Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,274 members, 7,934,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 07:09 PM

2011 Presidential Elections :ribadu, Fashola Tipped As Running Mate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011 Presidential Elections :ribadu, Fashola Tipped As Running Mate (779 Views)

Buhari Cabinet: Fashola Tipped For Attorney General And Minister For Justice / Amaechi Tipped As DG Buhari Presidential Campaign Office As Party Zone VP To S/W / APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2011 Presidential Elections :ribadu, Fashola Tipped As Running Mate by nethacker(m): 11:08am On Dec 08, 2009
In a surprising move, which is sure to send jitters through the spine of the ruling party, former President and two time Presidential candidate of the ANPP Gen. Muhammadu Buhari has finalized plans to endorse the former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu to contest the upcoming Presidential elections in 2011.

The move, which is rumoured to have been hatched in the residence of the late human rights activist Gani Fawehinmi will see Buhari emerging as the Chairman BOT of the party with Asiwaju Bola Tinubu taking over as substantive party Chairman. Presenting the position of his organization, TBO, Gen Buhari said “this is indeed the time to set aside personal ambitions for the good of the entire country. I, and other eminent Nigerians will campaign through all nooks and cranny’s of the country side-by-side with Mallam Nuhu Ribadu and Babatunde Fashola to ensure we rescue Nigeria from its directionless state.”

Under the proposed administration, Professor Pat Utomi is expected to assume leadership of the Finance Ministry while the current special Adviser to the President on MDG’s, Amina Az-Zubair takes over the Ministry of National Planning. Reknowned nobel laureate Wole Soyinka and Justice Uwais are being considered for the position of INEC Chair. Prominent northern Statesman and former Governor of Kaduna State Mallam Balarabe Musa has described the arrangement as “a masterstroke” and has called on all patriotic elements to unite under the movement for the upliftment of Nigeria. "Nigerians at home and abroad should participate and fund this electoral revolution and let us put our country on a radically different path of progress and development" he added.

Feelers from the candidate, Nuhu Ribadu indicate that if elected, the administration would focus solely on the war against corruption. Buttressing this view, Arc Odu Ahaneku, the party’s youth leader in Imo State said “you don’t redesign your building plans when your workers are stealing the money! You redesign the system that ensures every worker gets his budget and does what he’s supposed to do. Accordingly if elected, we intend to make sure the system is redesigned to correct anomalies in our incentive structure to accelerate service delivery and development.”

Former Senate President Ken Nnamani and Gen. TY Danjuma are also rumoured to play a significant role in the coming months.
My Pple,pls How true is this gist?
http://www.9jabook.com/profiles/blog/show?id=2109467%3ABlogPost%3A1083418&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_post

Re: 2011 Presidential Elections :ribadu, Fashola Tipped As Running Mate by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 08, 2009
name dropping is no substitute to political strategy
Re: 2011 Presidential Elections :ribadu, Fashola Tipped As Running Mate by Ibime(m): 11:28am On Dec 08, 2009
Assuming this gist is plausible, if Buhari is serious, he should put Fashola at the top of the ticket with Ribadu as his running mate, and not the other way around. Fash has more executive experience than Ribadu.
Re: 2011 Presidential Elections :ribadu, Fashola Tipped As Running Mate by 9ja4eva: 11:36am On Dec 08, 2009
Good choice.

I will definitely vote for them.
Re: 2011 Presidential Elections :ribadu, Fashola Tipped As Running Mate by Beaf: 11:36am On Dec 08, 2009
I have always sworn that I will vote for Ribadu if he ever ran for president.
With the drug trade tainted Tinubu forming a part of the ticket, it will be a no no. Tinubu being party boss just ridicules to pieces, any anti-corruption fulcrum Ribadu might want to hinge on.
Re: 2011 Presidential Elections :ribadu, Fashola Tipped As Running Mate by darkey(m): 11:37am On Dec 08, 2009
If it is true, then we should be looking forward to an interesting time come 2011 but like Ibime said, Fashola should be on top
Re: 2011 Presidential Elections :ribadu, Fashola Tipped As Running Mate by SamMilla1(m): 11:41am On Dec 08, 2009
Yoruba people are seriously considering running for presidency again,
what about the south east?
are we truly one Nigeria really ?
Re: 2011 Presidential Elections :ribadu, Fashola Tipped As Running Mate by jaybee3(m): 11:41am On Dec 08, 2009
Beaf:

I have always sworn that I will vote for Ribadu if he ever ran for president.
With the drug trade tainted Tinubu forming a part of the ticket, it will be a no no. Tinubu being party boss just ridicules to pieces, any anti-corruption fulcrum Ribadu might want to hinge on.
So what do you have to say about the current administration in lagos state if your reason of not wanting to is anything to by?

