Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,810 members, 7,889,638 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:13 PM

Prophet Muhammad in the Bible - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Prophet Muhammad in the Bible (23143 Views)

A Chinese Emperor's Poem About Prophet Muhammad (SAW) / Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). / Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Go Down)

Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by alheri(f): 9:38am On Mar 02, 2006
@9ijaMan

Ive heard all that before but thanks for taking out time to make the explanations anyway. My purpose for asking the question has been achieved and I dont feel the need to continue on that issue cause thats not what the topic is all about. CIAO
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by m4malik(m): 1:25pm On Aug 03, 2006
Kenya:

As I said before, The first verses I Corinthians 3:16,17 & 6:19,20 pointed out the fact that the holy spirit lives within the human body.
Allah said in the translation that he lives within us and that our bodies are a temple that we must respect and take care of. The spirit of Allah living within us all.

Where in the Qur'an did Allah tell you he lives within us, or that the spirit of *Allah* is living within us all?
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by TayoD(m): 4:32pm On Aug 04, 2006
Muhammad is mentioned in the Bible quite alright.  He is said to be acursed according to Galatians 1:6-9  6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Muhammad came to preach another Gospel claiming an Angel spoke to him.  That sounds like what we have in Galatians here doesn't it?

For those claiming that Muhammad is the Holy Spirit, I have just two questions or observations.  Wouldn't you say that Muhammad showed up a little too late and at a different location from what Jesus said?  Jesus clearly told His disciples to wait in Jerusalem for the Holy Spirit, and I believe all those Disciples were already "asleep" and in heaven at the time this Bedoiun Prophet showed up. 

The Muslim's endless effort to validate their false religion with the truth of God's Word (the Bible) will never end.  They are aware that the Koran cannot stand by itself and needs the Bible for it's authenticity.  The problem is that the Bible will never authenticate that which is false.  So, they keep wallowing in their self-delusion and try to tell us they understand the Bible much more than we do.

I am waiting for you guys to continue displaying your ignorance here as I serve you back with the truth.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by Nobody: 1:24am On Aug 05, 2006
Interesting thread indeed.
These muslims are really trained in stupid arguments and would twist everything to suit them if given the chance.

Shall we go back to the basics, by that I mean the fundamental comparison of Christ and Muhammad.
You mean to tell me that a man who was a murderer,womanizer,pedophile,rapist of war victims,who said he did not know what Allah would do to him at his demise ,who had to repent many times a day from his immoralities.
A man whom the hadiths praised for having the sexual strength of 30 men such that even neighbors came to watch and attest to it,who told his men it was ok to rape women in war and did the same.
Told them to marry maximum of 4 wives but had about 12 to 16 including concubines forced and willing.

A man who taught his  men how to practice lewd sex acts,looked at baby's lustfully,an opportunist who married an older rich woman and dared not cheat on her till her death,who thereafter received a revelation to lust after any one in a skirt(or whatever they wore then)

A man who taught men the right way to beat their wives and that most women were going to hell anyways.A man who said women were to satisfy men's burning needs and promised sex galore in paradise.
A man who referred to black people as raisin heads.
A man who ultimately was undone at the hands of a jewish woman after eating poisoned food is the holy spirit?.

Where are these Muslims sef,let's start from the life of Mo and then move on from there and when we are done next time you write his name instead of pubh or whatever alphabets, you'll end with tufiakwa(God forbid).

By the way if anyone needs quotations from the 'tried  and true' muslim texts on anything I said and more,I shall supply it and no,you would not be reading in between the lines,
If you guys kept quiet no one would know all these but now that you are coming to make noise,be prepared because the world has found out that what you guys have been hiding in that pot ain't no soup but a creepy-crawlie infested fura de nunu.

To the originator of this thread if you have nothing sensible to say,say nothing that way no one would know that there are no noodles up there.
Don't say babyosisi did not fore warn you.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by m4malik(m): 7:22am On Aug 05, 2006
babyosisi:

Told them to marry maximum of 4 wives but had about 12 to 16 including concubines forced and willing.

