Stats: 3,169,766 members, 7,875,923 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:17 AM

SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua (3735 Views)

Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance / Northern Governors Declare War On Boko Haram / South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu (2) (3) (4)

Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by Carlosein(m): 5:04pm On Dec 10, 2009
Let those who prayed for him to be president continue to pray.
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by osasp(m): 6:43pm On Dec 10, 2009
heavens helps those who help themselves, this isnt what the country needs
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by oildaemon: 6:49pm On Dec 10, 2009
I just feel sorry for the president, I can imagine the pain and agony he is going through, I lost my junior sister from kidney problem,it is sometime you will not wish for your enemy.
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by ChapelleS: 7:01pm On Dec 10, 2009
why no advice Yar'adua to resign.You want to lose him to kidney and heart related problems.The guy is in coma in saudi.
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by madamL(f): 7:04pm On Dec 10, 2009
Thank goodness they asked only Yoruba sons and daugthers to fast, I live in the south west but will not fast even if it had been made compulsory for all SW residents.

I think the man needs to step aside and rest properly, if they keep on playing politics with his health our prayers will be of no use.
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by bawomolo(m): 7:28pm On Dec 10, 2009
reads thread while munching on bacon
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by proproman(m): 8:13pm On Dec 10, 2009
Becomrich, my man! I thought you had gone AWOL from Nairaland. What's the latest on the Yoruba exodus and what are the statistics proving the likelihood of the move's success? (and I need maps)

Anyways, I don't want Yar'Adua to die on Nigerians. Dat wan na big wahala. Northerners supporting a Northern successor vs Southsoutherners (wonder if Beaf will support em) canvassing for Jonathan. It could be nasty.
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by phuckNL: 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2009
Why should we fast and suffer for anyone.
When his wife and children were/are chopping money did they share it with everyone.
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by AloyEmeka6: 8:54pm On Dec 10, 2009
phuck_NL:

Why should we fast and suffer for anyone.
When his wife and children were/are chopping money did they share it with everyone.

Na Turai and her children say make you no get money?
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by desktop: 9:23pm On Dec 10, 2009
Fast?
For Yaradua?
If the hes really interested in getting better himself let him leave Nigeria alone let someone else run things.
Person wey no well wey no wan rest, the inevitable will only take place cos me i dont see how the country has now become his birth right.
In fact the way i will eat this next couple of days go block most of una fasting!
walahi! grin
You people better look for something more productive to do.
sebi those street hawkers still sell ludo along allen?because light never still dey, u might need it.
Fast ko, speed ni!

Insted if una no wan eat, lets fast for nepa, all the december kilo-wa-tt story time don reach we no see anything o!
if even we know the agreement be sey dem go reach am but nothing about maintaining it!

Make i go find better post wey go pay me!
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by osasp(m): 9:39pm On Dec 10, 2009
desktop:

Fast?
For Yaradua?
If the hes really interested in getting better himself let him leave Nigeria alone let someone else run things.
Person wey no well wey no wan rest, the inevitable will only take place cos me i dont see how the country has now become his birth right.
In fact the way i will eat this next couple of days go block most of una fasting!
walahi! grin
sebi those street hawkers still sell ludo along allen?because light never still dey, u might need it.
Fast ko, speed ni!

Insted if una no wan eat, lets fast for nepa, all the december kilo-wa-tt story time don reach we no see anything o!
if even we know the agreement be sey dem go reach am but nothing about maintaining it!

lmao
u kill am
i dey feel u
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by afruakan: 10:32pm On Dec 10, 2009
i hope he dies
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by SapeleGuy: 10:43pm On Dec 10, 2009
Nah swear dem dey swear abi nah prayer. Since dem start dis their dry fasting nah so de man condition dey worst  de more.
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by Bongoman1: 10:56pm On Dec 10, 2009
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by vislabraye(m): 12:09am On Dec 11, 2009
What is governor Oni blabbing about? What has Oyo empire and all that thrash got to do with whether yar adua gets well or not.

I agree with a poster who said these people are just chameleons, they are ready to pitch their tents where it favors them. Non sense. Why should

everything be tribalistic? Why can't they appeal to the whole Nigerians to pray for the president?

I wish for the president gets well, and it would even be better for him to retire on health ground.
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by AloyEmeka6: 12:12am On Dec 11, 2009
desktop:

Fast?
For Yaradua?
walahi! grin
Fast ko, speed ni!

I wonder o. Heaven helps those who help themselves.
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by folly24: 1:35am On Dec 11, 2009
they,re not telling the true, i,m sure it,s opposite
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by sjeezy8: 1:53am On Dec 11, 2009
You know whats SO annoying is these odes asking all yoruba people to fast and pray.
I must admit this mentioning of tribes is getting on my nerves esp from these people.
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by Fhemmmy: 1:54am On Dec 11, 2009
seems like y'all aint fasting oh, else, the dude wont be losing his voice
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by SweetT1: 2:02am On Dec 11, 2009
Yar'adua is in coma, banks and other firms are sacking their employees by the thousand, Kidnappers everywhere, roads are undrivable, armed robbers everywhere killing police officers, 419 everywhere etc etc. And you're telling me Nigeria is better than Rwanda?
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by Fhemmmy: 2:31am On Dec 11, 2009
Sweet T:

Yar'adua is in coma, banks and other firms are sacking their employees by the thousand, Kidnappers everywhere, roads are undrivable, armed robbers everywhere killing police officers, 419 everywhere etc etc. And you're telling me Nigeria is better than Rwanda?

