its simply a political gimmick towards achievement propaganda to 'celebrate' 2 years in power in the short term & campaign for 2019 elections in the long run.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by israelmao(m): 8:20am On Feb 17, 2017
Foreign reserve is improving yet the dollar scarcity persists.They said wrong policies of the last administration led to this but the value of dollar then was far less than what we have now.More gambles and lies are being played on the economic indices now than ever before yet they celebrate failure everyday.
Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by israelmao(m): 8:22am On Feb 17, 2017
Foreign reserve is improving yet the dollar scarcity persists.They said wrong policies of the last administration led to this but the value of dollar then was far less than what we have now.More gambles and lies are being played on the economic indices now than ever before yet they celebrate failure everyday.Dollar could hit N600 the way it's going.
Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by assana: 8:23am On Feb 17, 2017
grin and the change is changing us grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by Yyeske(m): 8:24am On Feb 17, 2017
Don't get it, foreign reserve is rising, oil price is rising and our oil production is equally rising yet the naira is dropping so fast.

Something is fishy here

4 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by ephi123(f): 8:33am On Feb 17, 2017
ivandragon:
they keep beating their chest on how much they have saved in the foreign reserves while their 'house' is on fire.

if this regime doesn't want people getting fx because it wants us to 'patronise local' (quite ironic when PMB chooses to holiday abroad), then it should be pumping massive sums of money into the 'local' economy to stimulate it & open up investment options & not 'saving' so it can have something to brag about or score cheap political points...

Really very ironic. He's been lounging in London for what will be a month on Sunday Feb 19.
Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by KunmiHuston(m): 8:35am On Feb 17, 2017
1000 naira to a dollar loading
Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by emmasege: 8:40am On Feb 17, 2017
maximunimpact:
south korea is the 11th largest economy in the world and 4th in Asia, as at today 1145.04 South Korean Won is equal to 1$. why is their economy 5th in the wold with a currency weaker than the naira?
Good observation but do you know what the minimum wage is in those countries & the measures they put in place to stabilize further devaluation? In our own case, even if the minimum wage is increased tomorrow, I don't see an end to further devaluation until Buhari puts on his thinking cap and look for real people who can help him out.

Recently I was to apply for a position in Japan and I realised that their currency is far 'worse' than ours in relation to dollars, but when I converted the remuneration to dollars, it's more than ten times of what I currently earn in Nigeria for the same profession and position. And I think that goes to say that it's not the conversion factor of a local currency to dollar that's most important, but the minimum wage of workers and greatly reduced importation rate among the citizens. Don't let's forget that Japan & South Korea are producing nations.

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by gbegemaster(m): 8:40am On Feb 17, 2017
ivandragon:

the rationale behind their savings is not premised on any sound economic plan.

its simply a political gimmick towards achievement propaganda to 'celebrate' 2 years in power in the short term & campaign for 2019 elections in the long run.
Gbam!
Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by Akinman: 8:47am On Feb 17, 2017
Yet some people still dey parade #istandwithbuhari...dat is why itz not every death occurence one should pity

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by dallyemmy: 8:51am On Feb 17, 2017
Who are the people dictating the price of naira to a dollar?
What can we do to stop this downward trend?
What are the indices used by the forex speculators?
Can we manage the forex like petroleum products during scarcity?
Why is it that the exchange rate do not come down even when CBN supplies more?
Why is it not illegal to benchmark the naira arbitrarily without a universally accepted basis?
Is it not illegal to sell forex on our streets like in the case of petroleum products?
Is it possible for the CBN to allow a prorated forex available to citizenry based on the revenue generated?
is it possible to provide substitute/alternative of commodities we purchase with forex locally?
How can our government check the fear which seems to drive our currency downward?

Nigerians what can we do to salvage our beloved currency?

What do you think we should do?

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by no1madman(m): 8:55am On Feb 17, 2017
assana:
grin and the change is changing us grin
U not us. .take action! Kill d politicians
Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by no1madman(m): 8:55am On Feb 17, 2017
Abelattah:
we need prayer
U not we! Take action! Bomb d politicians
Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by no1madman(m): 8:57am On Feb 17, 2017
TsaTrinity:
Dada in heaven............see how dollar is just raping our naira steady
Its well oh
It's not well. .do sth. about it!
Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by EMIOMOADEOYE: 9:11am On Feb 17, 2017
In Nigeria the law of gravity is crap
Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by najighjighpaul: 9:17am On Feb 17, 2017
kai just imagine the way dollar the fly and every day they keep telling us it will be better........
Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 17, 2017
no1madman:

It's not well. .do sth. about it!
Any suggestions?
Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by poiZon: 9:41am On Feb 17, 2017
ednut1:
same scarce dollars some bastards hv in septic tanks, water tanks, bunkers inside safe houses etc. pple lik yakubu shud be lynched abeg
u no sabi road to kaduna, abi d road spoil?
Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:03am On Feb 17, 2017
Immacula8:

You seem to be contradicting yourself.

First paragraph, you nailed APC.
Second paragraph, you crucified Nigerians for depending on foreign imports.

I honestly believe that government should concentrate in building necessary infrastructures needed to stimulate the economy rather than trying to save the dying naira.

For the records; I do not support APC nor PDP nor UPN nor NPN

Accept my sincere apology if my response is out of line!

If you read my comments well you would notice that in one part I was responding to the topic while in the other part,i was directly responding to a question posed from someone else. There was no "crucifixion" I can read of in the 2nd comment either.
Cheers
Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by solidman59(m): 12:04pm On Feb 17, 2017
We are patiently waiting for when it will get to 1000naira per dollar
Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by egobetatoday: 12:45pm On Feb 17, 2017
ednut1:
be careful. no be under this man dem loot the fx reserves.

this only shows that the stealing going on NOW is unprecedented. MEGA stealing ...Check Abuja now.
Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 17, 2017
NIGERIA IS ON HER WAY INTO RIVER NIJA..... THE CITIZENS DON'T EVEN HAVE A CLUE WHATS COMING
Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by Babacele: 1:33pm On Feb 17, 2017
vivaciousvivi:
By believing in the promises of the APC, I have committed a gross injustice to myself, my unborn generations and all other people of Nigeria who voted against them. We all don't deserve this sad

Their level of socio economic development, technology and manufacturing industry is incomparable to that of ours. They clearly don't rely heavily on foreign imports too like we do for even the most mudane needs
and that is why PMB is encouraging local production and less import dependence. Despite APC failings at making the economy look the way we expected, this transition ,I'm cocky sure, is far far better than it would have been under the last administration that left us with no alternative than APC , and many of us would vote PMB again over GEJ even with the present realities.
For example the last minute dubious import waiver Gej gave rice importers destroyed any gain that would have accrued to rice farmers compared to rice farmer millionaires PMB has produced within 2 years. of course we need to review the present monetary policy and I think APC is slow though willing. my opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by ifdaeg(m): 3:49pm On Feb 17, 2017
Dollar no send naira again. Currency racing is real.

Re: Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens by soderican(m): 7:40pm On Feb 17, 2017
Choooiiiiiii

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Have Payoneer Funds For Sale? Hola Me / Teach me how to make profit with football bet.plz / Heineken Boosted By Main Beer Brands, Volume Grew Double-digit In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.