Well, if you had dared say any of those things while I was a Muslim, you would have been roasting like suya by now, because I would personally seen to it that you didn't get away with a dot of those stuff against my (ex-)prophet. I'm no longer boiling for him, but whatever else could be found out about him, I feel so sorry for those who still regard him as "holy" simply because he claimed to be a prophet.

Muhammad had more than 16 wives, and no one checked out his claim to have received the "revelation" to be so sexually promiscuous (Q. 33:50). Why so? Because he alone had the "private" conduit to "revelations" from *Allah*. He alone could wantonly do as he pleased while others could not. He alone could marry underaged children and have sex with them by "revelation" before their 10th birthday. The true God would not condone such lewdness - unless the one purporting to have been sent is a false prophet by Biblical standards. And as long as Muhammad claimed to have been sent by that same God who revealed the Bible, then he should be examined by the standard of righteousness revealed on its pages.

Why was there no other prophet in Islam to have received "revelation" to confirm Muhammad's immorality? I offer that it is because Islam was designed from the very beginning as a religion without true revelation and righteousness. It was a "revelation" based on a false conception of righteousness and according to Muhammad's arbitrary adjustments as he pleased. The result? He could not say for sure what *Allah* would do to him in that day. That is why when people find his claims untenable and want to leave Islam, Muhammad received yet another "revelation" to kill such because he personally considered them 'apostates'.

My heart is pained and I yearn for more and more Muslims to understand the character of the true God - He is holy and righteous and will not condone any form of immorality, no matter the claim to prophethood by anyone. Only the just and true One, Jesus Christ, can deliver people from the bondage of sin, whatever that sin may be. I had many in my life - but I have come to experience the real and powerful deliverance that Jesus offers. I only offer this challenge to my muslim friends: ask Jesus Christ sincerely to set you free from sin, and I guarantee you that He certainly will do so, and give you the gift of eternal life and the assurance of salvation with God. Don't wait until the end to cry the same thing as Muhammad did: he did not know what would happen to him in that day!

Sample this as a preview of the type of Judgement that will take place in that day (Rev. 22:14-15) -

"Blessed are those who wash their robes. They will have the right to come to the tree of life. They will be allowed to go through the gates into the city. Outside the city are the dogs and those who practice witchcraft. Outside are also those who commit sexual sins and murder. Those who worship statues of gods, and everyone who loves and does what is false, are outside too."

May God not let anyone of you muslims be locked outside in that day - if only you do the right thing now before it is too late!
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by owo(m): 2:55pm On Aug 05, 2006
Thank you m4malik.

Nothing can obliterate the personal testimony of one saved soul, of which you are one.

Fortunately, there is still time, for anyone that is worshipping an arabian idol, to repent and follow the Lord of heaven and earth - Jehovah.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 05, 2006
Amen to that prayer.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by blakconjee: 7:32pm On Aug 05, 2006
Judgement day will tell who is following the real religion. all these one that people are fighting over themselves to prove whose religion is the 'real' religion, i no understand ooo.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by derteufel(m): 7:56pm On Aug 05, 2006
Why do u people fight over soemthing thats beyond ur control? abeg lets rest
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 05, 2006
deuteful there's an atheist thread,air your views there and believe me you'll get lots of supporters.
The title here is a little different.
smooches.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by derteufel(m): 11:02pm On Aug 05, 2006
i have seen the light! Thanks
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by mukina2: 11:08pm On Aug 05, 2006
oh
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 07, 2006
read a tesimony of a former muslim and the parts of scriptures they use in supporting the foolish claim that Mo is in the bible.

http://www.answering-islam.org/Testimonies/tarasca.html
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by ISAHO(m): 7:10am On Aug 08, 2006
"@ MALIK
It may not be written that way that that Allah is within us OR His spirit live with us, but was stated that Allah is closer to us than our jugular veins. I guess that should be okay for you.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by ISAHO(m): 7:27am On Aug 08, 2006
@malik

the fact that you were once a muslim does not mean you know everything while you were one. But i wonder why peolple easily use this to buttres their facts. A lot of muslim converts and christian converts abound everywhere, whether genuinely or otherwise, what does that matter.

