Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,887 members, 7,909,341 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 11:18 PM

Don't Have Sex If You Want To Live Long - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Don't Have Sex If You Want To Live Long (651 Views)

Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart / Mad Man And Woman Trying To Have Sex In Abia Caught. Photos / American Lady Always Sexually Aroused: I Cry & Beg Him To Have Sex With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Have Sex If You Want To Live Long by zpakln(f): 1:13pm On Feb 20, 2017
If you want to live longer, then don’t have sex.
People who want to live longer should avoid having sex, according to Sheffield University experts, explaining why nuns tend to live to old age.

Scientists at the University of Sheffield say refraining from having sex will help you live longer than all of your peers.

And experts believe it could explain why nuns – who stay away from the act completely – tend to live longer.

Researchers discovered that mealworm beetles live for longer if they avoid mating, while those who tried to produce offspring each day passed away at a much younger age.

Mating was found to release a hormone in the insects needed to produce sperm in a male or eggs in a female.

But this was also found to have a negative effect on their immune system, the researchers found.

This makes them vulnerable to potentially deadly infections as their body’s natural ability to fight rogue bacteria is compromised.

Despite the mechanism not being the same in humans, study author Dr Michael Siva-Jothey believes the principle can be applied.
He said: ‘Nuns tend to have a longer lifespan than women with children and most people know of someone with a maiden aunt who seems to live forever.

‘The question is, why? The beetles which mate die sooner than the beetles which don’t mate.’

Humans also have weaker immune systems during sex, which explains how STIs can be easily spread, he added.

Nuns, priests, vicars and monks are known to live longer than others – but not for their religious protection.

It is believed their low rates of high blood pressure – which increases the risk of heart disease and stroke – are responsible.

This comes after research last week revealed that people who eat hot chilli peppers were 13 per cent less likely to die early.

Vermont University scientists found that capsaicin – responsible for the fiery kick – seemed to ward off heart conditions and stroke.

While in August, experts from Massachussetts General Hospital found going vegan could add years to someone’s life.

Eating less protein from animal sources and instead swapping it for cereals, beans and soya substantially reduced death rates, they discovered.

Mortality from heart disease fell 12 per cent, and deaths from all causes were reduced by 10 per cent.

http://www.ngcube.com/want-to-live-long-then-dont-have-sx-new-research-read-more/
Re: Don't Have Sex If You Want To Live Long by GiftedJosh: 1:15pm On Feb 20, 2017
What are these ones saying angry angry
Re: Don't Have Sex If You Want To Live Long by Kingstel(m): 1:15pm On Feb 20, 2017
sad
Re: Don't Have Sex If You Want To Live Long by akinreals: 1:20pm On Feb 20, 2017
Dont worry u hear. I dont want to live long. Naija don tire me sef.

1 Like

Re: Don't Have Sex If You Want To Live Long by Epositive(m): 1:20pm On Feb 20, 2017
cc: maheeda afrocandy and the rest
#positivevibes
Re: Don't Have Sex If You Want To Live Long by yomi007k(m): 1:44pm On Feb 20, 2017
akinreals:
Dont worry u hear. I dont want to live long. Naija don tire me sef.

grin grin grin

Chineke meiii...lolz
Re: Don't Have Sex If You Want To Live Long by absoluteSuccess: 2:45pm On Feb 20, 2017
And don't talk about sex if you want to live forever.
Re: Don't Have Sex If You Want To Live Long by boladale(f): 6:30am On Feb 23, 2017
Guaranteed it helps you to live long but how do you sustain procreation. When you eventually die the human race ends with you. I'll choose sex over this longevity!

(1) (Reply)

CLA Safflower Oil - Does It Work Or Scam? / Doctors At UBTH Prepares For Total Strike As Ultimatum Expires Today / 2-year-old Indian Girl Suffers From Rare Skin Condition Causing Her To Develop R

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.