Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,882 members, 7,872,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:36 AM

SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua (3734 Views)

Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance / Northern Governors Declare War On Boko Haram / South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by AloyEmeka6: 3:42am On Dec 10, 2009
becomrich,:

How old are you. Did you ever heard of Operation wetin.
LWKMD grin grin grin grin

What did the Yorubas do.

Look i can tell you this. If anybody claim Yar adua won yorubaland. Yoruba people would burn down everything that person own.

This is the danger that Nigeria face in 2011.

OK

Read Yoruba history evverytime things like this happen. What you saw in Ijebu Ife is small play what Yoruba people would do, they are feed up [/b]with people selling them for money.
fed up wink wink

Can you see this man holding his legs. In short I think people should be honest with themself. Yar Adua is not popular among Yorubas, and Yorubas do not want Yar Adua to return. Not only the Yorubas, but the whole of the south , do Not want to see Yar Adua back into power. 
It may be hard for some people to hear the truth, but the truth most be spoken. I do not hate Yar Adua, [b]I think the Only solution for Yar Adua is to remove the Yorubas, edo, delta and Bayelsa into Benin republic.
How many times will you say this?. Why should Yaradua remove you and reduce his kingdom by half?. You need to remove yourself.

Honestly Yar Adua is not popular among Nigeria, most people believe that Yar Adua should go and tell care of his health. Like I said I person have nothing against yar adua. But Nigerian have to determine who rules them and not leaders determine they most rule by force.
For me as a christain. I say may prayer for Yar adua. It is a hard thing to make people like yar adua.
Are you a rastafarian because they are the only ones that say 'I and I'.

No Yorubaman in the PDP can turn around Yar Adua forture in the PDP, not even Obasanjo or anybody. It is hard. even with his health, it makes it more difficult to support him. I think Yar adua should do what is best for the his health.  I do not want to tell Yar adua lie and fool him. Remove the Yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa into benin republic. The PDP governors are just trying to be loyal to thier party, NOthing more than that.  AD suffer loss in 2003. Dont be shock if PDP do the same. If PDP rig it anywhere in the south for Yar adua. I see the break up of Nigeria. Yar Adua have not done anything for the Yoruba people for Yorubas to vote for him.  Let Yar Adua go an award a expressway road from Okitipupa  to akure to ado to kabba to lokoja, let yar adua go and award Ilorin to lokoja expressway.

What did Obasanjo do for Yorubas? He couldn't even fix the lagos-Ibadan expressway that is a death trap for many Nigerians.

Yar Adua only award contract in the north and promote northerner, and destroy southern banks and he want the same people do vote for him.

can you show us satellite pictures to have an idea of the yoruba electorate?
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by becomrich15: 7:38am On Dec 10, 2009
IS not that Yorubas are tribalist, no. But they hate people who do not do anything for them making claim they won Yorubaland. What they normally do , is burn thier their houses and wet them with petrol and burn them alive.

So I think the PDP would be working a fine line to make claim that would never happen.

They would burn down and kill all of them. This is what our history says. Everytime there is any election.

It happen in all election in Yorubaland when they make false claim for a northerner.

The main problem with yar adua is bad advice. And yar adua instead of getting smart people aboard to help him out. He is sturborn. He carry people without ideas.

I dont see yar adua winning any state south of the river niger and benue expect only by rigging election.

What they did in the banking sector. Most people know thier motive. it was too clear to nigerian. And they too would make yar adua and the PDP pay. even I dont see Jonathan saving them too.
Look with the igbos, Northerner are NO GO AREA.

Igbos and northerner is like joining fire and petrol in a marriage.
The Yorubas have been the one who tend to pity the northerners. But after June 12 and now the banking sector thing and all the military promotion Yar adua did. The yorubas too have lost confident in the north.

South south is no go area. They dont care if Jonathan is from thier place. They are even mean. because they see how abuja is and nothing for them in suffering and you can see how they bomb Jonathan house. According to Jonathan , he claim he knows does who did it. People says, it was the people from his home town to show him why he was joining the north to make them suffer.

THe north and south are different and Two countries before Britain join them together.

There is nothing wrong in praying for Yar Adua. I think people should pray for thier friend and even enermy. So I see nothing wrong in praying for him. You would see violent if they do not break up the nation. 2011 is the turning point.
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by C2H5OH(f): 7:43am On Dec 10, 2009
People on that side eat scantily so I doubt that they would have a difficult time fulfilling SW Governors' wish. lol
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by becomrich15: 7:52am On Dec 10, 2009
C2H5OH  not on till someone put a gun on your informant head  or wet them like yoruba people do.

Your informant too is playing with fire. Do you know what yoruba people can do to informant.?
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by C2H5OH(f): 7:58am On Dec 10, 2009
becomrich, who is the informant you speak of? what is our business with the informant and what is his or her relation to the thread?
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by otukpo(f): 12:21pm On Dec 10, 2009
they are all hypocrites.