I was not born muslim but do i need to announce it when whatever i do is for my own soul!

please post facts if at all you have any. also those negative words about the prophet, it is how you understand it and it does not make any believing muslim to get confused, it had been explained in various trends on nl.

peace
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by barikade: 9:30am On Aug 08, 2006
@ISAHO,

Malik has not claimed on Nairaland that he knew everything while he was a muslim, has he? And his mentioning it at all only helps strengthen his persuasions about what he states. Does it matter at all? Well, maybe it doesn't - just as it wouldn't really matter for you to state that you were not born a Muslim - why mention it at all then?

However, I don't know much about Islam, nor do I know everything about Christianity even though I am a Christian (does it matter that I say so?). The point is, what really has m4malik said that is not fact? Negative words, we don't encourage - but stating the obvious, it seems most likely that's what he's been doing.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 08, 2006
bari_kade:

@ISAHO,

Malik has not claimed on Nairaland that he knew everything while he was a muslim, has he? And his mentioning it at all only helps strengthen his persuasions about what he states. Does it matter at all? Well, maybe it doesn't - just as it wouldn't really matter for you to state that you were not born a Muslim - why mention it at all then?

However, I don't know much about Islam, nor do I know everything about Christianity even though I am a Christian (does it matter that I say so?). The point is, what really has m4malik said that is not fact? Negative words, we don't encourage - but stating the obvious, it seems most likely that's what he's been doing.

Especially if he can back those up with quotes from the Koran as he has has consistently done.
No explanations can explain away the words of aisha herself and the words of Muhammad.
Sugar coating stuff by muslims to make it palatable ain't going to cut it.
The Bible says that some people may have to be snatched away as though through fire.
So ladies and gentlemen, tell it like it is,you never know whom the spirit of God may be speaking to at every instance.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by Softee(f): 8:50pm On Aug 08, 2006
Please don't say such nonsesne. Muhammed was NOT mentioned in the bible. Tell-a-lie infact he was, check it out: 

The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries and the delusions of their own minds"
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by ISAHO(m): 12:16am On Aug 10, 2006
@babyosisi,

consistent backup from the Quran like marrying 12 to 16 wives? you cant be fed with an assertion and believe just like that without comfirming it. what the Quran said was marry at most four, and there is a clause there "except if you can put equality among them"

@barikade,

reaction after an action. may be i said it but not with the intention as an avenue of condemning christianity, i respects it like i always do, no strings attached.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by barikade: 8:39am On Aug 10, 2006
ISAHO:

consistent backup from the Quran like marrying 12 to 16 wives? you can't be fed with an assertion and believe just like that without comfirming it. what the Quran said was marry at most four, and there is a clause there "except if you can put equality among them"

C'mon, ISAHO. . . Muhammad's number of wives is not backed up in the Qur'an, is it? Unless you'd like to re-interpret history, we know for a certain from Islamic sources that Muhammad married more than four times the prescribed number of wives stipulated in the Qur'an - that would be anywhere from 4 x 4 number of wives (= 16) to 7 x 3 number (= 21) according to other sources like Ali Dashti. Infact, when you take a look at Q. 33:50, you begin to get an idea of the precedence for Muhammad's adventures. Bottom line was that Islamic sources knew that he had more than 4 wives, equality among them not withstanding -

Q.33:50
YUSUFALI: O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom Allah has assigned to thee; and daughters of thy paternal uncles and aunts, and daughters of thy maternal uncles and aunts, who migrated (from Makka) with thee; and any believing woman who dedicates her soul to the Prophet if the Prophet wishes to wed her;- this only for thee, and not for the Believers (at large); We know what We have appointed for them as to their wives and the captives whom their right hands possess;- in order that there should be no difficulty for thee. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Caught that? So, there was no "difficulty" for Muhammad to do as he thought fit in this matter. . . or what did I miss?