Yes, Nigeria is better than Rwanda, at least for now, till Yaradua kick the bucket and the yoruba uses their incantations to fight the ibo made guns, while the hausa uses their daggers
We need to be ready for the show down and at that time, we will know if we are better the rwanda or not.
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by cvibe: 10:59am On Dec 11, 2009
Things fall apart when the centre can not hold.
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by quadrillio(m): 11:05am On Dec 11, 2009
After 17 days in a hospital in Saudi Arabia, President Umar Yar’Adua has reportedly lost his voice and his condition dreadful.

Sources close to President Yar’Adua this morning confirmed to P.M.NEWS that the ailing President has lost his voice and that doctors are battling to rectify this.

According to sources, the President’s lungs were infected and doctors had to operate on them.

P.M.NEWS also gathered that doctors handling Yar’Adua have put off his return to Nigeria indefinitely after they discovered that his kidneys and pancreatic functions had diminished considerably.

A report published by Saharareporters revealed that the functioning of Yar’Adua’s kidneys has been the lowest since he was diagnosed with Churg Strauss disease in 2007 by a medical team in Germany.

Based on the report, Yar’Adua now faces the certain prospect of prolonged hospitalization.

The grim turn in Yar’Adua’s condition was also reflected in the statement issued by the Federal Executive Council yesterday after its weekly meeting that it is only the doctors that can determine when he will come back.

One of the ministers told Saharareporters that: “Everybody is engaged in a guessing game. We’re in the dark about how Mr. President is doing.”

Minister of Information, Dora Akunyili, who briefed journalists after yesterday’s meeting said only doctors treating President Yar’Adua can determine for sure if and when he would be able to return to Abuja.

President Yar’Adua’s current state of health, as scooped by P.M.News, is in contrast to claims yesterday by Akunyili that the president’s condition was improving.

“I can confirm to you that Mr. President is still in the Saudi Hospital, and he is responding to treatment,” declared the information minister, while responding to enquiries by journalists at the end of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting, yesterday in Abuja.

There are also reports that the President may be moved to the US for further treatment.

His possible movement to US was given credence by the arrival of the President’s son-in-law, Isa Yuguda, Governor of Bauchi State in New York Tuesday.

P.M.NEWS gathered that Yuguda, who is married to Nafisat, President Yar’Adua’s daughter, is believed to be in US to prepare the ground for the arrival of the President.

There have been several calls by prominent Nigerians on President Yar’Adua to resign and take care of his health but he has not taken to this advice.

There are also those who are also calling on the vice president to take over the administration of the country in the light of the president’s illness. But lawyers argued that the vice president cannot act for the President because the President did not inform the National Assembly that he was going to Saudi Arabia for medical treatment.

PM News.

HUMMMMMMMMM
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by sambebe: 11:53am On Dec 11, 2009
the man is sick but at the same time refusing to leave a seat that has cost him his health, is it a plain quest for power or the numerous politicians around him that are scared of losing their juicy contracts if he leaves the seat of power, or is it his wife who cant lose the title of the first lady,
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by blaknight(m): 7:01pm On Dec 11, 2009
they are asking us to pray for him ? The question is--------what has he done for us lately ? or even at all ? as someone rightly said "they are the ones feasting,let them fast for themselves". they put some nigerians in positions,where they dont even have enough to eat ! They now have the audacity to ask starving people to keep the fast ! God will be their judge.
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by slimes(m): 9:09pm On Dec 11, 2009
We already have nothing to eat. Examine this present day Nigeria and you'll see suffering in disguise.
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by stede(m): 4:33pm On Dec 14, 2009
blaknight:

they are asking us to pray for him ? The question is--------what has he done for us lately ? or even at all ? as someone rightly said "they are the ones feasting,let them fast for themselves". they put some nigerians in positions,where they dont even have enough to eat ! They now have the audacity to ask starving people to keep the fast ! God will be their judge.
cheesy angry sad cool
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 14, 2009
this Olufon- wasnt he the one said to have Fulani ancestry?

has it been established that he's Yoruba abi na his enemies dey spread story.
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by abey2(m): 5:32pm On Dec 14, 2009
[center]
lipsrsealed undecided, Are this people real? I guess they dont mean a inch of all this prayer hullabaloo, To control both our political and religious destiny wud be too much for this Scumbags, I'm not surprised about Yar'ADua athough, it is premeditated, we knew of his illness all along and still decided to 'elect' him, I wish him well bt will not pray,
[/center]
Re: SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua by chidichris(m): 6:32pm On Dec 14, 2009
if these ppl are serious, 21 days fasting will be ideal for a president.
if i may ask, all these yar adua aids and turai aids flying up and down, i hope is not on our money?
it is good that no hospital in nigeria to treat him and very soon, all our politicians will be forced to traditional medicines where the native doctors will force them to drink poision.

Sources close to President Yar’Adua this morning confirmed to P.M.NEWS that the ailing President has lost his voice and that doctors are battling to rectify this.

wow, i saw a voice this morning but i never knew it belonged to the president. pls tell the doctors to stop battling as the voice is already in nigeria so whenever he comes back, he will pick his voice here.

God, pls send more illnesses to all our wicked rulers.

Is Buhari A Hausa Or Fulani Man? / Breaking News !!!! Peter Obi Charged To Court For Corruption. / Fayose "Oshoko" Returns To Ekiti State House....