As if they really wish him (YD) well.
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 10, 2009
I'm 24, I'd rather chase meaninglessly at red neck lizards
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by mrperfect(m): 12:31pm On Dec 10, 2009
I belief praying for the president is a welcome development.
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 10, 2009
The Sly:

Can you prove this with a map?

LWKMD!
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by WillyWily: 12:47pm On Dec 10, 2009
Look at Yorubas  declaring 3 days of Fasting for Yar Adua,
People of Two Faces, Yoruba Tricksters at work.
Their 3 days of Fasting means, 3 days of praying that Yar Adua die or resign.
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by lee007(m): 12:47pm On Dec 10, 2009
This is ridiculous, as an Ekiti man i feel soo insulted and ashamed that the so called Traditional rulers who don't remove thier earthly crowns before the King of Kings can now begin to advocate for Fasting and Prayer for Yaradunce!

Can't we all smell a rat here, the so called Ewi of Ado did not declare prayer when Ekiti was been raped Politically, where was he when innocent lives were taken by his sponsors?

This group of people are telling us to pray so thier thier so called political intrests will be secure, believe me i have better things to pray and fast for.

Please they should tell thier children who obviously have benefited from Turai's hospitality go on huger strike for me and the good people of Ekiti, we will continue to eat Pounded yam and Ishapa Soup non-Stop! grin
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by bebe4u(f): 1:06pm On Dec 10, 2009
According to a three-point communiqué read by the Ekiti State governor, Mr. Segun Oni, the gathering also set up a committee of three traditional rulers, with the Olowo of Owo, Oba Victor Olateru-Olagbegi, the Ewi of Ado-Ekiti, Oba Rufus Adejugbe; and the Owaloko of Iloko-Ijesa, Oba Oladele Olasore, as members. The committee was mandated to consult with all traditional rulers in Yorubaland on the need for every member of the race to work towards the unity of Yorubaland.

The meeting canvassed for a situation where the region would speak without divergent view on major national issues.

A committee of governors, led by Governor Olagunsoye Oyinlola of Osun State, was also set up and mandated to hold further consultations with different groups within the political class with a opinion to resolving identified differences.

Speaking on the resolutions of the meeting, Governor Oni said, “the meeting stated emphatically that the entire Yorubaland should support the president, Alhaji Umaru Yar’Adua, with prayers.

This sounds like a coup d'tat to me
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by WillyWily: 1:17pm On Dec 10, 2009
Any Yoruba that tells you he/she wished Yar Adua well is a Complete Liar.
What their Elders are doing now is just Typical Yoruba Chameleon way of life
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by bebe4u(f): 1:21pm On Dec 10, 2009
what then will the gathering of south south governors, traditional rulers, egbesu, ijaw council , and entire the south south people be praying for

and

AREWA forum and the entire north be praying for ??

I need to be out of the country when all the prayers will be going on because there will be some major catastrophe if God decides to answer all their prayers in their secret places.

grin grin grin
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by noblegas2(m): 1:24pm On Dec 10, 2009
Fast for sum1 wu culdnt even achieve 1 of his 7 point agenda? Nope, dont think so!!! infact i`mma eat lyk a Glutton for the next three days, grin grin grin
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by redsun(m): 1:35pm On Dec 10, 2009
Fasting my black ass.Prayer and fasting by idiots is like a case of a farmer that sows sparingly and expects a bounty harvest.

Yaradua is dying,he should get off the hopeless seat and let his illness be his and loved ones problems not nigerians
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by Kx: 1:39pm On Dec 10, 2009
Lets face the real issues pleaseeeeee.

Now,they want everybody to fast and pray and stand by and support
a sick president,what on earth is the wife who is supposed to stand by
her husband in thick and thin,in sickness and in health,till death do them part
coming to Nigeria to do?

Why dont she stay by him and support him  for God's sake?

Am I missing something here?
Is the health of the president not supposed to overide whatever she is coming home to do?
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by AloyEmeka6: 2:27pm On Dec 10, 2009
becomrich,:

IS not that Yorubas are tribalist, no. But they hate people who do not do anything for them making claim they won Yorubaland. What they normally do , is burn thier their houses and wet them with petrol and burn them alive.

So I think They would burn down and kill all of them. This is what our history says. Everytime there is any election.the PDP would be working a fine line to make claim that would never happen.

It happen in all election in Yorubaland when they make false claim for a northerner.

Who will burn who?

What they did in the banking sector. Most people know thier motive. it was too clear to nigerian. And they too would make yar adua and the PDP pay. even I dont see Jonathan saving them too.
Look with the igbos, Northerner are NO GO AREA.   