ISAHO:

reaction after an action. may be i said it but not with the intention as an avenue of condemning christianity, i respects it like i always do, no strings attached.

I understand. Forgive me, but sometimes one can't help stating these things, even though it sounds like condemning. Well, I'd like to respect anyone's faith. . . but one couldn't just ignore those aspects that are being posted on the Forum. Respects.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 10, 2006
Thanks Bari kade,need I say more?
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by ISAHO(m): 4:29am On Aug 11, 2006
u did not miss any words in ur quotations but the only thing u missed was just the application;from history like you rightly said lets start counting how many the Prophet really had.

Q33:50 does not interprete that he married all of them. this verse mentioned paternal and maternal daughters, shall we say he married his relative .NO
Prophet Muhammad was a man of God in whom the oppressed, the widow, the poor, the needy found succour. God knew the heart of men very well that HE let these women be under his care not as wives but more functional to the propagation of Islam. He was appointed to them as their Father as well as Husband. Let me make u understand the word husband here. this is not the type of husband that u and i know but the one who serves as a custodian to these women, cater for their needs. there are old women among them, older than the prophet, shall we say he married those ones too? NO.

did u ask urself why would God ask us to follow the steps of the Prophet and yet gave him the monopoly of being the custodian of these women. because the heart of men can do otherwise. because maximum protection can be guaranteed in the Prophet.

There are lot of verses that u might misunderstand, quote them and Insha Allah i will be able to make u understand them, and if there is any i do not understand then i will need to go further to get the explanations for u. i think that`s what naira land was actually created for.

Peace
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by barikade: 8:47am On Aug 11, 2006
Em. . . Malik, Gwaine, TayoD, Davidylan, Babyosisi and others more knowledgeable than me - guys this is where I need help - where are you?  undecided        Especially you Gwaine  angry

ISAHO:

u did not miss any words in your quotations but the only thing u missed was just the application;from history like you rightly said lets start counting how many the Prophet really had.

I'd have to give that to you and acknowledge my very limited understanding of Islam; so I really can't make application of what isn't my specialty. However, if we start counting from history, this is what I found for our perusal:

One source (anwary-islam.com) gives the number of Muhammad's women as 12; while another source (muslimhope.com) stretches it as many as 31, including wives and concubines while remarking that Ali Dashti missed at least nine possible other wives. I here reproduce a list of some of them -

1. Khadija/Khadijah bint Khuwailid/Khywaylid - died first
2. Sawda/Sauda bint Zam’a
3. 'Aisha/Aesha/’A’ishah - 8 to 9 years old, 2nd wife
4. Omm/’Umm Salama/Salamah
5. Hafsa/Hafsah
6. Zaynab/Zainab of Jahsh
7. Jowayriya/Juwairiyya bint Harith
8. Omm Habiba
9. Safiya/Safiyya bint Huyai/Huyayy bint Akhtab
10. Maymuna/Maimuna of Hareth
11. Fatima/Fatema/Fatimah
12. Hend/Hind
13. Asma of Saba
14. Zaynab of Khozayma
15. Habla?
16. Asma of Noman / bint al-Nu’man

slaves / concubines

17. Mary the Christian/Copt
18. Rayhana/Raihana/Rayhanah bint Zayd/Zaid

uncertain relationship

19. Omm Sharik
20. Maymuna/Maimuna (slave girl?)
21. Zaynab/Zainab the third?
22. Khawla / Khawlah

ISAHO:

Q33:50 does not interprete that he married all of them. this verse mentioned paternal and maternal daughters, shall we say he married his relative .NO

But wasn't Zaynab bint Jahsh his cousin and who had been the wife of his adopted son Zaid?

ISAHO:

Prophet Muhammad was a man of God in whom the oppressed, the widow, the poor, the needy found succour. God knew the heart of men very well that HE let these women be under his care not as wives but more functional to the propagation of Islam.

