Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,131 members, 7,880,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:44 PM

I Cut My Wife Into Pieces To Save Myself – Lagos Driver (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Cut My Wife Into Pieces To Save Myself – Lagos Driver (photos) (602 Views)

Man Beats His Wife Into Coma In Yenagoa On Christmas Eve (Photos) / Ghanaian Man Beats His Wife Into Coma For Having Sex With Another Man (Photo) / FRSC Officer Climbs A Car In Nasarawa To Stop Stubborn Driver. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1)

I Cut My Wife Into Pieces To Save Myself – Lagos Driver (photos) by Islie: 6:03am On Feb 21, 2017
Samson Folarin

A Lagos driver, Shakiru Bello, who was arrested for allegedly killing his wife, Sherifat, said he cut her remains into pieces to escape the wrath of her father , Akeem Atanda, and to avoid being prosecuted for her death.

Shakiru added that after hiding her remains in different uncompleted buildings in Lagos , he fled to Ibadan, Oyo State.

A team from the Ijora Badia Police Division , led by the Operations Officer , ASP Talabi Segun, recovered Sherifat ’ s head and neck in Morocco , Yaba, while other parts of her body were recovered in another uncompleted building on Moshalashi Street, Somolu .

Our correspondent gathered that Sherifat and Shakiru, who were married for over nine years, were separated in July 2016.

The victim , who lived on Daramola Street in the Ijora Badia area , had, however , last Monday reportedly demanded money for the upkeep of their three children.

Shakiru was said to have invited her to a location where they allegedly met . She never returned home.
The victim ’ s father , Akeem , on Tuesday reported a case of missing person to the police, leading to a search for the suspect.

A source said Akeem told policemen that an unidentified number called him that his daughter fell into a lagoon .

The source said , “ The police tracked the number, and discovered that the caller was in Ibadan. He ( Shakiru) was arrested and brought down to Lagos around 1am on Saturday. ”

The suspect was said to have led the police to the two uncompleted buildings where the remains of the late Sherifat were recovered.

Shakiru said , “ After we separated, I secretly reconciled with her and we started meeting. On the average , I gave her N 15, 000 in a week. On that Monday , she called me that she needed money and we agreed to meet.

“ I gave her N10,000 that evening . She later begged me to accompany her to Lagos Island where her niece was admitted in a hospital. We took a motorcycle and were on the Third Mainland Bridge when a truck hit us from behind.

“ I took her to my house on Olaleye Street , Somolu , around 12am . I went out to get her balm and some drugs . Unfortunately , she died . I was afraid of her father , who didn ’ t want to see us together. Also , I couldn’ t report to the police, so I decided to put her body in a sack and dispose of it. When it was not going into the sack, I cut off her arms , head , legs and other parts . ”

A police source, however, told our correspondent that the private parts of the victim were missing, saying the suspect might not be acting alone.

Our correspondent visited Akorede Street, Ijora Badia , where scores of sympathisers besieged the victim ’ s parents ’ house.

Sherifat ’ s younger sister , Shakirat Kareem, said her sister was separated from the husband sometime in July 2016.

She said , “ He told her that he was given a medicine which both of them must rub on their bodies before making love. My sister tricked him and secretly told another relative , who informed my father . My father ordered us to go and pack her luggage . That was how they separated.

“ But four weeks ago , he called her on the telephone and said he wanted to see her, but my sister refused . I grabbed the phone from her and told him never to call her again . ”

The victim ’s father, Akeem, said he was informed that his daughter was missing lastTuesday, adding that when he called the suspect , he denied knowing her whereabouts.

He said , “ He told us he was at a traditional healing home in Ibadan where he was receiving treatment for an accident . When we got there , the owner of the home denied seeing him.

“ We went to his mother ’ s house and she said she was coming out to see us . We later noticed she had sneaked out through the back door and escaped.

“ The police in Lagos later asked us to come down ; that they had arrested him . The Area Commander , Area B , told me that my daughter had been killed and her corpse cut into pieces.

“ The police should arrest all those involved in the killing .I want justice for her. It is unfortunate that my daughter has three children for him . ”

The state Police Public Relations Officer , SP Dolapo Badmos , said investigations were ongoing.

“ The state Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, has directed that the suspect be prosecuted in a law court at the end of investigations, ” she added.

http://punchng.com/cut-wife-pieces-save-lagos-driver/

lalasticlala

Re: I Cut My Wife Into Pieces To Save Myself – Lagos Driver (photos) by kabrud: 6:12am On Feb 21, 2017
They are very "educated".
Re: I Cut My Wife Into Pieces To Save Myself – Lagos Driver (photos) by Mynd44: 6:17am On Feb 21, 2017

(1)

VIDEO: House And Cars Owned By Kinappers In Kogi State Destroyed / Fuelless Generator For Sale Scam / 'i'm An Expert In Stealing, I Can Steal Anything Using My Head' - Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.