Ibime:

Assuming this gist is plausible, if Buhari is serious, he should put Fashola at the top of the ticket with Ribadu as his running mate, and not the other way around. Fash has more executive experience than Ribadu.
Isn't the order set that way cos of the rotational jargon?
Re: 2011 Presidential Elections :ribadu, Fashola Tipped As Running Mate by nduchucks: 12:04pm On Dec 08, 2009
darkey:

If it is true, then we should be looking forward to an interesting time come 2011 but like Ibime said, Fashola should be on top

fashola no fit dey on top of de ticket for 2011 because all political parties agree say na south go rule for 8 years, followed by north for another 8. de ribadu/fashola ticket meet de requirements of de agreement. maybe dis ticket go deal a death blow to pdp as far as presidency dey concerned.

@beaf, i understand ya feeling about tinubu but i no tink say ribadu fit become puppet to tinubu. i like de ticket.
Re: 2011 Presidential Elections :ribadu, Fashola Tipped As Running Mate by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 08, 2009
Provided fashola will be the president.
Re: 2011 Presidential Elections :ribadu, Fashola Tipped As Running Mate by citizenY(m): 12:42pm On Dec 08, 2009
I cannot believe this . If it is true?

Fellow Nairalanders, I want to take my siesta.
My alarm clock is set for 2011.

May it please Almighty Allah to take us there.

AMIN
Re: 2011 Presidential Elections :ribadu, Fashola Tipped As Running Mate by paddylo1(m): 1:53pm On Dec 08, 2009
hmmmmmn. . . .i like fashola as vice. . .

dont know too much about ribadu. .

however,the igbos and nigerdeltans,should have powerful positions like one or 2 of the below,

defense minister,finance minister,fct minister,or foriegn affairs minister

to balance out the equation

long live nigeria. . .target $900bln economy by 2020. . .

it can be done
Re: 2011 Presidential Elections :ribadu, Fashola Tipped As Running Mate by sjeezy8: 2:27pm On Dec 08, 2009
PDP wont be in existence after yaraduas term. OBJ doesnt have full control over the CURRENT pdp, everyone in pdp north knows that they will decamp after their "rotation" is over or 2011. They "see" how risky this rotational process is. Its not worth it when they can win again and not in the next 40-60 years. Obj, Tinubu, buhari, ribadu, Atiku and co may not see eye to eye on everything but they all dont want the current administration.

the ticket sounds good fashola as vp is VERY realistic, more than president.

sounds like deja vu hmmmmm yea it does ive been saying from thread to thread.
Re: 2011 Presidential Elections :ribadu, Fashola Tipped As Running Mate by faoni572(m): 2:36pm On Dec 08, 2009
I would have preferred the other way round because Fashola as VP won't be able to perform very well.
Re: 2011 Presidential Elections :ribadu, Fashola Tipped As Running Mate by desgiezd(m): 3:04pm On Dec 08, 2009
For once, the oldies that have not done this country any good will be swept aside.

My vote is guaranteed.
Re: 2011 Presidential Elections :ribadu, Fashola Tipped As Running Mate by Beaf: 3:11pm On Dec 08, 2009
ndu_chucks:

fashola no fit dey on top of de ticket for 2011 because all political parties agree say na south go rule for 8 years, followed by north for another 8. de ribadu/fashola ticket meet de requirements of de agreement. maybe dis ticket go deal a death blow to pdp as far as presidency dey concerned.

@beaf, i understand ya feeling about tinubu but i no tink say ribadu fit become puppet to tinubu. i like de ticket.

Saraki never seems to be too far away from Tinubu. I wouldn't discount undue influence.
Re: 2011 Presidential Elections :ribadu, Fashola Tipped As Running Mate by Abagworo(m): 5:42pm On Dec 08, 2009
whatever plans that were hatched doesnt concern me but the issue is 2015.fashola et al can do their wonders for only 4 years after which an igbo or ijaw will ascend to the presidency of this country.other non-igbo or non-ijaws in the south-south are allowed but southwest or north will implode nigeria.(just my prediction)

(1) (Reply)

6000 Megawatts 20 Days To Go: / The Nigerian Spirit Is F*cking Beautiful! / My resignation from the PDP....Donald Duke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.