It does not appear that Muhammad's marriages were functionally for the propagation of Islam. Besides, there's a problem with that kind of reasoning - that God would countenance the idea of a prophet marrying and having sex with several women in order to propagate a religion. And again, these women were not under his care for the function you offered - the fact is that he had sex with them, married some of them as his wives indeed, and had sex with both his concubines and other women his right hand possessed as 'war booties' (female captives in war).

If Muhammad's marriage was functionally for care and succour, what are we to understand from his divorces from some of these women - that he no longer cared for them?

ISAHO:

He was appointed to them as their Father as well as Husband. Let me make u understand the word husband here. this is not the type of husband that u and i know but the one who serves as a custodian to these women, cater for their needs. there are old women among them, older than the prophet, shall we say he married those ones too? NO.

I should have passed over this line and shelved it for future reference; but here's a problem in them that misses the obvious - which of these older women were known to have been connected with Muhammad without his having married them?

ISAHO:

did u ask yourself why would God ask us to follow the steps of the Prophet and yet gave him the monopoly of being the custodian of these women. because the heart of men can do otherwise. because maximum protection can be guaranteed in the Prophet.

This misses the point - read the text again in Q.33:50 - "O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers. . . and any believing woman who dedicates her soul to the Prophet if the Prophet wishes to wed her;- this only for thee, and not for the Believers (at large); . . . in order that there should be no difficulty for thee." There is no going round the clear implication that marriage was implicitly intended by such words as "wives" and "wed" - which nullifies the idea that Muhammad was merely acting as a "custodian". It was not for protection that a prophet would have sex with the women under his roof.

ISAHO:

There are lot of verses that u might misunderstand, quote them and Insha Allah i will be able to make u understand them, and if there is any i do not understand then i will need to go further to get the explanations for u. i think that`s what naira land was actually created for.

Many thanks for your kind gesture - and indeed there are many verses that are not clear to me. With time, I'll try and offer them for rounded discussion. Shalom.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 11, 2006
baricade you've done well,the quoranic quotes of wives are there for all to see.

@ Isaho tell us on this forum how many wives did Muhammad have.
We all know what the word wife means so no need to explain away.

1.How many wives did he marry?

2.Did he have any concubines?

3.did he have any temporary lovers albeit forcefully?

4.did he marry his relatives?

Please give me your answers and we'll take it from there.

Please promise to return and continue the discussion,I also promise  to quote from the Islamic holy books when I respond such that they would not be my words.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by ISAHO(m): 5:58am On Aug 14, 2006
waoh! i read the report on your link, guess what? they are as tasking as making me feel aches on my head. but i will still want you to read that link again to reconfirm ali dashti reports. perhaps, you might still get your answers from them.
@babyosisi,
Q. 1. i still maintain my words they are 4.

Q.2, Q.3, Q.4 and Q5 remain NO.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by m4malik(m): 7:56am On Aug 14, 2006
Hi @ISAHO,

babyosisi:

@ Isaho tell us on this forum how many wives did Muhammad have.
We all know what the word wife means so no need to explain away.

1.How many wives did he marry?

[size=10pt:
ISAHO[/size] link=topic=3643.msg563879#msg563879 date=1155531508]
@babyosisi,
Q. 1. i still maintain my words they are 4.

Well, is there any particular reason why you choose 4 and disregard the rest? It is true that the Qur'an stipulates 4 wives for Muslim men; but when you study Q. 33:50 carefully, you find that Muhammad alone had the licence to marry more than 4! [remember the clause - "this only for thee, and not for the Believers (at large);"].

Secondly, judging from other sources recounting the actual history of what transpired, this is what we find about Muhammad's marriage to several women:

1. Khadijah bint Khuwailid - the first woman he married when he was 25 and she was 40 years old.

2. Sawdah bint Zam‘a - second wife whom he married in Shawwal (the tenth month of the Islamic calendar), in the tenth year of Prophethood, a few days after the death of Khadijah.