Igbos and northerner is like joining fire and petrol in a marriage.
The Yorubas have been the one who tend to pity the northerners. But after June 12 and now the banking sector thing and all the military promotion Yar adua did. [b]The yorubas too have lost confident in the north.
[/b]

Are you sure?. Arisekola Alao is still kiss the North's behind.
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by quadrillio(m): 2:33pm On Dec 10, 2009
no be Yara die (die quickly) be him name

abeg, I no fit get ulcer because one SLOW-DO-AM

if e go die make he die make better people ENTER D PLACE.

-SAFE
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by 4tune1(m): 2:33pm On Dec 10, 2009
May be Turai is coming back home to clear ground b4 whatever anouncement. She sure knows what we don't know.
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by oderemo(m): 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2009
May be Turai is coming back home to clear ground b4 whatever anouncement. She sure knows what we don't know.

she is back to hide the loot. chikenna.
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by 4tune1(m): 3:18pm On Dec 10, 2009
Coming back to hide d loot and Insha Allah that LOOT will HOOK her neck
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by jaso1(m): 3:21pm On Dec 10, 2009
Let him resign we would pray for him. I think those that can't hold bull by the hurn doing him nothing but to endager the man and entire nation, relieved him of this hot seat is the best prayer to be proposed if they truely love the man.
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by AloyEmeka6: 3:26pm On Dec 10, 2009
Fasting starts today. No Yoruba person is allowed to EAT anything today otherwise lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by AloyEmeka6: 3:30pm On Dec 10, 2009
lee007:

This is ridiculous, as an Ekiti man i feel soo insulted and ashamed that the so called Traditional rulers who don't remove thier earthly crowns before the King of Kings can now begin to advocate for Fasting and Prayer for Yaradunce!

Can't we all smell a rat here, the so called Ewi of Ado did not declare prayer when Ekiti was been despoiled Politically, where was he when innocent lives were taken by his sponsors?

This group of people are telling us to pray so thier thier so called political intrests will be secure, believe me i have better things to pray and fast for.

Please they should tell thier children who obviously have benefited from Turai's hospitality go on huger strike for me and the good people of Ekiti, we will continue to eat Pounded yam and Ishapa Soup non-Stop! grin

Shouldn't charity begin at home?. Let his Northern brothers fast and pray for him first before Southerners. Will they allow a Yoruba man to lead the show if it was a contract.
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 10, 2009
Let them all go to Saudi and perish with Yars. Amen!
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by Bongoman1: 3:32pm On Dec 10, 2009
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by Jaybee2412(m): 3:39pm On Dec 10, 2009
Can anyone predict the outcome of all this saga? Where do you think all will end? A challenge for Nairaland political pundits.
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by kuramo: 4:08pm On Dec 10, 2009
This unhealthy and farcical relationship between Nigerians and praying, every self important person ( SIP ) in Nigeria has to invoke God's name in every sentence they blab out.

It seems nobody in any position of authority can say anything or discuss any issue without saying ''  By the grace of God '' even when making plans to loot government ( i mean people's ) funds or rig elections .

I find it extremely hypocritical for people to constantly bring God into their corrupt matters.

These Governors are only fooling themselves if they think ordinary Nigerians will fast because Yar' Adua is at the point of death in Saudi Arabia. Whilst one would not wish ill to befall others , I feel it is pathetic and insulting to ask us as Nigerians to pray for a President who has the benefit of the best medical care money can buy at our expense.
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by FKseun(m): 4:17pm On Dec 10, 2009
This country is so unfortunate to be 'blessed' elders/leaders who would sell their mothers for a plate of porridge! Nobody is wishing Yar Adua dead! But we can not allow the affairs of the nation to be left in the hands of those that would capitalise on the ill health of the president to rape the nation dead!
All these sycophants do is to pledge allegiance since the President went(?) to Saudi Arabia.
The fuel scarcity is biting harder each day.
Who is in control of the nation?
Who gives directives to the ministers to do what is expected?
The Lagos/Benin road is still a death trap. Passengers are always stranded there. Some even pass the night on the road because upturned trailers and tankers. When shall we see the truth in this country and say so?
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by FKseun(m): 4:22pm On Dec 10, 2009
Out of all the traditional leaders we have which does not benefit from government contracts? Some abandon the contracts they are given and nothing happens! i do not have any respect for more than 95% of them. We still remember the roles they played during the Abacha days. They are busy amassing wealth that some of them will only spend in ill health!
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by FKseun(m): 4:23pm On Dec 10, 2009
Out of all the traditional leaders we have which does not benefit from government contracts? Some abandon the contracts they are given and nothing happens!  i do not have any respect for more than 95% of them.  We still remember the roles they played during the Abacha days.  They are busy amassing wealth that some of them will only spend in ill health!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Buhari A Hausa Or Fulani Man? / I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia / Fayose "Oshoko" Returns To Ekiti State House....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.