3. Aisha bint Abu Bakr - married off to Muhammad when she was 6 and became fully "wife" at 9 years old.

4. Hafsah bint ‘Umar bin Al-Khattab - Muhammad married her in the third year of Al-Hijra.

5. Zainab bint Khuzaimah - formerly the wife of ‘Abdullah bin Jahsh, who was martyred at Uhud; Muhammad married her in the fourth year of Al-Hijra, but she died two or three months after the marriage.

6. Umm Salamah Hind bint Abi Omaiyah - formerly the wife of Abu Salamah, who died in Jumada Al-Akhir, in the fourth year of Al-Hijra; Muhammad married her in Shawwal of the same year.

7. Zainab bint Jahsh bin Riyab - she was Muhammad’s paternal cousin, and even the Qur'an has a text about her marriage to him: "So when Zaid had accomplished his desire from her (i.e., divorced her), We gave her to you in marriage" (Q. 33:37). Muhammad married her in Dhul-Qa‘dah, the fifth year of Al-Hijra.

8. Safiyah bint Huyai bin Akhtab - a Jewess taken as 'booty' at Khaibar battle whom Muhammad married after that conquest in the seventh year of Al-Hijra.

9. Maimunah bint Al-Harith - daughter of Al-Harith, and sister of Umm Al-Fadl Lubabah bint Al-Harith; Muhammad married her in Dhul-Qa‘dah in the seventh year of Al-Hijra.

Two other women (Juwairiyah bint Al-Harith and Umm Habibah: Ramlah, the daughter of Abu Sufyan) make up the eleven wives of the core of his harem, and with whom Muhammad incontestably consummated his marriage. It is interesting also that the Hadith confirms that Muhammad had more than 4 wives and he kept sexual relations with them -

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 5, Number 268:

Narrated Qatada:
Anas bin Malik said, "The Prophet used to visit all his wives in a round, during the day and night and they were eleven in number." I asked Anas, "Had the Prophet the strength for it?" Anas replied, "We used to say that the Prophet was given the strength of thirty (men)." And Sa'id said on the authority of Qatada that Anas had told him about nine wives only (not eleven).

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 5, Number 270:

Narrated Muhammad bin Al-Muntathir:
on the authority of his father that he had asked 'Aisha about the saying of Ibn 'Umar (i.e. he did not like to be a Muhrim while the smell of scent was still coming from his body). 'Aisha said, "I scented Allah's Apostle and he went round (had sexual intercourse with) all his wives, and in the morning he was Muhrim (after taking a bath)."

The only reason one could have for maintaining that Muhammad had no more than 4 wives, is simply to reject a clear testimony of the Qur'an and the Hadith. You may check several other sources including [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad's_marriages#Other_Wives_of_the_Prophet]Wikipedia[/url].

babyosisi:

2.Did he have any concubines?

3.did he have any temporary lovers albeit forcefully?

4.did he marry his relatives?

[size=10pt:
ISAHO[/size] link=topic=3643.msg563879#msg563879 date=1155531508]

Q.2, Q.3, Q.4 and Q5 remain NO.

Again, the facts stand out from Islamic sources that Muhammad actually had concubines and married his relation (Zaynab bint Jahsh). This is the sort of reasoning that we're imploring people to deal with - be open and acknowledge the real issues in Islam rather than cover them up.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by Nobody: 2:05am On Aug 15, 2006
@ Isaho,honey,you make yourself look bad when non muslims seem to know the hadiths and the koran more than you do.

You need a little more reading before you return to this forum so you don't cause yourself any more embarrasments.
The other muslims like belotti and ajia23 agreed he had a whole lot of wives like the Koran said and give us the reasons why he did so,you my man are ignorant of your own religion.

Do you need me to show you where he raped women captured from war?
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by ISAHO(m): 4:35am On Aug 15, 2006
i actually read the explanations of my muslim brothers on these issues and the way they have explain them with utmost simplicity but you never accepted those explanations, on the contrary you all want to impose your own understanding on a religion you claim not to know much about thereby disregarding explanations from those who actually practice and understood what they practiced.
if you read my postings so far i`ve not quoted the Quran neither am i going to quote the hadiths, why? because am not here on nairaland to defend the Quran but instead the protection is what i held with high esteem just for the simple reason that you will not accept it but rather prefer to bastardised it.
so my dear friend am only using your reported findings to show the lapses on your reports.
concerning the verse you quoted, as i`ve explained to you already, consider my explanation on it and connect it with the list on your ali dashti reports, you will vividly see the answer to your question(s).
of course i will not be surprised to see you post your rape accusation. it happens everyday in our lives when wrong evidences are levied against one another.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by barikade: 10:08am On Aug 15, 2006
ISAHO:

i actually read the explanations of my muslim brothers on these issues and the way they have explain them with utmost simplicity but you never accepted those explanations, on the contrary you all want to impose your own understanding on a religion you claim not to know much about thereby disregarding explanations from those who actually practice and understood what they practiced.

Please help me do just one thing - could you re-post some of those explanations by your Muslim brothers explaining how Muhammad married only 4 women and their reason for rejecting the rest? Second, who are those four women?? Mind you, I haven't come across any Muslim website that yet denies the fact that Muhammad married more than 4 women - and you haven't really explained why you think that those Muslims who list at least 9 wives are wrong!

ISAHO:

if you read my postings so far i`ve not quoted the Quran neither am i going to quote the hadiths, why? because am not here on nairaland to defend the Quran but instead the protection is what i held with high esteem just for the simple reason that you will not accept it but rather prefer to bastardised it.

I don't think you're making any sense here. If the Qur'an says anything, why are you ignoring what it says simply because you hold its protection in high esteem, and yet you're bastardizing it yourself by rejecting what it says? It seems to me that you're afraid to quote any text - Qur'an or Hadith - because you fear they would confirm what we're saying and reject your own denials of what actually happened in Muhammad's marriages with those women.

ISAHO:

so my dear friend am only using your reported findings to show the lapses on your reports.

What lapses? That those Islamic websites are producing sloppy reports or what?

ISAHO:

concerning the verse you quoted, as i`ve explained to you already, consider my explanation on it and connect it with the list on your ali dashti reports, you will vividly see the answer to your question(s).

The only thing I could pick out from your explanation is denials and outright rejection of what the quoted verses point out. You really surprise me, because this is the first time I'm coming across a Muslim who strangely rejects what Islam's holy books say!

ISAHO:

of course i will not be surprised to see you post your rape accusation. it happens everyday in our lives when wrong evidences are levied against one another.

Sorry, but I didn't post anything about rape - even though some people feel persuaded that such a thing happened. The basic point I need to clarify from you is whether or not Muhammad married more than 4 wives, and if he did not - what are your reasons for rejecting what Islamic history glaringly state - that Muhammad indeed had more than 4 wives?
[quote][/quote]
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by mukina2: 6:33pm On Aug 15, 2006
i dont know why every thread on this religion board has to come up with "off topic" angry
as far as am concerned there are so many propaganda sites on the internet this days so all kinds of "truths " would be found
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by m4malik(m): 6:55pm On Aug 15, 2006
mukina2:

i don't know why every thread on this religion board has to come up with "off topic" angry
as far as am concerned there are so many propaganda sites on the internet this days so all kinds of "truths " would be found

What propaganda sites are you referring to? What we would like to know is whether or not what is being posted are false. To be specific, it would be interesting to see how you guys defend or sustain the idea that Muhammad married only 4 women and who those women are. And what about the texts in the Hadith that authentic the claim that Muhammad married more than 4 women - are those hadiths propaganda too?
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by mukina2: 9:29pm On Aug 15, 2006
what more can i say

here we go again undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17)

Zakir Naik Live In Abuja / Muslim Singer Praises Allah with ‘Zazoo Zeh’ (Video) / Permissible Hairstyle For Men In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.